PDA

View Full Version : Victoria What'stheirnames

nivek_wahs
05-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Here is their website: http://vicwhl.com/

rednex50
05-17-2011, 02:49 PM
I am so numb after all this, it isn't funny.

The lack of respect that Robison, the WHL, Burke, Sather and Porter have shown the employees of the Bruins, the Bruins fans, Sponsors and the entire city of Chilliwack is an absolute joke.

And to watch that smug bastard during that press conference, and then dance around the hard questions from the Bruins fans later on, on THE HAWK...you can tell the type of snake that he is.

Never trust a snake. It even goes back to the days of Adam and Eve...snakes (serpents) can not be trusted.

So, less than a 1000 STH so far, and just folding the Salmon Kings...just like that, because Robison blinked his eyes and just like "I Dream oif Jeannie" a WHL franchise just landed in Lee's lap.

salmonkingsforever
05-18-2011, 11:23 AM
I am so numb after all this, it isn't funny.

The lack of respect that Robison, the WHL, Burke, Sather and Porter have shown the employees of the Bruins, the Bruins fans, Sponsors and the entire city of Chilliwack is an absolute joke.

And to watch that smug bastard during that press conference, and then dance around the hard questions from the Bruins fans later on, on THE HAWK...you can tell the type of snake that he is.

Never trust a snake. It even goes back to the days of Adam and Eve...snakes (serpents) can not be trusted.

So, less than a 1000 STH so far, and just folding the Salmon Kings...just like that, because Robison blinked his eyes and just like "I Dream oif Jeannie" a WHL franchise just landed in Lee's lap.

i agree.. Robinson is full of lies... back when the SOFMC was being built, he stated that the league would not come to the island unless two teams woudl be on the island, and he also stated that the league was not going to allow relocation or expand. This was in 2003-2004. and what a couple of seasons later and the league (a) allows a team to relocate to Chilliwack, and (b) allows an expansion team in Edmonton.

Now its all of a sudden ok to have only one team on the island?

mjw22
05-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I agree robinson is pretty two faced must be taking lessons from the biggest A hole in all of hockey bettman. Whl is all about money for the league office and to hell with putting out a decent product or the fans who foot the bills. funny with all the moves to "improve" hockey attendance is no better now than 10-15 years ago in either league. too many 16-17 year olds in the dub who should be in midget and too many 3rd and 4th liners in the NHL who should be in the minors. screwing two groups of fans (bruins-salmonkings ) says it all doesn't it. :(

west coast
05-23-2011, 08:13 PM
i would agree that Bettman is a total asshole and really has bastardized the game of hockey with silly new rule changes .It would be nice for a hockey guy to take over.I disagree with the comment that there are too many 16 or 17 years old in the dub.Looking at your Moose Jaw Warriors team, they have some great young talent and they need to be groomed with the best available competition.Kids like Reilly and Kornelsen are both excellent players that deserved to be cutting their teeth in the dub.Players that stay too long in midget dont get any better and are not pushed to become the best players that they can be.

west coast
05-25-2011, 09:05 PM
does the Victoria team have a name yet?

rednex50
05-26-2011, 11:31 AM
from looking at the 1000 STH to date...the Victoria Who Cares has a pretty good ring to it

salmonkingsforever
05-26-2011, 01:18 PM

no.. they announced the coaching staff and management today as well as the radio deal.

ChilliwackFan
05-29-2011, 10:57 PM

they said in 2-3 weeks they will have a name

coach
06-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Just annouced, the team will be called the Victoria Royals. really, I hope they didn't put much money or thought into this name. really. Well, now the whl will be under supported just like the ECHL.The whl left Victoria years ago because of ownership and history looks like it will repeat itself eventually. Why does rg continue to not listen to fans. I do agree that an american league should never have come to Victoria but whl,watch us F%&$ this up.

salmonkingsforever
06-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Just annouced, the team will be called the Victoria Royals. really, I hope they didn't put much money or thought into this name. really. Well, now the whl will be under supported just like the ECHL.The whl left Victoria years ago because of ownership and history looks like it will repeat itself eventually. Why does rg continue to not listen to fans. I do agree that an american league should never have come to Victoria but whl,watch us F%&$ this up.

what name would you have liked the team to have?

TourettesGuy
06-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Here's the possible logo.

http://i53.tinypic.com/1icu47.jpg

salmonkingsforever
06-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Here's the possible logo.

http://i53.tinypic.com/1icu47.jpg

more than the posible logo, it is the logo. That logo has been trademarked already and the owners of the trademark are Westcoast Hockey Enterprises Ltd.

chalk_one_up
06-10-2011, 04:53 PM
I love how this site got whiff of the new name before www.whl.ca did.

Bu really, the stick in that logo is turrible.

coach
06-10-2011, 06:10 PM
what name would you have liked the team to have?

The Capitols.

CdnSailor
06-11-2011, 12:51 PM

From the logo that they have, me thinks that the Royal Bank may be a sponsor.
Apparently the real announcment is to be launched on the 20 at SOFMC

salmonkingsforever
06-11-2011, 12:54 PM
at least they don't have to change the name of "King's Feast"

salmonkingsforever
06-18-2011, 02:21 PM
if you go to the teams site.. www.vicwhl.com you will a countdown to what i presume is a press conference for Monday 10:30am. I am guessing they will finally come out with the leaked name and logo!

Tamal_SC
06-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Last week when this was leaked, I confirmed that victoriaroyals.com had been registered, but so had all the other options so I didn't think too much of it. Now however, instead of a GoDaddy default page, victoriaroyals.com is redirecting to the vicwhl.com countdown page so as previously stated here I am agreeing that it must be the leaked name and logo being released. Congrats to Victoria and their new team the Royals!

chalk_one_up
06-20-2011, 10:54 AM
http://facebook.involver.com/cache/imgs/27312018/520x3000.png

Arthur Fonzerelli
06-20-2011, 08:21 PM
That jersey is just lame. Boring jersey for a boring city.

the Royal Flush
06-23-2011, 04:46 PM
I Like it...alot! I have been waiting patiently for almost two decades for this to happen.

Ambulocetus
06-24-2011, 11:50 AM
I like the logo, but I don't understand the requirement that the hockey stick is represented in everbody's logo. We KNOW it's a hockey team. I can understand it for American franchises, where hocky is off the radar (though most basketball teams seem to include a basketball now, too), but come on. Just give me the lion rampant; I can figure out the rest.

As to Victoria being a boring city - hardly! I mentioned that comment at my quilting club, and they laughed so hard, one of the guys dropped a stitch.

rednex50
06-25-2011, 06:28 PM
logo sucks. jersey sucks. looks like something my 5 yr old did up.

Obsolutely NOTHING is original with this team.

And other than the coaching staff...there seems to be NOTHING carrying forward from the Bruins...nothing attaching it to its past.

No originality, no history...so where does that leave them?

Sauriol
06-25-2011, 08:53 PM

And other than the coaching staff...there seems to be NOTHING carrying forward from the Bruins...nothing attaching it to its past.

ya nex cause the bruins jersey was just so awesome.. who cares if they have nothing from the past? let victoria be and let them enjoy their team pounding sand like a lil 5 year old wont bring your precious bruins back.

salmonkingsforever
06-25-2011, 09:57 PM

what was original about the Bruins logo? your 5 year old could have drawn the Bruins logo while still in the womb!

Ambulocetus
06-28-2011, 08:38 AM

I'm just going to mark you down as "undecided." (maybe obsolutely undecided.)