PDA

View Full Version : Royals trade for Rintoul

fatshad
07-13-2011, 12:24 PM
The Royals have traded forward Dylan Mckinlay to the Kootenay Ice for 20 year old defenseman Hayden Rintoul and a 2nd round pick. Although Dylan will be missed I feel that a good , solid defenseman with Championship experience is huge for the Royals who are losing Brandon Mannining and Jeff Einhorn to age this year. Also picking up Goaltender Hamilton from Portland is a good move. Nice work Mr Habscheid !! Thoughts !:

rednex50
08-01-2011, 01:04 PM
its pretty obvious that there aren't any Royals fans blogging and keeping track of every day events with the club. Which is a same, and again yet another slap in the face of each and every Bruins fan that would have commented, wished McKinlay all the best, and even strutinized the deal. 18 days since the trade, and not one comment. Wow!!! I think the Royals are in trouble before they even begin.

:o:o

salmonkingsforever
08-01-2011, 03:20 PM
its pretty obvious that there aren't any Royals fans blogging and keeping track of every day events with the club. Which is a same, and again yet another slap in the face of each and every Bruins fan that would have commented, wished McKinlay all the best, and even strutinized the deal. 18 days since the trade, and not one comment. Wow!!! I think the Royals are in trouble before they even begin.

wow... we havent even MET any of our players yet. Not even in the media. Since most of probably did not follow the Bruins, we dont know who we have on our roster, who has been drafted, nothing. All we have had so far are these snipits that the team releases. Yuo would think that the team would want to put its players out in the community, on tv etc etc. Especially since word is out that they are in town working out and skating. Its the teams responsibilty to let their fans know about their team and its players.

in fact, where are the Bruins fans to wish a former player best of luck????? McKinlay never doned a Victoria Royals jersey, and never played for Victoria. So in essence when he was traded, he was traded as a Bruin.
Kinda like "Big Country" Reeves who played for the Vancouver Grizzlies and moved with the team to Memphis. Since he never was able to play a regular season game in Memphis, Big Country retired as a Vancouver Grizzly.

rednex50
08-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I for one hope Sundher goes Pro, and Stahl gets dealt...so they will thought of as a Bruin.

So, you want to know what you are getting...

G - Hamilton (starter) Gamble (OA) likely released, with prospects Rathjen and Vollrath fighting for that back up roll

D - newly aquired Rintoul, Habby jr (solid 5th or 6th tough D-man, not a puck mover), Hrynyk (tough, puck mover), Zgraggen (young, big, decent skating for a big man), Stahl (big hitter, fights, needs to take that next step to leader), Topping (smooth skater, Neidermeir like), Pauls (gutsy, little guy who earned alot of respect for the fight he showed in trying to get back last season after that very serious broken leg. Add in notable prospects in Cote, Kanzig and Pilton could make alot of noise in camp.

F - Sundher (gritty, talented speedster), Hodges (young, but talented, needs to fill out a little), Forsyth (complete player, willing to do wantever needed or asked of him), Crooks (small but talented winger), Persley (another complete player), Gogol (likely the most valuable player to the team. Great leader, takes faceoffs, fights, plays defense, plays hard and stands up for his teammates. Likely team captain), Magee (small but very quick and shifty. Expect big things from him.) Cratsenburg (gritty 3rd liner), Wentworth (injury prone but tough as nuts with a strong work ethic), Soudek (great vision, but wasn't the same after getting checked from behind mid-season...bad hit), Traber (one word...warrior. tough, physical, future captaincy candidate, but having to get over a nastey elbow to the head which also caused a broken ankle as he fell. notable prospects...Harrison, Zane Jones, reichert (if they can talk him out of going NCAA) and Drew Shore (if he choose to leave NCAA to go WHL to speed up process into the NHL

Thats who to look for, and what they bring

salmonkingsforever
08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Thank you for your insight into the current roster. I appreciate it!

SectionNDeserter
08-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Gogol (likely the most valuable player to the team. Great leader, takes faceoffs, fights, plays defense, plays hard and stands up for his teammates. Likely team captain)What a difference it made for him going to Chilliwack last season.

Prior to that, he was dealt from Kelowna due to supposed off-ice issues (and suspension after suspension) to Saskatoon, where he took stupid penalty after stupid penalty and hurt his team. After a very public exchange between him and Molleken, he heads out west again to Chilliwack, where he actually became an effective player.

He isn't skilled enough to ever put up a lot of points, but he brings pretty much every other aspect of the game to the rink, and as rednex50 said, he can play defense and forward equally as well (which is always a huge bonus).

patsdude114
08-01-2011, 06:37 PM

I think ur whole entire post is worthless, id say 95% of all teams in the WHL dont do a whole heck of alot with there players in the community during the off-season (if u were any type of a WHL fan u would know this) also do u think that just maybe the new Royals fans dont know anything about this site yet?

I know ur bitter about losing ur team i get that, but to say they are already in trouble is a pointless comment. The people of Victoria supported their team before they got the Bruins. I am very sure the Royals will have great fan support as its not an expansion team, they inherited the full roster of the Bruins who will be a solid team this year.

wry n ginger
08-01-2011, 10:41 PM
I took my son to between 8 and 10 Salmon Kings games this year and he is a huge fan of hockey. We are looking forward to seeing the new team this fall! He was always at the glass during the pregame skate watching the players and was often the only guy in the stands with a hand written sign! :)

Can anyone give me an idea of what the line combinations might look like?

fatshad
08-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Line up could look something like this :

Crooks 19 Sundher 19 McGee 17
Soudek 20 Kralik 18 Gogol 20
Forsythe 19 Hodges 17 Traber 18
Persley 18 Cratsenberg 19 Jones 18
Wentworth 19

Rintoul 20 Pauls 19
Stahl 19 Topping 18
Habscheid 19 Hrynyk 19
Zaggragen 18 Kanzig 16

Hamilton 20
Gamble ?

Offense will have to be provided by Sundher , Crooks , Soudek , Kralik and McGee up front with the supporting cast being physical , defensively responsible guys that will contribute timely offense. On the back end expect offense from Rintoul , Topping and Pauls with the rest of the looking after there own end first. There is plenty of toughness on both forward and defense and look for Hamilton to make the most of his chance to be a starter.

SectionNDeserter
08-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Hamilton 20
Gamble ?Hamilton is 19, Gamble is 20.

fatshad
08-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Hamilton is 19, Gamble is 20.

Sorry , I new that , but I just screwed it up. The question mark behind Gamble is because in my oppinion he is the fourth 20 year old and will be moved. Will probably be a younger goalie battle at camp for the back up spot.

wry n ginger
08-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks, that helps a lot! Based on the build of the team and their style of play, what NHL team do you think they resemble?

Line up could look something like this :

Crooks 19 Sundher 19 McGee 17
Soudek 20 Kralik 18 Gogol 20
Forsythe 19 Hodges 17 Traber 18
Persley 18 Cratsenberg 19 Jones 18
Wentworth 19

Rintoul 20 Pauls 19
Stahl 19 Topping 18
Habscheid 19 Hrynyk 19
Zaggragen 18 Kanzig 16

Hamilton 20
Gamble ?

Offense will have to be provided by Sundher , Crooks , Soudek , Kralik and McGee up front with the supporting cast being physical , defensively responsible guys that will contribute timely offense. On the back end expect offense from Rintoul , Topping and Pauls with the rest of the looking after there own end first. There is plenty of toughness on both forward and defense and look for Hamilton to make the most of his chance to be a starter.

fatshad
08-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks, that helps a lot! Based on the build of the team and their style of play, what NHL team do you think they resemble?

I would say they resemble the Montreal Canadiens because there skill Guys - ( Sundher , Crooks , Soudek , Mcgee , Hodges , Pauls and Topping ) are not real big ! The supporting cast are pretty good size , strong defensively and rugged. They will not be intimidated by any teams in the league in my oppinion. Hamilton will provide steady goaltending and Rintoul brings experience and leadership !:mad:

rednex50
08-06-2011, 10:55 PM
They are build on "Bruins" mentality. Magee for being small can handle himself very well in a scrap. Even Soudek can scrap.

Hard working, team toughness, with some high skill and huge heart.

fatshad
08-07-2011, 10:36 AM
They are build on "Bruins" mentality. Magee for being small can handle himself very well in a scrap. Even Soudek can scrap.

Hard working, team toughness, with some high skill and huge heart.

Yes , i would agree with your assessment as well Rednex !!!