PDA

View Full Version : Blades take Russina goaltender...

Trav
06-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Andrei Makarov...played last year with Lewiston of the QMJHL. Didn't have a good start but came on at the end of the year apparently.

I like that he's 18 so hopefully he'll be the starter for the next two years.

Should add the Blades moved up to pick 30th (from Prince George surprise surprise) Curious to see who they gave up to get the higher pick. I'd imagine since they traded up to get him, Morrison likely traded or gone to wherever. Doubt Makarov would be the backup here, not since the team is high on Adam Todd.

Ooops title should say "Russian" lol

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-29-2011, 12:45 PM
Here is an article on our(err the Blades) newest goaltender.

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot.com/2011/02/andrei-makarov-guy-you-should-know.html

lordstanley
06-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Looks like we gave PG our 60th euro pick in this draft and next years 3rd round bantam pick

lordstanley
06-30-2011, 10:59 AM
I would trade adam morrison

Ideal team would be moose jaw they need a goalie in the worst way and have a alot of depth on defense returning pretty much everyone

so maybe we give them morrison for 20 year old dman colin bowman

Trav
06-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Seeing how the Blades gave up a 3rd round pick for an import, Molleken obviously wanted a starter, I don't think Makarov comes here and sits on the bench.

Dunno if the Blades really need a 20 yr old d-man, though I'd have no problem seeing Bowman on the team but with Thrower, Dietz, Siemens and Cox being the top four and deserving top four minutes, a 20 yr old d-man doesn't really fit in in my opinion. I think they need three 20 yr old forwards. Three guys that can put the puck in the net. There's going to be a few rookie forwards on the team this year so there's going to have to be leaders on the team up front to help lead them.

lordstanley
07-01-2011, 07:57 AM
I just hate when a team has 3 20 year olds in 1 position i like to spread it out a bit our forwards will be younger but also very talented i think if you have a great top 6 defense like we did last year they will move the puck up quicker to those talented forwards and it wont matter as much i say get bowman and pair him up with stipancik