PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Camp/Black and White Game

Tamal_SC
08-23-2011, 10:36 AM
Just wondering if anyone has checked out any of the rookie camp sessions yet and if so how are they looking. Any thoughts on the black and white game, who you are excited to see, etc.?? Time to get some excitement going for Broncos hockey!!!

Toswammi
08-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Some interesting things I have learned:

They have brought in some 19s to compete for roster spots.
Sounds like if a young player (16 yr old) is a bubble player that won't get a regular shift he will be sent down to play a regular shift and continue his devolpment that way. With that in mind, I am predicting that MacKay plays for the Legion this year, but gets called up in case of injuries.

Tamal_SC
08-24-2011, 10:54 AM
That is interesting, didn't know that. I am getting the feeling that things are going to be a lot different this year. I think the defence core is pretty much set, but I wonder if there will be much turn over in our forwards. Sounds like Lamb wants us a bit bigger and a lot tougher. I have also heard that some of the younger guys like Derko and Howorko have come in really good shape, it would be nice to see them with bigger roles this year.

Any thoughts on which 20 yr old/s will be leaving? I wonder if two will be moved and one new brought in, or just move one and go with the other three?

Toswammi
08-24-2011, 12:19 PM
That is interesting, didn't know that. I am getting the feeling that things are going to be a lot different this year. I think the defence core is pretty much set, but I wonder if there will be much turn over in our forwards. Sounds like Lamb wants us a bit bigger and a lot tougher. I have also heard that some of the younger guys like Derko and Howorko have come in really good shape, it would be nice to see them with bigger roles this year.

Any thoughts on which 20 yr old/s will be leaving? I wonder if two will be moved and one new brought in, or just move one and go with the other three?

Yeah, looks like Derko really hit the gym this offseason

Tamal_SC
08-26-2011, 07:32 AM
I couldn't make it to the rink yesterday...can anyone shed some light on how people were looking?

CrazyGeorge
08-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Nedomel looked very solid. Skated very well and was physical. He will be force I think.

Derko impressed me. He to skated well, played well in front of net and looked to be physical at times

Heatherington looked poised and skated very well for his age. Looked to put on some size too.

I think that Daniel Dale is still hard to read yet. He skated well and had a nose for the net but rumors are that he is willing to fight but did not see that on day one.

Martin is going to be a stud with the Broncos after this season. Skates very well, quick shot and good first pass I felt.

Toswammi
08-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Tender was released, the writing was on the wall when Soberg was drafted. I guess this also opens a spot on the 50 for a new guy as well.

Also for those that can't make it to he rink, follow Mullins twitter.

grainbear
08-28-2011, 05:58 PM
The Moser that scored for Team Sakic was that Ryan Moser the ex Hurrincane or someone else ?

Tamal_SC
08-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes it is, I am pretty sure I saw the Hurricanes logo on his helmet the other day. That is what I was told as well. He is looking pretty good out there I think.

Tamal_SC
08-29-2011, 10:39 AM
I haven't seen the rosters yet but am looking forward to seeing the vets battling for spots tonight. It will be cool to see the rookie game tomorrow too. A couple of great nights of Broncos hockey!!

trucker
08-30-2011, 07:16 PM
A little too soon to be so negative Boo-Boo. Yes, last year was a joke, pathetic at best, but it's a new year with new players to get excited about. I was pretty hard on Lamb myself last year, but one has to get behind the team and hope that Lamb can get things turned around here, starting now. I don't mind losing games as long as I see a full effort every night. I am saying this now Boo-Boo, and I hope I'm still saying this at Christmas. Personally, I don't expect this year to be much better than 500, and I'm fine with that, as long as there is a consistent, and hard nosed effort. I really hope that we become MUCH more difficult to play against and not a "soft" team like last year. It ticks me off when I go to the rink in a -30 blizzard and watch a poor effort. As long as the effort is there, I'm excited to cheer on the team this year.

booboo
08-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Good answer Trucker. I hope you guys improve as well.

Toswammi
08-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Brycen Marten will be a star in this league.

Also really liked Gordon tonight, looked good with Black (who I expect to have a solid year)

trucker
08-31-2011, 12:56 PM
How has Soberg been ? I havent really heard anything either way. thanks

SOLID! From the looks, and sounds of things, he will be our starting tender. All the hype around him looks to be deserved. And he changes a poor goalie situation that we had last year into what looks like our most solid position. Not sure who's gonna back him up, but I kinda hope a 16 year old will win that spot. Soberg is gone for a month for world jr.'s and a 16 year old might not be the perfect fit during that time, but our goaltending situation looks to be solid for years to come.

Brandon
08-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Brycen Marten will be a star in this league.

Also really liked Gordon tonight, looked good with Black (who I expect to have a solid year)

Remember you said that and then look back and realize what an understatement it was in a few years.

Martin is a fantastic talent. The Broncos should build around this kid, he is going to dominate the WHL.

Toswammi
09-02-2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.scbroncos.com/roster/index/team/23/sort/last

Looks like we have some rosters to work with.

Toswammi
09-14-2011, 04:54 PM
This seems like a good place to put this:

Both Bloom and Bosc were reassigned. Down to 2/3 cuts left before the final roster is done.

Toswammi
09-16-2011, 12:36 PM
So looking at the forward roster, I am left with the impression that one of (or both Magnus and Moser may be in tough).

I would say the top six forwards in SC are Black, Lowry, Cameron and 3 20's. It also seems that Lamb likes the Derko, Blanke, Dale combo, so that looks to be half of the bottom six forwards.

This leaves Howorko, Mackay, Cave, Magnus, Moser, Gordon for the last three spots. I would like to see the younger guys slide into the 4th line role here and get teh playing time to improve. I also think a Gordon/Mackay, Howorko, Cave line would work well together.

To me neither Magnus, or Moser are top six guys, and with some older guys in that role, it would be nice to see soem youth added. With that said, I would expect that both Magnus and Moser will make the team and play ahead of the young guys.

trucker
09-18-2011, 09:22 PM
SOLID! From the looks, and sounds of things, he will be our starting tender. All the hype around him looks to be deserved. And he changes a poor goalie situation that we had last year into what looks like our most solid position. Not sure who's gonna back him up, but I kinda hope a 16 year old will win that spot. Soberg is gone for a month for world jr.'s and a 16 year old might not be the perfect fit during that time, but our goaltending situation looks to be solid for years to come.

Wow!...don't know if I've ever had to eat my words quite like this before!! Thanks a lot for making me taste my foot Soberg!! Starting to dislike this kid!!