PDA

View Full Version : Pre Season Tourney???

Hockey101
06-02-2005, 11:51 AM
How come Red Deer doesn't do a pre season tourney any more??? :groovy:

Tinner
06-02-2005, 06:17 PM
the tourney was ran by minor hockey and was well attended, but because the teams needed looked after and the fact that it was all volunteer help that made it a sucess, it also was part of the problem that led to its demise. it was the same people doing all the work all day/night.

can it happen again.........of course!.........and it will.....next year for sure and maybe even this year yet.

HAF
06-03-2005, 04:00 AM
the tourney was ran by minor hockey and was well attended, but because the teams needed looked after and the fact that it was all volunteer help that made it a sucess, it also was part of the problem that led to its demise. it was the same people doing all the work all day/night.

can it happen again.........of course!.........and it will.....next year for sure and maybe even this year yet.
Maybe their boosters could help out.... Oh yeah, they wont allow a booster club in Red Deer. I'm rooting for ya Shiny!!!

Hockey101
06-03-2005, 08:03 AM
sounds good i might even be intirested to help out!!!! with that being said we just need to pull it off!

Shinyshoes
06-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Maybe their boosters could help out.... Oh yeah, they wont allow a booster club in Red Deer. I'm rooting for ya Shiny!!!

Its funny you mention this, because we had talked about doing something like this after 2-3 years of having a booster club to let us get organized and have some numbers behind us.

Guess we will have to leave it in the hands of minor hockey.......

RDRebelsfan
06-08-2005, 07:20 PM

If you guys are to have a pre seaosn tourney Rebel39 count me in to help. Preferably with the music and the announcing, unless you guys will get the local disc jocks instead. I've done plenty of both so I know how to handle it.

PM me if it happens.