PDA

View Full Version : NHL Signings, Who will be back?

Shinyshoes
06-02-2011, 09:06 AM
As I'm sure many of you know, Froese and Weller both signed NHL contracts in the last week.

According to Greg Drinnan, "Weller, a fourth-round selection in the 2009 NHL draft, is expected to be returned to the Rebels for his 20-year-old season."

Froese is a little less of a sure thing. I think it will entirely depend on what kind of a training camp he has with Chicago/Hartford.

From the sounds of things it looks like Edmonton is leaning toward taking RNH, but also has stated they will "take their time" with whoever they draft. Hopefully that means he will be back in a Rebels uniform this season.

Anyone heard anything on the plans of Kudrna?

Shinyshoes
06-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Just read an article in the advocate (http://www.albertalocalnews.com/reddeeradvocate/sports/rebels/news/Out_with_the_old_in_with_the_new_Rebels_123019643. html)
that suggests Froese will not be back next year, Welller will be, and Kudrna is a question mark.

Wallin on Froese:

“I just talked to Bill Peters, Chicago’s AHL coach. He called me to pick my brain on Byron and I think they pretty much have him pencilled in to play there in the fall,” said Wallin. “I don’t think we’ll see him here next season.”

Kudrna depends on weather he is drafted or not:

“If he doesn’t get drafted or get a pro tryout he’ll likely just stay home (in Slovakia). If he gets drafted he’s kind of in the same boat as the other guys who signed this week, in that he may or may not be back with our team.”

So it looks like our 20 year olds are comming down to Cowan, Borejko, and Weller, with Kudrna currently unknown.

Rebel_Rebel
06-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I have my doubts frose will return too.

I'd be fine with having Weller, Cowen and Borejko be our 20 yo

I'm not a big fan of Kudrna to be honest, even with his 30 odd goals he seems to get every year. To me he just seems to disappear for stretches of the season.

Of course everything depends on 2 things for the Rebels to have a good season, who's gonna replace Keumper, and are going to get Hopkins back.