PDA

View Full Version : Keep your eyes peeled

Scout
06-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Former Bronco star and current N.H.L. super star Joe Sakic is back in town. Bumped into him today and had a little chat. Back in town for a few days visiting the in-laws. Good to see he is still very down to earth and always has time for a chat. So if you see someone that looks like him it probably is him.

Scout

Scout
06-09-2005, 06:54 PM
I was going to then thought, hey the Sportman's Dinner was made to go hand in hand with the Mcleary-Marleau golf tourny, which is the next day. If Joe was sticking around for the tourny thenTeam Canada coach Marc Habscheid, Trent Mcleary and Pat Marleau are all involved with the dinner and are all attending along with other N.H.L. players. I'm sure they will make Joe attend the supper and buy a ticket, so i figured i would let them strong arm him to attend.

Scout

smackitsakic
06-11-2005, 04:52 PM
Saw Joe with his son and father in law at the Chinook golf course where they were putting in a round. Joe is a big guy, and seems to be really down to Earth as i've found out in the past. I was gonna yell "your jerseys on my wall" but, haha, i guess i thought it would be best to be mature about it and let him enjoy a peaceful afternoon with his family. I'm sure he doesn't get alot of quiet time out in public as it is.
Joes a pretty good golfer too. His drive was about as deep as mine and he stuck the other two shots of his that i watched pretty tight to the pin. Apparantly hockey isn't the only thing he is great at. I was pretty star struck having the best wrist shot the world has ever seen just 10 yards away from me, not to mention my hero!! You rock Joe, you rock!
I leave for Fairmont tomorrow so Happy Early Fathers Day Scout. I'll miss ya when i'm gone.

Broncs in RD
06-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Have a great time. Afleet Alex won the Belmont by crazy lenght's hope you placed your bets. Hope the broncos start making some trades to get things going.

Scout
06-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Have a great golf trip. see you in a week.

Scout