PDA

View Full Version : Hutt

Toswammi
08-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Caught it on Facebook that Hutt was released earlier this week. Can't say it comes as a surprise but it does bring down the numbers.

Quarter Century Fan
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
I think we could expect to see this coming. There will need to be several more 20 year olds released soon to get down to 3 for the upcoming season.

lordstanley
08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Coming from a outsider i would keep Hoban Vause and Peddle Verdino wont stick i heard he isn't the greatest team leader and Wagner is just to injured all the time

patsdude114
08-07-2011, 04:45 PM
I dont think dropping Hutt is much of a surprise at all, when a 7th grader is bigger then Hutt im sure he knew his days were numbered in the WHL im surprised he lasted this long.

I also agree with the post above that Hoban, Vause & Peddle should be the guys being kept but if either guy is released or traded i hope the Pats can land 1 of them, as it doesnt look too good that Mitchell is coming back for his final year or junior (altho he isnt ready for pro he hasnt accomplished much in junior)

Toswammi
08-07-2011, 05:47 PM
I dont think dropping Hutt is much of a surprise at all, when a 7th grader is bigger then Hutt im sure he knew his days were numbered in the WHL im surprised he lasted this long.

I also agree with the post above that Hoban, Vause & Peddle should be the guys being kept but if either guy is released or traded i hope the Pats can land 1 of them, as it doesnt look too good that Mitchell is coming back for his final year or junior (altho he isnt ready for pro he hasnt accomplished much in junior)

Is it wrong that I am hoping for Wagner over Peddle?

d-man
08-07-2011, 09:54 PM

Nope, agree completely

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
08-08-2011, 07:21 AM
As much as I'm a fan of Wagner's, I'm not sure he can stay healthy enough to be worth a roster spot. What I'd like to see for our 3 20's is Peddle, Vause, and trade Hoban for a d-man.

Toswammi
08-08-2011, 11:06 AM
As much as I'm a fan of Wagner's, I'm not sure he can stay healthy enough to be worth a roster spot. What I'd like to see for our 3 20's is Peddle, Vause, and trade Hoban for a d-man.

I would also like a 20 d-man, however it will take some tinkering to make is justifiable.

Currently we have Reum, Evans, Verdino, Nedomel, Scarlett, Muth, Craig all returning, and if he has a good camp I wouldn't mind seeing Heatherington added to that mix. So that is 8 guys for 6 spots, so some deals would obviously have to be made to accomidate it.

patsdude114
08-08-2011, 10:14 PM

Well i cant really comment on this as im not a Broncos fan & i think i only seen Wagner play twice in Regina the past 2 yrs (maybe 3 times) i know he is hurt alot & not sure if u want to trade/release a solid 20yr old in Peddle for a guy you just dont know if he will stay healthy after november.

Im jsut commenting on games i have seen & Peddle i always liked his compete level when here in Regina. Maybe its different when u watch him on a regular basis.

Man i cant wait for the WHL season to get going with training camps, with the Riders bombing maybe the 3 south saskatchewan teams (Regina, MJ, SC) will actually get some regonition in the Leader Post cuz there isnt much worth reading about with the Riders.

Flathead
08-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Peddle Vause and Wagner is who I would like to see. Hoban is softer than the Sedin sisters combined! Lol. Peddle is our best twenty by far!

Tamal_SC
08-10-2011, 07:31 AM
I have had a really hard time thinking about the 20yr old situation this year. Peddle, Vause, Wagner and Hoban have been a pretty big part of the team over the last couple of years. I don't think Verdino will be around, he isn't great in the locker room (from what I have heard) and the rumour last season was that he was told he would be traded. That being said I think a 20yr old D-man is a good idea and could help to be a steadying force on a still young backend. The big struggle I think is between Peddle and Wagner. Both play a very similar style of game with Wagner being a slightly larger and stronger player. Due to the similarities in their game and Wagner's injury problems, I could see them going with just Peddle instead of both. That leaves me with Hoban....sure he can put the puck in the net and show flashes of offensive skill, BUT he is way too soft and i don't think his compete level is where the Broncos need it to be. Package him with a goalie (we have tons right now) and try to get an experienced d-man.

Of course this is all just speculation but the only one I think that is probably a given will be Vause. Anyone else have thoughts?

SectionNDeserter
08-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Package him with a goalie (we have tons right now) and try to get an experienced d-man.Only see one goalie on the active roster, and he only has 11 games of WHL experience. Who is the starter there next season? What ever happened to Tendler?

lordstanley
08-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Only see one goalie on the active roster, and he only has 11 games of WHL experience. Who is the starter there next season? What ever happened to Tendler?

Wasn't tendler involved in a deal that saw joel rogers go to van for reum and tendler

SectionNDeserter
08-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Wasn't tendler involved in a deal that saw joel rogers go to van for reum and tendlerWell, he was the goalie of the future in Regina. Fast forward a year or so and he is traded to Vancouver for Cass Mappin + others, and after a short stay there, he is traded to Swift in the deal you mention. He was seemingly the #3 guy there last year, and now isn't listed on the roster. Just wondering where he went, and who will be between the pipes in Swift this season.

patsdude114
08-10-2011, 08:47 PM
i never understood the trade of Tendler to VAN a couple yrs ago... it just didnt make sense yet another stupid trade Parker that screwed this franchise up.

I still think Tendler has all the tools to be an effective WHL goalie, he has size & moves very well in the crease. I remember him in Midget AAA the guy was simply amazing. But let the guy rot for 3 yrs & this is what u get.

I would take Tendler back here in Regina & let him & Hewitt battle it out for the #1 spot

Tamal_SC
08-11-2011, 07:59 AM
I guess I should have said that the Broncos have lots of goalies in their system. Tendler and Smith shared back up duties until trade deadline last year and then Tendler was sent down to Junior 'A' to start the rest of the season. The Broncos drafted a goalie with the #6 pick in the Euro draft from Norway, he was the starter of the U-18 National team and started a few games at the WJC as well, apparently he is coming to Swift. Then they picked up a prospect named Myland in the Eakin trade too. That leaves at least four potentials coming into camp.

I don't think that Lamb likes Smith at all and could see him traded/released and I guess as there is a Euro in play that I would like to see what Tendler can do with regular starts. He had a great game against Seattle in his win last year and some solid relief from Freisen while facing a lot of shots last year.

As long as there is no 3-goalie situations I think the goalie situation will be ok. Could be two completely new faces though.

Arthur Fonzerelli
08-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Tendler finished the season playing for the Winnipeg Saints of the MJHL. He does not appear on their returning list for next season. He has a history of conditioning deficiencies and teams wouldn't take him seriously until he took it upon himself to improve that part of his game.

Toswammi
08-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Verdino went to Seattle, again, an obvious thing to happen, but down to four overage forwards now.

lordstanley
08-11-2011, 05:03 PM
You guys in the market for a 20 year old goalie not sure if you would be interested in Adam Morrison he is just ok not sure who else is all out there

how about our 18 year old goalie Makarov and a 2nd round pick in 2012 for Richard Nedomel lol just brain storming is all

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
08-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Nah, I'd rather keep King Richard. He's going to be hungry this year and looking to feed off the other teams. :D

lordstanley
08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Nah, I'd rather keep King Richard. He's going to be hungry this year and looking to feed off the other teams. :D

I think Nedomel is really gonna be a force on the backend this year as well

Toswammi
08-11-2011, 11:12 PM
I think Nedomel is really gonna be a force on the backend this year as well

He will be one of those guys that the other teams keeps tabs on so they don't get their block knocked off this year. It will be fun.

Also what are the odds of Craig + Evans/Reum being dealt as well. I still think it would be nice to add a complementary 20 yr old Dman but we need to move some guys to make room for that.

Tamal_SC
08-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I think the chances of seeing Craig moved are pretty good. With Nedomlel stepping up as the 'big' man back there I could see him gone. Not too sure about Evans, he is pretty steady and is our most experienced d-man now. I guess if it were to get a 20-yr old d-man then it could be a possibility. I guess we will soon find out!

patsdude114
08-14-2011, 06:14 PM
You guys in the market for a 20 year old goalie not sure if you would be interested in Adam Morrison he is just ok not sure who else is all out there

lmao now that's prob the funniest quote i have read all off-season.... Morrison is hardly ok... he looks ok cuz of the team that was playing infront of him the past 2 yrs when he did see crease time, the guy could barely squeak out a win against the Pats last season & even lost 2 if i remember correctly.

Morrison made the Blades a very avg looking team when he got in the crease, the Broncos definately DO NOT want Morrison dont think no 1 else wants him either he is a Blade unless u guys cut him (which i fully expect to happen)