PDA

View Full Version : Ketlo to LETH

patsdude114
09-11-2011, 04:50 PM
As expected Ketlo didnt have much of a chance making our roster this year, as he is not a lights out 20yr old goalie by anymeans.

What is it about LETH liking our 20yr old goalies? 2 yrs ago they traded for Rowat as a 20yr old that gave way to Ketlo to be our starter (altho Ketlo was not ready to be a starter in this league at that time)

http://www.reginapats.com/article/pats-and-hurricanes-deal

Rye
09-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Good GM relationship would be your answer.

patsdude114
09-11-2011, 05:19 PM
that has some merit but dont think Lang has ties to Preston not like Parker did

west coast
09-11-2011, 06:52 PM
excellent trade for Pats as Ketlo had zero chance of finishing his career with the Pats.I am not sure who Lethbridge has as a backup because one would believe that Brandon Anderson would be the starter for Lethbridge.It is kind of puzzling to think that Lethbridge would use a 20 year old as a backup , but lets see how this all unfolds

Caniac#5
09-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Not sure why we picked up Ketlo yet. We already have three overagers in Braes, Sutter and Fyten. I assume we're not getting one of them back for the upcoming season and Ketlo might be a good fit right now as we don't seem to have any stability in net. I was curious about his performance last year which was hard to tell after we both had less than respectful seasons.

patsdude114
09-13-2011, 09:12 PM
he has zero wow factor & is terrible at playing the puck (& thats putting it lightly) i have never been a Ketlo fan. To give him some credit though he has never played on a good team in a Pats jersey & his numbers show that.

I just dont think he has what it takes to be a 20yr old goalie in this league. I thought the Pats should of traded him last season at trade deadline he would of been a perfect back up for a top team as some sort of insurance, but it didnt happen.

I think the Canes will end up releasing him by the 20yr old cut off date.

Caniac#5
09-15-2011, 08:03 AM
he has zero wow factor & is terrible at playing the puck (& thats putting it lightly) i have never been a Ketlo fan. To give him some credit though he has never played on a good team in a Pats jersey & his numbers show that.

I just dont think he has what it takes to be a 20yr old goalie in this league. I thought the Pats should of traded him last season at trade deadline he would of been a perfect back up for a top team as some sort of insurance, but it didnt happen.

I think the Canes will end up releasing him by the 20yr old cut off date.

You're right about the "wow factor" with Ketlo. In our game vs the tigers he played a solid and a very technically sound game. I thought that he played the puck rather well. His size was what surprised me though. He can play big in the net and can take on players when they decide to crash the net.

patsdude114
09-15-2011, 04:45 PM
r u sure that was ketlo??

sure someone else wasnt wearing his jersey?