PDA

View Full Version : If Dziurzynski comes back...

Nook
09-25-2011, 02:46 PM
What does Lorne do in regards to the 20 year old situation?

I don't think it benefits the team to spend an overage spot on a goaltender at this time. Last year it made sense because the Blades were expected to contend, and this year I think it's better to build for a possible memorial cup hosting next year.

In my opinion... trade Morrison if you can and let Makarov start.

Trav
09-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Well if he came back, the Blades would be crazy to get rid of any of the forwards especially Paradis who has come in and is leading the team pretty much. Darian is a force, Trask came here last year and did really well and is a local guy.

patsdude114
09-25-2011, 03:15 PM
there is maybe a 5% chance he comes back to junior & that is even high, he is falling into the same boat as Mitchell. Both players are the same type of players, high energy work there tails off every shift. Those types of guys will make the move.

Isnt Dziurzynski signed as well? if he is signed (which im pretty sure he is but could be wrong) u guys r getting ur hopes up for nothing.

I do agree Morrison should be dealt, he is not 20yr old material for a goalie. Whenever he played last season the Blades looked like an avg team at best, it was Stanford that carried u guys. Gave the team the extra confidence knowing they could be extra aggressive & he would be there to bail them out if they got caught too deep.

Trav
09-25-2011, 04:48 PM
there is maybe a 5% chance he comes back to junior & that is even high, he is falling into the same boat as Mitchell. Both players are the same type of players, high energy work there tails off every shift. Those types of guys will make the move.

Isnt Dziurzynski signed as well? if he is signed (which im pretty sure he is but could be wrong) u guys r getting ur hopes up for nothing.

I do agree Morrison should be dealt, he is not 20yr old material for a goalie. Whenever he played last season the Blades looked like an avg team at best, it was Stanford that carried u guys. Gave the team the extra confidence knowing they could be extra aggressive & he would be there to bail them out if they got caught too deep.

Darian isn't signed yet so there's still a possbility he'll be back and I agree the team had more confidence in Stanford.

Nook
09-25-2011, 04:54 PM
I would imagine that we should know pretty quick if Dziurzynski is coming back... but it all depends on what Phoenix has planned for him. I actually think he can be a Dustin Penner type NHL player with more drive and consistency. They'd be stupid not to sign him.

They may think he could benefit from a year in the WHL being the superstar type player, but we'll see.

lordstanley
09-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Well time will tell how he does in Portlands training camp i think he could be AHL ready but he hasn't signed yet so thats what makes it interesting

as for the Pats fan comparing him to Mitchell i don't agree with that, sure Mitchell is a ok player but no near as offensive as Dziurzynski seeing big Z put up 35 goals last season and won more than half his fights he was in, sure their simaller the way they play, but Dziurzynski has more of a offensive upside is all

Trav
09-25-2011, 05:52 PM
Well time will tell how he does in Portlands training camp i think he could be AHL ready but he hasn't signed yet so thats what makes it interesting

as for the Pats fan comparing him to Mitchell i don't agree with that sure Mitchell is a ok player but no near as offensive as Dziurzynski seeing big Z put up 35 goals last season and won more than half his fights he was in their simaller the way they play but Dziurzynski has more of a offensive upside is all

Mitchell is more then an ok player. If he was just ok he'd be back playing in the WHL this year. Sure DD scored more but Regina was one of the worst teams in the league where as the Blades were the top team in the league. Put Mitchell on the Blades last year and he would've scored more then he did in Regina. Kinda hard to compare their goal totals given the situation they were both in. I would agree with pats fan, both are similar in how they play the game.

lordstanley
09-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Mitchell is more then an ok player. If he was just ok he'd be back playing in the WHL this year. Sure DD scored more but Regina was one of the worst teams in the league where as the Blades were the top team in the league. Put Mitchell on the Blades last year and he would've scored more then he did in Regina. Kinda hard to compare their goal totals given the situation they were both in. I would agree with pats fan, both are similar in how they play the game.

Yes but Mitchell only played with weal is that chopped liver man think before you post wow

lordstanley
09-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Thing i'm getting at here is Mitchell topped out offensivly when he was 18 now Dziurzynski kept getting better and better as he got older just like his brother david did, he is a bigger body with a nose for the net great fighter and just a overall better player

i'm not being a homer here i'm just playing them the way i see them sorry if this bugs some of you

lostsheep
09-27-2011, 08:39 AM
A line with Collins, DD, Benson would be a hard checking line to conted with as all tose players are har in on the forecheck and all BACK CHECK as well. I wish more of our players would come back in our own end as hard as Benson does.

twentyone
09-28-2011, 02:57 PM
I personally think Dziurzynski will come back and here is why. He was drafted as a 19 yr old, and I believe a team that drafts a player has 2 years to sign that player before he becomes available (see Adam Morrison who never got signed). It would be a different story if Darian was drafted as a 17 yr old which would have forced Phoenix to sign him this year. So in other words If your going to sign and pay a kid might as well have him play in your farm system. However in DD situation as far as I know Phoenix does not require to sign him and therefore would be crazy not to send him back to junior. Unless you believe he has a legitimate shot at possibly cracking the lineup at some point in time this season send him back to junior where he can still develop in a great league at the same time saving you money. Especially for a cash strapped organization like Phoenix.

Western Elite
09-28-2011, 03:08 PM
That is a great way to explain things to the people who aren't as imformed, thank you!

The only way Darian makes the team now is if he signs and Phoenix thinks he can be an impact player in the AHL. If Marek Viedensky didn't make, either should Darian. He would benifit from a dominant WHL season.

Nook
10-04-2011, 03:10 PM
So what happens if he comes back now?

We have Burns, Paradis and Trask as 20s. Who goes?

Does Lorne trade Dziurzynski to a team like Red Deer or Portland for some impact players next year?

Western Elite
10-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I think that is what is likely to happen if Darian does return to the Blades and they are awarded the Mem Cup on the 12th.

Not really too sure what the Blades could get for a 20 year old like Darian but my guess would be another 18 yr old winger with scoring ability. Maybe someone like Leipsic?

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Leipsic is 17 and could get drafted. Id say he is far outside the price range of "dd", who is worth the standard OA price if he comes back, which has yet to be seen.

The fact SJ sent Viedensky back isnt an indication of anything. Phoenix is a different organization, with different philosophies, prospect needs, depth etc.

Ther are many variables involved, but if you ask me, I dont think he is ready for the pro game yet, he is a late bloomer that could benefit from another season in a primary role...but Phoenix might think he would be a good addition. Neither outcome would surprise me.

Western Elite
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Phoenix has room for two more contracts currently. One is likely to go to Turris IMO. Nothing on the DD front will be decided until tomorrow on the Dziurzynski front but the fact of the matter is then Blades will be dealing some of their main assets away if they are awarded the MEM CUP.

I would have to disagree that he would return an "average" compensation if traded as well. I think you could get a decent young player in return if he's moved.