PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Thoughts....

patsdude114
08-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Well now that training camp is complete there is a bright future for the Pats by the looks of things. I havent seen this much talent & speed in camp for at least 5 yrs.

I really liked Adam Brooks & Dane Schioler definately worth the 2 picks in the 2nd round. Was kind of surprised that Ty McLean got reassigned so early i thought he had a great camp, definately is a great skater with finish but another season with the Pat Cs is definately needed. (Im pretty sure he played for Pat Cs last season anyways, could be wrong & im sure ill be corrected if i am lol)

Volek was everything as advertised, for the 1st 2 days of camp i was watching the wrong guy & i was very disappointed but after i asked Conacher if i was watching the right guy & was pointed out that i wasnt i was very relieved. Volek is a great skater with above avg stick skills, i think him & Weal should get every chance to find some chemistry together.

I was very impressed with Stephenson, he was playing with a chip on his shoulder all camp long, being physical & working hard. I think he deserves a chance at #2 center after his camp. He showed his offensive potential everytime he was on the ice, just hoping he can continue it into preseason & into the season itself.

Is there any teams out there desperate enough for Bortsmayer & Ketlo in a package we could maybe score up a 6th rd pick for both combined. If we have to separate the 2 in different deals or reassignments we would be lucky to get 1 puck apiece. No way in hell Bortsmayer makes this team, he may be a great kid off the ice but he just doesnt have it together on the ice. He has shown improvements from last season but he just doesnt belong on this team when there are guys like Peel, Burroughs, Williams all waiting in the wings who could all have a legit chance at making this team. Altho i do feel the Pats will hang onto Bortsmayer as long as they can until they know the future with Davidson & Bidlevskii i guess it is hard to throw away Bortsmayer's experience compared to a rare WHL rookie.

Now onto our D, i think our D has the potential to be very strong if the cards all fall into the right places. First off we need to get Davidson & Bidlevskii both back from AHL camps. Davidson has yet to be signed but that could change once he heads to EDM for camp & as for Bidlevskii he earned another ametuer tryout from NYI i guess that shows that he impressed them at the end of last season. If the Pats can get them both back our D would look like this.....
Davidson Underwood
Bidlevskii Blidstrand
Burroughs Peel/Luhning
Williams/Bortsmayer

The D could get scary if Davidson & Bidlevskii both go pro, if this is the case u can bet Lang will be scrambling to add another vetern type Dman prob a 20yr old who gets released from another team. We need some kind of experience if we lose these 2

patsdude114
08-29-2011, 05:31 PM
178 views & not 1 reply...

good job people good to see so many caring about hockey season coming up, especially with the riders sucking arse

booboo
08-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Right guys. I'm not sure I'll live long enough for the Patsies to be a force in the WHL. As long as your fearless leader is Parker your guys are in sh-- up to your eyeballs. Dream on.:clap:

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-29-2011, 06:21 PM
you probably dont know this after only two years of watching this league/hugging mascots, but things can change pretty quickly in the WHL. You might be surprised what can happen, despite the uninformed misconceptions.

not that you would admit it.

booboo
08-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Denial is just not a river in Egypt---do you seriously think the Patsies are a going to be a threat this year? SAJ--give up

patsdude114
08-29-2011, 09:37 PM
i dont think no 1 has ever said the Pats will be a force this year but i really dont think the Pats will be as bad as everyone seems to think... with the most returning players out of any team (except maybe BRN) the Pats had a horrible 1st 1/2 last year but in the 2nd half huge strides were made & we were like 4 games below .500 in the 2nd part for a very young roster. We didnt lose any important 20yr olds with every player 1 year older which usually brings on better numbers across the board (for the most part)

booboo uve never said anything worth while to read on this forum before u come & troll on other boards & just talk how bad everyone else is. Your a very misinforumed little kid who doesnt know nothing about junior hockey & its cycles.

Joe Hallenback
08-30-2011, 07:09 AM
I am not sure about the Pats this year. Again they are going to have to rely on Weal for goal scoring and hope some one else can provide some offense. That D was horrible last year although I think the coaches have to take alot of the blame for that.

If Davidson comes back it will be a huge boost. Not Keeping some of the 16 year olds last year like Peel around was a mistake IMO. Brandon kept 2 of them last year and it will pay huge dividends this year.

Goaltending will be an issue again. Without a reliable tender you guys will end up giving up way too many goals.

Only 1 94 is coming back next season from a team that missed the playoffs. You should be loaded with 94s and 93s. Outside of Martell who I think will become a pretty good player this year your 93s are weak as well.

On the plus side I think Klimchuk will be a really great player to build around. Burroughs and Williams need to make the team and play decent minutes as your D will need to be rebuilt.

I think your going to struggle again this year maybe not as bad as last year. I don't think your as good as Saskatoon,Brandon,Moose Jaw and PA. Nor do I think your as good as Medicine Hat,Red Deer,Kootenay or Edmonton. That means no playoffs again. It also means you need to trade Weal for a kings ransom at the deadline. Build around Klimchuk. I can see a team like Portland or maybe Moose Jaw wanted Weal. Geting a couple of quality 16 year olds will go along way to making you rock solid for years.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Perhaps its a little early at this point to say who will make the playoffs, especially since many teams still have moves to make, players to return from camps, and also that some of the teams you listed are also in a rebuild mode.

A playoff spot at this point seems like an attainable goal. Not too far outside the realm of possibilities...as it should with any team before the regular season.

Joe Hallenback
08-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Perhaps its a little early at this point to say who will make the playoffs, especially since many teams still have moves to make, players to return from camps, and also that some of the teams you listed are also in a rebuild mode.

A playoff spot at this point seems like an attainable goal. Not too far outside the realm of possibilities...as it should with any team before the regular season.

Your right it is too early but at least in my mind those are better teams on paper anything can happen once the season starts.

Look at Brandon last year, I didn't think we would make the playoffs and we did.

If you guys are hovering at around 9,10,11 in the conference would you not think it best to move Weal? I hate to bring it up but you guys missed the boat on Eberle and Teubert do you really want to do that again?

RWAH
08-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Pretty simple that the Pats missed an opportunity to be a power house this year when we did NOT trade Eberle and Toulbert two years ago, but that is history. What is exiciting is the 95s and 96s in the system now. I agree that Chad L won't make the same mistake. Weal and Davidson will be traded and that will only strengthen the 95s 96s and 97s and that makes the future bright. Hope reins eternal and I can see this team making the play offs but it will be against the odds. Scoring can come from Weal, Martell, Stephenson and Stevenson, Volek, Mitchell. This team is bigger and faster than in the past. Our achilles heal is D-Fence and Goal Tending. If Davidson and Bidlevskii come back and we trade Ketlo we have room for a 20 year old and there will be a lot around to shore up the D-Fence. Hewitt can be a top end tender in the league and should get the chance. If he is at the top of his game the Pats will be tough to play.
On another matter I noted, by the Leader Post report, that we cut, (not re-assigned) two 96s (F Brody Anthony and G Rylan Toth) is our protected list full or are these player that poor? Anyone know?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Your right it is too early but at least in my mind those are better teams on paper anything can happen once the season starts.

Look at Brandon last year, I didn't think we would make the playoffs and we did.

If you guys are hovering at around 9,10,11 in the conference would you not think it best to move Weal? I hate to bring it up but you guys missed the boat on Eberle and Teubert do you really want to do that again?

I dont think anybody in the entire world thought it was smart. At the time, all we could do was hope for the best because it was a pretty bold move.

And honestly, unless we are in a position to make a realistic run, which i certainly dont expect, its probably best to move him anyways and continue on with whats on the blueprint.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-30-2011, 01:43 PM
On another matter I noted, by the Leader Post report, that we cut, (not re-assigned) two 96s (F Brody Anthony and G Rylan Toth) is our protected list full or are these player that poor? Anyone know?

they were probably just camp invites. We dont own their rights, so we dont have to reassign them to another team like with our draft picks and list players.

Kind of like when Bidlevskii tries out for the Islanders AHL team. Its on a tryout. They can either sign him to acquire his rights on their list or cut him, which would make him a free agent for any other team to look at.

RWAH
08-30-2011, 02:33 PM
SAJ thank you for the info.

witness
08-30-2011, 07:24 PM
It is going to be interesting.

In order for the fans to buy into the 'rebuilding' process, there needs to be a couple of veterns released. There are younger guys that are of equal skill level and have a bigger up side.

The best goaltender in camp has not been one of the returning players.

Underwood is not going to be the answer on defense. He is big and slow. He has a tendancy to stop moving his feet which will result in penalties. I think that Peel and Boroughs are having a good camp.

From the sound of it, the Pats don't think that Davidson or Mitchell will be back.

I really like Nils Moser, I think this guy can make some noise this year.

I think that the Pats are in a better situation that they were at this time last year. They have a star in Weal (and yes he can put up numbers without Eberle). The backend lacks some experience, but with Peel, Burroughs and Williams there is some potential. At forward there are some legit first and second liners (Moser, Scheidl and Volek). It is up to guys like Stephenson, Oullette, Olstad, Martell and Stevenson to elivate their game to be factors. They are all capable to be consistant contributors. They have some real talent in the 16 year olds and the should push for a regular spot.

I have a different view of trading Weal. The guy will be a valuable leader to the younger guys. He is a great example of how to battle every shift. He will most likely be back next year, so you could be potentially trading a player that can get 200 points in that time. The Pats have a fairly stocked cupboard in the 15 and 16 year old age group. What they really need is 17 and 18 year olds.

patsdude114
08-30-2011, 07:45 PM
The best goaltender in camp has not been one of the returning players.

I agree by far the best goalie in camp hasnt been 1 of the veterns it has been hands down Beukeboom, but there is no way in hell the Pats or any other team in this league rest there hopes on a 16yr old goalie for the full season.

Hewitt has outplayed Ketlo & thats all that really matters, we all know what Hewitt is capable of doing. He had some rough starts early in the season but he was 1 of the main reasons in the 2nd half the Pats were at least respectable. He single handlely beat Red Deer & Saskatoon in back to back starts (1 on the road with 40+ saves, 1 at home with 59 saves) the Pats defense was brutal at best last season & i dont see the defense being that bad again.

Underwood is not going to be the answer on defense. He is big and slow. He has a tendancy to stop moving his feet which will result in penalties. I think that Peel and Boroughs are having a good camp.

I disagree big time with the comment on Underwood, he is a very steady Dman who plays physical. He skates very well for a big guy (definately better then McIlrath in MJ but not nearly as tough) a guy like Underwood already knows he has a spot on the roster come opening day & beyond, training camp isnt to impress anyone its for conditioning strictly. (same can be said for like 90% of the veterns who are not on the bubble)

Also on the defense i dont think our D will be that bad at all especially if Davidson & Bidlevskii both get returned our top 4 will be very solid with these 2 coming back.

From the sound of it, the Pats don't think that Davidson or Mitchell will be back.

I dont expect Mitchell back at all, Davidson i would think is a 50/50 split EDM doesnt have to sign him this year & with there young core of D in the NHL & AHL there just may not be any room for him at all. (im not saying he has a hope in hell at making the NHL this year so dont read too far into what i just said above)

I really like Nils Moser, I think this guy can make some noise this year.

I think that the Pats are in a better situation that they were at this time last year. They have a star in Weal (and yes he can put up numbers without Eberle). The backend lacks some experience, but with Peel, Burroughs and Williams there is some potential. At forward there are some legit first and second liners (Moser, Scheidl and Volek). It is up to guys like Stephenson, Oullette, Olstad, Martell and Stevenson to elivate their game to be factors. They are all capable to be consistant contributors. They have some real talent in the 16 year olds and the should push for a regular spot.

I have a different view of trading Weal. The guy will be a valuable leader to the younger guys. He is a great example of how to battle every shift. He will most likely be back next year, so you could be potentially trading a player that can get 200 points in that time. The Pats have a fairly stocked cupboard in the 15 and 16 year old age group. What they really need is 17 and 18 year olds.

i agree with all u said here except with Weal, if the Pats are not in a position to contend with at least 6th spot Weal MUST be traded for the future. There is no need to keep him around if we finish 8th or lower. Also there is like maybe a 10% chance Weal comes back to the WHL as a 20yr old, he has already accomplish alot in his WHL career (except to play in the playoffs) come next season there will be nothing for him to accomplish every team in this league wants Weal at this time of the year come trade deadline it will be about 8 to 10 teams who will want him & let the bidding begin.

Rye
08-30-2011, 09:53 PM
How has Beukeboom been doing? I believe he's ready to be in this league, it could be a lot like the goalie situation in Brandon, I think Hewitt and Beukeboom would do just fine this year. It'll be a bit of a struggle to start I'd imagine but I think it would be worth it for sure.

bkdevil
08-30-2011, 11:02 PM
I though Hewitt looked the best, especially in Goalie sessions, but he had one bad scrimmage, then didnt let a goal in during the next four scrimmages including Blue and White. I did like that Sacher, i think his name is, he looked good in Blue and white Game, Bukeboom shows promise too but not at Hewitts level yet. Ketlo has looked good, but not enough to keep as a 20 year old.

They have gotten bigger and tougher everywhere else, so lets hope that transfers into wins

witness
08-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Also there is like maybe a 10% chance Weal comes back to the WHL as a 20yr old, he has already accomplish alot in his WHL career (except to play in the playoffs) come next season there will be nothing for him to accomplish every team in this league wants Weal at this time of the year come trade deadline it will be about 8 to 10 teams who will want him & let the bidding begin.

LA has no where to put him. There is always a chance of a trade to make some room, but....

patsdude114
08-31-2011, 05:49 PM
LA has no where to put him. There is always a chance of a trade to make some room, but....

Lets remember different prospects contracts will be up after next season (like every season) & maybe they just dont fit in anymore into the Kinds plans... it happens every year... or maybe they like Weal more then a certain prospect they have already & Weal bumps him out of his spot.

All i gotta say is i hope ur not betting a big amount of money for Weal to come back, Weal is going to follow the same foot steps as Kozun did in the Kings organization also expect Weal to make the WJs at age 19 just like Kozun did as well.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Weal wasnt even invited to the summer evaluation camp. They clearly dont want him, for whatever reason. Though its probably a good thing for the pats, as we know that losing our best players for that key stretch in the season certainly has looked like a difference maker.

That being said, I would not bank on Weal returning as an OA. Even with a (very)small chance, unless we are somehow leading the division this year, we shouldnt get greedy and should just go by the rebuilding plan we set out.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
08-31-2011, 06:20 PM
PA's 20 year old goalie cleared waivers today. Makes you think if the same is about to happen to Ketlo, who is more or less the same calibre of goalie if you ask me.

patsdude114
08-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Im sure Ketlo will be having the same thing happen to him soon, or maybe the Pats are going to try & trade him & at least get a 6th rd pick out of the deal. Who knows maybe a starting goalie gets injuried during preseason & puts a team into scramble mode looking for a capable goalie to fill a void for a few weeks/months.

Anything is possible, do we keep Ketlo around til all 20yr olds must be named? Or set him free early on?

Only Lang knows this answer personally i say set him free & not have that problem during preseason in taking away crease minutes from a guy who needs it.

chalk_one_up
09-06-2011, 12:32 PM
How is Serafini doing?

Bepoleon
09-11-2011, 07:19 AM
I haven't heard any annoucement but I believe he has been re-assigned.

Rye
09-11-2011, 03:16 PM
See ya later Ketlo

Bepoleon
09-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Wow! for a conditional fifth rounder? Lethbridge still must be feeling sorry for ripping us off on the Ashton deal. Im assuming the condition is he has to stick as one of their 20 year olds.

patsdude114
09-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Wow! for a conditional fifth rounder? Lethbridge still must be feeling sorry for ripping us off on the Ashton deal. Im assuming the condition is he has to stick as one of their 20 year olds.

I truely dont feel they ripped us off in that deal at all... yes we gave up our 1st round pick which turned out to be a high pick but Hood & Balog are nothing too special especially Hood.

Id take Moser for Hood any day & we flipped a 1st rd pick in return which we traded again for more picks which turned out to be 1 of those kids from that Winnipeg team with our 1st 2 picks in the 2nd rd.... Not bad for Hood & Balog & the bantam draft is a crap shoot at best who knows what that 1st rd pick will be could be a total bust as there are tons of them.

RWAH
09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Hot off the LP blog
Michael Sagen is re assigned to Melville and Christoff and Serafins sent back to AAA.
Sagen did not have a stand out camp but I thought he may stay here for his size and they could work on more gritty.
The rooster for now is light on numbers untill we get some player back from pro camp, Hope no injuries (touch wood) in these last two pre season games.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Now that Bidlevskii is back, perhaps a reassignment will be announced soon...

Im thinking Zimbaluk, because of age and slight similarity of Art's type of game.

patsdude114
09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Now that Bidlevskii is back, perhaps a reassignment will be announced soon...

Im thinking Zimbaluk, because of age and slight similarity of Art's type of game.

Which is all the more reasons to keep him around & learn from Art, we need toughness on our back end & Zimbaluk brings this. This kid is very tough & brings alot more to the table then Bortsmayer ever will. I truely feel that Peel could be used as trade bait, he is all offense & u can get the same out of him as u can with Burroughs (actually Burroughs prob even more at least he is physical too) Peel could bring back a 17yr old forward who is maybe caught in a numbers game elsewhere.

Lang likes big tough defenses & Peel does not fit into what Lang likes for players. Peel has some offensive tools but i dont think the ice is here for him.

nivek_wahs
09-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Luhning has been cut.

http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2011/09/20/pats-cut-luhning/

Bepoleon
09-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Thats sets our defense until Davidson returns.

Bidlevskii
Blidstrand
Underwood
Burroughs
Peel
Williams
Borstmayer
Zimbaluk

But when Davidson returns who's next to be re-assigned?

Western Elite
09-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Davidson has been returned by the Edmonton Oilers today.

nivek_wahs
09-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Weal's on his way back.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=589307

patsdude114
09-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Great news for the Pats that Weal & Davidson have both been returned to the Pats now with any luck Mitchell will be returned as well & the Pats can look to start the year with the whole lineup together.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=589230

also cant seem to find Mitchell on the training camp roster... last time i said this (about Davidson) lordstanley reported that he played in the preseason game in Saskatoon then today he was reassigned.... maybe is this happening to Mitchell too?

Bepoleon
09-22-2011, 01:24 AM
Mitchell was cut from the Capitals on Wednesday and was re-assigned to Hershey. Hershey starts their training camp Sunday.

Link:
http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2011/09/21/davidson-returns/

I wouldn't count on Mitchell's return (thou it would be freakin awesome). By the sounds of it, if he doesn't make the AHL, they are going to assign him to the ECHL. Only way he returns to the Pats is if he stinks it up in the E :rolleyes:

witness
09-22-2011, 09:02 AM
From what I heard, Mitchy has had a good camp and the Caps are looking at Hershey for him.

Western Elite
09-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Myles Bell traded for Jobke and a 2nd round bantam pick.

Good job Regina!

Trav
09-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Hope he pays for his stupid actions. Getting nailed in the head in his first game is a start

witness
09-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Hope he pays for his stupid actions. Getting nailed in the head in his first game is a start

That's a little harsh and uncalled for. This is still an 18 year old KID!

He still has a truck load of legal issues to sort through. And my understanding of the court system is that he will be away from hockey for an extended period of time.

I guess only those that have gone through situations like this can identify what Bell is having to deal with. A guy like Rob Ramage comes to mind.

I sincerely hope that Bell can get the help he will need for all his personal demons and issues. Hockey is a secondary issue and I can't wish him good luck with his career, but I don't wish him ill.

Western Elite
09-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Couple things come to mind:

A) Don't drink and drive!

B) He killed a young girl and her parents and family have to deal with that.

As a result, Myles Bell should have to donate every penny he earns over 100,000 to charity or families that have physcological problems after a loss of a loved one due to drinking and driving.

Brandon
09-22-2011, 02:18 PM

He still has a truck load of legal issues to sort through. And my understanding of the court system is that he will be away from hockey for an extended period of time.

I guess only those that have gone through situations like this can identify what Bell is having to deal with. A guy like Rob Ramage comes to mind.

I sincerely hope that Bell can get the help he will need for all his personal demons and issues. Hockey is a secondary issue and I can't wish him good luck with his career, but I don't wish him ill.

Based on similar situations and pleas (the girl who killed Maniago) Bell will be fine to suit up this weekend and all of his life going forward. It is odd you think someone should identify with him seeing as he is the perpetrator of the crime. Its a scape goat to call it "personal demons", he did something incredibly stupid and irresponsible and it wasn't demons that made him do it, it was his own lack of intelligence and concern for safety of others.

coors
09-22-2011, 02:25 PM
SOme people need to give their heads a shake. I am not at all trying to say what Bell did is alright and should be forgotten, but some of you people need to get off your high horses. I beleive I can speak about this because our family has went through a loss because of drunk driving but you have to remember no one is making these victims get in the vehicle. Bells girlfriend made that decision and she paid for it dearly and I wouldn't wish that on my biggest enemy, but Bell lives that everyday and is going to live with the rest of his life. HE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE!! I'm willing to bet if everyone wants to be honest with themselves that they have done the exact same thing in some form or another and they have gotten lucky and haven't had it end like this tradgedy. Like I said I feel for the poor girl who lost her life, but I also have a bit of compassion for Myles. Hopefully he can get his life back on track and when and if he does that hopefully hockey will still be there for him.

lordstanley
09-22-2011, 03:36 PM
I agree with Trav on this one don't think for a second a player wont try to knock him out and i for 1 wont be overaly
disipointed

Brandon
09-22-2011, 03:49 PM
SOme people need to give their heads a shake. I am not at all trying to say what Bell did is alright and should be forgotten, but some of you people need to get off your high horses. I beleive I can speak about this because our family has went through a loss because of drunk driving but you have to remember no one is making these victims get in the vehicle. Bells girlfriend made that decision and she paid for it dearly and I wouldn't wish that on my biggest enemy, but Bell lives that everyday and is going to live with the rest of his life. HE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE!! I'm willing to bet if everyone wants to be honest with themselves that they have done the exact same thing in some form or another and they have gotten lucky and haven't had it end like this tradgedy. Like I said I feel for the poor girl who lost her life, but I also have a bit of compassion for Myles. Hopefully he can get his life back on track and when and if he does that hopefully hockey will still be there for him.

I am sure lots of people on this board have lost someone to drinking and driving, my family has. Thats the problem, too many of us can say that. Yeah she got in the car but really thats like blaming the rape victim for dressing a certain way, or walking down a dark alley at night. There is no crime for being a passenger, or drunk passenger. He didn't make a mistake he made a decision and unfortunately in Canada there are no consequences for decisions.

lordstanley
09-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Myles Bell is also suiting up tomorrow for the Rockets via alan caldwells blog

Funny how he is all of a sudden all healed from his injuries

Rocketsfan
09-22-2011, 03:57 PM
I really don't know what to think about this trade. A very talented d-man who will work our powerplay, but I just don't feel right cheering for someone who's responsible for someone's death.

Trav
09-22-2011, 05:02 PM

You hope that Bell can get some help? Hmm, what bout the family of the girl that was killed? Their the ones that are suffering the worst and all you can say is you hope Bell can get some help? Now thats harsh. You don't even say one word bout the girl and her family.

Yeah maybe what I said was harsh but unlike some on here, I'm not going to go on easy on the guy, I don't care how old he is and for people to say well the girl got in to the car with him, that's like blaming the victim like Brandon said.

Lastly, he shouldn't get to do what he loves to do while the family of the girl has to live the rest of their lives without their daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, cousin.

I know people make mistakes but they gotta pay the consequences when their mistake ends the life of another human being. He shouldn't be let off easy and it appears some of you on here are doing just that.

witness
09-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Hmm, what bout the family of the girl that was killed? Their the ones that are suffering the worst and all you can say is you hope Bell can get some help? Now thats harsh. You don't even say one word bout the girl and her family.

I know the family. I also have also been observing what the family is going through. I was at the funeral, where you???

How dare you assume that I have no compasion for the family!!!!

I can also appreciate what the Bell family is going through. Me hating on Myles is not going to undo what has been done.

The kid has taken responsibility for what has happened and the road ahead of him is not going to be easy and this is something that he will never put behind him.

I also know that the family has less hate for Myles than you do.

Myles Bell should have to donate every penny he earns over 100,000 to charity or families that have physcological problems after a loss of a loved one due to drinking and driving

Agree 100%

patsdude114
09-22-2011, 05:32 PM
1st of all Bell was not drunk he didnt even blow .08 he had alittle alcohol in his system which was NOT a result in the roll over. He pleaded gulity & they dropped those charges cuz they really had nothing to go on with a drunk driving case cuz it WAS NOT a drunk driving case.

Before u guys go assuming it was all cuz of drunk driving get ur facts straight. It was a stupid decision by a young kid to be going down a gravel road at 180km/h but it was not cuz he was drunk lets face it every guy out there when younger has done something stupid behind the wheel to impress a girl, but ultimately something as severe like this didnt happen. Bell was not wearing his seat belt & was thrown from the vechile the girl was wearing her seat belt & was stuck in the vechile as it went end over end. It was a tragedy forsure but it was not cuz of drinking & driving.

No team would paid as much as KEL did for Bell if they were not getting some inside legal advice on this case. What they paid for Bell was alot prob the same they would of paid for had Bell not gotten into any trouble at all this summer.

Also lets remember Bell was a minor at the time of this accident so he will be going thru court as a minor & we all know what that usually brings. Being in Canada as well is going to save him alot too, lets face it the Canadian courts are a joke. I am going to assume Bell will lose his lisence for a very long time, will get some type of probahtion.

Trav
09-22-2011, 05:35 PM
I know the family. I also have also been observing what the family is going through. I was at the funeral, where you???

How dare you assume that I have no compasion for the family!!!!

I can also appreciate what the Bell family is going through. Me hating on Myles is not going to undo what has been done.

The kid has taken responsibility for what has happened and the road ahead of him is not going to be easy and this is something that he will never put behind him.

I also know that the family has less hate for Myles than you do.

Agree 100%

My apologies then, all I saw was you talking bout Myles Bell and nothing bout the family in your response to my earlier post, didn't know that u know the family of the victim.

I don't hate the guy but I just think he should still pay for what he did, and yes he'll live with this the rest of his life but he should face the same punishment as others that have done the same thing.

If he has gotten help then great and is a changed person and isn't one that will be drinking and driving again then great.

patsdude114
09-22-2011, 06:02 PM
If he has gotten help then great and is a changed person and isn't one that will be drinking and driving again then great.

Did u not read my post at all trav? He was not drinking & driving & really if he had been do u really think the province would of dropped the drinking & driving charges? At initial time of the accident there was booze involved but not enough to keep any drinking & driving charge.

The girl was drunk tho not that it truely matters. It may of caused her to bleed more but im not going get into that since she lost her life. Lets also remember that when Bell was thrown from his vechile he broke his leg & then pulled the girl out of the vechile & then walked almost 1km to the closest farm yard for help. When he left for his walk the girl was still alive. I can bet any money in the world that u would of lied there like a lil ***** & cried in pain & not even pulled the girl from the vechile. With Bell attempting to try to save her life is going to play into effect into the courts as well.

Trav
09-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Did u not read my post at all trav? He was not drinking & driving & really if he had been do u really think the province would of dropped the drinking & driving charges? At initial time of the accident there was booze involved but not enough to keep any drinking & driving charge.

The girl was drunk tho not that it truely matters. It may of caused her to bleed more but im not going get into that since she lost her life. Lets also remember that when Bell was thrown from his vechile he broke his leg & then pulled the girl out of the vechile & then walked almost 1km to the closest farm yard for help. When he left for his walk the girl was still alive. I can bet any money in the world that u would of lied there like a lil ***** & cried in pain & not even pulled the girl from the vechile. With Bell attempting to try to save her life is going to play into effect into the courts as well.

So he wasn't drinking and driving but come on, he still made a stupid mistake by speeding down a country road like u said but that doesn't change anything, he's still responsible for her death and should face some sort of punishment. Letting him off will only mean that u can speed down a country road and flip ur car causing the death of another person and u won't get punished.
Just so you know I have been in a accident where I was injured and I had to help someone out of the car so you cant say that I'd sit there and cry in pain. It's good Myles with a broken leg managed to get the girl out of the vehicle.

bkdevil
09-22-2011, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=patsdude114;168886]Did u not read my post at all trav? He was not drinking & driving & really if he had been do u really think the province would of dropped the drinking & driving charges? At initial time of the accident there was booze involved but not enough to keep any drinking & driving charge.

He was charged with impaired driving and refusing to blow for a breathalyzer, do people who haven't been drinking refuse this, especially in a fatal accident. This is an obvious case of plea bargaining because the prosecutors would have a hard time proving that he was drinking. But the only people i know who refuse them are the ones that know they are over.

I dont wish him any ill will, but would have been the right thing to do is come clean and then maybe speak on it so other kids do not make his mistakes. I don't know how the girls family feels about this, but would be hard to take.

It doesn't prove he was drinking, but like I said who would refuse a breathalyzer? Here is the original charges from Calgary Herald

Investigators have laid criminal charges against a Western Hockey League player involved in a fatal crash west of Calgary in April that killed a Regina teenager.

The 17-year-old player, whose identity is protected by the Youth Criminal Justice Act, was charged with impaired driving causing death, dangerous driving causing death and refusing to provide a breath sample.

The teen was behind the wheel of a car that rolled several times off Springbank Road on the morning of April 30, killing his passenger, Emily Matthewson.

Matthewson, 18, was a teaching student from Regina and had just completed her first year of university. She died at the scene.

The secondary highway where the crash occurred was likely deserted when the accident took place police said at the time.

The Youth Criminal Justice Act also prevents publishing details of the team the accused played for, but he was widely expected to be selected in the early rounds of the NHL entry draft later this month.

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

Trav
09-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks for posting that bkdevil.

patsdude114
09-22-2011, 09:09 PM
I have refused a breathalyzer before when i havent been drinking as it is my right to refuse it. Dont for 1 second think the cops can not tell to begin with.

In the end the charges have been dropped cuz they had nothing to go on as nothing was there to back it up. Which is a clear sign he was not drunk to begin with.

Bell will not get off completely he will have some sort of punishment for this, but it will not be to the extent that some are thinking it will be on here. If Bell was hammered then by all means lock him up & throw the key away but that is NOT the case here at all. Yes he was in the wrong for going so fast down a grid road, not the best judgement at all especially for not knowing the roads. As it was a dip in the road that caused the truck to roll end over end.

All im trying to say here is no team in the right mind would trade away what KEL did to get Bell if they didnt have some very intelligent law advice on this case. Coming to Regina to play with the Pats was not in the best interest to Bell or the Pats, as it would of been too much of a distraction to the team. Alot of the Pats players knew the girl as well, so there could of been some bad blood just with that as well.

I wish Bell the best with his new team & i hope he has alot of individual success in KEL, when u have had someone killed by a drunk driver (or any driver) they always say u must forgive before u can get over the pain. Anyone who has had a family member or friend killed in a vechile accident knows this. I know all to well about this, as ive had 2 family members killed by a drunk driver 1 in the city of regina (ring road & pasqua gate) & another out by a town called Carsland AB

my last post on this topic, as the season starts tomorrow & this is all of the past now