PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nolan????

patsdude114
07-24-2011, 02:47 PM
A friend of mine who works at Evras Place said he was walking down the main concorse by the Pats office & said Ted Nolan was coming out of the Pats office & was shaking Lang's hand.

Could there be a possible deal in place to bring Ted Nolan to Regina????

also this morning Rod Pederson is reporting that Nolan was seen at the Regina Airport on saturday..... maybe my friend wasnt high when he seen this cuz after he told me i pretty much said BS....

Maybe Nolan is the reason the Pats have been putting off hiring a Head Coach for so long, maybe he is there 1st choice & if they cant get him they have another guy who would be there 2nd/3rd choices.

What would Nolan mean to the Pats if infact he is hired???
a proven track record of success in Major Junior hockey with a combined record of 226-144-27(ties)-3(OTL) plus a Memorial Cup Championship in 05/06 his last season coached in Junior Hockey along with an NHL Coach of the Year Award. He even had 2 pretty successful seasons as Head Coach of the NYI (that is VERY hard to do with that franchise) was 7 games above .500 in 2 yrs.

I really wish i could find out who else is on the list of possible Head Coaches, altho i do like the way Lang has been doing it. When Parker was looking for Head Coaches he always made it public who was his top 3 to 5 guys Lang does things much more private which is the way to it. But it does suck as i love this kind of info.

RWAH
07-25-2011, 10:59 AM
WOW That would be terrific. A coach that at every team he coached took an average or below average talented team and had them excel. A proven Jr coach that is a teacher and a motivator. He would be my #1 choice and I think he has been scrubbed from a NHL job so he could be here long enough to get the franchise back into the top levels competitively

booboo
07-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Scotty Bowman would not help the Patties. You can't make chichen soup out of chicken feathers.:D

patsdude114
07-25-2011, 06:50 PM
apparently it was just all talk & nothing more, as the Pats have set a press conference for tomorrow to name there Head Coach i cant remember the guys name who is reported as the front runner but he was an assistant coach in Chilliwack last season & i thought i heard right that he has NHL experience as well.

Nolan was prob a very big price tag & we all know how cheap the Parker's can be as it would cut into their profits. As me & my boss were joking around today if the Pats did hire Nolan there would be a whole new market place to work with all the aboringials in Regina (it was a joke dont take it so seriously)

Tomorrow we have our man & all this Head Coach talk can be put to rest

west coast
07-25-2011, 06:51 PM
Ted Nolan would be an awesome choice for a coach.He obviously understands the game very well .He would bring back a winning attitude and expect results! I really am sick of the performance and results of the past few seasons.No expectations have been placed on the team for a few seasons.I would expect that Nolan would put a well conditioned squad on the ice that is disclipined and plays a tough brand of hockey.Nolan would establish a modern systems approach.I believe that he could turn the franchise around .I think that Nolan would work well with Lang, and they could work together to find the players that Nolan wants.Nolan is the kind of coach that players would play for.It would be a 100 per cent improvement over the previous few coaches.:)

patsdude114
07-25-2011, 06:51 PM
The name i was looking for is Pat Conacher he is our new Head Coach & will be announced tomorrow