PDA

View Full Version : maybe some concern for the 05/06 season?

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-03-2005, 06:50 PM
we know who most likely is going to be the 20 yr olds for next season:Aaron Bader,Dan Waschuk and Mike Green (If he stays with the Blades and does not go elsewhere) The starting goalie and backup goalie will be choosen by the start of the season,if not at the end of training camp. Now the 19 yr old situation has to be a concern for the team because 10 players: Joe Barnes.Zdnek Bahensky,Ryan Menei,Wacey Rabbit,Tyson Seivert,Joel Eisenkirch,Evan Haw, Deder Klassen,Dalyn Flatt and Russel Monette will all turn 19 next season. I think their will obvoisly be some trades to get rid of some of these players, now the only question is who will/should be traded? If I was in Molleken's shoes I would trade Ryan Menei,Deder Klassen and maybe one of Dalyn Flatt or Evan Haw, then I would maybe jump at a trade if it was a good one, and it would also depend if any of those players get injures for a lenghty amount of time. If not then I would keep those players and wait until the offseason to narrow it down to three players for next year. What does everyone else think?

wango tango
06-03-2005, 09:31 PM
klassen has already been released. i'm guessing menei and seivert won't be with the team too long. both flatt and haw could find themselves playing elsewhere next season. eisenkirch could also be outright released if there are no takers for him.

bahensky, barnes, and rabbit are solid 19's i just wouldn't bet on all of them being blades by the end of the 05-06 season.

waschuk, bader, and green will be the 20's. if there's nhl greener won't be back sadly.

this team will probably finish 3rd potentially second, depending on who brandon loses next season.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
06-04-2005, 10:31 AM
I THINK YOU GUYS SHOULD TRADE BARNES AND RABBITTO BRANDON FOR LETS SAY FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS :laugh: AND YOU CAN HAVE OUR BACKUP GOALIE FOR A BAG OF PUCKS :laugh:

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-05-2005, 04:58 PM
. unless haw pulls a later and turns into paul coffey

I do not think that he will turn into a scoring D-man like Greener is and if he wants to become a scorer then he will have to inprove his footspeed and become an offensive D-man.

Trav
06-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Even though the Blades will likely have a young team next year, bunch of the 19's will be gone, I still think the Blades will do decent. 2nd is realistic in my opinion.

Goaltending - is questionable but they can fix that through a trade.

Forwards - Waschuk, Barnes, Bader, Rabbit, Setoguchi, Bahensky, top 6 forwards. Add McCrae, MaCauley (a top scorer in the manitoba midget aaa league this past year), Gillies, Cloud, probably two or three other rookies, forwards should be okay.

Defense - Hopefully Green is back, if he isnt, then I'm hoping they grab a decent 19 or 20 yr old through a trade. The Blades will pick a euro d-man this year so if they get an offensive one that contributes, that'll be good. Flatt, Haw could be here or could be traded, do have some decent young rookies coming in.

2nd or 3rd place is a reasonable prediction. Regina will suck, Brandon loses their top scorers, PA might be decent, Warriors should be okay.

Scout
06-05-2005, 08:02 PM
I enjoyed yours and Dozers posts on the Blade Forum. Hopefully she (Dozer) follows.

Scout