PDA

View Full Version : WHL player charged in accident

BladesFan_2010
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/player+facing+criminal+charges+over+crash+that+kil led+Regina+woman/4874974/story.html

who is this?

lordstanley
06-01-2011, 06:07 PM
It's Myles Bell from the Pats i'm sure he will get a slap on the wrist wich will make me sick

hotdog-pocket
06-02-2011, 08:30 AM
It was Bell, noob.

And it will be interesting to see what he ends up with....lucky he was 17 or else he would be facing YEARS in jail.

Brandon
06-02-2011, 10:29 AM
It was Bell, noob.

And it will be interesting to see what he ends up with....lucky he was 17 or else he would be facing YEARS in jail.

No he wouldn't. This country treats drinking and driving as a light crime. Although it is truly akin to murder, it is treated like a mistake or accident not a choice.

The maximum number of years for each of the driving related charges is 14 years in Canada. But precedent wise its rare people spend much time in jail.

Hopefully he will be tried as an adult considering he was only a couple of months off and if he felt adult enough to drink (also illegal for a 17 year old last time I checked) maybe he should face the justice system as an adult as well.

lordstanley
06-02-2011, 02:13 PM
It was Bell, noob.

He wont face no time at all danny heatly got nothing for drinking and driving killing his friend he was over 21 at the time and in the states they treat that more harsh there

Myles Bell will still get drafted and probably be playing in the dub sometime this next season unfortunally

twentyone
06-02-2011, 02:29 PM
There was no alcohol involed with Heatley's case.

hotdog-pocket
06-02-2011, 07:16 PM
There was no alcohol involed with Heatley's case.

Exactly AND Snyder's parents went out of their way to make it known they didn't want him to face charges for the accident.

And to Brandon....this isn't "drunk driving" as you mentioned...yeah...Canada is light on that...but not when you kill somebody.

SectionNDeserter
06-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Canada is light on that...but not when you kill somebody.Tell that to this couples (http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/convicted+drunk+driving+deaths+Deer+couple+sentenc ed/4684534/story.html) 5 children...

BladesFan_2010
06-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Hopefully now that Harper has a majority they can continue the tough on crime act and raise the sentence. Then again, with the prisons overflowing, it's no wonder some crimes get a lighter sentence. I do hope Myles Bell doesn't play for the Pats again. He took someones life, so his future livelyhood should be taken away too.

les nesman
06-04-2011, 12:01 AM
I am not sure of the laws but because he is a minor I believe there is a law against having the boys name posted. Because this is a public forum it may be infringing on his right to have his name protected. Just saying.

lordstanley
06-04-2011, 12:12 PM
I am not sure of the laws but because he is a minor I believe there is a law against having the boys name posted. Because this is a public forum it may be infringing on his right to have his name protected. Just saying.

Don't be a wuss his name deserves to be mentioned

BladesFan_2010
06-04-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't know if you really could keep his name out of it. Not to get political and take away from the hockey purpose of this site, but I think that a lot of the youth get away with things because their names aren't published in the media. It's always the accused lawyer saying "his rights this, his rights that" while the victims get no rights or see justice served in some cases. The fact that he still played hockey after this happened, with no mention of it by the team at all.....

It's kind of like the case with Napster when they first came out. Sure, artists want everyone to pay stupid prices for CDs, but the minute a judge shuts down Napster, or Limewire, another site pops up for people to use. The internet today is way too big and full of information on everything. No matter what laws are in place, there is always somebody who will post information that the public has a right to know. It's called freedom of speech, which last time I looked, was guaranteed to every citizen of this country. I didn't say that last part to be sarcastic either.

Brandon
06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Its not a political thing or up for debate. The moderator could be asked legally to remove the thread because of the posting of the name.