PDA

View Full Version : Walk-up Prices

pontcanna
08-26-2011, 09:42 PM
So after years of diehard Salmon Kings fans pestering management to bring in tiered pricing (based on seat) they do it for the Dub:

Walk up adult prices:

Club: $25
Ring (first two rows of all sections) $25
Centre Side: $19.50
Sides: $18
Corners: $15
Upper Corners: $12
Senior/Student: $15
Child: $12

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/zymurgy1/sofa.jpg

Personally I don't see the attraction of "Ring" seats, but in general the price distribution seems fair.

50sWHLer
08-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Right, pontcanna ! As has been noted many times, RG did NOT WANT the ECHL to succeed here in Victoria, BUT they were more than happy to take the hard earned dollar from the local hockey fan, while at the same time providing a non-caring and LESS THAN professional Off Ice experience.

fatshad
08-28-2011, 07:11 PM
If what you say about RG is true , not wanting the Salmon Kings to be successful. Why in the world would they ever start with them in the first place. Doesnt make sense to me in the least !:confused:

CdnSailor
08-28-2011, 10:29 PM
If what you say about RG is true , not wanting the Salmon Kings to be successful. Why in the world would they ever start with them in the first place. Doesnt make sense to me in the least !:confused:
Because they had to fill the arena with something and the ECHL was the best way to go for 7 years until our Mayor decided to place a carrot in front of RG Properties to get the WHL back home.

salmonkingsforever
08-28-2011, 11:09 PM

because there was a referendum for the approval of the new arena being built in Victoria, and the main condition was that Victoria would get a WHL team. Shortly after the referendum was approved and the new arena was going to be built, the commissioner of the WHL said that the league is not expanding, nor relocating any team.

cut to a few years later, and that position changed, welcoming both Chilliwack and Edmonton.

but since the WHL did not want to be in Victoria then, RG properties decided to get another league here, and it was ECHL.

50sWHLer
09-10-2011, 01:00 PM
So, let me get this straight ! Being a former 7 year SK STH, I get mail from RG to purchase Royals Season Tickets.

ADULT -- SKs $ 615.46
Royals $ 576.00

SENIOR &-- SKs $ 420.49
STUDENTS Royals $ 396.00

Jeepers, for just a FEW dollars more I watched, Bigger, Faster, & More Talented, PROFESSIONALS !!!!

Shouldn't the price to watch JUNIORS be Substantially LOWER??

Seems to me that the LESSER Quality Royals Junior Game should be more than just 6% LESS in cost than the Professional SKs Game !!!!

CdnSailor
09-10-2011, 04:33 PM
So, let me get this straight ! Being a former 7 year SK STH, I get mail from RG to purchase Royals Season Tickets.

ADULT -- SKs $ 615.46
Royals $ 576.00

SENIOR &-- SKs $ 420.49
STUDENTS Royals $ 396.00

Jeepers, for just a FEW dollars more I watched, Bigger, Faster, & More Talented, PROFESSIONALS !!!!

Seems to me that the LESSER Quality Royals Junior Game should be more than just 6% LESS in cost than the Professional SKs Game !!!!

Feels good to be s_rew_ed and still go to the game dosen't it. :confused:

coach
09-10-2011, 05:28 PM

ADULT -- SKs $ 615.46
Royals $ 576.00

SENIOR &-- SKs $ 420.49
STUDENTS Royals $ 396.00

Are you for real. Professionals????????????????????? my a$$

SectionNDeserter
09-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Jeepers, for just a FEW dollars more I watched, Bigger, Faster, & More Talented, PROFESSIONALS !!!!Bigger? In most cases. Faster? Some might be, some might also be slower. More talented? Hardly.

I think you are putting a lot more distance between these two leagues than there really is. I have watched both, and they share some basic fundamentals;

First, they both have relatively high and predictable roster turnover numbers, as WHL players move on to the pro ranks and/or graduate from the WHL at the end of their overage season, or just become victims of the overage numbers game. In the ECHL, a lot of the players play there for a year or two, then play in Italy or Slovenia or somewhere, or just retire, or to a lesser extent move back up to the AHL level or even the NHL level.

They both have limited pools of talent to draw from, and are generally comprised of some top-caliber players, supported by a lot of 'warm bodies'

They both provide a lot of inexpensive, quality entertainment.

They can both be counted on to draw a similar number and demographic of fans in a given market.

A good number of the players in the ECHL *are* players that just graduated from Major Junior as overage players, or the aforementioned victims of the overage numbers game.

If that is actually how cheap SK season tickets were, then I would have to seriously question their business model, as the Royals' season tickets are not out of line with most other WHL teams (some of which still lose money). I might be missing something, but it seems to me that the operating costs for a team that actually pays it's players and has to travel to the east coast should be considerably higher. Could be why 45 ECHL teams have folded, suspended or relocated since the league's inception in 1988.

pontcanna
09-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Which is why it was a sound business decision to go with the WHL.

Also need to acknowledge that the walk-up prices are, in many instances, MUCH less than they were for the SK's.

salmonkingsforever
09-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Which is why it was a sound business decision to go with the WHL.

Also need to acknowledge that the walk-up prices are, in many instances, MUCH less than they were for the SK's.

that is because i feel that RG properties set up the SK's to fail. all along they wanted the WHL and i think they were just "waiting in the wings" until the league could give them a team.

Why else would it take them 7 years to finally figure out to go with Tiered Ticket Pricing?

pontcanna
09-10-2011, 11:41 PM
that is because i feel that RG properties set up the SK's to fail. all along they wanted the WHL and i think they were just "waiting in the wings" until the league could give them a team. Why else would it take them 7 years to finally figure out to go with Tiered Ticket Pricing?
You may be right. But at some point, this bulletin board may be more about the Royals than "what may have been" with the SK's.

the Royal Flush
09-11-2011, 10:26 AM
the fact is the ECHL sucked...

50sWHLer
09-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Wrong 'Royal Flush' !! --- NO HOCKEY SUCKS!!

Hockey at every level is entertaining within it's own competition level.

The Grizzlies play Entertaining Hockey

The Cougars play Entertaining Hockey

The Peninsula Panthers play Entertaining Hockey

AND the VICTORIA SALMON KINGS PLAYED ENTERTAINING HOCKEY !!

Again, ' NO HOCKEY SUCKS ' !!! But, I do know a FEW FANS that do !!! :blech:

the Royal Flush
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM
And the Royals WILL play entertaining hockey and YOU WILL get to see future NHL stars.Wobnet get back on your meds as you are making a complete fool of yourself and it is getting rather boring to most of us.The Skings are over forever,they had a few choice moments,but only a few.Perhaps you could go to the arena on the 17th and pick up some Sking memorabilia and greet OUR new WHL team.

pontcanna
09-11-2011, 09:41 PM
I might be missing something, but it seems to me that the operating costs for a team that actually pays it's players and has to travel to the east coast should be considerably higher
You missed something all right. The Salmon Kings never travelled to the Eastern US once in their entire existence. The former WCHL "patched over" with the E and as such we played teams from Alaska, Idaho, California, Nevada etc.

salmonkingsforever
09-11-2011, 10:11 PM
You missed something all right. The Salmon Kings never travelled to the Eastern US once in their entire existence. The former WCHL "patched over" with the E and as such we played teams from Alaska, Idaho, California, Nevada etc.

actually you have it wrong.. the first year they did play 8 games out east.

salmonkingsforever
09-11-2011, 10:13 PM
i just wish that people would stop bringing up the WHL vs the ECHL crap.

almost every topic with regards to the Victoria Royals has someone bring up which league the feel is the better league.

The WHL is here, for now folks. Accept it!

pontcanna
09-12-2011, 08:57 AM
actually you have it wrong.. the first year they did play 8 games out east.
Hey, seems they only did it once, I must have forgotten all about it. But at any rate, flying east wasn't part of the regular budget.

rednex50
09-12-2011, 01:14 PM
I just love how everything is so "peachy" and "rosey", and how the fans are suposed to lick the boots of RG Properties and the WHL for stealing the Bruins from a city who cared about the team, from the fans who cared about this team, all because the ownership group wanted a change and Robison told them IF the ownership changes one tiny bit, they would need to sell the team to Victoria (because of some back door dealings and politics), yet publicly came out and claimed that keeping the Bruins in Chilliwack was their first option.

No...Robison, your first priority was to lick Graham Lee's boots and screw all those left in the aftermath.

It also shows how pathethic RG Properties are in the fact that they would rather just fold a team for nothing then try to relocate it. Places like Thunder Bay, Bozeman, Chilliwack (before the Chiefs came back) or Quebec City would have been good cities to look at. But that's not good enough apparently...

pontcanna
09-12-2011, 01:19 PM
The title of this board is "WHL Fans". Victoria Sports Authority has a good bulletin board for those who want to keep the SK's alive and talk about the unfairness of it all (I must admit I don't mind talking about it, but at least I am a fan of major junior).

http://www.victoriasportsauthority.com/forum/index.php?board=47.0

pontcanna
09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
T-C Letters:

Arena alcohol sales ban punishes innocent

I always thought that Canada was a free country, a democracy, based on the rule of law. After reading about the legal battle at the Save-On Foods Memorial Centre, I now realize that Canada is not a free country. We have institutionalized the punishment of thousands of innocent people with the stroke of a bureaucrat’s pen.

In 2007, four underage drinkers were ejected from the arena. But that wasn’t good enough for the Liquor Board. The next 20,000 or so spectators at the arena had to be punished too. It matters not that these citizens are innocent. They committed no crime. Not only that, the board has decreed only “major” events be included in the six-day penalty.

We are on the road to serfdom when a regulatory body can, and does, persecute and punish innocent citizens.

Bruce Sellars

Victoria

CdnSailor
09-12-2011, 03:12 PM
The title of this board is "WHL Fans". Victoria Sports Authority has a good bulletin board for those who want to keep the SK's alive and talk about the unfairness of it all (I must admit I don't mind talking about it, but at least I am a fan of major junior).

http://www.victoriasportsauthority.com/forum/index.php?board=47.0

Unfortunately Pontcanna cannot see past his ...............
Where were you during the ECHL days........ exactly nowhere.
Now that the kids are playing and maybe one out of the next 4 years may rise to stardom.
The rest will be working or maybe good enough to play ECHL and there will be "Pontcanna" saying there are my super stars.
Give it a break and let those who enjoyed the last 7 years, payed thousands of dollars to watch a good game to only have it pulled out from under them

50sWHLer
09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
WHAT HE SAID !!!!! And we have NOTHING against the WHL, patcanna or Royal Flush, nor watching KIDS play at the junior Level.

Our disappointment is with RG Properties, NOT the WHL, although when you see what the WHL did to Chilliwack, the WHL has exhibited little credibility as well.

And it's not keeping the Salmon Kings ALIVE, it's all about what RG did, or more what RG DID NOT DO to KILL THEM !!!

Will they do the same to the Victoria Royals???

Only time will tell ! Year #1 - OK, BUT year #2 and on will be interesting.

Now, if RG was out of the picture, and someone who KNEW how to run a successful Hockey Franchise, with the Community in mind, rather than the 'Bottom Line', or their own pocket books, operated the Club, us so-called negative ECHL SK Hockey Fans WOULD FULLY SUPPORT ANY Franchise skating out of the PPP SOFMC.

pontcanna
09-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Where was I? Hmmm, at the first game, the last one and about half of the ones in between. Sorry that doesn't meet season ticket holder standards.

All I am saying is that for people to come on a list called "WHL Fans" and go round and round in circles about the Salmon Kings (a team I enjoyed for the most part) is pointless. Are we going to declare a statute of limitations on this or can we expect the same ranting all season?

I guess there's not enough activity on this board for an administrator to wade in and make a call on this matter. By the way, I was serious about taking it to the Sports Authority board. I look back there quite a bit to see what people are saying, but it's dead. Appears this is the only home for Caps Lock and the PO.

Squig
09-12-2011, 09:25 PM
I dont think this is a live and die issue at this point - there is bound to be some SK fans that are bitter - as long as the banter doesnt get nasty i am ok with it on here.

I think that there are alot of issues that your new franchise will need to address - the first and foremost is winning some games. There will always be some fans saying i told ya so if they dont.

There will be some speed bumps along the way but i have first hand experience with Habby and he will not accept second place. He also has a habit of sending out the goon squad when things dont go his way so it will be entertaining if nothing else.

Dub hockey is great hockey but what makes it the best to me is the fans. Dub fans everywhere i go are true fans to their team. Any chance you get to chat up fans from the other team do so - you will find most are very friendly and usually have great hockey knowledge. Alot of times you will see jerseys from the other team and they will be parents of players. So dont be scared to welcome them to your barn.

CdnSailor
09-12-2011, 10:39 PM
As you all may see, for the most part I am the person that is putting everything that I can find on the Royal's on this forum. As the season starts you will see videos from me as well with game highlights, fights, etc.

As said before it is the way we were switched from ECHL to DUB.
I will be the first to congratulate them as well as dist them for their lack of control of the game. IE all the penalties in the preseason games, the types of penalties and then the amount that certain players are continually getting.

If I did not like what was coming I would not be forking out over two thousand dollars for my two seats this season. And yes that is a lot of money compared to other teams in the league.

pontcanna
09-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Another good marketing idea...who'd a thunk it? Even as the cheapest season ticket holder ($11 a seat on average) I wonder if I've missed out. Since this is box-office only (not online, so it seems) it will likely be limited to the downtown folk. Or folk working downtown. I'd be there every Monday like clockwork. Old Darren Parker seems to know what he's doing. Or, further evidence of the Kill the Salmon Kings Conspiracy Theory.

ROYALS MAKE ‘MAD MONDAYS’ THE BEST DAY OF THE WEEK

$5 tickets available starting September 19th
Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Victoria, BC – The Victoria Royals hockey club knows how to deal with a case of the Mondays, and that’s by giving them a name and a Monday blues-blasting offer!

The 2011-12 WHL regular season will see the introduction of ‘Mad Mondays’, where fans will have the chance to purchase tickets to see the Royals live at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre from the upper rows of our end sections for an unbelievable price of $5.00!!

Tickets will be available at the Select Your Tickets box-office every Monday of the regular reason for that week’s games only, starting September 19th in advance of the Royals’ Home Opener against the Vancouver Giants on Saturday, September 24th.

Only a limited number of standard and wheelchair accessible seats will be released for each game, meaning they won’t last long. Purchases are limited to four tickets per person per game.

pontcanna
09-19-2011, 12:02 PM
There were about 20-25 people at the arena ticket window @ 0930 today, along with a camera from CHEK or A-Channel or something, documenting the special Monday ticket deal.