PDA

View Full Version : CHL Import Draft

chalk_one_up
06-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Brandon selects, with the 33rd pick, Alessio Bertaggia (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=34307)

This was the player that impressed a lot of people at the Winterhawks' camp. Unfortunately, Portland was dinged for having an ineligible player skate with them.

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/dubhub/archive/2010/09/11/winterhawks-pocketbook-dinged-for-having-import-on-ice.aspx

Trav
06-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Interesting to know though that he's signed with his Swiss team through the 12/13 season.

Boltz9
06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Interesting to know though that he's signed with his Swiss team through the 12/13 season.

Do you think that ruins his chances of showing up for camp? (Not being sarcastic, just wondering what people think).

He would be a welcome addition as we really need some talented forwards.

Gotta think Kelly will draft another forward with his next import pick as well.

Boltz9
06-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Another thought as I watch the draft unfold. I notice that there are alot of teams picking players that were drafted by an NHL team in the same area. Ex. Vancouver Giants drafting a Canucks draft pick, Oil Kings drafting an Oilers draft pick.

You gotta think that having the Jets back could open up a chance for the Wheat Kings to draft some of their euro picks. (Too bad the Jets didn't draft any Euro's this year).

chalk_one_up
06-29-2011, 04:13 PM
With the 62nd pick in the CHL Import Draft, Brandon selects Bruno Mraz (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=58004)

Vik
06-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Another thought as I watch the draft unfold. I notice that there are alot of teams picking players that were drafted by an NHL team in the same area. Ex. Vancouver Giants drafting a Canucks draft pick, Oil Kings drafting an Oilers draft pick.

You gotta think that having the Jets back could open up a chance for the Wheat Kings to draft some of their euro picks. (Too bad the Jets didn't draft any Euro's this year).

The Oilers own the Oil Kings so they may have some inside info on their Euros. ;) Their imports next season should be Pelss and Gernat (two Oilers prospects). As for Winnipeg, while they may want some of their Euros over, they have no affiliation with the Wheat Kings and given that most amateur scouts don't spend much time in Manitoba, I don't think it'd help them all that much to have them in Brandon.

Boltz9
06-29-2011, 04:23 PM
The Oilers own the Oil Kings so they may have some inside info on their Euros. ;) Their imports next season should be Pelss and Gernat (two Oilers prospects). As for Winnipeg, while they may want some of their Euros over, they have no affiliation with the Wheat Kings and given that most amateur scouts don't spend much time in Manitoba, I don't think it'd help them all that much to have them in Brandon.

Good point. Just with all the ex Wheaties working for the Jets, you'd think they could have a good relationship.

Boltz9
06-29-2011, 04:24 PM
With the 62nd pick in the CHL Import Draft, Brandon selects Bruno Mraz (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=58004)

Can't think of many better names then Bruno Mraz.

And another much need forward, hopefully Kelly can convince them to come over.

Joe Hallenback
06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
Mraz was very good at the u18s this year. I was surprised he wasn't selected in this years draft. He has alot of high end scoring potential so if he does come over he will be expected to score. The nice thing is he is a center and would fit in hopefully in the 2nd line center spot.

Bertaggia is a real wild card. If he does come over he will be dynamite I think. Small guy really fast great skill. Didn't get drafted either this year and I wondering if he is coming over to show he can play in a real physical league. Apparently he is under contract but I would imagine he has a deal to come over for a year and try to get drafted.

If we get both these guys we could be very deadly next season

chalk_one_up
06-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Mraz was very good at the u18s this year. I was surprised he wasn't selected in this years draft. He has alot of high end scoring potential so if he does come over he will be expected to score. The nice thing is he is a center and would fit in hopefully in the 2nd line center spot.

Bertaggia is a real wild card. If he does come over he will be dynamite I think. Small guy really fast great skill. Didn't get drafted either this year and I wondering if he is coming over to show he can play in a real physical league. Apparently he is under contract but I would imagine he has a deal to come over for a year and try to get drafted.

If we get both these guys we could be very deadly next season

Alessio is only 17.

Johnny Table
06-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Alessio is only 17.

Yes right now.As a 93 he will be a 18 yr old next year.