PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs MJ

patsdude114
09-02-2011, 10:52 PM
wow what a brutal game even for a preseason game, 22 combined PPs in the game & tons of soft calls on both sides.

Those 2 refs should be embarrassed completely wrecking any type of a hockey game. Im sure glad i only had to pay $2 to watch that crap.

There was a few good plays in the game but nothing too exciting (which is typical for a preseason game) on the flip side i think Stone played pretty solid considering all the PP chances the Pats had especially in the 1st. He made some very solid saves.

RWAH
09-02-2011, 11:02 PM
I agree with ****ty refereeing, and Stone had a solid game but I am really impressed with our coaching. Our 2 young D-men. Volek will be an asset. You posted earlier that if we get Davidson and Bidlevskii back from pro camps our D will be solid and I am now a believer, Williams, Borroughs and peel look like they can play in this league. Maybe its just my rose colored glasses?

patsdude114
09-02-2011, 11:40 PM
I agree that Burroughs, Peel & Williams all looked fantastic tonite. All 3 showed great poise with the puck & made alot of smart break out passes. One thing i found with Burroughs tho is he has to shoot the puck alot quicker, instead of stopping it & loading up a wrister. He will learn this as the season progresses or he will never score.

I cant remember if it was u or someone else who said they werent impressed with Underwood in the blue & white game but tonite he played great. Was ur typcial stay at home kind of Dman even unleashed a few good shots on the PP.

Mentioning the PP btw...... wow is it so nice to NOT watch a HUNT ran PP, Conachar has the Pats really skating in the offensive zone while passing the puck around, the Dmen really touch the puck alot lots of D to D passes. Sure beats Hunts PP where everything is down low between 2 players.

Boltz9
09-03-2011, 10:55 AM
wow what a brutal game even for a preseason game, 22 combined PPs in the game & tons of soft calls on both sides.

Those 2 refs should be embarrassed completely wrecking any type of a hockey game. Im sure glad i only had to pay $2 to watch that crap.

There was a few good plays in the game but nothing too exciting (which is typical for a preseason game) on the flip side i think Stone played pretty solid considering all the PP chances the Pats had especially in the 1st. He made some very solid saves.

$2? Jeez, our intrasquad games cost more than that.

chalk_one_up
09-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Haha and in PA, $10.00 gets you in the gate for an exhibition game. Do they not know it's like practice games? Overrated product to be quite honest. I don't get it though, Saskatoon can put names on their jersey's and charge nothing for admission, but we're robbing people at $10.00 for practice games?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

patsdude114
09-03-2011, 12:01 PM
$2? Jeez, our intrasquad games cost more than that.

Only season ticker holders got in for $2 anyone other walk-ups i believe were charged $10... season ticket holders still havent got a chance to pick-up our tickets & wont be able to til Sept 21 i believe i read (2 days before the season starts)

Also us season ticket holders have to go down to the Pats office before our next 2 preseason home games & pick up complimentary tickets for those games since they r suppose to be included into our season ticket package but since they wont be ready til a later date they have to do something for us.

I think $10 for preaseason is a complete rip off, the hockey is terrible for the most part & really only the season ticket holders take in the preseason (cuz we r crazy lol) WHL preseason is just like the CFL preseason the hockey doesnt get good til 2 or 3 weeks into the season, same goes for the CFL the football is terrible until like week 3 (some would argue it never gets good tho lol)

Rye
09-03-2011, 12:26 PM
$10 is a ripoff. I wouldn't say just because the quality of hockey is low, I would say that because it's preseason. The Blades offering a free game tonight is shocking to me so I'm going to take advantage of it to finally go watch some hockey but lets get real here, these games don't mean anything to us, they're just for the players trying to make a good impression and crack the squad. The most I'll pay for a game like that is $3.

Boltz9
09-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Ya the intrasquad game here tomorrow is around $10 I believe. And somewhere just above that for our pre-season games. But I shouldn't complain as our season tickets were $325 :P

patsdude114
09-03-2011, 02:09 PM
$10 is a ripoff. I wouldn't say just because the quality of hockey is low, I would say that because it's preseason. The Blades offering a free game tonight is shocking to me so I'm going to take advantage of it to finally go watch some hockey but lets get real here, these games don't mean anything to us, they're just for the players trying to make a good impression and crack the squad. The most I'll pay for a game like that is $3.

I think all 22 teams are in the same boat as that comment, preseason games mean nothing as it is they are mainly for conditioning & for the guys on the bubble to make there last impression. For the most part coaches/GMs know who they want on the team before training camp even starts, you dont get too many surprises at this level.

Ya the intrasquad game here tomorrow is around $10 I believe. And somewhere just above that for our pre-season games. But I shouldn't complain as our season tickets were $325 :P

ya arnt Brandon's season tickets by far the lowest price in the league? I may end up heading up that way this year for a trip, as my aunt & uncle moved in to Brandon froma small town between Brandon & Winnipeg.

Rye
09-03-2011, 02:28 PM
That's exactly what I mean lol. Those games are going to happen whether people show up or not, why not let people just walk in for free or cheap so that you can see how your prospects will handle a crowd. Hell, maybe offering free games will get some people that don't want to pay out to the games and expose just how great major junior is live. Then maybe, and I know it would be a very small number, more people might feel more comfortable spending the full admission price during the regular season to see a solid game of WHL hockey.

golfing_great
09-05-2011, 08:49 PM
If you don't like it then don't go...$10 is cheap come on don't be so soft.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the input there, Russ Parker.

I normally wouldnt mind(especially with the STH discounted value), but $10 is steep especially if they are all like the last exhibition penalty fest.

which by the way, better not called as tight for most of the reg season like I expect it to be.