PDA

View Full Version : PROJECTED ATTENDANCE

50sWHLer
09-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Looking back to the ECHL Salmon King Attendance over the last years, and except for the last year itself, the loss which was an RG self directed financial write off, there were many years where the attendance averaged 5500 - 6000.
I believe that Opening night for the ECHL was in the SOFMC was approx 7250.

What do you think the attendance will be for the WHL Victoria Royals considering the 1st year Buzz, RG moving somewhat to Tier Pricing, and previously unheard of off-season exposure, advertising, and promotion.

Supposedly 3000 STH already??? So, are we looking at around the 5500-6000 area or????

Interesting to see what you think !

the Royal Flush
09-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Probably a full house,but who gives a damn. We are getting WHL hockey again!:clap:

pontcanna
09-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Attendance figures almost never lined up with what you saw in the rink, thanks to the pre-sold season tix and business group purchases (like Soprano's) as well as private boxes. Big games would almost fill the joint. I think the Royals will be more popular, with a slightly different crowd - more families. I think the BCHL Grizzlies will take a hit and may end up moving (does the Comox Valley Sports Centre have enough seating for BCHL?).

But after a year or two? I have a funny feeling that the Victoria hockey crowd is the Victoria hockey crowd and we'll see a sustainable attendance of 4,000 average.

CdnSailor
09-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Attendance figures almost never lined up with what you saw in the rink, thanks to the pre-sold season tix and business group purchases (like Soprano's) as well as private boxes. Big games would almost fill the joint. I think the Royals will be more popular, with a slightly different crowd - more families. I think the BCHL Grizzlies will take a hit and may end up moving (does the Comox Valley Sports Centre have enough seating for BCHL?).

But after a year or two? I have a funny feeling that the Victoria hockey crowd is the Victoria hockey crowd and we'll see a sustainable attendance of 4,000 average.

Still to expensive for families to attend. If there was 3000 ST sold this year it will be because it is a novalty. Same as when the ECHL was here. Had we had a decent team and most likely a captain that was not brought in to damage the team they may still be around. If we have a loosing team they will not come.

50sWHLer
09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Agree, still too expensive for a Family ! You need a Ticket / Concession package to entice the families to come at a higher rate than in past years. Don't know whether we will see that though. Don't see any advertised Family specials

Nice to see 'Afforable' $12.00 tickets high in the corners though , BUT I wonder how they will control those who purchase the Cheaper NoseBleeds, then move down to better seats - ---- At a Forum projected 5000:rolleyes: average, that sill leaves a Heck of a lot MT seats !!

And $25 to sit in the 1st Row --- Geez, they won't even let you put your 'Pop' on the board top stringer, or slap the glass to celebrate a goal !! --- Hey, wait a minute, BUT Marty does !! -- A guess the Rules for paying customers are different.