PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed there haven't been trades....

Trav
08-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Now maybe Molleken has tried and had no takers but I thought sone guys from last years team wouldve been gone by now. The Blades need some young prospects.

lordstanley
08-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Now maybe Molleken has tried and had no takers but I thought sone guys from last years team wouldve been gone by now. The Blades need some young prospects.

I'm not really to worried the Blades will still have one of the younger teams in this leage this season as we will only have 3 19 year olds and even with that Brandon trade the Blades still have a pretty good PPL if anything i say add a 19 year old dman

Trav
08-15-2011, 02:35 PM
U think they have a good PPL? After seeing theirs and the other teams the Blades list doesn't look to appealing.

SectionNDeserter
08-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Now maybe Molleken has tried and had no takers but I thought sone guys from last years team wouldve been gone by now. The Blades need some young prospects.Looking at the roster players on the Blade's site, there is 10 forwards, 5 defensemen, and 2 goaltenders (one that might just get released depending on their overage situation). As it is, they need to add a few defensemen and forwards (and possibly a goaltender) just to make a full roster. Who exactly do you think they should/could trade?

lostsheep
08-15-2011, 07:44 PM
I dont recall too many trades happening until after the pro camps wrapped up last year. Who are the over agers? DD, Collins, Moe, >>> Curtis if he coes back, Elliott. Did i miss anyone?

wango tango
08-16-2011, 10:42 AM
I dont recall too many trades happening until after the pro camps wrapped up last year. Who are the over agers? DD, Collins, Moe, >>> Curtis if he coes back, Elliott. Did i miss anyone?

collins is 19 this year.

wango tango
08-16-2011, 11:02 AM
U think they have a good PPL? After seeing theirs and the other teams the Blades list doesn't look to appealing.

not too worried about the ppl. stockl, stovin, zajac, morrison, penner, and smith will be interesting to see in camp. projecting any of these kids on any team in the whl is so difficult. i wouldn't worry too much.

our defensive top four of siemens, thrower, cox, and dietz is solid. i'm hopeful about the goaltending. so the backend in goal and on the blueline should be set. for this season and next.

goal scoring is going to be a concern this season. if dziurzynski comes back it would help, benson has to have a breakout year, collins needs to build on what he did last season, can trask produce without schenn and hamilton? nicholls is the only proven scorer back for sure. bews, olsen, stransky, sutter, and elliott have potential, can they fulfill their promise?

right now the 20's are dziurzynski, trask, and morrison. from last years signed 19's who are eligible to come back as a 20, we might only get hamilton back, and that's pretty slim.

if i'm a prospect coming to blades camp this season, i'm pretty excited and focused on working hard and doing whatever it takes to make the team, because i could be playing for a memorial cup next season.

this is going to be a very interesting year for the team.

Trav
08-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Maybe disappointed wasn't the right word to use, just surprised was all but I know trades can still happen and hopefully Molleken can pull off some trades before the season gets under way.

After taking another look at their PPL on Small thoughts at large, the list doesn't look as bad as I thought it was though I don't think the effects of the Schenn trade will hit for another season.

wango tango
08-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Maybe disappointed wasn't the right word to use, just surprised was all but I know trades can still happen and hopefully Molleken can pull off some trades before the season gets under way.

After taking another look at their PPL on Small thoughts at large, the list doesn't look as bad as I thought it was though I don't think the effects of the Schenn trade will hit for another season.

i know i'm anxious about this season. i expected much more in the playoffs last year, and then it didn't happen, so now what? what comes next?

so many ifs. if the players returning can step up their games, if the team gets enough goal scoring, if the goaltending can be dependable, etc.

wango tango
08-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Its going to be real interesting to see the battles at your camps this year. To me Morrison is going to have to be way better then any other camp invites to save his job. And I dont think he will be over Makarov. Theres no doubt in my mind that Benson will love his new role and be terrific but to me I will be suprised if the Blades dont build around the 18 year olds this year and trade off the 19's and 20s with value for that Mem Cup bid.

usually don't get a lot for the 20's. unless it's a 20 plus a pick, then you might get a decent player back. tough to think about trading the 19's, because you need to keep your best ones, so they can be your leaders and best players as 20's for a possible memorial cup season. right now those would be nicholls, collins, and cox. it's always best to bring up your 20's from within than trading for another teams castoffs.

SectionNDeserter
08-18-2011, 04:57 PM
it's always best to bring up your 20's from within than trading for another teams castoffs.Is the best way to do it, but often your best overage players are in minor pro.

wango tango
08-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Is the best way to do it, but often your best overage players are in minor pro.

true. it's important to keep balance through the roster with age groups, so when you lose players to the pros and graduation there is the kind of depth that a team has quality players as 20's.