PDA

View Full Version : First Exhibition Game

Rebrevs
09-04-2011, 11:17 PM
I wasn't there(St. Albert) but it sounds like Naherniak did a good job in net. He shut out the Cougars for two periods. Pouliot let in one in the third. Burr scored both goals for the Rebels. Final score was 2-1 for the Rebels.

tiny
09-05-2011, 08:10 AM
The Rebels game summary says Froese got the goals but I wasn't there so I am not sure. Assists to Pufhal. Doetzel. Robinson, and Ness. The only goal against the Rebs was on the PP. One goal against in 29 shots sounds good this far. I hope they can do the same with SC today. It looks like PG took 12 minors including two "checking to the head" and the Rebs took 10 minors.

rdreb
09-05-2011, 09:48 AM
The first was was hard to watch with all the penalties
Watt and Spurgon was the reff.
Burr scored the two goals Froese was not there at all.
Nahemiak was in for two periods and showed what we have in the future in goal.
Ness had a penalty shot,and lost control off the puck.
I though he had a very good game.
McCoy had a very good game using his body and a few Good changes.
I the pairing off McCoy and Feser.
This for rc Muller still was doing the talk and taking the body hard.
D-mem that looked good was Pufal,Grayson,Doetzel they where taking the body alot in front, they made a few mistakes.
Thiel looks like he is going to play his way onto the team.
This is all for now

rdreb
09-05-2011, 09:54 AM
This is my opinion as a fan

SectionNDeserter
09-05-2011, 10:33 AM
The Rebels game summary says Froese got the goals but I wasn't there so I am not sure.It also says that the goaltenders played a combined 100 minutes per team...

D-mem that looked good was Pufal,Grayson,Doetzel they where taking the body alot in front, they made a few mistakes.
Thiel looks like he is going to play his way onto the team.I have the same thoughts on Thiel. If he makes the team, combined with the returning defensemen he would be the 8th defenseman. Who does he displace?

Rebelsfan13
09-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Would he displace Borejko? Two 20 year old rear guards may not make sense so if the Rebels were able to get another 20 year old forward then that would be my choice.

SectionNDeserter
09-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Would he displace Borejko? Two 20 year old rear guards may not make sense so if the Rebels were able to get another 20 year old forward then that would be my choice.I thought about that too, or perhaps Weller or both? If they aren't looking to go for it all this year, Weller might fetch a decent return, and give them some tools to work with next season, should they secure the Memorial Cup, while giving some of the younger guys more ice time.

Rebelsfan13
09-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Mark Mccoy gets a hattie yesterday in preseason! This kid looks like he is going to have a great year. With that size and some scoring touch you have to think he will get some time on the PP to stand in front of the net.

tiny
09-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Anyone have info on the injuries and real length of reovery for Burr and MiniMeat?

Shinyshoes
09-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Burr is out with a Knee injury and is Day-to-Day.

Trace (minimeat) Elson is out with a shoulder and is also Day-to-day.