PDA

View Full Version : what kind of drugs are people on?

wango tango
06-03-2011, 01:12 PM
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/opinion/letters/Saskatoon+needs+hockey/4885912/story.html

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Blades+lease+should+halt+relocation+talk/4878771/story.html

yes saskatoon could support ahl hockey right now, because it would be a new thing, and an event to go to. when the new is gone, the crowds would be too, and would be giving the usual excuses. this city supports special events, but is pretty poor at supporting its everyday teams like the blades, huskies, hilltops, yellow jackets, etc.

BladesFan_2010
06-04-2011, 09:26 PM
People support the Hilltops, they get decent crowds to their games. As for the Huskies, I think your assumption there is incorrect. They fill the gymnasium for v'ball, b'ball, and the hockey, well when the university cup was held here, they filled SaskPlace, and it was better hockey than those stupid choker, full of excuses from the coaching staff Blades are.

wango tango
06-06-2011, 03:30 PM
the hilltops get decent crowds? this team gets nowhere near the support it should given it has won more than 10 national championships, and is the best junior football team in canada. you'll find some high school games with more people.

and i'm not assuming anything about the huskies. go to a regular season game at the pac, and too often there are more flies than fans. this, to be fair, isn't a saskatoon only issue. university sports across canada are not supported like they should be.

and the university cup, that's a special event, and not the norm. it should be given good support, it's a national championship event. saskatoon does an excellent job with special events, a poor job supporting its every day regular teams and games.

i don't think the blades choked on anything. they ran into a kootenay team playing incredible hockey, just ask medicine hat, or portland for other references. no excuses the blades didn't play like they were capable, i don't know if they would have won, even if they did, kootenay was playing that well.