PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Royals Season's Tickets

Ambulocetus
06-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Can't wait for the tour and the choosing of seats. I've never been in the building before. They said they were going to call "early this week." I feel like a kids three days before Christmas.

Anybody else in? Are club seats worth the extra money?

the Royal Flush
06-28-2011, 10:36 PM
I was a Skings STH for many years and am very happy that I wont be pissing away my money on the ECHL any longer. Finally decent hockey in Victoria.

salmonkingsforever
06-29-2011, 10:19 AM
I was a Skings STH for many years and am very happy that I wont be pissing away my money on the ECHL any longer. Finally decent hockey in Victoria.
why would you spend money on something that is not decent?

the Royal Flush
06-29-2011, 03:59 PM
No other choices.

salmonkingsforever
06-29-2011, 09:17 PM
the Grizzlies were not an option?

the Royal Flush
06-30-2011, 08:57 PM
In my opinion...No. I am damn happy the way things are working out.

Ambulocetus
07-07-2011, 10:21 AM
why would you spend money on something that is not decent?

Hey, I spend loads of money on indecent things. That's one of the reasons I make money in the first place.

Picked my seats yesterday. Can't wait for September. Woo-hoo!

TourettesGuy
07-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Got season tickets too! Hope to see some of you at the games!

the Royal Flush
07-10-2011, 09:05 AM
I got mine. Lets sing the song and drop the puck.

fatshad
07-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Has anyone heard how season tickets are going for the Royals to this point ?
I really hope Victoria gets behind this up and coming team ! They have a bag full of good future prospects !

salmonkingsforever
07-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Has anyone heard how season tickets are going for the Royals to this point ?
I really hope Victoria gets behind this up and coming team ! They have a bag full of good future prospects !

really? How many of the current roster have been drafted into the NHL?

fatshad
07-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I am talking about there young WHL prospects that they have drafted in the last 3 years or so not NHL prospects. I am pretty sure none of the Salmon Kings are going to the NHL ! But there will be few from the Royals in the next few years.

salmonkingsforever
07-15-2011, 09:20 AM
I am talking about there young WHL prospects that they have drafted in the last 3 years or so not NHL prospects. I am pretty sure none of the Salmon Kings are going to the NHL ! But there will be few from the Royals in the next few years.

there might be a few, but so far all of the drafted players from the Chiliwack team that we now have, have been at best 4th line players, barely able to crack an NHL roster.

time will tell, but at this years draft, not one Royals/Bruins player was drafted.

fatshad
07-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Ryan Howse ( Flames ) , Roman Horak ( Flames ) , Brandon Manning ( Flyers )
and Kevin Sundher ( Sabres ) who all played in Chilliwack last year will be in the NHL in the next 2 - 3 years ! ECHL hasnt been the same since the Hanson Brothers left ! LoL !

salmonkingsforever
07-15-2011, 09:20 PM
i wont debate the fact that the WHL will send more players to the NHL than the ECHL will. I will say this though.. more WHL players end up in the ECHL than do in the NHL.

fatshad
07-15-2011, 11:12 PM
i will agree with you there ! The difference is in Major Junior you are watching the very best 16 to 20 year old players at a highly competitive level. In the ECHL you are watching the weakest 20 to 35 year old players at that age groups highly competitive level or pro hockey. I am completely thrilled WHL is back in Victoria. This where you get a look at future stars like Jordan Eberle , Ryan Nugent Hopkins , Ryan Johannson , Brayden Schenn etc , etc, etc.

salmonkingsforever
07-17-2011, 03:36 PM
i will agree with you there ! The difference is in Major Junior you are watching the very best 16 to 20 year old players at a highly competitive level. In the ECHL you are watching the weakest 20 to 35 year old players at that age groups highly competitive level or pro hockey. I am completely thrilled WHL is back in Victoria. This where you get a look at future stars like Jordan Eberle , Ryan Nugent Hopkins , Ryan Johannson , Brayden Schenn etc , etc, etc.

most of those "weakest 20-35 year olds" in the ECHL have come from the WHL and the rest of the CHL..
so on one hand, we will get to see rising stars like the ones you mentioned, we will also see a lot of future ECHL players

the Royal Flush
07-17-2011, 06:09 PM
hey salmonkingsforever...the team sucked,so did the league...they folded because no one went...end of story...change your handle and get with the times...this is real hockey...not some washed up mens beer league without the beer...

50sWHLer
07-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey, Royal Flush, with all respect, skf is a very knowledgeable hockey Fan, and has probably Backed Up more miles than you've driven ahead.

That being said, and as a LONG time hockey Fan, with connection to the game as early as 1955, I've got to say this --- The Team did not Suck ! -- nor does the league, and the Team did not fold because NO ONE went to the games, as you note.

The ECHL is Pro hockey ! --- Faster ! Quicker ! Harder Shots ! Harder Body checks ! -- & Controlled emotion !!! ------ Junior hockey, as good as it can be, cannot compare, nor is it meant to compare to the higher quality professional game.

The only reason that the Salmon Kings were shelved ( notice that RG still owns the Team ), is that RG chose NOT to market and promote the Team. ---- They never did want a Payroll or associated costs !! They were forced to go the Pro route because their contract with the City required a 'Main Tenant' , and the dormant ECHL franchise was their only out.

If Mr. Lee, Mr. Dakers, and their RG associates would have promoted the Team, both on and off the ice, as a 'Community Team', with proper Tier seat pricing, more affordable Corporate promotion, and with more concern to the Paying Fan, the Salmon Kings could have easily drawn in 6000 plus every game.

I do hope that RG has learned their lesson in Team management/ownership in a Municipal format, and that they operate the Team as is necessary to become successful.

I do know that they will meet with success in years 1 & 2, but I hesitate to say, that UNLESS they (RG) operate the Team totally differently, that years three on with meet with slumping attendance and decreased interest.

Its just too bad that RG has chosen to operate the Team themselves. A local business Group of knowledgeable Hockey people is really is what is required to carry the interest and success onto the level that YOU would like to say.

And talk about skf changing his 'handle' at you quote, you're really not one to talk !!-- It really seems to me that YOU are a real 'Royal FLUSH' --- Swoosh !!-- Down the Drain you go !!

coach
07-18-2011, 06:50 PM
hey salmonkingsforever...the team sucked,so did the league...they folded because no one went...end of story...change your handle and get with the times...this is real hockey...not some washed up mens beer league without the beer...

Well said

50sWHLer
07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Hey Coach - nice to hear from you ! Miss you on OUR Forum --- Got your WHL season tickets yet??? ---- NOT ME !! I'm signing up for the Victoria Symphony this winter --- -- now if RG wasn't running things and screwing the public , with another 35 years to do it ---- I would probably support the new Team, but --- Screw me once - I'm cautious !! Screw me twice - & I'm outta there!!!

Got to wonder too, about a league that pulls a successful Team out of a City after 5 years of faithful community support. WHL's motto of " Keeping a Team in a supportive community" is kinda 'Blown out of the water,eh?"

I wonder how long RG will keep the Team here after the initial Buzz wears off, or if something CHEAPER to operate comes along???? You gotta know that they don't give a ' Fiddler's F@&%' about the Fans or the City.

Enjoy your Summer Coach !!!

the Royal Flush
07-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey, Royal Flush, with all respect, skf is a very knowledgeable hockey Fan, and has probably Backed Up more miles than you've driven ahead.

That being said, and as a LONG time hockey Fan, with connection to the game as early as 1955, I've got to say this --- The Team did not Suck ! -- nor does the league, and the Team did not fold because NO ONE went to the games, as you note.

The ECHL is Pro hockey ! --- Faster ! Quicker ! Harder Shots ! Harder Body checks ! -- & Controlled emotion !!! ------ Junior hockey, as good as it can be, cannot compare, nor is it meant to compare to the higher quality professional game.

The only reason that the Salmon Kings were shelved ( notice that RG still owns the Team ), is that RG chose NOT to market and promote the Team. ---- They never did want a Payroll or associated costs !! They were forced to go the Pro route because their contract with the City required a 'Main Tenant' , and the dormant ECHL franchise was their only out.

If Mr. Lee, Mr. Dakers, and their RG associates would have promoted the Team, both on and off the ice, as a 'Community Team', with proper Tier seat pricing, more affordable Corporate promotion, and with more concern to the Paying Fan, the Salmon Kings could have easily drawn in 6000 plus every game.

I do hope that RG has learned their lesson in Team management/ownership in a Municipal format, and that they operate the Team as is necessary to become successful.

I do know that they will meet with success in years 1 & 2, but I hesitate to say, that UNLESS they (RG) operate the Team totally differently, that years three on with meet with slumping attendance and decreased interest.

Its just too bad that RG has chosen to operate the Team themselves. A local business Group of knowledgeable Hockey people is really is what is required to carry the interest and success onto the level that YOU would like to say.

And talk about skf changing his 'handle' at you quote, you're really not one to talk !!-- It really seems to me that YOU are a real 'Royal FLUSH' --- Swoosh !!-- Down the Drain you go !!

wonk wonk wonk...if it was such a great league and a great team why did it fail.Because it sucked! Jesus man did you actually watch the crap that was on the ice by all teams in the league. I was a season ticket holder since the beginning and could only hope and pray we landed a WHL team so we could watch some talent.

Guess why a group of businessmen didnt buy the team? Because they would lose money,just like RG was losing money. They are gone,the Dub is here so deal with it.

50sWHLer
07-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Well ! Guess What ! I Have dealt with it !!

I am NOT purchasing season tickets !

I am NOT participating as a Game Nite Sponsor !

I am NOT purchasing Team wear !

I am NOT promoting RG along with all my business associates !

I am NOT supporting RG by purchasing any Food onsite, either at the Restaurant or Concourse outlets !

AND, I'M NOT ALONE !!! -----

the Royal Flush
07-19-2011, 10:07 AM
i think we just witnessed a 50 something having a temper tantrum...

Arthur Fonzerelli
07-19-2011, 12:52 PM
This forum is usually very respectful and most of the time educational. The WHL introduces a team from Victoria and we get the immature arguing and name calling that is prevalent in the BCHL forum. Must be something in the water (or the sewage dumped in the ocean at Clover Point).

fatshad
07-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Well ! Guess What ! I Have dealt with it !!

I am NOT purchasing season tickets !

I am NOT participating as a Game Nite Sponsor !

I am NOT purchasing Team wear !

I am NOT promoting RG along with all my business associates !

I am NOT supporting RG by purchasing any Food onsite, either at the Restaurant or Concourse outlets !

AND, I'M NOT ALONE !!! -----

Sounds like the city of Saskatoon !! Oh well , 75 % of the business people in Saskatoon dont support the Blades and they do quite well !! The two Cities are very comparable in size as well. Go Royals Go !!

coach
07-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Hey Coach - nice to hear from you ! Miss you on OUR Forum --- Got your WHL season tickets yet??? ---- NOT ME !! I'm signing up for the Victoria Symphony this winter --- -- now if RG wasn't running things and screwing the public , with another 35 years to do it ---- I would probably support the new Team, but --- Screw me once - I'm cautious !! Screw me twice - & I'm outta there!!!

Got to wonder too, about a league that pulls a successful Team out of a City after 5 years of faithful community support. WHL's motto of " Keeping a Team in a supportive community" is kinda 'Blown out of the water,eh?"

I wonder how long RG will keep the Team here after the initial Buzz wears off, or if something CHEAPER to operate comes along???? You gotta know that they don't give a ' Fiddler's F@&%' about the Fans or the City.

Enjoy your Summer Coach !!!

I am there to watch "actual" hockey not beer league so called professional hockey without rivilaries.

Echl fans have alot of explaining to do & crow to eat calling that "Professional". Victoria should be delighted to see the WHL after the huge mistake many years ago letting them go. It comes down to ownership, hopefully they can do it right this time. My expectations are less with juniors due to the fact they are not paid "professionals". But they all try harder then any echl player, as they have not failed yet and settle for the beer league.

50sWHLer
07-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Coach, it's as you say --" It all comes down to ownership" ---- And do you think that RG is going to operate THEIR ( Not the City's) new WHL franchise that much differently???

But, I did see some end zone 'Tier Pricing' -- hey so maybe, just maybe, we'll a new outlook on Team marketing and promotion in the community??? There will need to be if they expect to be successful with the fickle Victoria Fans

I'm surprised at your 'turncoat' comments though about ECHL players not 'not trying hard', and that it's a 'Beer League' ------ I saw a lot of very entertaining hockey over the last 6 years --- You must have been watching a different game than me, and I attended EVERY game.

And, by the way, 'Victoria' did not let the Cougars go, as you state !! -- Get your Facts straight, The WHL and Brodsky took them away !!!

I'm appalled at your lack of hockey knowledge!! --- Not the Coach I once knew !!

the Royal Flush
07-19-2011, 09:32 PM
50guy...this is a WHL site for WHL fans...there is an ECHL site over at www.victoriasportsauthority.com please go over there if you have any ECHL comments or complaints...we now have a different league...different fans...real hockey...now f#^% o%* and let us WHL fans discuss OUR NEW TEAM!!! Go away!!!

GO ROYALS GO!!!

50sWHLer
07-20-2011, 05:49 PM
---' Flush ' !! -- 'Swoosh' !! :haha:

fatshad
07-20-2011, 07:57 PM
---' Flush ' !! -- 'Swoosh' !! :haha:

Obviously you are a plumber !! Just like the Salmon kings !!
Give the Royals a try , I think you might even enjoy it !!

salmonkingsforever
07-28-2011, 05:16 PM

really, time will tell..

last i checked the Salmon Kings had on average over 3000+ fans per game. You cannot say that no-one went.

What was the average attendance the last few years of the WHL Victoria Cougars? Dont think it comes remotely close to that.

salmonkingsforever
07-28-2011, 05:20 PM
wonk wonk wonk...if it was such a great league and a great team why did it fail.Because it sucked! Jesus man did you actually watch the crap that was on the ice by all teams in the league. I was a season ticket holder since the beginning and could only hope and pray we landed a WHL team so we could watch some talent.

Guess why a group of businessmen didnt buy the team? Because they would lose money,just like RG was losing money. They are gone,the Dub is here so deal with it.

the team did not fail. The WHL snubbed RG properties years back and told them they wouldnt get a WHL team. So RG went and got an ECHL franchise in order to secure building an arena. No hockey team would have meant no arena. RG had to do something. The moment that RG could get a WHL francise, when the Commissioner finally saw fit, they got the WHL team. Thus they had to get rid of teh ECHL team.

the Royal Flush
07-28-2011, 08:17 PM
So what. What is done is done,and its not your worry if the team suceeds or fails or whatever. Get over it the Skings are gone.

GO ROYALS GO!!!

50sWHLer
07-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Hey, Fatshad -- enough with the personal attacks !! This is a forum to discuss opinions, and we may differ as to what we want and believe, but there is no need for 'name calling'.

Referring to our 7 year tenure " Salmon Kings' as 'Plumbers' is simply BUSH, and it deserves to be considered as the garbage that it is !! Something a 'Red Neck' would say, & don't think you fall in that catagory.

And Royal Flush, if you attended as many games, and knew as much as skf does about Hockey in Victoria, I might even listen and respect your remarks.

All I want you to do is, wait 7 years, and see if the attendance and interest in the Royals, is even near to that of the SKs. ---- Yes, Yes, I know-- They'll sell out the opener :rolleyes: but do you REALLY think that you're going to see the crowds, over the long haul that attended the SK games ?? -- UNLESS RG has learned a lesson, operates the club as a Community Hockey Club, or sells the Team to a Group of local businessmen, with KNOWLEDGE of how to Run a successful Sports Franchise.

So could we please have respect for each other's comments, and allow opinions that may vary from others on this forum.

Thank you !!

salmonkingsforever
07-29-2011, 04:16 PM
So what. What is done is done,and its not your worry if the team suceeds or fails or whatever. Get over it the Skings are gone.

GO ROYALS GO!!!
actually it is my worry whether the team succeeds or fails. I remember how poor the hockey choice was here in Victoria between 1994 and 2004! I dont want to see that happen again.

fatshad
07-29-2011, 07:27 PM
:clap:Success at the WHL level is measured by winning hockey games and it surely helps the players to be successful when there are large supportive crowds for home games. I really hope the good citizens of Victoria get behind ther new Major Junior team the Royals because it does make a big difference to these young players when crowds are large and into it !!!

fatshad
07-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey, Fatshad -- enough with the personal attacks !! This is a forum to discuss opinions, and we may differ as to what we want and believe, but there is no need for 'name calling'.

Referring to our 7 year tenure " Salmon Kings' as 'Plumbers' is simply BUSH, and it deserves to be considered as the garbage that it is !! Something a 'Red Neck' would say, & don't think you fall in that catagory.

And Royal Flush, if you attended as many games, and knew as much as skf does about Hockey in Victoria, I might even listen and respect your remarks.

All I want you to do is, wait 7 years, and see if the attendance and interest in the Royals, is even near to that of the SKs. ---- Yes, Yes, I know-- They'll sell out the opener :rolleyes: but do you REALLY think that you're going to see the crowds, over the long haul that attended the SK games ?? -- UNLESS RG has learned a lesson, operates the club as a Community Hockey Club, or sells the Team to a Group of local businessmen, with KNOWLEDGE of how to Run a successful Sports Franchise.

So could we please have respect for each other's comments, and allow opinions that may vary from others on this forum.

Thank you !!

The comments were in response to your flush ! Swoosh post . I really dont have anything against yourself or the Salmon Kings and am sorry that you took it the wrong way !

50sWHLer
07-30-2011, 01:54 PM
All OK, let's move on ! fatshad, I do agree, BIG crowds sure to make a difference ! And that's where RG proved to be weak during the past few years.

Any Hockey player, whether in Junior, or professional, at all levels thrive on crowd support. They are in the business of entertainment, and they WANT to entertain.

But, if your Team ownership does not market and promote, off ice, it doesn't matter at what level, the Team will lose Fans, and attendance will dwindle. There is just too much competition for that 'entertainment dollar', and if the Fans do not get the complete experience, they will tend to find other media where they will.

So, the success of the Royals is directly in the hands of RG. Let's hope that they don't not replicate the substandard marketing effort that we saw with the SKs.

But, I still have to wonder, with 'THREE' Junior Teams here in Victoria, who will survive in the long hall.

I notice that the Grizzlies have a tremendous amount of weekend games, in relation to the Royals ---- Your input???

fatshad
07-30-2011, 03:32 PM
You are right that marketing is huge in a competitive sports market. I followed how this whole Chilliwack to Victoria move shook down and it was very much orchestrated by Ron Robison and the WHL board of governors. They wanted to get a franchise back on the island in the worst way and I believe there will be one in Nanaimo in the future as well. So I am hoping that they will be watching the Royals very closely to make sure RG is doing this right. The last thing the leaugue wants is to be standing with egg all over its face after steering this move. Yes it is nice to get as many fri , sat , sun games as you can for kids and family outings. However weeknight games are usually fine if you start at 630 or 700 and not 800 on those nights.

The Victoria Royals will be very high profile as far as the league is concerned this first year of operation. I for one do hope they stick there nose in if foolish decisions are being made by RG Properties !:yup:

rednex50
08-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey, I am "red" and take offense to anyone knocking "rednecks". To be "red" means you are blue collar, simple minded, and do anything to help your buddies pals or family. It also means we love to drink and party ;)

We are not dumb...we are simple. Obviously I loved my Bruins to the death...I still carry decals on my car, and cherrish my memorabilia. The be "red" you don't flip flop on people, you don't go around trying to screw others over, and most of all...we work on a common agenda, not to see how much o an ass you can be.

Robison, Porter and Burke are not "red", and I could never trust those f*ckers ever again.

50sWHLer
08-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Dictionary Definition of A Redneck: a white person who is not very well-educated, likes to shoot guns, drive big trucks, and takes pride in being a little stupid or backward. Most live in the southern part of the U.S. but they can be found almost everywhere--except in the cities. (Be careful: Some white people consider this an offensive word; others consider it a badge of honor.)

err -- rednex50, this doesn't really sound like you. You're just a typical Canadian, passionate about our National Game, and you're a person who KNOWS when you're being screwed. You're hardy 'Simple', as you note. Understand though, that you might live a simpler, back to the basics life style, as compared to many City Slickers, BUT a Good, Honest Person. Yes, you don't Flop on people, and treat others as you would like to be treated ! That's Canadian 'Red' for sure, BUT not Redneck as know world wide.

Yes, Robison, Porter, and Burke are, as you say, 'not' Red, for sure, and you want to bet your last dollar that RG Properties, who are now in Kahoots with these Boys isn't either. In fact, they've already had 7 years here in Victoria to Tune their skills, screwing the public, and it looks like , with the City given them an agreement extension, they'll have 35 more years to do it.

I understand how you, and the Fans of the Chilliack Bruins feel after supporting your community Team for 5 years. I wonder how long RG will last here when the Real Hockey Fans of Victoria realize that it's just 'The Bottom line', with absolutely no consideration for the Fans who pay the Bills?