PDA

View Full Version : blades import draft wednesday

wango tango
06-27-2011, 02:44 PM
saskatoon traded its first pick, 60th overall, to brandon.

so the blades won't pick until 120th. have to think things will be pretty picked over by then. can molleken take a chance on somebody? he's had pretty good success with euro picks, or acquiring euro players.

does the possibility of hosting the memorial cup season after next help in recruiting? does it mean molleken takes a risk with the chance of hitting a homerun (wrong sport i know), and go with a younger player who doesn't have to make a huge impact this season, but will the 2012-13 season?

Crush Kill Destroy
06-27-2011, 03:59 PM
The Saskatoon Blades Hockey Club have made a trade with the Brandon Wheat Kings to acquire centre Brayden Schenn and a 2012 3rd Round Draft Pick. In exchange the Blades have given up four draft picks: 1st Round in 2011, 2nd Round in 2011, 1st Round in 2012 and 1st Round in 2012 Import Draft.

wango tango
06-27-2011, 05:11 PM
thanks for the correction!

Trav
06-27-2011, 07:10 PM
I can see the Blades taking another young guy, a 94 born player and hope that he turns in to another Stransky at least if not more of an impact import.

There's also the chance they go with a 93 born goaltender to be the starter this year and next. though taking a goaltender from Europe is always risky in my opinion. I'd prefer a 94 born forward but after having success with Khudobin maybe there's another Russian goaltender out there that'd like to come over, or a Russian forward.