PDA

View Full Version : possible new coach

west coast
06-18-2011, 06:22 PM
who would be your choice for new coach?

patsdude114
06-18-2011, 09:38 PM
I would love to see Heward as the Pats next Head Coach, he has been very involved with the team over the past year. Alot of times he was a 3rd coach at practices he even took part in the Summer Prospect Camp.

He has rich ties to the Pats being a hometown boy who played for the Pats as part of the Pup Line, if Heward is named Head Coach it wouldnt surprise me much at all if his Assistant Coach is Frank Kovacs.

I dont think guys like Cory Clouston will even get a sniff at this job, there are a few quality names out there but I personally dont think it will be a big name guy at all. I would love to see a recent NHL retired player take on this Head Coaching job look at the success at other players such as Dale Hunter, Patrick Roy, Jessin Wallin to name a few they have solid teams who compete on a nightly basis. I think a guy like Heward & or Sillinger (if he wants to leave his job with the Oilers for coaching) would make great fits.

Im thinking by mid week we will have heard a few names being tossed around & maybe even by thrusday there will be a new Head Coach for the Pats.

RWiggum
06-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Any rumors as to the new coach? I would imagine they will want him in place asap. Still need time to grab a couple of assistants.

RWiggum
07-05-2011, 02:54 PM
WOW have the Pats no one in mind or the best kept secret in hockey? No one out there have any good possibilities????

west coast
07-05-2011, 07:19 PM
i have been waiting on news as well.I was under the impression that Lang had someone in mind.One would think that an announcement of new coach is imminent.Players and fans have been sweating out the waiting period.The Pats need an entire coaching staff.Training camp is about six weeks away.I think Mike Sillinger is the leading candidate, which other names would be given serious consideration??

patsdude114
07-05-2011, 08:02 PM
I personally dont think Sillinger is a canidate at all for the Head Coaching job unless the team is up for sale. He has a great gig with the Oilers & unless part ownership is open i dont see him coming to junior hockey anytime soon. (this is just my opinion)

I personally feel that Heward would be the Head Coach before Sillinger would be. But also with Heward he wants to be owner of this team as well.

Come on Russ Parker this is the perfect chance to take ur big payoff for this franchise, fans dont like the Parkers much (mainly cuz of Brent) it sure would be nice if there was some leak as to who is say the "top 3" canidates for this job.

Also has MJ even hired a coach yet? I dont recall hearing anything but then again i could be under a rock too

RWiggum
07-05-2011, 08:39 PM
I would lean to the leading canidate being someone with NHL experience as the hirings are a bit behind with the NHL. Lang could have someone with a few hooks in the water for NHL or AHL. would explain the late hiring

west coast
07-05-2011, 09:11 PM
the Everett Silvertips will announce in the morning that they have hired Regina native Mark Ferner as their new head coach.Ferner was responsible for assembling a dynasty in the BCHL with the Vernon Vipers.I wonder if Ferner was in the running for the Pats job.I dont believe that the Warriors have hired a head coach either.

lordstanley
07-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Im hearing that Jeff Truitt is gonna be the new bench boss

trucker
07-05-2011, 09:31 PM
I know you guys aren't to familiar with the name Tim Kehler but that's who I'd want if I was a Pats fan. He was our assistant coach under Dean Chynoweth and when Mark Lamb came he chose not to have him and all of us fans were pissed!! The players loved and respected him and so did us fans. He had a good way with the public, something your team needs with all the negative feelings towards the GM and ownership group. After spending only one year in the BCHL and leading his team to the championship final and being awarded coach and GM of the year in that league, he called it quits just last week due to an owner that wanted his underachieving kid to play goalie and not running the team the way Tim wanted it run. Maybe He's to late to get his name in to your organization but he is definately qualified and would be my first choice!!

Buldog
07-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Since Hunt has a year remaining on his contact...i think the reason it is taking so long to hire a coach is...Parker is looking for someone that'll work for free or maybe a $10 gift certificate to the Neutral Zone.

RWiggum
07-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Time to have someone in place! They lucky person still needs to add an entire staff. What is the latest rumors out there????

dsquared
07-12-2011, 10:08 AM
per Petersen's blog today
There's a report the Regina Pats will hire Ryan Mcgill as their new head coach, perhaps as early as today.

The McGill speculation was announced on the Twitter feed @thecoachessite Monday night, the same website which repeated this blog's scoop about the Warriors hiring Mike Stothers. The 42-year old product of Sherwood Park, AB spent last season as an assistant coach with the Calgary Flames. He guided the WHL's Kootenay Ice to the 2001-02 Memorial Cup.

If the report is true, McGill brings immense credibility to the Regina Pats.

Bepoleon
07-12-2011, 12:57 PM
If true... two thumbs up.