PDA

View Full Version : Off-season moves/needs

Tamal_SC
05-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Hello everyone,

Thought I would start a thread to talk about changes we will see with the Broncos this summer, or needs people think need to be addressed. I could see a lot of things happening, what do you think?

**Edit: Intent was in regards to players, not staff.**

T.

Tamal_SC
05-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Well I like many others think that Verdino, Smith, Aasman and Bruce probably will not be back. Either be trade or release I am not sure. The 20yr old situation will be interesting and I also think that we may see another one or two current d-men moved.

I think we need a solid 19yr old scorer this year, and not necessarily to get bigger up front (although a bit wouldn't be bad), but to increase overall toughness. For three years now I have watched pretty much every team come into our barn and try to push us around...I think it is time we start pushing back.

I see a lot of potential for this season, but I also think Lamb will pull a few moves before camp starts.

FIVE FOR FIGHTING
05-09-2011, 05:47 PM
I find it interesting that everyone thinks Verdino will not be back. Verdino is one of the precious few Broncos who plays with toughness and an edge.

Toswammi
05-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I find it interesting that everyone thinks Verdino will not be back. Verdino is one of the precious few Broncos who plays with toughness and an edge.

If we keep Verdino what two other defenseman do you dump?

Tamal_SC
05-10-2011, 08:00 AM
I guess with the Verdino thing it is just because of all the things I heard about him and Lamb. I am pretty sure that I had heard that Dino had asked for a trade and was told he was going to be traded. It didn't happen during the season so I figured it would happen in the summer.

That being said, Verdino's game did really pick up as the season came to a close, I just don't see him anchoring our blue line as an over-ager with the way the d-corps has been built around the 93's.