PDA

View Full Version : More Reconition For Bortis

Toswammi
06-08-2005, 11:27 PM
This kid is on a roll. Won Macs, the Nationals, a top scorer is the Sask Midget League, Top forward of the Telus Cup, and now one of the 40 players named to the U-18 training camp roster. (full roster can be found here http://www.hockeycanada.ca/e/teams/mens/u18/2005-06/rosters/can_dev.html)
Congrats to Mr. Bortis, Its been quite the year for this young kid, here is hoping he comes to swift and contributes.

Flathead
06-08-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing him play this year. He should be a treat to watch grow into a possible league elite player. He will probally take some time to adjust to the WHL, but after the year he had last year he should be ready. Congrats to him on being selected! :clap:

smackitsakic
06-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Boy got skill. I lived with Horseman for too long to not know this by now. Bortis can already go and meet his #1 fan if he so chooses.

Toswammi
06-09-2005, 05:39 PM
You should know this one. Bortis isn't my fav. player (yet) is Boris. I know its close, but geez i thought you knew this one. :) Anyways if Kyle can come to Swift next year and contribute, not necessarly light it up, but contribute, (he is only 17yrs old, and few 17yrs shine in this league), i might have to change fav. player allegances.

smackitsakic
06-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Everybodies favorite European Bronco doesn't count. He's everybodies favorite Bronco.

Toswammi
06-09-2005, 09:58 PM
I'm sure we could easily start a thread on some of the stuff hes done or heck said during games.
Hey smack, gotta love the Shaw announcers, yep I have to agree that Boris is the toughest european in the league :laugh:
On a side note, the broncos souvenier store has some game worn jerseys including Boris' for a couple of hundred dollar bills. You can check out the availability on the Bronco website. Should be interesting to see how fast some of those jerseys clear.

Oh-Vee
06-09-2005, 10:40 PM
Unless I am missing out on an inside joke, Boris is from Burnaby. http://www.scbroncos.com/team/players/players.html

Toswammi
06-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Shaw was televising a MJ, Swift Current game from the Civic Center in Swift. Boris ended up getting his helmut knocked off, adn the announcers keyed in on his mohawk, saying he is one of the toughest europeans in the league, and saying they wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley. So for those very competent shaw announcers if your name sounds european, then you are european.

Oh-Vee
06-10-2005, 11:29 AM
I don't get Shaw so I didn't see that. I got the Bell satalite so I could watch my Canucks on the Centre Ice package. That worked out really well for me.

I am excited to see Boris for a full season in SC. It will be interesting to see how he plays when he isn't recovering from a broken jaw.