PDA

View Full Version : McNeill Drafted

chalk_one_up
05-29-2011, 01:49 AM
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.khl.ru%2Fnews%2F2011%2F5%2F28%2 F32889.html&act=url

112th overall in the KHL Draft.

patsdude114
05-31-2011, 08:30 PM
i find that very funny... considering they spelt his name completely wrong too & the fact that they selected Ryan Murphy from the OHL & Sean Couturier from the QMJHL man is russia stupid do they actually think these high end prospects are going to go play in there stupid league???

staying in the CHL is 100 times better for their development then going over to russia

Dwight Schrute
06-02-2011, 11:22 AM
i find that very funny... considering they spelt his name completely wrong too & the fact that they selected Ryan Murphy from the OHL & Sean Couturier from the QMJHL man is russia stupid do they actually think these high end prospects are going to go play in there stupid league???

staying in the CHL is 100 times better for their development then going over to russia

or is they dont want to play an unpaid season of junior where they feel they have nothing to accomplish. and they can make 250-500 grand to play a short season in russia. it would be tempting for an 18-19 year old kid

Brandon
06-02-2011, 11:38 AM
or is they dont want to play an unpaid season of junior where they feel they have nothing to accomplish. and they can make 250-500 grand to play a short season in russia. it would be tempting for an 18-19 year old kid

I don't think it is the least beat tempting. I doubt there are many agents advising their young athletes to go play in the KHL. How many stories have come back from north americans playing in Russia that make it sound appealing?
I can't think of any.

westbeach55
06-03-2011, 07:51 PM
mcneils results at nhl combine

Grip strength -- The player you'd least like to shake hands with is Morrow, who measured 177 pounds with his right hand. The strongest overall grip, however, belonged to Prince Albert Raiders forward Mark McNeill, who was second to Morrow on right-hand grip at 162 pounds, and first with his left hand, also 162.

Bench press -- Clendening, McNeill and Saint John Sea Dogs forward Tomas Jurco each did 13 reps with the 150-pound weight on the bench. Omaha Lancers forward Seth Ambroz and Northeastern defenseman Jamie Oleksiak were next with 12.

Push-ups -- Clendening led the way with 40. Grimaldi was next with 39.

Push/pull strength -- The hardest player to clear from the front of the net might be McNeill, who had 32 goals in 72 WHL games this season. His 366 pounds of push strength was far ahead of Oleksiak, who was next at 312. McNeill's pull strength of 306 pounds was second only to U.S. National Team forward Tyler Biggs, who totaled 323 pounds.

Wildeyes
06-03-2011, 10:26 PM
that is some great results today good job mark

Dwight Schrute
06-04-2011, 12:29 AM
I don't think it is the least beat tempting. I doubt there are many agents advising their young athletes to go play in the KHL. How many stories have come back from north americans playing in Russia that make it sound appealing?
I can't think of any.

didnt say it was smart but it might tempt some.