PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-23-2011, 03:56 PM
...is just around the corner.

No official camp list have been released yet, but if you look our returning roster (http://whl.ca/roster/list/year/2011/team/26), and some of our protected list (http://smallatlarge.blogspot.com/2011/06/2011-12-prospects-regina.html), you'll be able to ball park what our roster might look like.

Should be interesting if we get the right guys back, make the right trades(which I think some will take place) and at the same time if the youth lives up to some of the hype. I dont expect a huge year...not that people should be pessimistic before a single game is played. Unlike the last three years I will expect a step or two in a positive direction.

RWAH
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm getting excited as camp nears. I think the team will be rebuilding but has some talented players to make this and next year very interesting. My thoughts. Defence Davidson, Bildstrand, Bidlevskii (I note Underwood is not on the rooster on the Pats webb page) Underwood if he is here. Borstmayer if he can play physical he must change his game and be a presence when he is on the ice 2 or 3 new, Burroughs a shoe in, left to fight for the 1 or 2 spots Landon Peel, Mason Logan, Tyler Mueller, Alex Crea. If we are going to improve our size my bet is Alex 6' 1'' 190lbs, the others are 160 or less
Forwards The pats webb page shows 11 vets with Mitchell and I think they all have a good shoot to make the squad but that leaves 5 or 6 new faces. as shoe in Morgan Klimchuk, left to fight it out are 2 18 year olds as long shots but both have size and if that is one area we want to improve in don't count them out Ryan Baskeville 6'3'' and Michael Sagen 6'1'' but I give Ryan an edge. that leaves T J Reeve 6 ft, Jack Rodewald 5'11'', Bryden Serafini 6' 1'', mitchell Fyfee 5'10'' and Dryden Hunt 5'8'' Ty McLean 5'7'' and from Regina Cory Williams 5'11''
I do want to see Adam Brooks and Dana Schioler this years tfirst 2 picks they both have very impressive bantam stats. and I will enjoy seeing them in both rookie sessions and mixed
Goal tending
Hewitt and a battle between Adam Beukeboom and Tanner Burgardt I give an edge to Adam as Tanner is a 16 year old a sleeper could be Teagen Sacher
I'm open to anyone else's opinion and invite them. On ice sessions start in 2 days

patsdude114
08-23-2011, 06:39 PM
i cant wait for camp to open i hope there is some mid evening work outs on thrus/friday so i can attend if not saturday ill be there & im sure sunday as well

RWAH
08-23-2011, 09:25 PM
pats dude you are in luck both Thur and Fri have evening work outs 5:30 to 7:00 and 7:15 to 8:45. There is a complete schedule in the lead story on the pats webb page

patsdude114
08-23-2011, 09:42 PM
thanks for the info will be a nice evening of relaxation at the rink... the smelll of the cool crisp air in the rink, the sounds of the skates cutting into the ice, the pucks ringing off the iron ooooooh the sounds of hockey i can not wait for

patsdude114
08-25-2011, 09:03 PM
a couple questions about training camp.... i was at both sessions this evening & i must say a few of the rookies really impressed me, #21 on grey has a very quick release he showed it on a goal he scored & also rang 1 off the bar as well not sure who he is but definately has some skills & a very smooth skater as well.

Klimchuk looks like men playing with boys out there with all the rookies he is definately ready for the WHL this year. The only guy who really seemed to give him much difficulty was Burroughs (or im guessing its Burroughs #4 on grey)

Anyone know who numbers 19,20,21 r on team red

If anyone has a list of the rookie teams could u PLEASSSSSE post them would love a copy of my own.

Also who is the Dman from the Hitmen that we got? Im guessing the Hitmen dropped him & we picked him up as i dont recall no trade with them. He wears #44 on blue (if im remembering right & he is wearing a Hitmen helmet) he isnt too bad at all Weal undressed him but who doesnt Weal undress especially in this camp.

Another thing i want to say is what a shot Martell unleashed on a 1on1 & burnt Hewitt off the bar & in other then that goal Hewitt made some nice save definately the clear cut #1 favorite.

lordstanley
08-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Not sure why your managment team is still trying to sell the public that this year is a rebuilding phase when you have the most returning players in the league with 19

Are they just setting themselves up for disipointment ? maybe it's a no lose situation this way who knows

Just another fans view from a different team

Kelly McCrimmon would never be caught using those words rebuild never Reload is what he would say

patsdude114
08-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Lordstanley I do have to agree with u when we r returning possibly 19 players we shouldn't be as bad as many r predicting. Hewitt has looked great in the scrimmage & in goalie sessions.

Klimchuk scored a hatty today in morning scrimmage. 1st goal was late in the 2nd period where he drove out from the corner & slipped the puck 5hole a good power forward play, 2nd goal was a give & go 1timer with #19 (red) & 3rd goal was a wrap around (all 3 goals were scored in a total of maybe 14mins of play)

lordstanley
08-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Lordstanley I do have to agree with u when we r returning possibly 19 players we shouldn't be as bad as many r predicting. Hewitt has looked great in the scrimmage & in goalie sessions.

Klimchuk scored a hatty today in morning scrimmage. 1st goal was late in the 2nd period where he drove out from the corner & slipped the puck 5hole a good power forward play, 2nd goal was a give & go 1timer with #19 (red) & 3rd goal was a wrap around (all 3 goals were scored in a total of maybe 14mins of play)

Thanks for the updates from camp Klimchuk is gonna be great ! can't wait to see him live.

patsdude114
08-26-2011, 11:57 AM
He will definately be the real deal can't wait to see him mixed in with the vets tonite & tomorrow.

With as good as Klimchuk has been, Burroughs has been just as exciting to watch, Burroughs reminds me a lot of Kyle Deck but abit more physcial (at least among his peers) moves the puck well & has patience like Davidson with the puck (again this is among his peers it will most likely hange once he is playing against other WHL talent)

chalk_one_up
08-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Let me know how Tanner Burgardt, Taylor Clark and Bryden Serafini looks throughout camp.

patsdude114
08-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Let me know how Tanner Burgardt, Taylor Clark and Bryden Serafini looks throughout camp.

Burgardt & Clark were both reassigned today after the final scrimmage of training camp, im not sure which player is Serafini is as i dont have a team list of for training camp but i do know that Ty McLean has looked fantastic he was #21 on Team Grey for the evening scrimmage & i finally have put him in a spot from the rookie scrimmages as well he has been a stud all camp long i think he has a legit chance at making this team.

With the play of Burroughs, Williams & Peel at camp i think it is safe to say Bortsmayer will be back in the SJHL for good this time, there is no way in hell he cracks this lineup i really dont know how he was on the roster last season. He is not WHL material at all, he has the size but doesnt play a physical game at all for his low skill set.

bkdevil
08-28-2011, 11:11 AM
How is goalie battle shaping up? Anyone standing out?

patsdude114
08-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Beukeboom is having a great camp i think, i would say he has the inside track to win the backup job