PDA

View Full Version : Clouston new Coach

Johnny Table
08-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Kelly has steped down and named Cory Clouston the new head coach of the Brandon Wheat Kings

hotdog-pocket
08-03-2011, 02:05 PM
A great coach for a team that is going to be very strong the next 2-3 years. Also a relief for media around the league!

Wheat Kings #1
08-03-2011, 02:53 PM
A great coach for a team that is going to be very strong the next 2-3 years. Also a relief for media around the league!

I think this is a great move, sounds like a real good coach and lets Kelly do his magic with trades. He will need to bring in a couple of scorers this year.

lordstanley
08-03-2011, 04:22 PM
I think this is a great move, sounds like a real good coach and lets Kelly do his magic with trades. He will need to bring in a couple of scorers this year.

Great move for sure you can argue that the Wheat have the best head coach and Gm in the league now Kelly Mac will need to get some offense seeing as it looks bleak after Stone and Ferland if he does that then i don't see why the Wheats wont win the division

Boltz9
08-03-2011, 04:52 PM
When I heard the news I had to look at the calendar because I thought it might be Christmas. Kelly did put up a good record as coach, I think this is the best move for him and the team though.

lordstanley
08-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Hey Boltz you still doing signature pics for people if so i may need a new one seeing as Elliott wont be back if not no biggie

Boltz9
08-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Hey Boltz you still doing signature pics for people if so i may need a new one seeing as Elliott wont be back if not no biggie

Ya when I get the chance I could make some updated ones for whoever wants one. I'm immediately calling Pulock tho :P

Joe Hallenback
08-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Great news. Clouston is a top notch Junior coach.

lordstanley
08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Ya when I get the chance I could make some updated ones for whoever wants one. I'm immediately calling Pulock tho :P

Ok sounds good !

lostsheep
08-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Nice, it will be interesting to see what, if any changes a new face will bring to a already strong team. good Luck this Year.

patsdude114
08-07-2011, 04:42 PM
i dont really see this being that great of a move, yes Clouston has had alot of success in the WHL before hand but KM has been hands down the most constant coach in the WHL along side with Don Hay.

Im sure WHL officals are loving it that KM is no longer on the bench way to many officals were intimidated by KM, especially once KM started yelling (i sit in the upper level of the Brandt Center & when KM start yelling at an offical i can hear him crystal clear like im standing beside him having a convo)

I guess time will tell if Clouston can do the same with with the Wheat Kings like he did with Kootenay a few years back now. As much as i hated KM he knows how to get the most out of any player, i just dont think i see that in Clouston. But either way nice hire

Boltz9
08-07-2011, 06:59 PM
i dont really see this being that great of a move, yes Clouston has had alot of success in the WHL before hand but KM has been hands down the most constant coach in the WHL along side with Don Hay.

Im sure WHL officals are loving it that KM is no longer on the bench way to many officals were intimidated by KM, especially once KM started yelling (i sit in the upper level of the Brandt Center & when KM start yelling at an offical i can hear him crystal clear like im standing beside him having a convo)

I guess time will tell if Clouston can do the same with with the Wheat Kings like he did with Kootenay a few years back now. As much as i hated KM he knows how to get the most out of any player, i just dont think i see that in Clouston. But either way nice hire

I disagree, although I do agree that KM intimidated the refs alot.

If nothing, this move could help Brandon with recruiting euros and getting kids to choose the WHL over NCAA. Maybe Harms is questioning his decision now. And maybe this will entice the Euros they got in this draft to come over and get top notch coaching.

Can't wait for this season to start.

Joe Hallenback
08-07-2011, 08:02 PM
I disagree, although I do agree that KM intimidated the refs alot.

If nothing, this move could help Brandon with recruiting euros and getting kids to choose the WHL over NCAA. Maybe Harms is questioning his decision now. And maybe this will entice the Euros they got in this draft to come over and get top notch coaching.

Can't wait for this season to start.

This is exactly correct Boltz.

Brandon IS having a hard time convincing people to come here because of KM's old school attitude behind the bench. Heard this from several different people