PDA

View Full Version : welcome Victoria

west coast
04-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Victoria has alot of history in the WHL.It was shocking to islanders that they lost their team to PG.They are back in the league with a state of the art arena.Victoria has a huge population and should play to sell out crowds and be a role model team for years to come.I am excited for the people of Victoria and cant wait to see a dub game there next season.

Rocketsfan
04-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Echoing what west coast said, welcome to the league Victoria. I also can't wait to see a game in Victoria next season and I hope we develop quite a rivalry :p

lordstanley
04-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Echoing what west coast said, welcome to the league Victoria. I also can't wait to see a game in Victoria next season and I hope we develop quite a rivalry :p

So they are looking to new names for Victoria i think Victoria thieves have a nice ring what about the rest of you ?

canes77
04-20-2011, 10:52 PM
So they are looking to new names for Victoria i think Victoria thieves have a nice ring what about the rest of you ?

Looks like the choices are...
Capitals, Dragons, Force, Tide, Royals, and Thunder.

All are un-original to my memory except for the Tide...

Kelsey Rocque
04-21-2011, 12:01 AM
It is a beautiful city. I'm glad they got a team again.

lordstanley
04-21-2011, 12:47 AM
I like Victoria Capitals but you just know if they choose that name they are gonna want to have the washington capitals mock jersey and that will make lethbridge have to switch things up a bit

Chipchura_Fan
04-21-2011, 01:24 AM
I wouldn't mind the Royals... Or the queens lol

west coast
04-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Victoria is on the ocean and yes some people claim they stole the Bruins from Chilliwack , so why not name them with a pirate name.Victoria Buccaneers, Victoria Mauraders,

ChilliwackFan
04-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Either way what they are going to call them they will have to have a name in time for the whl bantam draft and jerseys as well

Stuck in the Penalty Box
04-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Name for the Victoria Franchise? Well since the WHL owners shafted the fans of Chilliwack...how about the Victoria Miners? Or since money came into play big time on this move, how about the Victoria Greed?

They can have the capital's logo. Then the Lethbridge Hurricanes will have to come up with something original. Not the swirl of Carolina, not the logo Washington....but something original.:burningmad:

patsdude114
04-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Victoria is on the ocean and yes some people claim they stole the Bruins from Chilliwack , so why not name them with a pirate name.Victoria Buccaneers, Victoria Mauraders,

I really like that idea for the team name quick hurry email this franchise with ur idea lmao

ChilliwackFan
04-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Heres a few things not sure if fans knew or not...

No time frame on name or GM/coach but I assume it will be done soon after bantam draft which is May 5.
So far Victoria Capitals is leading the voting.

Brian Drewry
Sports Editor
Victoria Times Colonist

Dakers said no decision has yet been made about coaching and management.

“We will not discuss operational details until later,” he said.

“Marc Habscheid [current Bruins GM and head coach] will conduct the [bantam] draft and run what’s left of the Bruins and [Salmon Kings GM and coach] Mark Morrison will continue to coach the Salmon Kings in the ECHL Kelly Cup playoffs,” said Dakers.

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...#ixzz1KIPQSImf

west coast
04-23-2011, 02:43 PM
with everyone wondering what was going on with the transfer of chillwack to victoria for the longest time......a most fitting name for the Victoria franchise would be the Victoria Secrets hahhahahaha

Trevor
04-23-2011, 02:44 PM
I know it would be incredibly unoriginal, but I really like the sound of the Victoria Islanders.

ChilliwackFan
04-23-2011, 07:26 PM
I figured Bantam draft is on the 5th which is a week thursday so we should know by then the logo, jersey, team name and everything

ChilliwackFan
05-03-2011, 01:00 AM
No logo, no name, no coach until after the bantam draft on Thursday. The Chilliwack GM/coach (Marc Habscheid) is handling the draft because he had already done all the research. And odds are he will stay on as he has two more years left on his contract.

And the Salmon Kings ECHL season ended tonight so more announcements are expected any day on name and logo.

BTW, the ‘Victoria Capitals’ is leading the on-line voting for the name.

i got this in an email tonight from victoria newspaper

ChilliwackFan
05-09-2011, 10:45 AM
They have add the poll question for fans to vote since they announced the team coming to the whl for atleast 2-3 weeks now i think they got the basic answer to the poll results announce the official team name already