PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs/Raiders Trade

chalk_one_up
09-15-2011, 01:01 PM
http://www.raiderhockey.com/article/raiders-acquire-defenceman-tyler-vanscourt

So, with another older defenseman in the group, does that mean Sawyer Lange's time is done for this season with the Raiders? Or am I reading too much into it right now?

raider4ever
09-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Some might not want to hear this but i think that just sealed the deal that bettauer will be put on waivers. Either way its a nice deal and it shows we listed a quality kid in Knight to bring back a decent vet dman in return. I think Lange has played well enough to earn the Berry spot. A little worried that Bruno might not like his Dad being around as much as he is though

Agreed, bettauer's days are numbered. This is good, i'm looking forward to the Maylan and Parker combination picking up where they left off last year. I think it would a mistake to trade either one and we all know Herrod isnt going to be traded.

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Agreed, bettauer's days are numbered. This is good, i'm looking forward to the Maylan and Parker combination picking up where they left off last year. I think it would a mistake to trade either one and we all know Herrod isnt going to be traded.

Parker may not come back he got a invite to main camp has looked great and also signed a contract in the ECHL he may wanna earn money right away if he thinks he will never be a NHLER

the final 20 spot is gonna be between wells and Parker in my opinion

Raiderfan8
09-15-2011, 05:02 PM
I noticed PARKER is no longer named on the rookie prospects team on the Buffalo Sabers website.

lordstanley
09-15-2011, 05:14 PM
I noticed PARKER is no longer named on the rookie prospects team on the Buffalo Sabers website.

It's either cause he commited to the ECHL already or he is in Buffal main camp my guess is buffalo main camp

Landon
09-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Some might not want to hear this but i think that just sealed the deal that bettauer will be put on waivers. Either way its a nice deal and it shows we listed a quality kid in Knight to bring back a decent vet dman in return. I think Lange has played well enough to earn the Berry spot. A little worried that Bruno might not like his Dad being around as much as he is though
I hope you were at the game lastnight because Berry played great 2nd star. Wasylenko struggled and I thought Lange did abit also. I still think Bruno should keep 20 year old Bettauer. He has had a great camp and lastnights game I thought he dominated the defence. I have watched camp, intrasquad, pre-season and most of there practices. My thoughts have changed a bit being:
Corbin, Bettauer 1st pp
Morrisey, Ruopp 2nd pp
yaworski, Ruopp 1st pk
Corbin, Bettauer 2nd pk
Pairings:
Yaworski, Ruopp
Morrisey, Bettauer
Corbin, Berry
Vanscourt.
BAZEVICS or LANGE.

Landon
09-17-2011, 02:50 PM
I agree , but Vanscourt will be playying as 3rd dman at worst. Sorry if i said that wrong. I am not thinking Bettauer would be out because of play its just if they get Herrod, Parker and Maylan back its a tough call. All ppg guys last year and usually improve totals every year.
I don't think Vanscourt will be playing 3rd d man at worst. He played with a very good team last year. He played in all Spokane's exhibition this year and struggled apparently and had 1 assist. He won't play ahead of Bettauer, Corbin, Ruopp, Morrisey or Yaworski. As far as Maylan, Parker, Herrod. I thought Parker was hurt in playoffs but when he signed to go pro that put all speculation aside. Plus i really don't think Parker will be back. I think he will sign with Buffalo's system. I have watched Maylan, Wells and Bettauer closely at camp and practices and it shows Bettauer wants to be here. Lastnights game I thought would be a good test and both Maylan and Wells had points but were not dominating at there positions. I think Wells was hurt a while ago and he maybe not be a 100 percent yet.

raiderfan88
09-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Landon it looks to me like Maylan and Wells had 4 points each in last nights game...

patsdude114
09-18-2011, 10:46 PM
nice trade forsure for the Raiders & Vancourt will easily be a 3rd or 4th guy on the Raiders, Spokane traded him cuz they r in abit of a rebuilding stage not cuz he was struggling. They needed some depth in the crease & they got it with this deal.

Vancourt will be a very effective player & will strengthen the Raiders D

also a side note i doubt u will see Parker back in the Raiders jersey, will be a big blow to the Raiders offense this year. Also a true Pats killer always seemed like he had 3 pts in a game against the pats.