PDA

View Full Version : Blidstrand & Elynuik - back from Flyers

dsquared
09-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Per Pats Web Site

Ricard Blidstrand and Campbell Elynuik were returned to the Pats from the Philadelphia Flyers.

No real surprise.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-19-2011, 05:14 PM
I just excited we got something that resembles a goon for a change.

Im thinking the few games I watch I will probably enjoy.

patsdude114
09-19-2011, 05:59 PM
yes no surprise here strenghtens our D (altho alot dont think so) & gives us more toughness

Blidstrand does alot of good things back on the blueline & is 1 of the smoothest skaters the Pats have had in a very long time. Alot of times fans think it is his fault for turnovers during breakout passes but its not his fault that only a select few (Weal, Mitchell & sometimes Schiedl) can actually receive a crisp pass. Those are not Blidstrand's fault, yes he makes mistakes with the puck but so do every other Dmen in this league.

Elynuik i am very excited to watch more, he doesnt seem like too bad of a hockey player either. He brings added toughness to this team that it deperately needs, & a big body that can stand infront of the net on the PP

patsdude114
09-20-2011, 06:51 PM
slightly off topic.... i was on the Oilers website this past weekend & they had Davidson listed but i was just on the site today & he is no where to be found... has there been any word that maybe they reassigned him to junior or just sent him to the AHL for now?

lordstanley
09-20-2011, 07:27 PM
He's in the Oilers lineup tonight vs the BlackHawks in Saskatoon

patsdude114
09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
ahhhh werid that he isnt on the webpage today then.... how did he look? if u went

Bepoleon
09-22-2011, 04:55 AM
I just excited we got something that resembles a goon for a change.

Im thinking the few games I watch I will probably enjoy.

I agree. I think the rivalry between us and Moose Jaw will be re-ignited this season. Both have some pretty tough dudes.

I've always been a firm believer in having a tough guy on the team and I don't mean Travis Churchman tough lol.

IMO, a team plays a heluva lot better when they are not intimidated and scared of the other team. Toughness by comittee is okay but having a top notch goon on your side, kinda gives you the courage to go into the corners, fly around and play your game (whatever it is) because u know whatever happens u have that guy backing you to the end.