PDA

View Full Version : Dominik Volek

patsdude114
08-19-2011, 05:28 PM
In the recent Ivan Hlinka U18 tournament Dominik Volek had 4g in 5 games playing against other top U18 year olds in the world.

Im very excited to watch this guy on the ice, interested to see what kind of chemistry him & Weal can have on the ice. The kid seems like a natural goal scorer hopefully him & Weal find something together as Weal is prob hands down the best playmaker in the WHL (stats dont lie, especially on the team we had last year) I do still feel Weal will be traded no matter where we will be in the standings (unless its top 4 in Conference but thats a joke to even type)

It will be very interesting to see what happens later on in the year especially if Volek & Weal find some great chemistry together, a playoff spot this season will do wonders for a young team even if its only 4 games & out golfing after.

here is a link to Volek's tournament profile http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/75136/la_id/1/player_id/152077/profile_id/172453/season_id/171159/ss_id/170371/

dsquared
08-20-2011, 09:58 AM
I am certain that Weal will not be wearing a Pat jersey after the World Juniors and am pretty sure that he will be traded sooner rather than later

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Hopefully he instead finds chemistry with someone who will be on the team more than 4 months, like Stephenson or even Klimchuk.

I dont think we should try to groom this guy as this year's 1st line winger, rather than getting some 20 year old to play with Weal... instead treat him just like the rest of the nice young players we have coming up. This group looks like the best rookie class since 2006 from all accounts Ive heard. We most likely will see Klimchuk and Burroughs next year, with maybe one of Mclean, Dryden Hunt, or maybe even Alec McCrea. Volek is just adding another potential dimension to the pack, with maybe Williams and/or Hannoun next year.

Though clearly we dont know that until they actually play, should be interesting to see an actual rebuild instead of the shameful crap we have seen the last three years.

patsdude114
08-20-2011, 10:21 PM
This group looks like the best rookie class since 2006 from all accounts Ive heard. We most likely will see Klimchuk and Burroughs next year, with maybe one of Mclean, Dryden Hunt, or maybe even Alec McCrea.

I completely disagree with not having Klimchuk &/or Burroughs on the team this year, Klimchuk is a lock to be on this team & our 5 thru 7 spots on D are wide open for the taking (as our top 4 will be Bidlevskii, Davidson, Blidstrand & Underwood as long as the 1st 2 dont turn pro which i highly doubt)

Lets face it the Pats are not going anywhere this year so to have Klimchuk & Burroughs playing elsewhere doesnt make sense unless they completely are NOT ready which is highly unlikely especially for Klimchuk.

Im expecting alot more out of Stephenson this season, he showed some great potential last season with the limited ice time he got under Hunt but towards the end of the year u could see a HUGE improvement in his game.

As for Volek i think with his potential that he brings to the team from all reports i have read about him, i think it would be stupid to not try him with Weal as it sounds like he will be the next most skilled player on our roster. But with that said there is a grooming period normally for these euros when they come over to Canada to play hockey. Guess this is why we have training camp & preseason to get a look at the guys we dont know alot about.

patsdude114
08-20-2011, 10:23 PM
I am certain that Weal will not be wearing a Pat jersey after the World Juniors and am pretty sure that he will be traded sooner rather than later

I think u need to re-read my post before u posted what u just said...... here it is... i even bolded the area that u need really need to read

I do still feel Weal will be traded no matter where we will be in the standings (unless its top 4 in Conference but thats a joke to even type)

T-Bone
08-21-2011, 10:40 AM
For clarification, those 4 goals in 5 games was at Christmas at the U17 Challenge in Winnipeg. He put up 2 goals and an assist in 4 games at the Ivan Hlinka Tournament this month.

patsdude114
08-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I thought those stats looked abit familiar from when i posted stuff on him the day after we drafted him but couldnt find the info from the Ivan Hlinka Tournament a few weeks ago, thought they were those but thanks for showing his actual stats muchly appreciated :)

still not bad stats for a team that finished 6th (if i remember correctly from searching for info the other day) i know they played both CAN & USA dont think they scored a goal in those 2 games at all.

Johnnydrum
09-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Pretty interseted in Volek.
Has he actually arrived in camp yet, and if so, how is he looking.
Thanks Pats Fans

patsdude114
09-01-2011, 05:58 PM
in camp he looked great im curious to see how he will look in a preseason game i really hope the Pats play him tomorrow nite in the home preseason game against MJ, he has great speed & has a good shot he could definately score a few goals in this league. Depends how long it takes him to adapt to the north american game like every euro

west coast
09-01-2011, 07:03 PM
it sure takes euros a while to learn the north american game.Lots have come to North America and very few have succeeded.Volek is a blue chipper but hopefully the Pats bring him along slowly and maybe find a vet to mentor him.Hopefully the kid isnt pressured to be a first line player right away.It would be better to bring him along slowly until he learns the game and give him lots of PP time and i would bet by xmas he will be filling the net

Johnnydrum
09-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Thanks guys, its kinda difficult getting a good angle on these prospects from so far away..lol
I gather that Euros have a tougher time in the WHL than say in the OHL & QMJHL, where they seem to adapt and produce straight away.
However, there looks to be some great prospects in the WHL this year, and Volek is one that intrigues me.
So from your early viewings, you would say he has "speed and "hands"?
It would be great if he can adapt quickly--i gather the Pats fans have had a few tough seasons.
Any other "titbits2 on Volek, woukd be greatly received.
Jd
England