PDA

View Full Version : question for lorne molleken

wango tango
08-02-2011, 09:20 PM
if you could ask blades gm and head coach lorne molleken one question, what is it?

i would ask what was learned by everyone with the team (coaches, management, players, scouts, everyone) after the early playoff exit last season that can be used to make the team better for this year?

some very important years are coming up. 2013 as a potential memorial cup host, and the season after will be the blades 50th anniversary. then the lease is done. the future of this team in saskatoon hangs in the balance.

Wheat Kings #1
08-03-2011, 02:57 PM
if you could ask blades gm and head coach lorne molleken one question, what is it?

i would ask what was learned by everyone with the team (coaches, management, players, scouts, everyone) after the early playoff exit last season that can be used to make the team better for this year?

some very important years are coming up. 2013 as a potential memorial cup host, and the season after will be the blades 50th anniversary. then the lease is done. the future of this team in saskatoon hangs in the balance.

I'd ask him what his team will be this year? Two years ago it was a bunch of thugs, last year he tried some skill, both Bombed... Maybe he should concentrate on being a coach or GM but not both. Even Kelly McCrimmon finally gave in.

SectionNDeserter
08-03-2011, 04:45 PM
If the Blades get the Memorial Cup bid, he will be pushing 60 by the time it is over. I would ask him if it will be the final hurrah for him, or if he plans on to keep going.

lordstanley
08-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Lorne Molleken is 55 years old right now is that considered old this day in age for a WHL head coach just wondering

SectionNDeserter
08-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Lorne Molleken is 55 years old right now is that considered old this day in age for a WHL head coach just wonderingNot sure. Guy Charron, Rich Preston and Don Hay are older (those are the three oldest WHL coaches that I can think of), but he is up there too. It is easier to tell with players, as they close in on 40, they start slowing down and their numbers generally start to drop off. It is different with coaches, with them it is all about weighing their personal lives vs. their desire to keep coaching. He could be retired in a few years, or he could keep going till he is in his late 60's, that is why I would ask him ;) I just saw that McCrimmon in Brandon is lightening his load a little of late, made me think of it.

lordstanley
08-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Not sure. Guy Charron, Rich Preston and Don Hay are older (those are the three oldest WHL coaches that I can think of), but he is up there too. It is easier to tell with players, as they close in on 40, they start slowing down and their numbers generally start to drop off. It is different with coaches, with them it is all about weighing their personal lives vs. their desire to keep coaching. He could be retired in a few years, or he could keep going till he is in his late 60's, that is why I would ask him ;) I just saw that McCrimmon in Brandon is lightening his load a little of late, made me think of it.

Good post i was about to do the same and look up the ages of other coaches

If i had to ask Lorne 1 thing it would be would you do a Schenn deal again if you had the chance and of course he would tell the media yes they never want to admit they were wrong

lostsheep
08-04-2011, 01:48 PM
I would ask where he thinks the balance between strength and skill is, and what it will take for this team to push past the second round road block? To hang last years exit on one trade isnt fair. There were a number of players not doing the things they did in regular season. I think P.A was a uphill physical round that showed we could be pushed around, and had a hard time handing a strong forecheck. what will we do to address the possible exit of some strong players. Sorry iguess theres a couple of questions :rolleyes: im sure i could think up a few more...but mybe later