PDA

View Full Version : Pulock and Seamen U18s

Joe Hallenback
06-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Congrats to both Pulock and Seamen for being invited to Canada's u18 selection camp.

Boltz9
06-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Gotta think Pulock has a great shot at making this team.

AlanC
06-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Gotta think Pulock has a great shot at making this team.

He's very good but IMO he's probably not going to make the team ahead of Reinhart, Dumba, Pouliot, and Rielly, and that's just the WHLers. The OHL and QMJHL surely have some gems at the camp too, though we know less about them out here.

The WHL just has an exceptional, exceptional group of '94 born defencemen. They could probably pick the entire blueline of this team from the WHL...but they can't and won't, which means some very deserving players from the Dub aren't going to be on the team.

scruffy1
06-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Rielly and Slater Koekkoek are probably locked in as they were over there last spring. Dumba was ROY in the dub and will be hard to bump.
I think he has to beat out Pouliot and Reinhart to get the spot. Not impossible but he probably has to change some minds with only 3 scrimmages to do it.
They may send 4 or 5 dub d-men as there probably won't be more than 3 or 4 forwards from the west. They didn't really have any standouts at U17.
Seaman could make the team if he has a strong camp. At this stage I don't see any sure things with the dub forwards.
It's got to be good for them both to play in that company.
Great accomplishment for Al and Kelly to send 2 bantam draft steals.
Congratulations to the boys. Great to get the invite, hope they can earn themselves a trip to Czech Republic.

Boltz9
06-15-2011, 11:15 PM
I know I'm a little biased but I think Pulock was robbed of that ROY award. Had comparable stats to Dumba while playing against other teams top players. Either way I hope he shows Hockey Canada how solid he is and is able to crack the lineup.

chalk_one_up
06-16-2011, 02:55 PM
So with Pulock being a 2013 draftee and the majority being a 2012, does this give Pulock an additional year to make the team if he doesn't this year?

Joe Hallenback
06-16-2011, 07:02 PM
No he will be too old next year. They are all the same age he is just a late birthday and the cut off for the draft is September

mr bo dangles
06-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Good luck Boys !! Quite a honour just to be invited .