PDA

View Full Version : Josh Nicholls

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Here is a good article on him:

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/article/nicholls-is-ready-for-camp

Saskatoon Blades forward Josh Nicholls has spent virtually all summer preparing for next week, the kickoff to training camp for the 2011-2012 season. With the likes of Brayden Schenn, Marek Viedensky and Stefan Elliott moving on, Nicholls knows he has to elevate his game this year...
“I think it’s a big year for myself. Losing some of the players that I am used to leaning on like Marek and Stef, it’s going to be an adjustment period and there will be more pressure on me to do things on the ice.”
He says it’s refreshing to get back around the rink...
“It’s been a long summer just waiting for it and it gets to a point where summer workouts get boring and you just want to get back on the ice. It’s been fun getting back to the rink and seeing some of the guys.”
Nicholls also says there wasn’t much down time for him as he spent a ton of time working on getting bigger and stronger...
“This year me and my buddies really tried to push each other and work hard in the gym. There wasn’t really too much time to have fun but my family did have a chance to go to Las Vegas and we went to Calgary for a couple of weeks so that was kind of nice.”
Nicholls is also a draft pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs, who selected him in the summer of 2010. He leaves for Maple Leafs training camp on September 8th. He says he has new expectations for that camp after experiencing his first pro camp last fall...
“Last year it was just a learning experience to be there and this year I am going with the mindset that I am going to make the team. Whatever happens in the end, I will learn from that and use it to become a better player.”
Toronto is also going through a youth movement and Nicholls knows he has a chance to take the ball and run with it...
“It’s very exciting to be a part of the Leafs organization. There are definitely some spots that are going to be open and with their youth movement I really think there is a good chance of being there pretty soon. It’s been my motivation all summer, just getting bigger and stronger and doing what it takes to prove that I can play at the next level. I’m looking forward to heading there and showing them what I have to offer. “
Blades fan’s better cross their fingers because Josh seems poised and confident to make that pro jump. Just don’t forget to wish him all the best.

Backhand
08-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Josh is one of the GOOD guys in hockey - all the best to him! Personally I hope he's in a Blades jersey this season.

lordstanley
08-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Josh is one of the GOOD guys in hockey - all the best to him! Personally I hope he's in a Blades jersey this season.

Chances of josh making the the leafs this are next to nothinh never a 100% but he will be back helld resposible for alot of this years offence

lordstanley
08-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Couple key players to our success this season will be Lukas Sutter and Levi Bews they are gonna lay a key role on the third line if they do there job we may get mid pack in this conference

GBG BLEED BLUE
08-20-2011, 01:59 PM
The Leafs do not rush their prospects and I am sure they mean he wants to make the pro jump when he is 20 which is next season. I think that he could be in the AHL at 20 but like I said. He could be back here as an overager. Good to see that he is focused. I hope he has a stellar season this season.

PJ Awesome
09-09-2011, 02:47 AM
Hope Nicholls is back this season, would be a nice boost to this team.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Hope Nicholls is back this season, would be a nice boost to this team.

He should be. He is only 19 and the Leafs are not known to rush their prospects.

He will be a key player for the Blades this season.

lordstanley
09-09-2011, 02:07 PM
He should be. He is only 19 and the Leafs are not known to rush their prospects.

He will be a key player for the Blades this season.

Nicholls is a slam dunk to be back why couldn't have he been drafted by a real NHL team like the Oilers or Penguins lol