PDA

View Full Version : Blades Training Camp 2011....

Trav
08-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Figured I'd start the training camp thread...

I know it's only Day 1 and these guys still got a few more days to go before camp is technically over but I've been impressed with what I see so far...

Starting with the 96's. Hickmott and Graham I noticed quite a bit up front and at the backend I was pretty impressed with Saskatoon local Connor Swystun who is only 5'8 but was all over the ice. It'lll be interesting to see if the Blades list him and keep an eye on him during the season, hopefully he'll grow a bit or at least get a bit stronger.

Going to the 95's, the 95's I noticed a lot were d-men. Brett Lernout is 6'4 and reminds me of Dietz. Good skater and has a good shot. Brad Reichardt is another guy I noticed, didn't look to out of place and could have a shot. Pichonsky I didn't notice to much on the ice but then again I wasn't really looking for him either, I'll try and watch him more closely tomorrow. I'd imagine those three though will be fighting for spots on the blueline.

The rookie forwards that I was impressed were with 17 yr old Kyle Haas, he was all over the ice and scored a goal. 18 yr old Damien Kulynych scored a nice break away shot just went top corner on Morrison. He skates well and had a pretty good year in the AJHL last year. I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the team.

Among the veterans. All were flying, Benson I believe it was took a shot in the foot / ankle and was in pain, hopefully nothing to serious. Sutter and Siemens were going at it a bit, Sutter was also flying around the ice, he needs to have a big year this year. Sure hope we get Dziurzynski back. They need him and Trask to lead the scoring, Stransky I think could score 20+ goals this year.

Speaking of Stransky, Makarov the Russian goaltender did well and got a shutout in his half of the game, looking forward to seeing him in pre-season and see if he can handle being the starting goaltender.

Dunno if they just listed this guy or invited him but Patrick Johnson from the Contacts is at camp, he's 18 and I was quite impressed with him, he to got a shut out in his half of the game, he looked good even in warm ups, he looked like he was quite focused. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the pre-season. Rite now he'd a guy I'd take in to the pre-season. The other goaltenders, Miner needs a season of midget AAA, Moodie should play a year of midget aaa as well. I think it'll be Johnson or Todd for that 3rd goaltender spot, Todd wasn't to bad though he let in a couple goals.

I'll post some more comments tomorrow if I get a chance to go to the scrimmages.

lordstanley
08-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Figured I'd start the training camp thread...

I know it's only Day 1 and these guys still got a few more days to go before camp is technically over but I've been impressed with what I see so far...

Starting with the 96's. Hickmott and Graham I noticed quite a bit up front and at the backend I was pretty impressed with Saskatoon local Connor Swystun who is only 5'8 but was all over the ice. It'lll be interesting to see if the Blades list him and keep an eye on him during the season, hopefully he'll grow a bit or at least get a bit stronger.

Going to the 95's, the 95's I noticed a lot were d-men. Brett Lernout is 6'4 and reminds me of Dietz. Good skater and has a good shot. Brad Reichardt is another guy I noticed, didn't look to out of place and could have a shot. Pichonsky I didn't notice to much on the ice but then again I wasn't really looking for him either, I'll try and watch him more closely tomorrow. I'd imagine those three though will be fighting for spots on the blueline.

The rookie forwards that I was impressed were with 17 yr old Kyle Haas, he was all over the ice and scored a goal. 18 yr old Damien Kulynych scored a nice break away shot just went top corner on Morrison. He skates well and had a pretty good year in the AJHL last year. I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the team.

Among the veterans. All were flying, Benson I believe it was took a shot in the foot / ankle and was in pain, hopefully nothing to serious. Sutter and Siemens were going at it a bit, Sutter was also flying around the ice, he needs to have a big year this year. Sure hope we get Dziurzynski back. They need him and Trask to lead the scoring, Stransky I think could score 20+ goals this year.

Speaking of Stransky, Makarov the Russian goaltender did well and got a shutout in his half of the game, looking forward to seeing him in pre-season and see if he can handle being the starting goaltender.

Dunno if they just listed this guy or invited him but Patrick Johnson from the Contacts is at camp, he's 18 and I was quite impressed with him, he to got a shut out in his half of the game, he looked good even in warm ups, he looked like he was quite focused. It'll be interesting to see how he does in the pre-season. Rite now he'd a guy I'd take in to the pre-season. The other goaltenders, Miner needs a season of midget AAA, Moodie should play a year of midget aaa as well. I think it'll be Johnson or Todd for that 3rd goaltender spot, Todd wasn't to bad though he let in a couple goals.

I'll post some more comments tomorrow if I get a chance to go to the scrimmages.

Thanks for the update Trav :clap: another couple players i have my eye on this training camp are zajac statchuk and daae never knew about Johnson good too see a local boy like that perform so well

Kulynych i think has a real shot to crack the roster Daae and Stovin better have strong camps they aint getting any younger

Trav
08-25-2011, 11:10 PM
I saw Statchuk a few times but he didn't seem to be involved a whole lot but of course its only day one. Daae didn't look to bad. Zajac is only 16 so I imagine he'll spend another year of midget, hopefully AAA. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no 16 yr old forwards on the team.

lordstanley
08-26-2011, 12:13 AM
I saw Statchuk a few times but he didn't seem to be involved a whole lot but of course its only day one. Daae didn't look to bad. Zajac is only 16 so I imagine he'll spend another year of midget, hopefully AAA. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no 16 yr old forwards on the team.

No 16 year old forwards possibly seeing as the Blades are returning 10 vet forwards Brett Stovin would make 11 and Austin Daae would make a full 12 that would leave 1 extra spot and Hudson Morrison may just land it.

Trav
08-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Well never know, a guy like A. Elliott might be made expendable by Kulynych. Haas was more noticeable then Morrison from what I saw but again only day 1.

saskatoonman
08-26-2011, 01:46 AM
Luc Soares was a player that really stood out to me in the first game. He has crazy speed and looked to have really good chemistry with Olsen.

What are your thoughts on Carson Boehm? Could he get put on the protected list? I was talking to him and he is playing Beardy's this year.

Trav
08-26-2011, 09:43 AM
First scrimmage of day 2 over...

The guys that stood out...Makarov again got a shut out and made some really good saves, easily top goaltender so far. Hickmott and Pruden are going to b good. I wouldnt b surprised to see Bauml listed, he looks good. Stockl and Zajac looked pretty good as well but I think they could use another yr of AAA, no need to rush them. Pichorsky also looked good, him Lernout and Reichardt could n battling for one Dman spot

Out of the vets, hard to believe Stimpancik is only 17 and still considered a rookie kinda, he was really noticeable. Trask was probably the top vet in the first game, Alex Elliott wasnt noticeable to much, he's going to have to pick it up I think.

In the second game, I thought Johnson again played pretty decent in net, to me there's three goaltenders in the hunt for that second spot, Todd, Johnson and Morrison.

Kulynych and Haas again played well, they were all over the ice, I gotta think their both be playing pre-season, unless Kulynych decides to keep his options open but hopefully he'll sign and play this year, I think he can be a good third liner.

That Swystun kid needs to be listed, if the Blades don't then I dunno, yeah he's small and light but the guy skates very well and doesn't get caught out of position to much, with developing he could turn in to another Stephan Mann.

Soares wasn't to bad either, your right bout his speed, he does have it, needs to bulk up a bit though.

hotdog-pocket
08-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Anyone make it to camp today? I was there. A couple real good games in the afternoon. Makarov looks like the real deal. I agree on Stipancik too, he looks great.

The player stealing the show so far has to be Dietz though. He scored 5 goals today, including 4 in one game.

Trav
08-26-2011, 10:44 PM
I really think Dietz can be a NHL draft steal. He has the size to play in the league, hopefully he'll just keep on improving.

Blades defense will be good this year. add one or two rookies and they'll be fine.

chalk_one_up
08-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Anything on Kaelen Wall or Cody Young?

hotdog-pocket
08-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Anything on Kaelen Wall or Cody Young?

Both have had fairly strong showings. Neither has done enough to truly stand out from anyone else though. Wall is in that mix of guys that is just on the outside looking in and stuck behind guys like Fafard, Statchuk and even Lernout.

chalk_one_up
08-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Both have had fairly strong showings. Neither has done enough to truly stand out from anyone else though. Wall is in that mix of guys that is just on the outside looking in and stuck behind guys like Fafard, Statchuk and even Lernout.

Does Statchuk stand a chance at making this team?

Trav
08-27-2011, 10:02 AM
I've been more impressed with Lernout then I have with Statschuk, what mite get him on the team and Lernout off the team is he's older then Lernout, Molleken might not wanna have a 16 yr old d-man but really I think Lernout has been the better player in scrimmage.

hotdog-pocket
08-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Like it or not, Lorne is going to have to use atleast 1 16 year old defenseman. I know there were concerns about Statchuk opting out of the WHL to pursue the NCAA, so we'll see how that goes.

Don't be shocked if he gets offered a spot on the team and declines.

It will be interesting to see who does get a job on the blueline....Fafard, Pichonsky and Busenius all looked pretty good so far.

Up front I think McEvoy is a lock to make the team already.

Trav
08-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I've been impressed with quite a few rookies and not as impressed with a couple of veterans up front. Hope Molleken isn't going to be giving a free pass to all the vets especially if the rookies continue to impress.

lostsheep
08-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Whats the story on Bews, i felt he needed a good camp to stick around, his play last year did not really impress me. a good rookie showing could displace him. I hope im wrong and i hope he gets going like he did the first few games he was with us 2 years ago, more physical and in the game at both ends.

auch07
08-27-2011, 01:40 PM
How has Makarov done? Has be been solid enough to knock Morrison out for the #1 spot? If so have any of the other goalies done enough to have Lorne consider moving or letting Morrison go to save the overage spot?

hotdog-pocket
08-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Whats the story on Bews, i felt he needed a good camp to stick around, his play last year did not really impress me. a good rookie showing could displace him. I hope im wrong and i hope he gets going like he did the first few games he was with us 2 years ago, more physical and in the game at both ends.

Bews got smoked today by Duncan Siemens. Right at center ice. Bews left the game and didn't come back. Looked like a concussion.

hotdog-pocket
08-27-2011, 02:23 PM
How has Makarov done? Has be been solid enough to knock Morrison out for the #1 spot? If so have any of the other goalies done enough to have Lorne consider moving or letting Morrison go to save the overage spot?

He's been awesome. The best goalie at camp so far along with Patrick Johnson.

Morrison hasn't been very good at all, although he was better today. I don't think Mo's job is safe at all. I think the team wanted to see how Makarov was before considering a possible trade and it looks like he is more than capable.

Trav
08-27-2011, 03:14 PM
First cuts have been announced. All of them were invited players.

Connor Swystun - D I liked this kid, I thought he looked like one of the better d-man out there. Hope he's back next year.

Graham Gove – C

Shaun Cooke - C

Eric Saleski - C

Reid Pennington – G

Dylan Hopfner – C

Joel Kocur – C

Tyler Pickett – RW

Eric Wicijowski – LW

Holden Daley – D

Levi Barnstable – C

Teal Sobkowicz – LW

Trav
08-27-2011, 03:15 PM

In the scrimmages I saw him in I never noticed him much, I think he needs to have a good pre-season otherwise he could be gone.

Trav
08-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Here's the inter squad game rosters, surprised to see Damien Kulynych on the roster, I think he's showed enough to get on to the pre-season roster.

Team Blue

2 – McKenzie Busenius

3 – Braden Hughes

8 – Brett Lernout

9 – Nelson Nogier

11 – Macklin Pichonsky

55 – Kaelan Wall

14 - Sebastien Barrette

16 – Drake Bodie

17 - Nick Gomerich

18 - Kyle Haas

21 – Wyatt Hinson

23 – Travis McEvoy

24 – Hudson Morrison

28 – Ryan Pruden

32 – Austin Scanks

33 – Luc Soares

37 – Christian Stockl

38 – Nick Zajac

1 – Ryan Rewerts

30 – Adam Todd

Team White

2 - Devan Fafard

3 – Ross Hnidy

8 – Clayton Kirichenko

9 – Brett Magee

11 – Bradley Reichardt

55 – Spencer Trapp

14 – Carson Boehm

16 – Keaton Golinowski

17 – Ryan Graham

18 – Landyn Hickmott

21 – Connor Kortko

23 – Damien Kulynych

24 – Linden Penner

28 – Evan Polei

32 – Alex Smith

33 – Dylan Stang

37 – Brett Stovin

38 – Cody Young

1 – Ryan Miner

30 – Alex Moodie

hotdog-pocket
08-27-2011, 06:22 PM
I've been disappointed by two guys who I expected to make the team, both Stovin and Morrison.

Both guys played some time with the team last year but haven't shown a lot in camp.

Trav
08-27-2011, 06:55 PM
I've been disappointed by two guys who I expected to make the team, both Stovin and Morrison.

Both guys played some time with the team last year but haven't shown a lot in camp.

They've been more noticeable then Bews and Elliott.

hotdog-pocket
08-27-2011, 08:59 PM
They've been more noticeable then Bews and Elliott.

Not even close. Elliott actually looks much improved. Faster and slimmer. Bews is also more experienced and quicker, you can tell. He's made some nice moves so far and was actually driving the net....which is new to him.

Both Morrison and Stovin were totally invisible, especially Stovin.

Trav
08-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Not even close. Elliott actually looks much improved. Faster and slimmer. Bews is also more experienced and quicker, you can tell. He's made some nice moves so far and was actually driving the net....which is new to him.

Both Morrison and Stovin were totally invisible, especially Stovin.

Well not sure what games u were watching then lol.

hotdog-pocket
08-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Well not sure what games u were watching then lol.

All of them

Trav
08-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Well then we can agree to disagree then on our opinions on the players lol.

lordstanley
08-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Looks like this Polei kid is a steal he potted a hat trick today with his team winning 4-3 in OT in the intersquad game

When was Polei drafted in the 11th or 12 round wow :clap:

The-Stove
08-28-2011, 04:37 PM
That Swystun kid needs to be listed, if the Blades don't then I dunno, yeah he's small and light but the guy skates very well and doesn't get caught out of position to much, with developing he could turn in to another Stephan Mann.

He is going to the Red Deer Camp and sees how he does there before going back to school to play football and play for one of the Saskatoon Junior teams. He has worked his ass off since not getting drafted in June.

chalk_one_up
08-28-2011, 10:48 PM
I see Kaelen Wall made the intrasquad team, but where was Statchuk?

lordstanley
08-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Yeah good question where was he all i know is they arent making anymore cuts until next saturday night

lostsheep
08-29-2011, 09:44 AM
:groovy:So only a couple of days to pre season games how do you guys think the rosters will look? and were there any suprises in camp. i wasnt there but it looked like a spirited group. Even Lorne looks refreshed, and ready to go. I cant wait see you in P.A.

auch07
08-29-2011, 09:47 AM
I am considering making the trip to PA with the kids for the preseason game....will see how things go tomorrow and decide from there. Anyone else here looking at goin up there?

hotdog-pocket
08-29-2011, 10:22 AM
I see Kaelen Wall made the intrasquad team, but where was Statchuk?

He's a guy that they've always liked but I think that he has always been leaning towards going the school route as opposed to the WHL route. He wasn't on the cut list but wasn't in the game so I bet he chose not to play with the Blades.

lordstanley
08-29-2011, 10:52 AM
More Blades cuts today now the team is down to 34 skaters

Forwards left
Dziurzynski
Nicholls
Trask
Benson
Stransky
Collins
Olsen
Sutter
Bews
Elliott
Daae
Stovin
Bodie
Penner
Graham
Hickmott
Stockl
Zajac
Haas
McEvoy
Morrison
Stang

Defense left
Siemens
Deitz
Thrower
Cox
Stipancik
Lernout
Fafard
Pichonsky

Goalies left
Morrison
Makarov
Todd
Johnson

Only 2 15 year olds left are
Hickmott
Graham

Trav
08-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Statchuk mite have left camp, the Blades website says their down to 34 players with 8 dmen includedi

lordstanley
08-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Statchuk mite have left camp, the Blades website says their down to 34 players with 8 dmen includedi

Well if thats the case your pretty much looking at what our defense will be this year maybe 1 more cut and baring any trades there it is

Trav
08-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Well I hope Lernout makes it, I've been really impressed with him, hasn't look out of place and the guy is a listed player as well, gotta commend the scouting staff for finding some of these good young players

hotdog-pocket
08-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Anyone making the trip to PA? I thought about it, but will just listen on PA Radio instead.

The roster for the game is up online and it does in fact look like Statchuk isn't with the team anymore.

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/saskatoon-kicks-off-exhibition-schedule

auch07
08-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Me and my girls are gonna be going. If you come look for the guy with a 9 yr old and 4 yr old wearing their Blades blue. I have never taken them to a game not at CUC so I figured why not.

auch07
08-31-2011, 04:48 PM
On second thought given that roster....lol....nvm.

hotdog-pocket
09-01-2011, 04:34 PM
A few roster moves today.

The team signed both Graham and Hickmott. I really liked the look of Graham.

Also reassigned him today. Back to midget in Calgary for him.

Trav
09-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Was really impressed with Hickmott in tonight's game, he looked pretty good out on the ice and scored a nice goal. Hard to believe he's a third round pick.

hotdog-pocket
09-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Hickmott looks like a steal to me as well. The goal he scored was a nhl shot roof. I really like the way Haas plays as well. Who is your pick for backup this year ? they both looked real solid tonight. I wish the Raiders would have dressed a couple vets to keep it interesting .

Well, as you should know the Blades still have two other goalies in Morrison and Makarov so the two who played last night or simply depth at this point.

With that being said, Morrison looks to be the odd man out in the entire situation moving forward.

I still think Johnson should be the guy they go with but it will end up being Todd and Makarov, mark my words.

wango tango
09-04-2011, 01:31 PM
liked stockl, zajac, and haas for the rookies. both johnson and todd looked fine in net. you could definitely tell who the vets were, when they were on the ice. wasn't overly impressed by fafard.

lordstanley
09-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Well, as you should know the Blades still have two other goalies in Morrison and Makarov so the two who played last night or simply depth at this point.

With that being said, Morrison looks to be the odd man out in the entire situation moving forward.

I still think Johnson should be the guy they go with but it will end up being Todd and Makarov, mark my words.

I bet you any money Lorne keeps Morrison untill the october 10th 20 year old deadline day if Morrison has **** the bed by that point then he's gone if he is playing like stanford did then who knows

hotdog-pocket
09-04-2011, 02:38 PM
liked stockl, zajac, and haas for the rookies. both johnson and todd looked fine in net. you could definitely tell who the vets were, when they were on the ice. wasn't overly impressed by fafard.

Not sure how you couldn't have been impressed by Fafard. He looked very good. He's clearly the best option right now in regards to newcomers on the blueline. Lernout wasn't bad last night per say, but he's still a step or two behind where Fafard is.

hotdog-pocket
09-04-2011, 02:41 PM
I bet you any money Lorne keeps Morrison untill the october 10th 20 year old deadline day if Morrison has **** the bed by that point then he's gone if he is playing like stanford did then who knows

Yeah, it's pretty clear that this team could carry 3 goalies for quite some time. I just think if the right deal is on the table and it includes Morrison, Lorne won't wait around.

lordstanley
09-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Not sure how you couldn't have been impressed by Fafard. He looked very good. He's clearly the best option right now in regards to newcomers on the blueline. Lernout wasn't bad last night per say, but he's still a step or two behind where Fafard is.

To me Pichonsky has the 6th spot so lorne will carry a extra dman, let the battle between lernout and fafard continue !

hotdog-pocket
09-04-2011, 03:09 PM
To me Pichonsky has the 6th spot so lorne will carry a extra dman, let the battle between lernout and fafard continue !

It will be Pichonsky and Fafard, although Pichonsky's injury is worrisome. It always hurts young guys at this time of year to not be able to play against their peers and slowly get more comfortable against tougher competition.

lordstanley
09-04-2011, 03:44 PM
The only thing that may keep Lernout around is that he shoots Right the only other 2 are Deitz and Thrower Molleken loves to have his pairings left right left right only time will tell

Trav
09-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I think the Blades could use a 20 yr old blueliner, allowing Lernout and Pichorsky to go back and play a year of midget AAA, remember they were playing AA last year, the Blades can then use Fafard as the 7th d-man.

In net, Johnson and Todd are both capable of being the backup in my opiinon. Johnson seemed kinda shaky at the start of the game but calmed down after awhile. If Makarov ****s the bed then the Blades are in trouble in net. Morrison isn't starting material, he never was.

lordstanley
09-04-2011, 07:12 PM
I hope they don't keep Fafard i haven't liked 1 thing out of the kid

Trav
09-04-2011, 07:26 PM

Well they might have to get two d-men then. Lernout should only be on the team if he's the 6th d-man. A 16 yr old d-man should not be 7th on the depth chart. Let them go back to midget AAA and play on a regular shift.

hotdog-pocket
09-05-2011, 02:18 PM

Facepalm. He's been very solid.

hotdog-pocket
09-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Shocking, Lernout got the snips....

Trav
09-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Would've been nice to have seen him make the team but he's only 16 and with a year of midget AAA he can go back play a regular shift then come back next year and be a 6th d-man.

I have a feeling there might be a trade coming up though and possibly for a veteran d-man. Word has it, there were Blades scouts at a Chiefs game on the weekend.

hotdog-pocket
09-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Would've been nice to have seen him make the team but he's only 16 and with a year of midget AAA he can go back play a regular shift then come back next year and be a 6th d-man.

I have a feeling there might be a trade coming up though and possibly for a veteran d-man. Word has it, there were Blades scouts at a Chiefs game on the weekend.

Lorne wasn't even coaching the last game on Saturday night if you didn't notice. Apparently they said on the radio that he was out West scouting...so yeah, I would say a trade is close.

lordstanley
09-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Facepalm. He's been very solid.

Yes i was wrong but i still say Lernout has a brighter future than Fafard congrats to fafard for making it this far though :p

lordstanley
09-05-2011, 05:58 PM

So maybe there is more to that Cole Hamblin being on the Blades roster last week than we give credit for, maybe the deal fell through last second and they are working out the kinks in person.

hotdog-pocket
09-06-2011, 09:31 AM
So maybe there is more to that Cole Hamblin being on the Blades roster last week than we give credit for, maybe the deal fell through last second and they are working out the kinks in person.

No, it was simply a roster mistake. Like ppl said at the time...it happend to a bunch of teams that same day.

hotdog-pocket
09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Here's how I see things shaking down:

- Morrison is traded for a bottom pairing dman and a mid round bantam pick in 2012 or 2013.

Dziurzynski - Benson - Nicholls
Collins - Olsen - Trask
Elliott - Sutter - Stransky
Haas - McEvoy - Bews

Extra's Daae, Stovin

Siemens - Dietz
Cox - Thrower
Stipancik - New Guy

Extra Fafard

Makarov
Todd

twentyone
09-06-2011, 01:00 PM
I hate to break it but Morrison won't fetch too much back in a trade. Not too many guys are looking for a 20 yr old who has never been a starter. Nor are they looking for a 20 year back up. I think Lorne will sacrifice some more draft picks for a depth defencemen and or a checking forward. That was a fault last year I thought was the fact our checking line was so young.

twentyone
09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Here's how I see things shaking down:

- Morrison is traded for a bottom pairing dman and a mid round bantam pick in 2012 or 2013.

Dziurzynski - Benson - Nicholls
Collins - Olsen - Trask
Elliott - Sutter - Stransky
Haas - McEvoy - Bews

Extra's Daae, Stovin

Siemens - Dietz
Cox - Thrower
Stipancik - New Guy

Extra Fafard

Makarov
Todd

I see the following shaping up:

Dziurzynski Benson Nicholls (Develop chemistry for next year)
Collins Olsen Stransky (Develop Chemistry for next year)
Elliot Trask Bews
(Checking Vet) Sutter Penner

Extras - Haas McEvoy

Siemens Dietz
Cox Thrower
Stipancik (Vet depth)

Extra Fafard

Makarov
Johnson

lordstanley
09-06-2011, 01:29 PM
I see the following shaping up:

Dziurzynski Benson Nicholls (Develop chemistry for next year)
Collins Olsen Stransky (Develop Chemistry for next year)
Elliot Trask Bews
(Checking Vet) Sutter Penner

Extras - Haas McEvoy

Siemens Dietz
Cox Thrower
Stipancik (Vet depth)

Extra Fafard

Makarov
Johnson

2 things the Dziurzynski line develope chemistry for next year ? well Dziurzynski will be gone by then. as for the extra depth on defense i would give it to Pichonsky, Fafard is just no good in my books, i do agree that Morrison wont fetch much in a trade.

Lorne Molleken was in Vancouver over the weekend scouting the Giants Blazers game maybe there is a trade in the works. If you look at it we have 7 dmen left right now and Siemens and Deitz are gone later this week with NHL camps, so that leaves only 5 guys for preseason games not enough at all.

lordstanley
09-06-2011, 01:32 PM
My opening day lineup

Dziurzynski Benson Stransky
Nicholls Sutter Trask
Collins Olsen Bews
Elliott McAvoy Haas
Stovin

Siemens Deitz
Thrower Cox
Stipancik Vet dman
Pichonsky

Morrison stays untill oct 10th deadline
Makarov

wango tango
09-06-2011, 04:01 PM
have seen some of camp and the one preseason game. this team to succeed this year is going to have to be a harder working group. they won't be able to coast on talent. they're going to have to dig more, pay the price in the crease to score some tough goals.

haven't been too impressed by any of the new kids on defense. more impressed by some of the new guys at forward.

lordstanley
09-06-2011, 05:13 PM
have seen some of camp and the one preseason game. this team to succeed this year is going to have to be a harder working group. they won't be able to coast on talent. they're going to have to dig more, pay the price in the crease to score some tough goals.

haven't been too impressed by any of the new kids on defense. more impressed by some of the new guys at forward.

I agree and perhaps Lorne has released a little to many defense, cause as it stands now were only gonna have 4 defense for Saturday night with Deitz and Siemens away and Pichonsky still hurt

hotdog-pocket
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM
I've heard that both Dietz and Siemens will be here for the weekend game so Lorne must know theres no rush.

lordstanley
09-06-2011, 10:02 PM
I've heard that both Dietz and Siemens will be here for the weekend game so Lorne must know theres no rush.

Hmm weird i heard oposite lets hope they are here for atleast 1 more game and Lorne can go out and get a vet dman

Ok i just checked and Colorados rookie camp opens up on Sunday the 11th same as Deitz so I'm not sure Lorne will play them on Saturday knowing they leave early the next morning for there NHL camps

If he does play them they may get 10 mins each wich is fine with me

wango tango
09-08-2011, 01:14 PM
the blades have reassigned johnson.

leaves todd, morrison, and makarov in goal.

guessing if the team can find a good place for morrison he'll be dealt.

todd and makarov in net isn't bad. young but talented duo, with morrison in the back pocket should either falter during the rest of the preseason.

wango tango
09-08-2011, 01:28 PM
still think the team should make a trade to help the defense.

dietz, siemens, cox, and thrower are a pretty good top four. can a deal be made to add a dman with experience who can play decent minutes, but not have to carry the team? doesn't need to be an elite d. wanted one experienced stay at home third pairing defenceman. which teams have an abundance of d? brandon seems to in the east, vancouver in the west.

Bladesguy
09-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Makarov does look good, but you can not rely on him until you see him in game action.

Morrison is a solid goalie, but he is not going to take you anywhere. Especially since he is 20 and we are trying to build for next year. There are a few teams out there that could use a veteran goalie who might try to make a run this year.

It is clear that we need at least one defenceman if not two with Siemer probably gone for the first few games. I believe that there will be a trade fo a dman and morrison will be apart of it.

scruffy1
09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Lorne whould get roasted it the trade with Kelly didn't look totally one sided

hotdog-pocket
09-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Lorne whould get roasted it the trade with Kelly didn't look totally one sided

What?

lordstanley
09-08-2011, 08:08 PM
What?

Thats what i thought too lol

PJ Awesome
09-09-2011, 02:50 AM
Morrison is a solid goalie, but he is not going to take you anywhere. Especially since he is 20 and we are trying to build for next year. There are a few teams out there that could use a veteran goalie who might try to make a run this year.

Honestly, from what I've seen from Morrison throughout the years - I haven't been very impressed, I would like to see Markov getting the majority of the games this year.

lordstanley
09-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Honestly, from what I've seen from Morrison throughout the years - I haven't been very impressed, I would like to see Markov getting the majority of the games this year.

If you go read Rod Pedersons blog today he said next season dean Brockman of the Humboldt Broncoes will join the Blades my guess is Lorne will just be the GM and Dean being the head coach

lordstanley
09-09-2011, 09:18 AM
If you go read Rod Pedersons blog today he said next season dean Brockman of the Humboldt Broncoes will join the Blades my guess is Lorne will just be the GM and Dean being the head coach

But do you really do that if you have a chance to host a mem cup ? bringing in a new coach having to teach new systems, and a new guy the vets have to get use to very fast, not sure next year should be the year for that.

hotdog-pocket
09-09-2011, 09:40 AM

Rod is often wrong on things like this, just like he is in this case.

If the Blades do in fact win the Mem Cup bid, Lorne will no doubt be the coach. You can't simply bring in a new coach to teach new systems in such an important year.

I've also heard that if it wasn't just for this Mem Cup bid coming to fruition, Lorne would've handed off the coaching reigns for THIS SEASON.

That duty would have gone to Dave Struch too, not someone new to the organization.

Trav
09-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Relax, Rod said it's a rumor, he never said it was happening and if it does then good. Molleken should have stepped down already, no offense to him but there should b one GM and one head coach IMO.

lordstanley
09-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Relax, Rod said it's a rumor, he never said it was happening and if it does then good. Molleken should have stepped down already, no offense to him but there should b one GM and one head coach IMO.

Oh i'm relaxed lol and you my friend are completley wrong Lorne has the best coach the Blades have ever had the numbers don't lie yeah maybe we choke in the playoffs but no other coach woulda got us past Kootenay last year

Trav
09-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Lol I'm wrong? I'm stating my opinion dumbass. I gotta ask u this, since u just said the Blades choke in the playoffs which they do, what makes u think they won't choke in the Memorial Cup? Having a new coach with new ideas mite help the tean finally get over the hump.

Molleken is a good coach BUT I think McCrimmon even though he was here for a short time was a better coach.

lordstanley
09-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Lol I'm wrong? I'm stating my opinion dumbass. I gotta ask u this, since u just said the Blades choke in the playoffs which they do, what makes u think they won't choke in the Memorial Cup? If they're even going to b hosting it which I doubt they will b.

Molleken is a good coach BUT I think McCrimmon even though he was here for a short time was a better coach.

You have your own opinion even though i don't agree with it, KASE KLOSED now lets move on

hotdog-pocket
09-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Lol I'm wrong? I'm stating my opinion dumbass. I gotta ask u this, since u just said the Blades choke in the playoffs which they do, what makes u think they won't choke in the Memorial Cup? Having a new coach with new ideas mite help the tean finally get over the hump.

Dumbass?

Jesus, this place is full of messed up people who tend to overreact about everything.

hotdog-pocket
09-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Blades dumped Swift 3-0 tonight. Nice to see the goalies get in some real action and excel. 36 saves combined.

Trav
09-10-2011, 10:31 AM
My roster prediction

Goaltenders

Makarov
Todd

Forwards

Benson
Collins
Trask
Stransky
Benson
Dziurzynski - If he's gone then another overage forward
Nicholls
Sutter
Stockl
Olsen
A. Elliott
Stovin
Haas
Bews

Defense

Siemens
Dietz
Thrower
Cox
Stimpancik
- New d-man
- New d-man

Hopefully Molleken can pull of some trades and get some veteran d-men in.

PJ Awesome
09-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Good to see Makarov stop all 19 shots on him last night, looking forward to seeing him this season

lordstanley
09-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Blades cut 4 more players

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/saskatoon-blades-re-assign-four-players

now down to 3 goalies 6 defense and 17 forwards

Yikes 6 defense obviously a trade is in the works for a vet dman or 2

PJ Awesome
09-10-2011, 07:43 PM
My guess is DD gets traded, MAYBE Nichols get's traded too, or even with him. You'd think we're gonna be giving up somebody big

lordstanley
09-10-2011, 07:49 PM
My guess is DD gets traded, MAYBE Nichols get's traded too, or even with him. You'd think we're gonna be giving up somebody big

I disagree the team will for sure not trade Nicholls there is a chance he could return as a 20 for the possible mem cup season, and Darian no way if anything we will add to get older on the backend, no team ever wants to trade all there good vets off and stumble into a possible year of hosting the memorial cup.

hotdog-pocket
09-10-2011, 08:09 PM

Why in the world would they trade either of them?

Z will provide a large amount of muscle, grit, goals and leadership this season with a very young roster.

Nicholls is going to lead the team in scoring and WILL be back as a 20 year old in a Mem Cup year.

Neither is going anywhere. What will happen is the team will either trade a couple picks for defenceman or trade Morrison for a defenceman.

Although I'm getting worried about Mo's overall trade value. Seems tough to move a 20 year old goalie who's never ever been a starter.

Trav
09-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Darian might not even be back as an overager. It wouldn't surprise me if he did make the AHL. He is good enough in my opinion.

It's going to be interesting to see what Molleken does, he has prospects to give but not a whole lot of picks to give and if the Blades do get to host the Memorial Cup in 2012, he's going to need good picks to add some top end players next year, he might not wanna give those picks up now for present help.

hotdog-pocket
09-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Darian might not even be back as an overager. It wouldn't surprise me if he did make the AHL. He is good enough in my opinion.

It's going to be interesting to see what Molleken does, he has prospects to give but not a whole lot of picks to give and if the Blades do get to host the Memorial Cup in 2012, he's going to need good picks to add some top end players next year, he might not wanna give those picks up now for present help.

Not if he is acquiring 17 or 18 year old current help.

Trav
09-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Not if he is acquiring 17 or 18 year old current help.

Depends who it is. Can't see teams wanting to give up good young d-men right now before the season starts. Not sure I'd wanna gamble on a young unproven d-man as well if it meant giving up a high pick.

hotdog-pocket
09-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Depends who it is. Can't see teams wanting to give up good young d-men right now before the season starts. Not sure I'd wanna gamble on a young unproven d-man as well if it meant giving up a high pick.

There are definitely going to be 18 year old guys out there on the market that can be had for picks and or prospects. And at this point, it has to happen, so I expect something sooner rather than later.

Rye
09-10-2011, 11:30 PM
There are a couple teams that could use someone like Morrison. Perfect example is Moose Jaw, I'm not convinced they have a starter yet.

lordstanley
09-11-2011, 08:52 AM
There are a couple teams that could use someone like Morrison. Perfect example is Moose Jaw, I'm not convinced they have a starter yet.

Hey whats with the sudden change of logo's are you a Wheaties fan now or what ?

lostsheep
09-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Sorry guys but Z will be welcomed back with open arms. Darian is Lornes type of player with no question. Hard hitting, scores, fights, and plays for keeps. Yes he is good enough to play AHL, i feel one more year of domanence, oops development would be good for him and great for our team. Josh will be back again this year, maybe next, and will lead us greatl. The stumbing block for us seems to be in goal. As much as i would like to see Mo come in and stand tall for us im not sure he can handle the full load. Much impoved last year, but might not be enough. We need to start to develop our goalies, Todd has been around for 3 camps if im not mistaken, when do we give him a chance at the next level. Young players really need that type of exposure to prove they are ready, and if they are not the one then its time to move on.

Trav
09-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Sorry guys but Z will be welcomed back with open arms. Darian is Lornes type of player with no question. Hard hitting, scores, fights, and plays for keeps. Yes he is good enough to play AHL, i feel one more year of domanence, oops development would be good for him and great for our team. Josh will be back again this year, maybe next, and will lead us greatl. The stumbing block for us seems to be in goal. As much as i would like to see Mo come in and stand tall for us im not sure he can handle the full load. Much impoved last year, but might not be enough. We need to start to develop our goalies, Todd has been around for 3 camps if im not mistaken, when do we give him a chance at the next level. Young players really need that type of exposure to prove they are ready, and if they are not the one then its time to move on.

You may wanna look at the goaltending again. You forgot Makarov who was the best goaltender in camp and did well against the Broncos. He'll be fine and I'm pretty sure he'll be able to start. Todd has shown he can be a pretty decent backup.

lordstanley
09-11-2011, 09:32 AM
You may wanna look at the goaltending again. You forgot Makarov who was the best goaltender in camp and did well against the Broncos. He'll be fine and I'm pretty sure he'll be able to start. Todd has shown he can be a pretty decent backup.

It's no secret that Morrison has been your least favorite Blades probably in the last 10 years or so it's not like his numbers have been pure crap the only reason why i wouldn't keep Morrison is because of his age had he been 19 slam dunk you keep him

Trav
09-11-2011, 12:31 PM
It's no secret that Morrison has been your least favorite Blades probably in the last 10 years or so it's not like his numbers have been pure crap the only reason why i wouldn't keep Morrison is because of his age had he been 19 slam dunk you keep him

Lol, dude I don't like anyone that's been inconsistent their whole WHL career practically. It's funny how whenever I'm critical of him your always the one that's defending him. Why do you like him so much? He's had two opportunities to win the starting job and lost out both times and is about to lose a third time. His numbers haven't been crap although when you look at the team he's been on the last two years his numbers should've been better. The team played better in front of Stanford then they did in front of Morrison for a reason, more confidence in Stanford.

The Blades gave up a third rounder to get Makarov so it's quite obvious that they don't think Morrison can be a full time starter.

If Morrison was a consistent goaltender then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Rye
09-11-2011, 03:23 PM
I like Morrison, he's a good kid but he just hasn't played like he should. There have been games throughout the seasons where I though he could easily be a starter but that was turned around by inconsistency. He's a good goalie but every year since Holtby left they have offered him up the starter spot but he hasn't been able to grab it. He was dropped by the Flyers too so that's saying something as well.

Since he's a 20 yr old and they picked up Makarov, I think it's time for them to get whatever they can for him. Hate to see him go but it's time for a change.

Rye
09-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Hey whats with the sudden change of logo's are you a Wheaties fan now or what ?

Better? :p

lostsheep
09-11-2011, 04:20 PM
um... i thought i said i wasnt sure Mo could handle the load? i for sure do not think we should enter the season with out having a young back up. So if its time to let go of Mo then so be it. His play was improved last year but like we have all said hes just not quite starter material ( sorry ). With the younger team, the players to have a soild player in net to bale them out when they make a mistake. Sorry if i wasnt clear enough last time.

Trav
09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
um... i thought i said i wasnt sure Mo could handle the load? i for sure do not think we should enter the season with out having a young back up. So if its time to let go of Mo then so be it. His play was improved last year but like we have all said hes just not quite starter material ( sorry ). With the younger team, the players to have a soild player in net to bale them out when they make a mistake. Sorry if i wasnt clear enough last time.

Going by your previous post, you mentioned just Morrison and Todd and not Makarov so it seemed like you were going with a Morrison-Todd duo so thats why I brought up Makarov's name.

fro14
09-11-2011, 05:35 PM
where is brayden schenn did he get cut? or released? i thought he played good last year....

Rye
09-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Really? I thought he was terrible ...

fro14
09-11-2011, 05:49 PM
did he get cut by the blades? or is he just not playing hockey anymore?....

lordstanley
09-11-2011, 05:58 PM

Tell me your kidding by this post ?

saskatoonman
09-11-2011, 09:04 PM

hahaahhaa

lostsheep
09-12-2011, 07:12 AM
LOL thats too funny, if miracles could happen Schenn, Elliott, and Hamilton all come back, wouldnt that be good for our team! But i cant wait to see our former player progress and fofill thier dreams too;)

PJ Awesome
09-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Speaking of, what are the chances we see Hamilton back this year...my girlfriend wants to know..facepalm

lordstanley
09-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Speaking of, what are the chances we see Hamilton back this year...my girlfriend wants to know..facepalm

tell her anywhere from 5% to 10% he comes back

hotdog-pocket
09-12-2011, 04:55 PM
If he happens to come back, which could happen, he won't even step foot in Saskatoon. He'll be dealt in no time.

lordstanley
09-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Trade wise obviously you wont see a Schenn kind of return think more of the lines of what Regina got back for Carter Ashton

PJ Awesome
09-13-2011, 02:31 PM
So what's the roster lookin' like, guys?

lordstanley
09-13-2011, 02:53 PM
preseason roster *UPDATED*

Forwards
Olsen
Sutter
Bews
Elliott
Trask
Haas
Daae
Zajac
McEvoy
Stockl
Stovin
H.Morrison

Defense
Thrower
Cox
Stipancik
Fafard

Goalies
Morrison
Makarov
Todd

AT NHL CAMPS
(D) Siemens
(D) Deitz
(F) Collins
(F) Benson
(F) Stransky
(F) Nicholls
(F) Dziurzynski

PJ Awesome
09-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Odd how the Blades and WHL websites list Tommy Stip as number 24

lordstanley
09-13-2011, 03:27 PM

Thats what he wore last season maybe he will stick with a new number who knows

hotdog-pocket
09-14-2011, 03:24 PM

Why's that odd? That's what number he wears.

lordstanley
09-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Why's that odd? That's what number he wears.

I thought it was too lol i haven't been to a preseason game yet is he still wearing 24 i'm assuming so

PJ Awesome
09-14-2011, 03:51 PM
For some reason, I thought number 24 was retired..

lordstanley
09-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Blades have reassigned goaltender Adam Todd to his junior team and are now down too 2 goaltenders Adam Morrison and Andrej Makarov this is not set in stone however

Blades are now left with 2 Goalies 6 Defense and 17 Forwards

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-re-assign-adam-todd

hotdog-pocket
09-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Kind of surprised by the announcement of Todd being re-assigned. He played well.

Guess either the return for Morrison wasn't going to be good enough for Lorne to pull the trigger.

Trav
09-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Well this move only makes sense if the Blades are getting another goaltender (maybe Anderson?)

lordstanley
09-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Kind of surprised by the announcement of Todd being re-assigned. He played well.

Guess either the return for Morrison wasn't going to be good enough for Lorne to pull the trigger.

Thing is Todd hasn't seen his last days in stoon yet Lorne may wait untill the October 10th wich is the 20 year old deadline day if he trades Morrison by then Todd could be back this doesn't mean all that much yet

And plsu i'm sure Lorne wanted todd to go back and start school untill he figures what he wants to do with his goalie situation

lordstanley
09-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Well this move only makes sense if the Blades are getting another goaltender (maybe Anderson?)

yeah cause Anderson is a stud and a huge improvement over morrison the only thing anderson has going for him is that he's a year younger

Trav
09-14-2011, 05:50 PM
yeah cause Anderson is a stud and a huge improvement over morrison the only thing anderson has going for him is that he's a year younger

Whose saying he's a stud?

hotdog-pocket
09-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Thing is Todd hasn't seen his last days in stoon yet Lorne may wait untill the October 10th wich is the 20 year old deadline day if he trades Morrison by then Todd could be back this doesn't mean all that much yet

And plsu i'm sure Lorne wanted todd to go back and start school untill he figures what he wants to do with his goalie situation

I guarantee you that his mind is made up now that he has sent Todd back. If he intended of keeping Todd at all this year, he would still be here...practicing with the team...facing WHL situations on a day to day basis.

And it's not about school. These kids that have stuck around with the team all start school as soon as it starts, which was the week surrounding training camp. Todd was in school, he wasn't sitting around doing nothing. He would have been in school with the rest of his teammates here in Saskatoon. So that's not even close to the reason for this move.

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Brent Benson has been returned from his tryout in Carolina. He had 1 assist in 4 games played in Traverse City.

Chris Collins has been returned from the Phoenix Coyotes rookie camp.

Duncan Siemens (Col), Josh Nicholls (Tor) and Darian Dziurzynski (PHX) have all moved on to their respective main camps.

No word as of early this morning on whether Darren Dietz and Matej Stransky will be moving from rookie to main camps at this point.

I'll keep you posted.

hotdog-pocket
09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Brent Benson has been returned from his tryout in Carolina. He had 1 assist in 4 games played in Traverse City.

Chris Collins has been returned from the Phoenix Coyotes rookie camp.

Duncan Siemens (Col), Josh Nicholls (Tor) and Darian Dziurzynski (PHX) have all moved on to their respective main camps.

No word as of early this morning on whether Darren Dietz and Matej Stransky will be moving from rookie to main camps at this point.

I'll keep you posted.

Dietz is headed to main camp with MtL

Stransky is headed back to Saskatoon

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Wonder if Stransky Collins and Benson will play tomorrow ? or get a extra days rest and play Saturday time will tell

Hotdogpocket where did you find out about stransky and deitz i can't seem to find info on montreals or dallas's website

hotdog-pocket
09-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Wonder if Stransky Collins and Benson will play tomorrow ? or get a extra days rest and play Saturday time will tell

Hotdogpocket where did you find out about stransky and deitz i can't seem to find info on montreals or dallas's website

Sources.

I know the Habs are very high on Dietz and that they will more than likely give him a longer look than for a normal 5th rounder.

Stransky struggled in rookie camp, despite scoring some points, so I fully understand that he will be back too.

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Sources.

I know the Habs are very high on Dietz and that they will more than likely give him a longer look than for a normal 5th rounder.

Stransky struggled in rookie camp, despite scoring some points, so I fully understand that he will be back too.

Thats cool thanks for the update, my sources just told me that stransky is back and also good on deitz !!

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Stransky did NOT struggle at the Traverse City tournament. I was able to watch a streaming game of them on different occasions and in both games he was outstanding and picked up points both times. So in my opinion, you don't have any concrete evidence to back up your notion that he has been returned.

In the case of Darren Dietz, the Canadiens were very high on him entering camp but nothing has been really said of him in rookie camp thus far. However in saying that, he has taken a huge step in his development so far and it wouldn't at all be surprising if he is given a longer look.

Once again, I will keep you all posted.

hotdog-pocket
09-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Stransky did NOT struggle at the Traverse City tournament. I was able to watch a streaming game of them on different occasions and in both games he was outstanding and picked up points both times. So in my opinion, you don't have any concrete evidence to back up your notion that he has been returned.

In the case of Darren Dietz, the Canadiens were very high on him entering camp but nothing has been really said of him in rookie camp thus far. However in saying that, he has taken a huge step in his development so far and it wouldn't at all be surprising if he is given a longer look.

Funny how you think you have some inside info.

I also watched Stransky's games and yes, he did struggle. His skating has been a work in progress and it continues to be. He looked clumsy and out of place on several occasions. Yes, he put up points like I said, but that doesn't always mean he played well.

You can have a terrible game and have a puck go off your shin pad for the winning goal. That doesn't make you the first star....

"I will keep you all posted".

lostsheep
09-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Has anyone heard how Randy Mcnaught did this year, I still would like to see him make it.

hotdog-pocket
09-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Still expecting the Blades to add a defenceman any time now. Hearing that something is close to being done for a 17 year old from the Central Division.

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Ok, I'm still pretty new here but I'm starting to get bothered by hotdog-pockets unfounded remarks.

He is telling a person who has watched the Traverse City tournament things that he has likely only heard through the grapevine. Stransky has played well, I'm standing by that. He plays a lot like Jagr in terms of style and it wouldn't surprise me if he put up 25 goals this season.

As for this 17 yr old defenseman from the Central Division, ok!

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Stransky has looked very very good from what i have seen in the traverse city games not sure what hotdo pocket isgettign at on this one

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Still expecting the Blades to add a defenceman any time now. Hearing that something is close to being done for a 17 year old from the Central Division.

Weird my sources have the Blades getting a 19 year old from the B.C div

hotdog-pocket
09-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Ok, I'm still pretty new here but I'm starting to get bothered by hotdog-pockets unfounded remarks.

He is telling a person who has watched the Traverse City tournament things that he has likely only heard through the grapevine. Stransky has played well, I'm standing by that. He plays a lot like Jagr in terms of style and it wouldn't surprise me if he put up 25 goals this season.

As for this 17 yr old defenseman from the Central Division, ok!

No, I said I watched the Traverse City tourney too, and yes, he looked a bit out of place. His skating is holding him back, as expected.

I agree that he's a similar player to Jagr...he protects the puck amazingly well, but until he improves his skating, he won't be able to use his best attributes which are his hands and his puck protection skills. I also agree that 25 goals would be a realistic accomplishment this season. I'm not saying he's a bad player, just that as an 18 year old, there are many 19-20's for Dallas that outshone him.

And it's actually an 18 year old defenceman that the Blades seem to be in on, not a 17....But yes, he's from the Central division

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 02:14 PM
No, I said I watched the Traverse City tourney too, and yes, he looked a bit out of place. His skating is holding him back, as expected.

I agree that he's a similar player to Jagr...he protects the puck amazingly well, but until he improves his skating, he won't be able to use his best attributes which are his hands and his puck protection skills. I also agree that 25 goals would be a realistic accomplishment this season. I'm not saying he's a bad player, just that as an 18 year old, there are many 19-20's for Dallas that outshone him.

And it's actually an 18 year old defenceman that the Blades seem to be in on, not a 17....But yes, he's from the Central division

His skating the problem ? what the heck are you watching his skating is his strong suit it's his puck handleing thats the problem, judging by last year he needs to have confidense in his linemates and to me he has done that so far

It is a 19 year old the blades are looking from the B.C maybe your sources are wrong mine is pretty high up lol

hotdog-pocket
09-15-2011, 02:19 PM
His skating the problem ? what the heck are you watching his skating is his strong suit it's his puck handleing thats the problem, judging by last year he needs to have confidense in his linemates and to me he has done that so far

It is a 19 year old the blades are looking from the B.C maybe your sources are wrong mine is pretty high up lol

Stransky's balance and slow feet out of the gate are the two biggest concerns scouts (including myself) have with his game. I saw him as a younger player at an event before he was a Blade and he looked much better...but that was before his growth spurt where he grew 2-3 inches. His co-ordination is still playing catchup in that regard, which is fine. It will come around.

And no, it's not a 19 year old BC division guy. I know they had been looking at one that fit that description but that never worked out.

The guy they are hoping to pull the trigger on is a right handed SK born dman by the sounds of it. Should fit in nicely on their backend as a 5 or 6.

Just interested to hear the asking price, which I haven't had confirmed yet.

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Stransky's balance and slow feet out of the gate are the two biggest concerns scouts (including myself) have with his game. I saw him as a younger player at an event before he was a Blade and he looked much better...but that was before his growth spurt where he grew 2-3 inches. His co-ordination is still playing catchup in that regard, which is fine. It will come around.

And no, it's not a 19 year old BC division guy. I know they had been looking at one that fit that description but that never worked out.

The guy they are hoping to pull the trigger on is a right handed SK born dman by the sounds of it. Should fit in nicely on their backend as a 5 or 6.

Just interested to hear the asking price, which I haven't had confirmed yet.

I'm glad to say we agree to disagree on both topics thats fine though thats what this board is here for

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Here is what I think judging from the last few comments we've all made on Stransky and the possible trade:

Matej Stransky
- His skating is good and his skating is bad but he plays like Jagr and older players did better than him in Dallas camp. We all saw different things from him in Traverse City, some saw good skating and play and others said skating is off and didn't play well. Seems like opinions on him are all over the map depending on the person! I don't think any one person could be considered right or wrong here.

Blades Defenseman Trade:
The Blades are getting a 17 or 18 yr old from the Central Division or a 19 yr old from the B.C. Division or maybe no trade at all.

Synopsis:
Nobody here has a clue what they are talking about and should just wait until Stransky comes back. He hasn't come back yet, despite what hotdog-pocket says. Also, until a trade happens, we should keep our mouths shut unless you want to through out a name if you are so certain!

hotdog-pocket
09-15-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm glad to say we agree to disagree on both topics thats fine though thats what this board is here for

Well maybe when the new trade gets approved and announced you will put some more faith in what I have to say....

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
hotdog-pocket = Cody Nicholet?

If not, I won't go by what anybody else, other than myself has to say on here right now.

sorry.

hotdog-pocket
09-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Here is what I think judging from the last few comments we've all made on Stransky and the possible trade:

Matej Stransky
- His skating is good and his skating is bad but he plays like Jagr and older players did better than him in Dallas camp. We all saw different things from him in Traverse City, some saw good skating and play and others said skating is off and didn't play well. Seems like opinions on him are all over the map depending on the person! I don't think any one person could be considered right or wrong here.

Blades Defenseman Trade:
The Blades are getting a 17 or 18 yr old from the Central Division or a 19 yr old from the B.C. Division or maybe no trade at all.

Synopsis:
Nobody here has a clue what they are talking about and should just wait until Stransky comes back. He hasn't come back yet, despite what hotdog-pocket says. Also, until a trade happens, we should keep our mouths shut unless you want to through out a name if you are so certain!

I've heard many names over the last couple of weeks, but the kid I'm hearing about now is Kyle Schmidt. I have decent sources around the league, including in Calgary, where he is playing.

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 02:27 PM
I've heard many names over the last couple of weeks, but the kid I'm hearing about now is Kyle Schmidt. I have decent sources around the league, including in Calgary, where he is playing.

If it is Kyle Schmidt wich i hope not he was a -36 last year and when i saw the kid play he looked like a pylon

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 02:33 PM
I heard a 19 from B.C but maybe there is a couple trades in the works

Trav
09-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Raiders get another d man for almost nothing and the blades still at 6 d men. Someone wake up molleken

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
read above. It looks like Kyle Schmidt from Calgary is coming. He had 37 points in 44 yr games as a 16 old in midget.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-15-2011, 02:51 PM
All rumors of any kind are BS until they are confirmed. Thats the oldest rule in the book.

Not sure how often the Pirate brothers have to be reminded of this. Especially since their 'sources' have an appalling track record to begin with.

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Pretty sure hotdog-pocket is the person who started the rumour.

Secondly, stick to the Patsies board.

Finally, I doubt you have any track record out all.

sorry.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-15-2011, 02:54 PM
lol

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Could it be possible that SAJ is on the Blades board trolling?

The beauty of this board compared to many others is that with separate boards per team, it should take away from this type of behaviour SAJ is portraying right now right SAJ?

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 03:00 PM
If you feel I am outside of my boundaries, perhaps you should inform a moderator and get their input.

otherwise, Im perfectly content discussing any topic I see fit.

Thats fine just don't bring other boards into this board and how they act KEEP IT CLEAN HERE

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 03:01 PM
There is no need for a moderator to be brought in. Just curious why you would come on a Blades board and start trolling by brining up the names of Pirate etc. It just doesn't make sence at all, unless you are trying to get a rise out of people.

You are allowed to post here and that is fine, just keep it to hockey if you do please.

Thank you.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I came here to make input, which I did. It's fruitless to bandy about names and then discredit others for their own speculation, when in reality that is what it all is; trading speculation.

And if you ask me, the only real way that mentioning Pirate could get a rise out of somebody would be if that same person, who we all know is a banned member of this board, was posting under another alias(something this same user has been removed for in the past for doing).

...Not to mention the hassling of another user, something Pirate would often attempt to do, isnt something encouraged on this board. Personally, I think you should be aware of that by now, if not only through trial and error, which is why I brought it up.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-15-2011, 03:22 PM
You are not a mod and you have no proof or evidence even if you think someone was another poster in the past it is not up to you to be the authority figure and police things, that is up to the mods

can you please stick to Hockey and let the past be the past quit butting your nose into something you shouldn't

It clearly not up to me, but proof is another story entirely.

All I will say is that anybody familiar with you two can pick out the posting styles without any effort. If the moderators let things slide, the onus at this point is moreso on you two to prove you can coexist without 'familiar' issues.

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Done deal my hats off to you HotDog Pocket i will admit i was wrong on this one Blades Traded for Kyle Schmidt

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Kyle Schmidt was a very good bantam and Midget hockey player. Taken 55th overall by the Calgary Hitmen, Schmidt is a player with decent skill, toughness and size.

I remember watching him with the Warman Wildcats bantam AA team playing with Jesse Forsberg and they were both forces on the ice every tournament.

As a 16 yr old with Beardy's in midget, Kyle put up 10-27-37 in 44 games.

Last year with Calgary, he had 10 points as a rookie. He is a nother player in that key 93 age group which will be important for the Blades if they host the MEM Cup next year. Schmidt will surprise many of you Blades fans.

I like the deal.

Western Elite
09-15-2011, 05:58 PM
http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=588594

Darian Dziurzynski having a strong camp.

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 07:10 PM
CTV news at 6 said benson and stransky are back but didn't mention anything about collins but i now see collins didn't crack there main training camp roster so those 3 guys should be playing at some point this weekend

lordstanley
09-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm getting more worried and worried we may have seen the last of Dziurzynski he has been amazing so far this preseason and could easily crack the AHL

Trav
09-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Like I said earlier wouldn't surprise me if he goes pro. Blades could b looking for one overager if not two. Wouldn't mind seeing a twenty yr old d man, especially if Siemens makes Colorado.

Western Elite
09-16-2011, 12:19 PM
According to Avs Pulse, Siemens is 50-50 to make the Avalanche this season and has already signed a contract. Dziurzynski hasn't signed yet so we'll see what happens there.

The whole point of a junior hockey program is to push the players on to pro careers. So if both Siemens and Dziurzynski move on this year, all the best to them!

lordstanley
09-16-2011, 12:46 PM
According to Avs Pulse, Siemens is 50-50 to make the Avalanche this season and has already signed a contract. Dziurzynski hasn't signed yet so we'll see what happens there.

The whole point of a junior hockey program is to push the players on to pro careers. So if both Siemens and Dziurzynski move on this year, all the best to them!

I'm gonna be a little greedy and wish they both come back, Dziurzynski could get 40 goals this year and Siemens probably will be the top dman in the league, losing both of them may make it tough to make the playoffs

lordstanley
09-16-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm gonna be a little greedy and wish they both come back, Dziurzynski could get 40 goals this year and Siemens probably will be the top dman in the league, losing both of them may make it tough to make the playoffs

Looks like the warriors did us in with the same amount of rookies yikes

Stockl has to make this team

Trav
09-16-2011, 10:23 PM
I'd keep both him and Zajac on the team, their putting points on the board and are doing better then some of the veterans by the looks of it. Gotta keep some young guys on the team.

lostsheep
09-17-2011, 09:31 AM
wow GREAT for the players still at NHL camps. That shows fans that we have had a great team for the last few years, and how its all about giving it your young players the chance. This year might be tougher but thats the way it goes I will support the team in any way i can to keep giving the players the oportunity to live thier dreams. On the selfish side i would LOVE to see all our eligible players return, what a team that would be. Just remember these young players need the support, and development that a large capacity crowd can give. there are lessons in a loss too. Im also a bit surprisd that Todd was sent back i thought maybe we would put some development time in with him this year.

hotdog-pocket
09-17-2011, 12:45 PM
50-50 that siemens makes the Colorado Avs? Not a chance. They have a fairly deep blue line and won't rush him just because he was a high pick.

I could see darian sticking though. Good luck to them all just the same! But I'm also greedy and want them back. But if anyone sticks it must be z.

Anyone know if collins is back for sure or if he will play along with benson and stransky tonight?

JMoney1988
09-17-2011, 08:48 PM
I would be more than happy if Marakov becomes our starting goaltender for the opener, what do you guys think, if that a fair assumption?

lordstanley
09-17-2011, 09:01 PM
I think give it to Morrison give him every opertunity to loose his job i can see Makarov starting the next night in P.A just my thoughts

PJ Awesome
09-17-2011, 09:17 PM
I'd like to see Makarov starting over Morrison aswell.

lordstanley
09-17-2011, 09:31 PM
Blades loose to moose jaw again tonight so the Tribe sweep the final weekend of preseason Makarov was pretty good tonight

Trav
09-17-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm for Makarov as well. He played good, only one goal he probably wished he had back, the third goal though Stipancik I believe it was, let his guy go by and score. That guy hasn't impressed me at all.

lordstanley
09-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Hmm Hamilton never cracked the oilers joey moss cup for today it's like a intersquad game makes me wonder if there sending him back to junior now

on team white there 12th forward is listed as TBA so maybe eh will take that spot just kinda strange to not see his name on there

lostsheep
09-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Makarov played well, our D were backing in a bit far, and some of the forwards have to remember to back check. Other than that we did ok! Zajak is playing way above what i had expected, and belongs on this team, if he keeps playing this way. we were very scrambly in our own zone and i hope this clears up with some regular time together. Very nice to see Thrower playing solid as usual, a calming presence. Bews palyed better than he did all last year, as he should. Maybe he has a place as long as he keeps his feet moving. If Hamilton comes back does he play here or get used as trade bait for some younger talent? I hope he playes here.

lordstanley
09-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Makarov played well, our D were backing in a bit far, and some of the forwards have to remember to back check. Other than that we did ok! Zajak is playing way above what i had expected, and belongs on this team, if he keeps playing this way. we were very scrambly in our own zone and i hope this clears up with some regular time together. Very nice to see Thrower playing solid as usual, a calming presence. Bews palyed better than he did all last year, as he should. Maybe he has a place as long as he keeps his feet moving. If Hamilton comes back does he play here or get used as trade bait for some younger talent? I hope he playes here.

with 17 forwards left 7 rookies up front trying to earn a spot 3 I'm sure will earn a spot to bring it to 14 this is how i see it shaping up

Daae : CUT
Stovin : MAKES IT

Morrison : CUT
Haas : MAKES IT
Stockl :MAKES IT
Zajac :MAKES IT
McEvoy : CUT

A.Elliotts job not safe either

Dziurzynski Trask Nicholls
Stransky Benson Collins
Bews Olsen Stovin
Elliott Sutter Zajac
Haas Stockl

Siemens Deitz
Thrower Cox
Schmidt Stipancik
Fafard

Morrison
Makarov

Western Elite
09-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Hamilton isn't coming back. The Oilers dressed many veterans for this Blue/White game and sprinkled in some rookies. A lot of the rookies will be watching in the stands and continue action tomorrow.

reims
09-18-2011, 11:38 AM
yes did some searching about hamilton, and he is injured, he is sitting out the intrasquad, he tweaked his knee. I highly doubt he is returned to the blades.

hotdog-pocket
09-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Mcevoy Stockl and Zajac will all make it. I think haas is going home along with daae Morrison and maybe even Elliott. Still not sure about Stovin but I think he stays or gets traded.

lordstanley
09-18-2011, 06:02 PM
The only reason Lorne will keep McEvoy is because he's a center Blades are a little thin up the middle this year, even though i haven't really cared for his game all that much, as for Haas he has tailed off the last 2 games after a strong start

How about the heart and soul with stockl wow, the guy never quits on anything

Trav
09-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Daae was invisible last night, Elliott didn't notice him much either. When I saw a guy skating pretty hard after the puck, it was always #17 Zajac. If he doesn't make the team then "WOW".

lordstanley
09-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Daae was invisible last night, Elliott didn't notice him much either. When I saw a guy skating pretty hard after the puck, it was always #17 Zajac. If he doesn't make the team then "WOW".

Zajac is gonna be a fan favorite in no time he is a little buzzsaw out therei agree if he doesn't make it i'm shocked

lostsheep
09-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Well Daae was invisible because he was sitting beside me in the stands.LOL . I dont notice Stockl as mush as some guys are talking about. Zajack is a keeper. Haas need to focus on playing the game, not so much on the scraps. after one game Schmitt seems to fit in well, i hope with regular ice time the give aways go away. Over all a good group that will need the help from our vets that are at other camps

lordstanley
09-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Well Daae was invisible because he was sitting beside me in the stands.LOL . I dont notice Stockl as mush as some guys are talking about. Zajack is a keeper. Haas need to focus on playing the game, not so much on the scraps. after one game Schmitt seems to fit in well, i hope with regular ice time the give aways go away. Over all a good group that will need the help from our vets that are at other camps

I guess thats Travs answer about Daae then lol

Trav
09-18-2011, 08:33 PM

Lol guess that'd explain why I didn't see Daae but even still, he hasn't done a whole lot when he's been on the ice and is being outplayed by two 16 yr olds. IMO an 18 yr old rookie has to stand out and he doesn't.

overandunder
09-18-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm for Makarov as well. He played good, only one goal he probably wished he had back, the third goal though Stipancik I believe it was, let his guy go by and score. That guy hasn't impressed me at all.

Stipancik wasn't on the ice for that goal, you must be thinking of 25 who was playing D also, Stipancik was the only plus D in the game.

Trav
09-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Stipancik wasn't on the ice for that goal, you must be thinking of 25 who was playing D also, Stipancik was the only plus D in the game.

Ok, thanks, thought it was him, just saw it a was double digit d-man, first number being a 2

lostsheep
09-19-2011, 07:47 AM
I agree the 18yr old players really have to step it up, its a make it or break it time of thier careers. if the raw talent isnt there the work ethic has to be.

Advocator
09-19-2011, 07:47 AM

by Rick Stephens, AllHabs.net
Day 1 rookie scrimmage:
The star of the game was Dietz who was strong defensively but also showed that he has an offensive side to his game. He chose his spots wisely jumping into the offense to create opportunites and draw defenders.

http://yourcanadiens.blogspot.com/2011/09/habs-rookie-camp-day-1.html
If people came to watch Nathan Beaulieu and Jarred Tinordi, they didn't see too much. If they come to see this interesting pick from the last entry draft, however, they'd have left happy. Dietz had a very solid performance, showing good speed for his size and - in a game where lots of defensemen seemed to pinch unnecessarily - showed smarts on when to and not to support the attack. A project, sure, but love the potential.

lordstanley
09-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks for that boy i haven't seen a player improve as much as Deitz has in a very long time since he was listed by the Blades his game just kept getting better and better

Western Elite
09-19-2011, 10:45 AM
I can think of a player who has improved on his same level or perhaps higher and that is Ryan Johanssen from the Portland Winterhawks. Johanssen was playing Junior B or lower as a 16 yr old and improved and grew so much that season that he was able to make Portland as a 17 yr old and the rest is history.

Now Dietz wasn't a first round pick by Monteal like Johanssen was by Columbus, but Dietz is certainly on a comparable curve in terms of potential and being a late bloomer. I think Dietz has firmly solidified himself as a top pairing WHL defenseman and perhaps one of the better two-way defenders the league will possess this season.

Western Elite
09-19-2011, 11:34 AM
As kind of expected, the Blades have assigned Austin Daae to Estevan of the SJHL. He was a player who did well in Midget AAA but didn't have the speed or the desire to put up points in the WHL.

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-re-assign-austin-daae

Trav
09-19-2011, 11:51 AM
As kind of expected, the Blades have assigned Austin Daae to Estevan of the SJHL. He was a player who did well in Midget AAA but didn't have the speed or the desire to put up points in the WHL.

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-re-assign-austin-daae

Not surprising.

Bladesguy
09-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Darren Dietz is on his way back!

lordstanley
09-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Darren Dietz is on his way back!

Yep just saw that, 3 more to go atleast we will have a full defense for friday night

Western Elite
09-19-2011, 02:20 PM
Ron Wilson said he is sending all underaged players back today or tomorrow, so you can also count Nicholls in for Friday.

Duncan Siemens will play in the Colorado Intersquad game tomorrow nd after that the Avs are to make up to 20 cuts and get down low to numbers. I would imagine Duncan to be back. So, we'll have to wait until Wednesday morning to find out.

Dziurzynski, I've heard nothing on as of yet but Phoenix did send Ruopp back today, so maybe Darian was part of that, who knows. He isn't signed with Phoenix either.

Western Elite
09-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Darian Dziurzynski playing both tonight and tomorrow vs. L.A. and Anaheim. It will be interesting to see on Thursday morning when the Coyotes make all their cuts if he remains or not.

Duncan Siemens playing tonight in the teams intersquad game. Very interesting that he will be on the same team as Stefan Elliott in the game.

Josh Nicholls is still with Toronto and isn't expected to play tonight or tomorrow according to Henney. He also said he doesn't think cuts would be made until after the weekend but Ron Wilson himself said sooner than later. Have to wait and see.

lordstanley
09-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Well no Nicholls in the Leafs lineup for the third night in a row Ron Wilson did this last year too if your not gonna play him send him back in time for our home opener

Western Elite
09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Josh Nicholls has been returned to the Saskatoon Blades.

Source:
Josh Nicholls Twitter account. Jnicks20

lordstanley
09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Well that was quick lol

lordstanley
09-21-2011, 09:44 AM
As expected and most likely Siemens and Dziurzynski will probably be back after the weekend

Western Elite
09-21-2011, 09:46 AM
Colorado is set to make up to 20 cuts today and Phoenix is making about that many tomorrow. Phoenix has a split squad pair of games tonight against L.A., then cuts tomorrow morning.

Western Elite
09-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Avalance assign 7 players but Duncan Siemens remains with the Colorado Avalanche. He will likely be gone another couple weeks.

hotdog-pocket
09-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Avalance assign 7 players but Duncan Siemens remains with the Colorado Avalanche. He will likely be gone another couple weeks.

Couple weeks? That's a long time.

From all accounts he's been ok, not great, not bad with the Avs so far. I think he'll be back sooner than 2 weeks.

lordstanley
09-21-2011, 03:35 PM

From all accounts he's been ok, not great, not bad with the Avs so far. I think he'll be back sooner than 2 weeks.

Just come out and say your cody Nickolet already lol

Western Elite
09-21-2011, 03:44 PM

I agree, I think he'll be back after the weekend. Time will tell though what the Avs choose to do. He's in the lineup tomorrow night against Dallas. Maybe they'll do what Chicago did with McNeill, let him play game and send him back after.

lordstanley
09-21-2011, 04:02 PM
What it comes to is if Dziurzynski comes back then bye bye to Morrison if Dziurzynski goes pro then Paradis stays and Morrison for awile

hotdog-pocket
09-21-2011, 04:51 PM
Just come out and say your cody Nickolet already lol

im not sure why peopple keep saying this, but im not him.

Western Elite
09-22-2011, 09:22 AM
www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kings-fyi-20110922,0,2019888.story

Dziurzynski in action vs. L.A.!

PJ Awesome
09-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Double D better come back..

lordstanley
09-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Darian Dziurzysnki has just been sent to the Portland Pirates of the AHL so not looking so good but he has to still crack that roster in there training camp