PDA

View Full Version : Season Opener in Regina

Tamal_SC
09-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Anyone know if there is a bus going to Regina for the opener on Friday? What do you think our lineup will look like?

Quarter Century Fan
09-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I think I will wait until Saturday Oct 1st and go to Moose Jaw to see their new rink. I hope a few people go to Regina to cheer on the team.

trucker
09-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I'll be listenin to Mullin's PBP. Would be nice to come out to a 2-0 start!! Especially against the Pats! Go Broncos:bounce:

Toswammi
09-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Lowry got re-assigned this morning. I would think he would be playing this weekend.

This leaves Scarlett as the only guy that is still in camp

Tamal_SC
09-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I heard that Scarlett should be back this weekend but probably not for either game. I guess we will see what happens. Still hoping to get out to Regina tomorrow but not sure yet.

patsdude114
09-24-2011, 01:03 AM
I'll be listenin to Mullin's PBP. Would be nice to come out to a 2-0 start!! Especially against the Pats! Go Broncos:bounce:

So much for a 2-0 start maybe a 0-2 start if the Broncos played like they did tonite tomorrow nite in SC... the broncos didnt generate much at all even the 1st period where they dominated the shot clock they only had 2 chances & scored on 1 of them.

Curious to see how game 2 goes in SC, do the Pats build on the game on Friday nite or do the Broncos decide to play a full 60 minutes.

I must say the goal of the nite came from a 16yr old rookie in Klimchuk the shot he unleashed from the high slot was absoluately lethal. That was the 1st of many goals in his WHL career & the 1st 1 is always the sweetest.

On a side note, who is going to be the odd man out in the Broncos situation of 20yr olds. I see u guys still have all 4 forwards with 3 of them wearing letters so does that mean Peddle is the odd man out?

With it clear as day the Pats will not be getting Mitchell back id love to see the Pats make a trade for Peddle.

trucker
09-24-2011, 05:29 AM
How was the Broncos goaltending Patsdude? That's the part of this team that concerns me most. And your right...no 2-0 start this year, 1-1 would still be ok.

patsdude114
09-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Smith made some good saves, he really likes to play the puck & seems pretty good at it too. He didnt really have much chance on any goal 3 of the Pats goals were scored scored from 5ft out. The 1st goal i think he really wants back but other then that he didnt stand much chance. I think the D needs to be stronger infront of the net tho.

I thought the Broncos PP looked really good, looks like Lamb did alot of work on the PP but then again i think ur whole top unit on the PP all played the PP last year which helps alot too. I really like Hoban alot, i think he will be a top 3, 20yr old this year in points. I wish there was a way the Pats could land him for there final 20yr old spot.

On a side note the Broncos really struggled to enter the Pats zone with the puck on the PP, ull see tonite on how the Pats kill penalties it forces a dump in as the Pats stack the red line with 3 players & only 1 forechecker (kind of a forechecker)

witness
09-24-2011, 10:27 AM
SC goaltending was OK. But, he was unable to make the saves that would have kept them in the game. The Pats goals were not cheapies, but there was nothing specticular in the SC goaltending.
The Pats goaltending on the other hand was specticular. It should have been a much closer game, but Hewey made a couple of outstanding saves.
I think you have some issues on the backend. They didn't move the puck fast enough and were unable to shut down the cycle of the Pats. More specifically the smaller players (Hunt, Volak, Stephanson).

trucker
09-24-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm kinda surprised by your comments of our defense. That's supposed to be a strong element to our team this year! Hopefully it's opening night jitters, would hate to have a repeat of last year. Scoring will be an issue as well as goaltending, but not the D. Hopefully results are better tonight!

patsdude114
09-24-2011, 10:02 PM
I think the Broncos need to contact LETH about Anderson or somewhere else for a goalie. Smith i dont think is ready to be a starter in the WHL, not many 18yr old goalies are ready to be full time starters. It happened to us with Ketlo at age 18 & it didnt serve him any good in his development.

You guys do have a solid D on paper & i know from the game in Regina he needed to come up with a big save when it was 3-1 & failed to do so. It can totally deflate a team. Im not saying the panic button is being pressed yet but i would think it has to be abit of a concern having allowed 9 goals in 2 games & only 3 to show for.

Looks/sounded like the Broncos again had problems entering the Pats zone when on the PP, i really love how my Pats kill penalties with building a wall at the redline & forcing a dump in.

Any ideas yet from a fans point of view who may be the odd man out in the 20yr old situation?

Toswammi
09-24-2011, 10:12 PM
I think the Broncos need to contact LETH about Anderson or somewhere else for a goalie. Smith i dont think is ready to be a starter in the WHL, not many 18yr old goalies are ready to be full time starters. It happened to us with Ketlo at age 18 & it didnt serve him any good in his development.

You guys do have a solid D on paper & i know from the game in Regina he needed to come up with a big save when it was 3-1 & failed to do so. It can totally deflate a team. Im not saying the panic button is being pressed yet but i would think it has to be abit of a concern having allowed 9 goals in 2 games & only 3 to show for.

Looks/sounded like the Broncos again had problems entering the Pats zone when on the PP, i really love how my Pats kill penalties with building a wall at the redline & forcing a dump in.

Any ideas yet from a fans point of view who may be the odd man out in the 20yr old situation?

Well the least popular is Wagner by far, personally I like him more then most however.

Toswammi
09-24-2011, 10:12 PM
This looks like it will be a long season, hopefully it doesn't kill the organization.

trucker
09-24-2011, 10:57 PM
It does appear (from tonight anyway) that we could be in for another long year! And I agree, I hope it doesn't kill this club either!!! Another small crowd, and I find it very embarrasing!!!!

I liked Peddles efforts tonight, enjoyed Blanke's fight, and watching Nedomlel develop into a force is a good thing as well.

Call me crazy, but Scarlett has yet to impress me as a Bronco. He just doesn't have the strenght to push the opposition off the puck. I know he is a draft pick and highly regarded by scouts, but I have yet to see anything that I'm excited about in him. Take it for what you will, just my opinion.

We have gotten bigger, that is a positive!! But I really don't know know what Lamb is building here!!?? If we are a hard team to play against, where are the hard hits? We don't have scoring power, so where is the grit? Why are we struggling so much in our end??!!...still??? Our defense other than Nedomlel hasn't really improved much, or so it appears. Does this come back on Evjien?

Maybe it's too soon to be so judgemental, but it wasn't fun tonight, and not much to cheer about, however, I will continue to support this team!! Losing the Broncos would be a horrible blow to the city...HORRIBLE!!!! I think trading for some scoring power, is a must. I know it's easier said than done, again though, just my opinion.

And finally, on the 20 year old situation, trade away Hoban, and keep Wagner (he is a heart and soul player), Peddle and Vause!! Hoban is too soft!! And another team may want his offensive upside.

Toswammi
09-24-2011, 11:13 PM
The thing I find with Scarlett is he is subtly good. He isn't all that big but uses positioning and his stick to make the play.

My biggest concern with this team is the lack of 19 yr old talent (Which I figure is the worst in the league). By the end of the game tonight we had only one of the 5 dressed 19s in our top 6f and top 4d. Personally a 19 is of little value if they aren't key guys that play minutes. Neither of he D will be here next season (replaced by Martin and Gonek), Blanke is alright bu really nothing special, Moser is sittin in the crowd, can we just cut him now. Magnus is on the forth line taking minutes away from a guy like MacKay (or even Bosc) and Cameron is so hit and miss.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Its just the first couple games, with a new goaltender, and some fresh faces as well as rusty players. Its not how you start the season, its how you end it. As for the pats, this is a nice start, but means little. if they dont keep it going.

That being said, I really dont like how 'Mary had a little Lamb' runs a hockey team, and if he were runnings things for the pats, I wouldve jumped ship seasons ago.

I wouldnt put it past him to cut Wagner, the broncos best forward(always comes to play against the pats) and the type of player the broncos need the most. Lamb would probably go pick up Hutt again, put him with Hoban and some shrimp and call it the 'butter' line.

trucker
09-25-2011, 05:40 AM
Its just the first couple games, with a new goaltender, and some fresh faces as well as rusty players. Its not how you start the season, its how you end it. As for the pats, this is a nice start, but means little. if they dont keep it going.

That being said, I really dont like how 'Mary had a little Lamb' runs a hockey team, and if he were runnings things for the pats, I wouldve jumped ship seasons ago.

I wouldnt put it past him to cut Wagner, the broncos best forward(always comes to play against the pats) and the type of player the broncos need the most. Lamb would probably go pick up Hutt again, put him with Hoban and some shrimp and call it the 'butter' line.

Bahahahahahahaha!!! Never thought I'd see the day where I'd agree with you SAJ, but it came today I guess! I did say at the end of last year though, I was going to have to forget the whole Lamb fiasco and have a better attitude this year. But like like you said Toswammi, and I completly agree, what is the point of sitting 19 year olds?? Magnus probably only played 6 shifts all night!?! Maybe it's too soon to judge this team, I don't know. I know they need our support, and maybe some of these issues will get straightened out, let's hope so.

ointhecreek
09-25-2011, 06:30 AM
I believe it's painfully obvious we need better goaltending and Lamb said he isn't even looking. Going to wait until it's to late again. Not going to up the season ticket sales by loosing.:burningmad:

Toswammi
09-25-2011, 07:21 AM
I believe it's painfully obvious we need better goaltending and Lamb said he isn't even looking. Going to wait until it's to late again. Not going to up the season ticket sales by loosing.:burningmad:
It's early but wih our in zone coverage last night we could have Bunz/Pickard in net and the results would be similar.

Austin needs to work on either absorbing the puck or kicking it to the corner. You can be leaving the rebounds sit high in the crease.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-30-2011, 11:32 AM
noticed you guys reassigned Zac Mackay.

uh, why?

he looked good enough to play on the team even last year. Dumb to cut him if you ask me, especially in favor of a guy like 19 year old Moser who wont be a 20 in this league.

again, i really dont like how lamb does things. i hate the broncos and its even starting to annoy me.

scbfan
09-30-2011, 01:30 PM
I for one don't understand why you would have a 19 year old in a 4th line situation, that space should be used for younger players to develope. Magnus and Moser are players that I would shop around and give us a chance to let guys like McKay to get playing time. Just my opinion, and if you ask my wife it's wrong any ways! LOL We should go after local Tim Vanstone(15) from Prince Albert , he can either be a strong power forward with scoring ability or an offensive defencemen that can rush the puck.

dodywood4ever
09-30-2011, 03:54 PM
We will look back and see that this current regime was the end of the Broncos in Swift Current.

Broncs in RD
10-01-2011, 12:42 AM
It is so funny last year people were so pissed that the 4th line never got any playing time and that our "young" players could not develope that way.
Now this year Lamb feels it is better for Zac to play top 6 minutes in AAA and get to play all situations to develope his game so he can be a GREAT player next year in the DUB. Once again people are pissed.
Fack people come on.
Moser is a player who is for a lack of a better term a stop gap player, until next year. Which is when we can ice some pretty talented players.
I for one would rather Zac play in AAA and keep his skill level high rather than play 9 shifts on a 4th line and become a plug.
Next year we will have the likes of
Zac, Koukis, Bosc, Gelinas (all reassigned to develope) will come up with Black, Gordon, Lowry, Howorko, Derko right there that is 3 Lines all very skilled.
I am sure Lamb is a little brighter than the great fans of Swift. If you cant see what Lamb is building you are either blind or just want to ****** about everything. Our D next year will be Amazing, top 6 Forward units very skilled a 4th line tougher than nails.
Sure we need a Tender, but with Mayland and Smith this year at least we get to see what we have between the pipes sooner rather than later.

Flathead
10-01-2011, 10:03 AM
I am sure Lamb is a little brighter than the great fans of Swift. If you cant see what Lamb is building you are either blind or just want to ****** about everything. Our D next year will be Amazing, top 6 Forward units very skilled a 4th line tougher than nails.

I agree and believe that Lamb is doing a WAY BETTER job of building a team than Dean Chynoweth ever dreamed of! We are still dealing with DEANS mess! Keep up the good work Lamb!

Toswammi
10-01-2011, 01:04 PM
So far this season I think the coaching staff has done a good job working to the teams strengths.