PDA

View Full Version : Regular Season thread

Pages : [1] 2

Joe Hallenback
09-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Since it has been pretty quiet here so far we will keep everything in one thread.

Finally got to watch the last game. Boys played pretty well I thought. They made some turnovers and it cost them though. Dubnyk also stood on his head and probably saved at least 3 goals if not more.

Bertaggia if he keeps it up will score 40+ goals this year. Stone was awesome again. Not sure if I like Ciarelli on that line they need someone with more skill to be really dominate.

Ferland is just off right now. Hopefully this week off helps him.

Seaman and Meuiller continued there strong play

The Rookies were better this game and hopefully they gain some confidence.

The D as a group was solid but they need to cut down on the bone head plays it cost us at least 2 goals.

Boes was solid and I don't think he could have saved any of the goals

sbtatter
09-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Listening to Clouston on 880 today, sounds like they will be sending some of the kids down shortly. Unless they make some trades, Waltz, McGauley and Kuczek could be a victim of #'s. I'm assuming they plan to keep Miller, Hunter and Galbraith on d, #3 is worth little as an overager, you have to keep the studs Fransoo, Roy and Pulock, so that only leaves room for Nikkel.
We sure could use a #1 center though hey, Ciarelli just doesn't cut it. ANd can Swyripa produce this year, big questions down the center......

chalk_one_up
09-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Taylor Cooper, Colton Waltz and Tim McGauley were all sent packing.

JMoney1988
09-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Well Tim Mcgauley wasn't really a shock, when he played for us, he was a pylon, saw really nothing in him.

JMoney1988
09-27-2011, 08:54 AM
You guys should also release Bertaggia ha ha, he is not doing that great this year.......

sbtatter
09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Well Tim Mcgauley wasn't really a shock, when he played for us, he was a pylon, saw really nothing in him.

I think he's going to be ok, I'm not ready to give up on him yet. He just turned 16, and he's starting to grow. Combine that with good vision and decent speed, and we might have a 2nd or 3rd line center next year. Not many kids actually make an impact at 16, unless they're named Schenn!

Joe Hallenback
09-27-2011, 11:49 AM
McGauley needs a year to grow I think. We will see what he is like next year.

Waltz is going to play Junior A with Bonnyville which is very good IMO. He will be physically ready next year to play here.

Also I heard a really good rumor from a good source

One team in the west who feel they have a real shot at everything this year has put out the feelers for Stone.

chalk_one_up
09-28-2011, 04:32 PM
With Glennie injured for the whole pre-season and not getting in any games, could there be a chance that he could be returned to junior because of a lack of experience and not enough reps with the Stars prospects?

sbtatter
09-28-2011, 10:42 PM
:mad:
McGauley needs a year to grow I think. We will see what he is like next year.

Waltz is going to play Junior A with Bonnyville which is very good IMO. He will be physically ready next year to play here.

Also I heard a really good rumor from a good source

One team in the west who feel they have a real shot at everything this year has put out the feelers for Stone.

Would he garner a Schenn like return? If so, it would be worth considering. Build a team around our 17's and papirny......

sbtatter
09-28-2011, 10:43 PM
With Glennie injured for the whole pre-season and not getting in any games, could there be a chance that he could be returned to junior because of a lack of experience and not enough reps with the Stars prospects?

He'll just go straight to the AHL, unfortunately

Joe Hallenback
09-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Started out slowly last night and Liston held us in. At times we were playing really solid hockey then we would go periods of time getting controlled. Got to stop with the dumb penalites had about 3 of them last night and we gave up 3 powerplay goals.

Not sold on Swryipa at all right now. He seems out of step with his linemates and he isn't creating anything out there.

Seaman and Meilluer both continue to be strong on the forecheck and both add size and physicallity up front.

Thought the rookie line was better tonight. Asham looked good and they had a few chances tonight to score.

Roy was a beast tonight. His passing was NHL quality. Pulock was very solid. Miller looked slow and disinterested. Not sure if he has an injury or not. Fransoo and Hunter went from ok to bad to good to ok to bad to good. Nikkel was really good. He had a great fight and was moving the puck well. He is going to push someone out of the lineup for sure.

We need a center for the 2nd line right now preferably someone with some size who can win faceoffs. Whether that is a 20 year old or in a trade it would help us solidify us for this year.

jayson
09-29-2011, 09:34 PM
We need a center for the 2nd line right now preferably someone with some size who can win faceoffs. Whether that is a 20 year old or in a trade it would help us solidify us for this year.[/QUOTE]

i thought i heard somewhere that walker was gonna play center this year or am i mistaken?

Joe Hallenback
09-30-2011, 07:16 AM
He is in the lineup tonight so I guess we will find out I bet the lines are

Stone Ciarelli Bertaggia
Ferland Seaman Walker
Favreau Mraz Meilleur
Conroy Asham Proft

I could see Swryipa sitting out tonight

sbtatter
09-30-2011, 08:04 AM
We need a center for the 2nd line right now preferably someone with some size who can win faceoffs. Whether that is a 20 year old or in a trade it would help us solidify us for this year.

i thought i heard somewhere that walker was gonna play center this year or am i mistaken?[/QUOTE]

I think we all know we're missing a high end center for the top line. I hope that our 4th line of Conroy, Asham and Proft have a chance to stay together all year and really grow into the dub.
You can watch Nikkel's fight here, wow, he schooled that other poor kid. Thanks Saskatoon!!
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/105255

booboo
09-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Does anyone know where this kid is playing this year?

Johnny Table
09-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know where this kid is playing this year?

He right now will be playing HS in Brandon. Wanted to play with Southwest but couldn't get a release and he doesn't want to play for the AAA Wheat Kings. He has set up a hearing with Hky MB to get his release to play for SW

chalk_one_up
09-30-2011, 01:44 PM
i thought i heard somewhere that walker was gonna play center this year or am i mistaken?

I think we all know we're missing a high end center for the top line. I hope that our 4th line of Conroy, Asham and Proft have a chance to stay together all year and really grow into the dub.
You can watch Nikkel's fight here, wow, he schooled that other poor kid. Thanks Saskatoon!!
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/105255[/QUOTE]

Haha Cave, your no hero. Let your boy take a clean hit for christ sakes without you trying to be a champ. If your boy can't take it, get the hell out of the league.

chalk_one_up
09-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Shootout advice:

1. Hit the net - most importantly
2. Try and win one this season, they could be important wins
3. Goaltenders, especially Boes, try having a better success rate better than stopping 9 of 23 shot attempts.

One practice should be dedicated to this :)

Jimbo24
10-01-2011, 01:52 AM
He right now will be playing HS in Brandon. Wanted to play with Southwest but couldn't get a release and he doesn't want to play for the AAA Wheat Kings. He has set up a hearing with Hky MB to get his release to play for SW
Hky MB denied his request. He is trying to get hockey canada to step in.

sbtatter
10-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Hky MB denied his request. He is trying to get hockey canada to step in.

He played for Parkland last night

sbtatter
10-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Very poor first 30 minutes. I don't think I've ever seen Pulock have a worse game, he led the charge of d-men and forwards making poor decisions when attempting to exit the zone. Stone also had an off night. 3 posts/crossbars didn't help us either! Swifty #7 was lucky to stay in the game after his crosscheck to bertaggia's head/neck, i thought that was the sort of hit Shanahan wants out of hockey? Blanke manned up and didn't turtle this time against Ferland, but still lost. Lowry was a beast. Swifty actually competed, unlike the last 2 seasons where they floated around like scared little deer. Our shootout sucked again, shooters all missed the net. A decent team like the Blades might blow us out tonight. Our best players by far were Ferland and Swyripa up front, Roy on defence.
Not sure why this team isn't working at 100% for the whole game, usually lower skill teams understand that they have to work harder to make up for the lower skill level. Oh well, we got a point at least!

Rye
10-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah last night wasn't great but it sounds like the boys are fired up to redeem themselves from last game and also to play the Blades, they had some great games last year and I don't think tonight will be any different.

sbtatter
10-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah last night wasn't great but it sounds like the boys are fired up to redeem themselves from last game and also to play the Blades, they had some great games last year and I don't think tonight will be any different.

Your man Boes looks like he is our #1 goalie now

Rye
10-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I can tell you exactly why. He wanted to forget about all the other distractions like the draft, stats, things you can't control, etc. and just go out there and have fun. That's exactly what he's doing, he's just out there having fun, the way it should be for a lot of these players.

Joe Hallenback
10-01-2011, 09:41 PM
They laid a beating on the Blades tonight. The Blades either were really bad or the Wheaties were that good probably a combo of both

Walker back gives us a couple of good scoring lines now. Once those 17 year old rookies get up to snuff we should go on a good roll

lordstanley
10-01-2011, 10:30 PM
They laid a beating on the Blades tonight. The Blades either were really bad or the Wheaties were that good probably a combo of both

Walker back gives us a couple of good scoring lines now. Once those 17 year old rookies get up to snuff we should go on a good roll

I think your right a little bit of both, also Blades had a heck of a battle with the Rebles at home last night riding a emotional high then left for Brandon, for a 7 hour Bus ride never shook there bus legs and got lit up on there PK, i'm pretty sure you will most likely see a better Blades team next time the Wheaties come to town here, you guys have a good team this year alot of speed

Boltz9
10-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Was really impressed with Roy and Pulock during the final minute of the game. There was a goon running around trying to start a fight with both of them (can't remember his number), and they just laughed it off and kept playing until he took a penalty and was kicked out. Too often players give in to things like that during the end of a blowout game and end up regreting getting into a fight. So I'm pleased that they didn't make that decision.

lordstanley
10-01-2011, 11:13 PM
As for the 3 fights tonight i thought they were all good i was proud how the Blades young Fafard hung in there with vet Ryley Miller maybe even won by a slight edge, Galbraith i would say wins by a slight decision over Sutter and other other tilt young stovin takes on Galbraith decision to Stovin

Joe Hallenback
10-02-2011, 02:38 PM
No one on the blades wanted a piece of Ferland last night though. Too bad Dzuirzinski isn't coming back love to see a rematch there

lordstanley
10-02-2011, 03:03 PM
No one on the blades wanted a piece of Ferland last night though. Too bad Dzuirzinski isn't coming back love to see a rematch there

Dziurzynski vs Ferland would be great don't count it out just yet Dziurzynski hasn't signed yet and Portland Pirates have 27 Forwards and 13 will have to be cut so you never know

Trevor
10-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Stone named WHL player of the week

http://whl.ca/article/wheat-kings-stone-whl-player-of-the-week

sbtatter
10-03-2011, 12:49 PM
A few observations from this weekend.

Proft, Conroy and Asham have the potential of being a real solid 4th line this season, if they play smart hockey. I think Clouston will really develop guys like these. Asham has the tools to be a decent center in this league if he gains some confidence and be more physical. He can skate like the wind, which is huge for center's in this league, have to be able to be first man back helping the defence, giving them an outlet, then get back up the ice after passing it to a winger. i'd rather see these 3 on the 4th line than Favreau.

Meilleur, Seaman and Mraz. I like the speed these guys bring, this line's challenge will be to convert that speed into goals. I like the work ethic, and the speed will kill other teams 3rd lines

Ferland, Walker and Swyripa. Secondary scoring. Questions in my mind are, Can walker stay healthy, can Ferland curb his aggression enough to stay on the ice, and can swyripa play at the level he did this weekend to make up for his size. If the answers are all yes, then this is a nice 2nd line. Ferland is the new Lucic/Neely in my mind. i get the feeling he must be tough to keep control of as a coach, but man, does he ever intimidate the opposition. I always remember Brad Curle saying last year that ferland likes to come in and bully the Hitmen, that's awesome when even the oppositions PbP guy is intimidated by ferland!

Ciarelli, Bertaggia and Stone. Ciarelli has performed beyond expectations, can he keep it up, and stay healthy? Stone is a man amongst boys. can Bertaggia stay at this speed and not get crunched?

Defensively, Roy is coming to the fore as a premier offensive d-man, he still has to improve his defensive prowress and compete level, but I don't think i'd trade him for Reilly, Pouilott. Murray or Dumba, his potential is off the charts. He's blowing away Robaks development curve.
Pulock's been struggling a bit, but he's playing more physical which is good to see. Miller is Miller, like to see him fight less. Fransoo reminds me a lot of Aulie which is good, Hunter (hope he's not concussed) is a steady d-man, Galbraith, you have to love his enthusiasm, is he the next Miller? Nikkel is the next Hamonic, Kuczek, surprised he hasn't started yet, I'd like to see if he's fast enough and has the hockey iQ to play the role of destroyer at this level (think Dumba).

Will the goaltending come around? Boes appears to have elevated his game, and Liston must respond. If we get average or better goaltending I think this team can get 40 to 45 wins.

I think Clouston is an excellent coach for dub players, really appears to coach good habits into guys, and i love the structure and practice makes perfect mantra

The future, I'm excited for papirny and Hawryluk.

What do other WK fans thinK

scruffy1
10-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Agree with most of your observations.
Bertaggia might need a little more protection than he is currently receiving as the other teams are obviously running at him. Doesn't have to be someone on his line.
Ferland has to be one of the dubs toughest and fight more than most if he is going to play NHL.
Seaman, Mueller and Mraz don't seem to realize how dominant they are on the fore-check. They will be great when they realize that they are. They might develop into the shut down line. The best way to shut down the other teams scoring line is to keep them bottled up in their own end.
Everybody looks good in a 6-0 win, but Asham looks like he won' be playing 4th line center for long. I like both Ciarelli and Swyripa but Asham looked pretty special against a poor looking Blades team.
Agree about Roy compared to the highly touted 2012 dmen. I think we got to see the best in the league last week. Eric seems much more committed to the game than I have ever seen in the past.
Great to be a Wheat Kings fan! Win or lose they are great to watch.

sbtatter
10-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Agree with most of your observations.
Bertaggia might need a little more protection than he is currently receiving as the other teams are obviously running at him. Doesn't have to be someone on his line.
Ferland has to be one of the dubs toughest and fight more than most if he is going to play NHL.
Seaman, Mueller and Mraz don't seem to realize how dominant they are on the fore-check. They will be great when they realize that they are. They might develop into the shut down line. The best way to shut down the other teams scoring line is to keep them bottled up in their own end.
Everybody looks good in a 6-0 win, but Asham looks like he won' be playing 4th line center for long. I like both Ciarelli and Swyripa but Asham looked pretty special against a poor looking Blades team.
Agree about Roy compared to the highly touted 2012 dmen. I think we got to see the best in the league last week. Eric seems much more committed to the game than I have ever seen in the past.
Great to be a Wheat Kings fan! Win or lose they are great to watch.

I had high hopes for Asham, but he seemed pretty tentative pre season and up until sat night. But as i mentioned, his speed is pretty special, and we know he has some vision based on his AAA play. If he can build his confidence he can be a 1st or 2nd line center.
I know a lot of people don't like Roy, because he looks so languid and relaxed out there, he makes it look easy. For sure he has to work on his intensity, I'd like to see him work with whomever worked on Stone's skating, I'm pretty sure Clouston is working with him on defensive zone coverage. But his passing and offensive vision is very impressive for a guy who hasn't turned 17 yet, his size and reach is excellent, I'm very high on him. I'm convinced his upside is a lot higher than Robak, how good he can be depends on how much drive he has....Last year I kept saying Roy had more potential than Pulock even, got laughed at a lot, but I think some people are starting to see the potential now......
Totally agree with your comments on the Seaman line....

coors
10-03-2011, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=sbtatter;169567]
Defensively, Roy is coming to the fore as a premier offensive d-man, he still has to improve his defensive prowress and compete level, but I don't think i'd trade him for Reilly, Pouilott. Murray or Dumba, his potential is off the charts.

I like your enthusiasm sbtatter but you have to be kidding by saying you wouldn't trade him for Reilly, Pouliott, Murray or Dumba. THese guys are all going to be top 20 picks in the NHL draft this year and Roy having a good 2 first weeks of the season doesn't equal or come close to what these kids have done so far in their WHL careers. Last year it was everyone gushing over Pulock and now it's like he's been forgotten and Roy is the new flavor of the month. It might sound like I don't like Roy but I really do, I just think we have to be realistic.

I am not really sure why Ryley Miller is still here. This is his 4th year in the league and I'm pretty sure a younger kid with more upside could fill his spot. Yes, he fights and sticks up for his teammates, but he doesnt deter anyone from taking liberties on our players because he loses more fights than he wins.

Boltz9
10-03-2011, 04:00 PM
I agree on Eric Roy, he looks really good so far this season. Pulock had a rough game on Friday, as did most of the defence really. And Miller should be traded to open up a spot for Nikkel to have a spot on this team.

sbtatter
10-03-2011, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=sbtatter;169567]
Defensively, Roy is coming to the fore as a premier offensive d-man, he still has to improve his defensive prowress and compete level, but I don't think i'd trade him for Reilly, Pouilott. Murray or Dumba, his potential is off the charts.

I like your enthusiasm sbtatter but you have to be kidding by saying you wouldn't trade him for Reilly, Pouliott, Murray or Dumba. THese guys are all going to be top 20 picks in the NHL draft this year and Roy having a good 2 first weeks of the season doesn't equal or come close to what these kids have done so far in their WHL careers. Last year it was everyone gushing over Pulock and now it's like he's been forgotten and Roy is the new flavor of the month. It might sound like I don't like Roy but I really do, I just think we have to be realistic.

But we likely have Roy for an extra year over those guys hey. And I'd take him over those other guys because his potential is so high. Of course, if he plateaus now, I'm wrong, you're right. I guess we'll know by the end of 12/13 season! So I stand by my opinion that I would keep Roy over those guys. And that's based on what I've seen from him last season and this season.....But it's all just opinions!

scruffy1
10-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Quote ;

I'm a big fan of Reilly, Pouliott and Pullock, but I still say big Eric was the best last week.

Joe Hallenback
10-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Eric Roy has been one of favorites ever since we first drafted him. Remember he wasn't playing organized hockey till he was 14. Now he is one of the top D men in the WHL. His passing is the best part of his game, I think he may well be one of the best if not best pure passers in the league. He makes long tape to tape passes almost every shift and alot of times he surprises his teammates because they don't expect them.

He still has that long gangly body and he looks alot more coordinated with it then last year. He also has a long languid stride that makes him look slow but he isn't. His pivoting with the puck is top notch and he separates his opponent from the puck with ease. I think by the end of the year alot of people will be talking about Roy.

If we can play the way we did against the Blades on Friday and limit the oppositions chances and counter attack we are going to win alot of games. I really like the look of this team right now and honestly after this weekend we have a big US road trip that will really test us. If we can come away with a 500 or better record I will then start to think this team can contend and then maybe look at adding a big time player or 2 because we have the assets to do so.

sbtatter
10-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only Roy fan out there!

On another note, how does zajack not get a penalty/suspension out of his hit to Hunter's head? Isn't that exactly the type of hit to the head the leagues are trying to eliminate? An elbow that caused a concussion.....

Boltz9
10-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only Roy fan out there!

On another note, how does zajack not get a penalty/suspension out of his hit to Hunter's head? Isn't that exactly the type of hit to the head the leagues are trying to eliminate? An elbow that caused a concussion.....

I agree because I thought that one of the parts to their 7 point plan was not being able to hit a player when he is vulnerable and already engaged with another player, and that's exactly what happened.

sbtatter
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Just taking stock of that trade, wow, it was a gooder!
Nikkel - The next travis hamonic
Mcgauley - the next nathan green
1st rd pick Papirny - Could be an elite goalie
2nd round pick Hawryluk - Could be the next calvert
2012 1st rd pick and import pick to come......

We should be sending Lorne M a big thankyou card! All of that for Schenn, and the Blades got a big 2 more playoff wins than us!!!!

sbtatter
10-08-2011, 08:22 AM
A rusty 1st period as expected, 15 good offensive minutes in the 2nd and a fairly good shut down 3rd period.
The 4th line will soon have to be renamed the 2nd or 3rd line if they continue to play like this. They are big and fast, as Clouston said to Luber, not only are they playing hard, they're playing within the structure the coaches have given them. They have potential to be the best 4th line in the league. Last night was Asham's best creative game so far, looks like he's starting to believe he can be a player.
I can't help but wonder how much better Stone and Bertaggia would be if they had a bonafide #1 center on their line?
Good to see Ferland flourishing in Clouston's system. Very nice touch by Clouston to put Ferland on with Seamnan and Meuiller at the end with the empty net so he would have a shot at the hatrick.
What was Fransoo thinking on the first goal? After Roy was semi caught pinching, Fransoo should have taken the winger and allowed Roy to get the trailing PG player.
Nikkel played his best game yet, I like the way he cleaned out the front of the net when he had to, kid plays with a lot of poise. Pulock played his best game of the season.
How good is Owsely, we might not have won if he'd started for PG. And how small were those 2 kids for PG? They made Swyripa look big!!!
If we can play .500 on the roadtrip, i'd be happy!

Joe Hallenback
10-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Pretty poor effort by the boys last night. Spokane was ripe for the taking and Boes played pretty good except for that one bad mistake. No sustained forecheck except for a few spurts and their neutral zone play was really bad. Spokane while not a talented team works extremely hard and plays a good physical game.

Felt bad that Kuzcek's first game was at forward he looked lost out there. KM better be making a deal for a forward or 2 hopefully a center with size and a solid depth winger

sbtatter
10-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Pretty poor effort by the boys last night. Spokane was ripe for the taking and Boes played pretty good except for that one bad mistake. No sustained forecheck except for a few spurts and their neutral zone play was really bad. Spokane while not a talented team works extremely hard and plays a good physical game.

Felt bad that Kuzcek's first game was at forward he looked lost out there. KM better be making a deal for a forward or 2 hopefully a center with size and a solid depth winger

Why wouldn't they play galbraith at wing instead of Kuzcek?
In a perfect world I'd like to see a center for Stone, and a winger so we don't need to play d-men up front when we have 2 injuries. Still not convinced by our goaltending 100%

Joe Hallenback
10-13-2011, 08:22 AM
I think Clouston likes Galbrath on D and to be honest he has looked pretty good.

I know KM can be stingy but he needs to get the forward situation sorted out. A solid 19 year old for a D man would be ideal. I would be phoning Everitt every day for Ryan Harrison

I think Boes was really solid last night he made good saves and really the 3 goals he let in there was no stopping them.

lordstanley
10-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Maybe KM will wanna trade for Dziurzynski or Jake Trask both are 30 goal scorers KM may even be nice enough to give us 1 of our Draft picks back from the Schenn deal

sbtatter
10-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Maybe KM will wanna trade for Dziurzynski or Jake Trask both are 30 goal scorers KM may even be nice enough to give us 1 of our Draft picks back from the Schenn deal

One of them might be free in 1 week so no point in overpaying!

jayson
10-13-2011, 09:32 AM
i thought the deadline was today, at least on lubers lounge he said thursday

Trevor
10-13-2011, 09:55 AM
i thought the deadline was today, at least on lubers lounge he said thursday

I believe Saskatoon gets an extra week because Dziurzynski (I had to check whl.ca for the spelling lol) was playing pro hockey.

sbtatter
10-13-2011, 10:08 AM
I believe Saskatoon gets an extra week because Dziurzynski (I had to check whl.ca for the spelling lol) was playing pro hockey.

You are correct. I just call him DD to save on spelling issues!
It's going to be really interesting to see which d-man KM trades off to get a non overager forward (or 2).....

Bepoleon
10-13-2011, 10:13 AM

I belive they get 14 days from when Dziurzynski was re-assigned to make a decision on their 20 year olds.

jayson
10-13-2011, 10:19 AM
so any ideas on any 20 year olds km might be thinking about taking today then?

reims
10-13-2011, 10:46 AM
so any ideas on any 20 year olds km might be thinking about taking today then?

I wouldnt be suprised to see a deal with stoon for a 20, i just hope it aint dd for our sake...maybe we get nikkel back?...wishful thinking

booboo
10-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Nikkel for DD??? You must be kidding. Most 20's are worth 4 or 5th round draft picks or give Toon back their 1st round Euro pick for DD.

jayson
10-13-2011, 11:08 AM
yeah nikkel isnt going anywhere especially for a 20 year old, trask would work for me though or dd, dd with ferland would be awsome

sbtatter
10-13-2011, 11:18 AM
I wouldnt be suprised to see a deal with stoon for a 20, i just hope it aint dd for our sake...maybe we get nikkel back?...wishful thinking

Ha, that is wishful thinking! Overagers are worth a 3rd or 4th, tops. Not a Hamonic clone like Nikkel

reims
10-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Nikkel for DD??? You must be kidding. Most 20's are worth 4 or 5th round draft picks or give Toon back their 1st round Euro pick for DD.

of course im kidding...

sbtatter
10-13-2011, 11:43 AM
of course im kidding...

But that is the sort of trade the Q and O make in the year they have a team hosting mem Cup, no one gave Bdn any freebies though!!!

sbtatter
10-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Wonder why Pankewicz was left off the Ab U16 team?

Brandon
10-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Wonder why Pankewicz was left off the Ab U16 team?

There was a lot of talent left off even the top 40 of this team. Heard of one scout telling a U16 hopeful "Our team doesn't take information from the amatuers scouting for U16". I think that says it all right there. The Alberta team, I can speak to, is definitely not the finest group of that age. There are some great players there and it isn't intended to slight them but there are some very elite players missing from that group.

Joe Hallenback
10-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Too bad for Kord, I read a report that he might be one of the best players in AAA midget this year! Hard to believe he got left off.

Also Winnipeg minor needs another AAA midget team. All those kids playing city midget AAA when they could easily have another team compete in the province. What they should be doing is having all the cuts try out for a third team you would get alot of 15/16 year olds their that would make it and develop better for the future.

booboo
10-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Does anyone out there know where Riley Van Horne and Dominic Thom are playing this season? Can't seem to find them on AAA midget or Minor Midget websites.

Brandon
10-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Thom is playing for Edge School in Calgary, I think the rank as a AA midget program at the level he is at. It was a family based decision from what I understand. Can't find Van Horne in any of the local associations. Not sure where he ended up but I will keep an eye out for you.

booboo
10-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks a lot

Brandon
10-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Van Horne is at POE in Kelowna this year.

booboo
10-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Matt Dumba played at Edge School and Aryton Nikkel played at POE. Not bad players are they? Thanks for your input Brandon

Brandon
10-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Dumba played on the prep team and his development at edge was after he was drafted. His development in Bantam was with NWCAA in Calgary. Edge isn't an elite institute at all. POE isn't a screaming load better but Van Horne is playing prep. I like Thom, he is a good kid who really loves the game and has a ton of raw potential. But the truth is going to Edge was a step back for him as far as hockey development goes.

Brandon
10-18-2011, 10:46 AM
For the guy wonder about Dominic Thom. I am going to take in the game at Edge this Sunday. I will make sure to keep an eye on him for you.

Allin44
10-18-2011, 08:20 PM
Whoever is doing the cameras for the game tonight in Seattle needs to stop changing the angle. I am getting sick watching it.

jayson
10-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Whoever is doing the cameras for the game tonight in Seattle needs to stop changing the angle. I am getting sick watching it.

i couldnt agree more ..... last game was bad too though

Joe Hallenback
10-18-2011, 10:07 PM
How do they look tonight. They are badly out shooting Seattle it looks like

chalk_one_up
10-18-2011, 10:17 PM

Anderson was huge on the 5 on 3. I think Anderson is going to prove his worth now that he has something to play for.

sbtatter
10-18-2011, 10:25 PM
DD scored on his debut!

Allin44
10-18-2011, 10:40 PM

They outshot Seattle but I'd go so far as to say that Seattle had the better chances.

Anderson stood on his head.

jayson
10-18-2011, 11:26 PM
in the second they looked really good, on the first 5-3 they were great, the second one anderson stole the show. Wonder the status on mraz forwards are getting low .

Joe Hallenback
10-19-2011, 09:08 AM
How did Palmer look?

jayson
10-19-2011, 01:11 PM
How did Palmer look?

looked ok as far as i could tell, he didnt get much ice time but didnt look out of place.

Joe Hallenback
10-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Decent first period. Everett is playing hard but our talent is too much. Can't believe how physical we are playing either. Running Everett out of the building if it continues this way.

1st line been kind of quiet but 2nd line has come to play for sure

Palmer can really skate that is for sure he looks like a player

Like that 3rd line Conroy is looking better and better.

Anderson has made some very good saves. If he plays like this he could be a 20 next year and you could see Boes moved out when Papirnry gets here.

booboo
10-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Boy do we have a legitmate second line with Ciarelli, Ferland , and Drzuzynski ! How would you like to play against Ferland and Dzurzyski--talk about a combination of talent and toughness--they will get a lot of space this year. Good to see Nikkel get his first goal. Wheats up 7-1 after two periods. 4th line should get lots of playing time in the 3rd period.

Joe Hallenback
10-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Just laying the boots to Everett now. Running them out of the building they got 2 guys hurt already. Can't remember a team at home being intimidated like this. Everett better find some guys to protect their players.

lordstanley
10-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Hope you guys are enjoying big Z man we could sure use him right now with collins stransky and trask all hurt

dagley
10-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Hope you guys are enjoying big Z man we could sure use him right now with collins stransky and trask all hurt

Hes been good so far, looking forward to seeing him at home next weekend. Anderson has been good in his first two starts. He made some nice saves tonight

Joe Hallenback
10-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Don't look now but were tied for 1st. Big showdown in Medicine Hat on Friday. Hopefully we come out with the win

Brandon
10-24-2011, 08:27 AM
For the guy asking about Thom.

Went out to see the game at Edge yesterday morning. Not going to lie, hard to tell the OHA team was awful.

Thom's performance was solid. I actually was really impressed with the changes in his game from the end of last season. He had great puck confidence and moved it well all game long. He stepped up on a couple of good pinches and back doors to create opportunities. When he started moving the puck up ice he really set the tempo at some points. Defensively I think is the area his game has seen the most growth, he did a great job of reading plays and stepped into passing lanes all game to create turnovers. Put on some weight since last season and was probably on of the strongest players on the ice.

All in all a solid game, I really think Brandon has a potential late round steal, depending on development.

sbtatter
10-29-2011, 09:23 PM
I thought he deserved hardest working player tonight, his speed caused the 1st goal, he stepped up for his linemate. man can this guy skate. Reunited with Proft and Conroy, fastest and biggest 4th line in the league, love them! He's a potential penalty killer with that speed.

Boltz9
10-29-2011, 09:38 PM
I thought he deserved hardest working player tonight, his speed caused the 1st goal, he stepped up for his linemate. man can this guy skate. Reunited with Proft and Conroy, fastest and biggest 4th line in the league, love them! He's a potential penalty killer with that speed.

Glad you agree that he deserved the hardest working player tonight, after all I was the one in the press box that made that decision tonight :p

But ya he had a great game so it was a no brainer.

The Stone line was on fire tonight and controlled the puck for most of the game.

I still think they should reunite Bertaggia with Stone though, because Bertaggia hasn't seemed like the same player since they separated them.

Vik
10-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Got to my first two games of the season this weekend. Definitely an interesting team this season (and it's far more enjoyable than making fun on MJHLers).

Stone's such a stud. Skill, smarts, and size and he's definitely improved his straight ahead skating. He's still going to have trouble getting in on the forecheck against agile D but at least he's not having any difficulty keeping up with the play.

Ferland seems to be one of the most intimidating players for the other team. The couple times he drove wide on the Warriors, it looked like the D didn't even want to try to stop him (although, it didn't seem like anyone was wanting to put the effort in defensively that night). And that goal tonight was a beauty of a shot.

Bertaggia I gotta imagine someone's going to take a flyer on. He's tiny but quick and skilled and not afraid to go to the tough areas.

Ciarelli deserves some love. I know he's not going to put up the points you guys want from a 20 year old but he works hard and gives you quality minutes.

Seaman's an interesting prospect. He's got the size and the speed but I don't know that he's got the hands to be a real impact player at the next level. That said he's definitely a guy that could play a bottom 6 rule and should be a go to guy for the Wheat Kings going forward.

Asham I think needs to realize he's playing a higher level but there's definitely upside there. He's fast enough that he should be able to generate some chances off his skating alone. Also didn't mind seeing him stick up for his teammate even though neither him or Peddle knew what they were doing with their gloves off.

Miller was way over aggressive against Moose Jaw but I'm thinking he was trying too hard to something to get some energy for us. Still, after the Beach hit I was so annoyed that both him and DD figured they had to step up and not only even it out but put us a man down when it could've gone the other way (to my eyes, we were still in it at that point).

Hunter seemed to be a mess. Didn't think he showed too well in either game and was especially too soft in front of his own net.

Pulock and Roy weren't perfect in their own end but that's going to be a fun duo to watch on the PP going forward. Roy can get a little casual and Pulock could've one timed a couple shots instead of stopping them but they've got so much skill and can both shoot the puck.

Fransoo seemed to be having a tough time of it but you can see the potential there. By the way, is my memory playing tricks on me? I'd thought Roy was #5 and Fransoo #7 but then I thought I remembered Miller being a righty too.

Anyways, as a whole, I'm liking the team. Got some work to do defensively and on the PK and they were cleaned out on face offs against Moose Jaw but they've got three D pairings they can roll with and a lot of meat in that top 6.

BSB
10-29-2011, 11:05 PM
By the way, is my memory playing tricks on me? I'd thought Roy was #5 and Fransoo #7

My memory isn't always the greatest, but I think Fransoo has always been 5. I believe Roy was 6 until Schneider got traded last year and then he took over 7 at that point.

Joe Hallenback
11-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Anyone watch the game last night? Sounds like DD will get suspended and I bet he is going 5-8 games.

booboo
11-02-2011, 09:36 AM
I doubt it----I don't think Blanke is hurt that badly is he? Although if you go by the suspension to nancy Beach of Moose Jaw, DD could get at least 3 games. This comes at a bad time as the WK are a litle short up front. Call up Hawryluk for a couple of games?? or Lindgren? Something will have to be done if the suspension is fairy lengthy as I don't think Favreau or Meilleur are ready yet.

Toswammi
11-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Anyone watch the game last night? Sounds like DD will get suspended and I bet he is going 5-8 games.

I am going with 4-5 myself. 8 would be too much....then again these are suspension heavy times.

sbtatter
11-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Any video of the incident?

WHLFANMAN
11-02-2011, 03:57 PM

I Watched the webcast. It was definately a charge and Blanke never touched the puck. It's hard to say if initial contact was to the head. The WHL's site describes it as a charging infraction. Looking at the previous suspensions of similar nature and extent of resulting injury I would hazard a guess of 3 or less games.:rolleyes:

lordstanley
11-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Dziurzynski gets 2 games so it looks like he will get to play his former team come next Tuesday in Saskatoon

sbtatter
11-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Calgary seemed to be a hard working, non skilled team. Very fast up front, especially Cheek. Rask was a total no show, took 2 lazy penalties, the 2nd of which led to Bdn's 4th goal. Dreidger made some great saves, looks like he is excellent covering the net side to side at ice level, but has some holes when you shoot higher on him. Hitmen remind me of last years Oil kings. Interesting to note how much further along Brandon are over Calgary after both teams loaded up for last years mem Cup
Shout out to Nikkel and Kuczek who played very well as 4th line forwards, hitting everything in sight! Asham got put up to the 3rd line in place of Mraz in the 3rd period. Seaman is turning into a force, his speed and size cause huge issues when he takes the puck and drives hard to the net, d-men can't handle him. Ferland continues to stand in front of the net, making life hard for goalies. Probably Walkers best game of the year.
And how Pulock and Roy are not getting any credit for being top d-men in the league amazes me. Playing better than pouilot, dumba, murray, reinhart and reilly, but no love from the media:confused:
I thought Fransoo played one of his stronger games as well, more 'Aulie like"
The roughing call on Walker and goalie interference on Chase were bogus calls, the refs are calling phantom infractions this year.

Joe Hallenback
11-07-2011, 08:00 AM
My observations from the past 2 home games.

- Calgary isn't a bad team just not a very talented one. They worked extremely hard and maybe were the better team on the night.

- The Tigers are very much a one line team with 3 lines and 3 sets of D that play a very similar game. They also have I think the best goalie in the league in Bunz.

- We really need to get a 4th line that can play a regular shift. No disrespect to both Nikkel and Kuzcek but I think it is hurting us a bit. Although those guys played really well over the weekend

- Bertaggia is a euro funk right now. I bet he hasn't played this many games in such a short time before. Couple that with the travel and he isn't quite the same player he was at the start of the year

- It will be nice to get both Meuiller and Favreau back. They are both good options in the bottom 6 and will make us a more well rounded team

- The PP has gone into a funk as well. The reason we lost the Tiger game was we couldn't score early

WHLFANMAN
11-07-2011, 12:01 PM
My observations from the past 2 home games.

- Calgary isn't a bad team just not a very talented one. They worked extremely hard and maybe were the better team on the night.

- The Tigers are very much a one line team with 3 lines and 3 sets of D that play a very similar game. They also have I think the best goalie in the league in Bunz.

- We really need to get a 4th line that can play a regular shift. No disrespect to both Nikkel and Kuzcek but I think it is hurting us a bit. Although those guys played really well over the weekend

- Bertaggia is a euro funk right now. I bet he hasn't played this many games in such a short time before. Couple that with the travel and he isn't quite the same player he was at the start of the year

- It will be nice to get both Meuiller and Favreau back. They are both good options in the bottom 6 and will make us a more well rounded team

- The PP has gone into a funk as well. The reason we lost the Tiger game was we couldn't score early

Agreed Calgary charges on with little talent, beat the Pats with such ethic.

The Tiger loss IMHO was due to untimely penelties against a strong PP with a weak PK.

Bertaggia? you could be right Joe. I also think he is trying to do to much, which kinda leads me to jump to your PP comment. IMHO I've seen a lot of individualism. Sometimes it works usually it doesn't. Like to see the unstopalble tic-tac-toe!
The fourth line. A major hats off to Nikkel and Kuzcek! Stayed even and created pressure. It will be nice to have Meuiller and Fav back.

But for the long run IMHO the elephant in the room is a scoring "D" that makes many defensive errors. And speaking of Nikkel I don't know what the master plan is for the rookie or how much he should play as a 16 yr. old for his own development but, there's been enough brain farts to open a spot for a rookie that's squeezed every drop out of limited opprtunity. And will obviously fight anybody for his team. LOL:groovy:

Getting more confidents in Boesy too! :D

HEEEEEEY WE LEAD THE EAST!!!!!:karate:

sbtatter
11-07-2011, 04:24 PM
I have been very impressed with Boes this season, proved me wrong.
As far as the d-men go, I guess every GM out there knows wh have too many so are low-balling KM on any potential deals.
I have them rated so far this season as;
Pulock, Roy, Miller, Melnychuk, Fransoo, Nikkel, Hunter, Kuzeck
We need to trade one of them, but as stated above, probably hard to get fair market value.
My rookie of the year so far is asham, his speed is outstanding and this kid is just starting to learn how to make the most of his speed, playing more and with better players should kickstart his season.
Most improved is Seaman, man this guy is a load. When he decides to take the puck to the net. his reach, speed and determination make him really tough to stop.
Ferland has also picked up on the defensive side of his game, he looks like a Lucic in the making.
Great start to the season, and getting JM and DF back will only bolster us.
I'd like to see Asham get some PK time in games we're winning comfortably (I see ferland got some PK time Sat).
I'd like to see us hit a little more if possible, slow down guys like Etem, howden and Shinkaruk. i noticed Miller really did a good job on Etem sat night, hitting him enough so he couldn't drive wide on him.
i thought stone put in a yeomans effort trying to stop Etem on the OT winner, the fact that he was able to reach Etem pays testament to his increased speed, and he was just unlucky that the puck hopped by his blade, the big positive was that he recognized the danger and managed to catch up with the speedy Etem.
Overagers for next year as we stand? Well, Miller and Walker are going to be good overagers to have around I think.....

booboo
11-07-2011, 04:57 PM
What do you think we need if we trade a d-man? Why not package up a d-man and a prospect and get a good 18 year old forward for the 2nd line. We have an enormous wealth of good 16 and 15 year old players and 2 first round picks this year so trading one or two plus a d-man for an impact forward makes sense to me. This team is on the cusp of being very good. They our support and encouragement. good job by Kelly to set us up as a force every year.

sbtatter
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
What do you think we need if we trade a d-man? Why not package up a d-man and a prospect and get a good 18 year old forward for the 2nd line. We have an enormous wealth of good 16 and 15 year old players and 2 first round picks this year so trading one or two plus a d-man for an impact forward makes sense to me. This team is on the cusp of being very good. They our support and encouragement. good job by Kelly to set us up as a force every year.

This is a great team to watch!
Which d-men would you consider trading, and what 18 year old forward would you like to obtain?

booboo
11-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I would consider trading Hunter, Miller, or Kuzcek even Fransoo if the offer was right. Some forwards I would target are Mark McNeill of P.A., Troy Bourke of P.G., Brenden Troock of Seattle, and Josh Winquist of Everett. The teams I included are those that are probably close to re-building mode already and could use some help. These forwards are all 18 so would be back next year. For a good 19 year old the cost would be less. You are right--at least one d-man needs to go(Waltz is waiting in the wings).

Boltz9
11-07-2011, 06:40 PM
I have been very impressed with Boes this season, proved me wrong.
As far as the d-men go, I guess every GM out there knows wh have too many so are low-balling KM on any potential deals.
I have them rated so far this season as;
Pulock, Roy, Miller, Melnychuk, Fransoo, Nikkel, Hunter, Kuzeck
We need to trade one of them, but as stated above, probably hard to get fair market value.
My rookie of the year so far is asham, his speed is outstanding and this kid is just starting to learn how to make the most of his speed, playing more and with better players should kickstart his season.
Most improved is Seaman, man this guy is a load. When he decides to take the puck to the net. his reach, speed and determination make him really tough to stop.
Ferland has also picked up on the defensive side of his game, he looks like a Lucic in the making.
Great start to the season, and getting JM and DF back will only bolster us.
I'd like to see Asham get some PK time in games we're winning comfortably (I see ferland got some PK time Sat).
I'd like to see us hit a little more if possible, slow down guys like Etem, howden and Shinkaruk. i noticed Miller really did a good job on Etem sat night, hitting him enough so he couldn't drive wide on him.
i thought stone put in a yeomans effort trying to stop Etem on the OT winner, the fact that he was able to reach Etem pays testament to his increased speed, and he was just unlucky that the puck hopped by his blade, the big positive was that he recognized the danger and managed to catch up with the speedy Etem.
Overagers for next year as we stand? Well, Miller and Walker are going to be good overagers to have around I think.....

Agreed on Seaman, he has been really improved. But next time don't refer to someone named Seaman as a 'load'. :p

I think Bertaggia has to be put back with Stone.

Boes should be our #1, he never deserved to lose it in the first place.

As for the game against the Tigers, points aside, I think Stone outperformed Etem in that game.

chalk_one_up
11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Team needs to play Boes in these bigger games. He seems to play better in these situations.

Pecker
11-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Ok seriously, 3 goals on 7 shots after the first period. What is with Anderson getting all the starts now? He's got terrible stats and hasn't played exceptional as of late. Boes has played well all year, has a great stat line and has been relegated to the back up position. Whats the deal with this?? Is Boes hurt or something?

booboo
11-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Boes is starting the second period----it may be too late. It seems to me that Anderson has not done much since acquired from Lethbridge--not sure how he signed an NHL contract. I hope we didn't make a mistake in this trade.We are outshooting the Blades early in the 2nd period badly but are getting out-goaltendered---seems like a commom theme the last couple of years.

Joe Hallenback
11-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Should not have lost that game but thats the way it goes some time

Makarov was excellent

lordstanley
11-08-2011, 09:39 PM

Makarov was excellent

Agreed Makarov was great some teams forget to build around goaltending sometimes they feel it doesn't matter

Trav
11-08-2011, 09:43 PM

Makarov was excellent

Makarov has won a few games for the Blades that the team didn't deserve to win. I'm seriously worried bout him making the Russian junior team leaving the Blades thin in net.

Maybe since ur team likes to play Anderson u guys can trade us Boes if Makarov makes the Rusisan team lol....kidding :)

Joe Hallenback
11-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Well this game was very similar to the game in Brandon when we blew you guys out but you had Makarov in net tonight and he was the difference. One thing I liked about him was his rebound control. Alot of shots he steered to corners for very few rebounds.

Boltz9
11-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Sad to see Stone's point and goal streak end tonight. He's gotta make the World Junior team this year I think, what does everyone else think?

WHEATMAN
11-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Sad to see Stone's point and goal streak end tonight. He's gotta make the World Junior team this year I think, what does everyone else think?

Stone has to be a lock. If the tournament was in Europe and played on the bigger ice surface he might not make it, but with it being played in Calgary and Edmonton, I can't see him not making the team.

And Anderson has been crap since we traded for him. Boes needs more game time.

lordstanley
11-08-2011, 10:20 PM

Our Sutter Burns and Paradis line takes huge pride in shutting down the other top lines Big Z looked great tonight though

Rye
11-09-2011, 07:21 AM
I heard the staff is still trying to figure Anderson out and seeing how he does in these big pressure situations.

Joe Hallenback
11-09-2011, 08:31 AM
I heard the staff is still trying to figure Anderson out and seeing how he does in these big pressure situations.

Failed badly last night

WHLFANMAN
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Our Sutter Burns and Paradis line takes huge pride in shutting down the other top lines Big Z looked great tonight though

HAHA! If you call 43 shots on net shutting down my Lord! LOL;)

WHLFANMAN
11-09-2011, 12:15 PM

It's not rocket science stop the puck. Anderson played very well in his his first 3 games as a Wheaty! then faltered, Boese started the season weak then got stronger. Play the one who's stopping the puck at the time and stick with it.:rolleyes: That would be Boesey for the last 2 weeks.:cool:

Pecker
11-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Yes! Another outstanding performance from Boes! 43 saves, 1 goal. Love that Boes is making Clouston look like a fool for repeatedly playing Anderson. Shoulda stuck with him all year.

Joe Hallenback
11-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Pretty good game overall last night. Boes had a good game most of the shots were of the not hard variety and the goal he let in was stoppable so he cost himself the shut out

The Seaman/Swyripa/Conroy line was really buzzing all night and had some glorious chances that they couldn't bury.

Nice to see Miller get his first goal. Great team guy

booboo
11-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Excellent article on him this morning at the Yahoo junior hockey blog called Buzzing the Net. The upside to this guy is endless. Such a good combination of size, strength, and speed. He needs to develop a better touch around the net so he can cash in on the many chances he creates. scouts are obviously noticing him.

Joe Hallenback
11-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Seaman is going to be a very dominate player the next couple of seasons. If he scores some more this year he could sneak into the first round of the draft

Pecker
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Whoa Joe! Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here. Ferland and Stone are 5th and 6th round picks and you think Seaman will go in the first?!? I'm sorry but Seaman is no where near as good as Ferland or Stone. And yes, I realize they are a 2 years older then him but they were way better then him in their draft year. Its a pretty weak draft year if he goes in any early round this year.

Joe Hallenback
11-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Whoa Joe! Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here. Ferland and Stone are 5th and 6th round picks and you think Seaman will go in the first?!? I'm sorry but Seaman is no where near as good as Ferland or Stone. And yes, I realize they are a 2 years older then him but they were way better then him in their draft year. Its a pretty weak draft year if he goes in any early round this year.

Drafting is about projecting players for the NHL. Seaman has alot of attributes that both Stone and Ferland have plus he can skate. Right now he is projected to be a 3rd rounder and he is rising. If he can have a 50-60 point year he will be going in the 2nd/late 1st.

lordstanley
11-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Not sure if any of you are listening to the Swift Current Broncoes webcast but there announcer Shawn Mullin said Ferland has no class, and this is coming from the same guy who 2 nights ago called our Josh Nicholls a cherry picker this guy seem's a little iffy to me

Pecker
11-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Holy ****! I'm only able to get updates on my computer. All I can see are a ton of fighting majors! ahhh! I'm missing the best game of the year. I've been waiting all year for the Wheaties to start throwen em! Whats going on?? I see Ferland finally found someone to fight him. How'd he do??

Toswammi
11-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Holy ****! I'm only able to get updates on my computer. All I can see are a ton of fighting majors! ahhh! I'm missing the best game of the year. I've been waiting all year for the Wheaties to start throwen em! Whats going on?? I see Ferland finally found someone to fight him. How'd he do??

Its a game against SC, we give up goals and fight.

Rye
11-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Looks like Anderson is starting tonight ... again.

sbtatter
11-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Looks like Anderson is starting tonight ... again.

I understand this one. Boes has played 8 periods in 72 hours, we're playing a poor team so it's a natural one for the back up to get a start in.
Kudo's to Boes again, I hold up my hands and admit I was very wrong about him last year. Now I have him down as our #1 goalie, I will never be as quick to judge a young goalie again!

WorkHorse
11-12-2011, 10:51 PM
:)

Trevor
11-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Anyone think the Wheaties will get some love from the CHL top 10 this week?? After tonight they're tied for the league lead with the Tigers and Americans, although Tri-Cities has played 2 fewer games so far. My personal prediction is an honourable mention, and if they keep up the strong play, crack the top 10 the week after.

Joe Hallenback
11-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Boes is the WHL nominee for Goalie of the week

WHLFANMAN
11-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Boes is the WHL nominee for Goalie of the week

Nice!! and Nikkel makes U17 Team Pacific:clap:

Trav
11-15-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm really surprised Team West didn't pick McGauley.

lordstanley
11-15-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm really surprised Team West didn't pick McGauley.

They had to make room for Stockl is why lol

Joe Hallenback
11-17-2011, 11:38 AM
3 Wheat Kings ranked by Central scouting today. Seaman,Bertaggia and Boes.

I am thinking
Seaman 3rd/4th
Bertaggia 5th/6th
Boes 5th/6th

If Conroy picks it up as the season goes along he could get a sniff as well

Pecker
11-17-2011, 06:26 PM
By the end of the year Seaman and Boes will have moved up. Unfortunately Bertaggia will have moved down. He was good on a line with Stone and got most of his points on that line. The same worked for Ciarelli. You put anybody on a line with Stone and he's bound to bounce some pucks off of his line mates. Bertaggia did little on the second line and has done nothing on the third line. He had such a strong start, everyone thought he was awesome. I think he is playing more to his level now.

dagley
11-17-2011, 06:30 PM
By the end of the year Seaman and Boes will have moved up. Unfortunately Bertaggia will have moved down. He was good on a line with Stone and got most of his points on that line. The same worked for Ciarelli. You put anybody on a line with Stone and he's bound to bounce some pucks off of his line mates. Bertaggia did little on the second line and has done nothing on the third line. He had such a strong start, everyone thought he was awesome. I think he is playing more to his level now.

Bertaggia will get going again shortly, I'm sure he is still getting use to the league and the systems here. The guy has amazing speed, and a good skill set.

WHLFANMAN
11-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Bertaggia will get going again shortly, I'm sure he is still getting use to the league and the systems here. The guy has amazing speed, and a good skill set.

Obviously I even we hope your right! IMHO he's no longer going to those greasy areas und is pulling up doing drive delays at the offensive blue line and at the defensive half boards. He's getting the nerve beat out of him. Even when he was with the first line he was driving hard, with his speed, wide, to the net and shooting gaps. I don't see that much any more. Systems are systems the WHL grind is the WHL grind!:evil:

WHLFANMAN
11-17-2011, 06:56 PM
3 Wheat Kings ranked by Central scouting today. Seaman,Bertaggia and Boes.

I am thinking
Seaman 3rd/4th
Bertaggia 5th/6th
Boes 5th/6th

If Conroy picks it up as the season goes along he could get a sniff as well

Seaman is a very rounded player if he gets a little greasier I would agree.:mad:
Bertaggia has to grow his balls back or all his "Great" assets will be waisted. He's small and wouldn't get a sniff. If they do grow back the sky is the limit!:bounce:
Boes If he keeps grounded, developes and is a large part of this team going deep into play offs he could place much higher. We all know goalies rankings vs playoff results.:groovy: The only reason I mention playoffs at this time.:o
Conroy Not sure yet:p

WHLFANMAN
11-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Drafting is about projecting players for the NHL. Seaman has alot of attributes that both Stone and Ferland have plus he can skate. Right now he is projected to be a 3rd rounder and he is rising. If he can have a 50-60 point year he will be going in the 2nd/late 1st.

Agreed!:D

sbtatter
11-18-2011, 11:02 PM
That was a pretty tired Stone and ferland out there tonight, the next 2 games in 2 nights could be a tough slog. Great to see meuiller play that well on his return. Nice to see WK's start to play a little tougher on Shinkaruk, somebody needs to make him pay for all those sly slashes after the whistle though...Wouldn't have won this game if they'd had Bunz in net, their backup was brutal.....

booboo
11-19-2011, 09:49 AM
I wonder what it would take to get Mark Mcneill out of Prince Albert---they're going nowhere and have a chance to get some valuable assets in a trade of this nature. I don't think their prospect list is anywhere close to Brandon's so it is an opportunity to restock the cupboard with some legitimate propects. They certainly need to do somewhere to stop the bleeding??

SectionNDeserter
11-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I wonder what it would take to get Mark Mcneill out of Prince AlbertHe is very likely back next season, so I would say... a LOT. Probably more than any team would be willing to pay, this season at least...

Pecker
11-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Yes, I highly doubt we win that game last night if Bunz is in net. But wow, is that Etem ever fast. He went wide on our d-men every time he came down the ice and beat them everytime! What was with Fransoo fighting? I mean, I love it, I just didn't see it coming from him.
Not sure why KM isn't going after Maxwell. We've got 2 expendable 20 year olds. Everett's asking price must be too high.
Oh well, 3 more games in 4 days. Tonights game should be a breeze. Tomorrows game will be a true test. Will be tough to beat Moose Jaw on 3 straight games and 4 for some players. Just hope someone destroys Beach instead of letting him run Miller and then giving him 5 points like last time! Ugh, that didn't feel good.

chalk_one_up
11-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Oh well, 3 more games in 4 days. Tonights game should be a breeze.

No game is a breeze in this league.

lordstanley
11-19-2011, 12:18 PM
No game is a breeze in this league.

I agree no game is ever easy just look at RD vs LH last night those kind of comments can come back to bite you where the sun don't shine

sbtatter
11-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I think he was kidding about the game being a breeze. Swifty aren't talented but they play hard this season, Wheaties left town this morning so they're going have bus legs for sure. Going to be 2 tough games on the road. As far as the standings go we'd be better to beat MJ than SC if we can only win one.....Fransoo fighting last night was great, solid hit, solid fight, good job!!

Pecker
11-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the comments there sbtatter but it was kind of a partial joke. I said it to be controversial and stir up some conversation. Not to be insulting, I just find these boards are so lack luster. I'm just trying to stir up a heated debate and get more of a response. In all seriousness, no, I don't think the Wheaties game tonight will be a breeze but when you compare Brandon to SC and Brandon to MJ, you can assume that Brandon should have somewhat of a better chance at beating SC. no?

sbtatter
11-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Wondering if we should try Fransoo on the PP instead of Hunter, Fransoo did a good job playing the point in the subway series

Pecker
11-19-2011, 07:51 PM
What'd Lowry do to get 20 minutes worth of PIMs already?!?

lordstanley
11-19-2011, 07:54 PM

It says a 10 minute Misc and a game but why give him a 10 when he is gettign kicked out strange stuff

Pecker
11-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Ya, I saw what the penalty was, was just wondering what he did to get it...

sbtatter
11-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Luber said he got a 10 min for complaining about a missed call, then he slammed the penalty box door, added a few choice words so they gave him a game as well...

dagley
11-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Complaining about a call, and slamming doors lol

lordstanley
11-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Complaining about a call, and slamming doors lol

Old school stuff there lol

Pecker
11-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanx for the answers guys!
4 to 1 Wheaties after 2! Yay!

lordstanley
11-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanx for the answers guys!
4 to 1 Wheaties after 2! Yay!

4-4 lol

dagley
11-19-2011, 09:09 PM
4-4 lol

****tin the bed

lordstanley
11-19-2011, 09:10 PM
Wow make it 5-4 no doubt swifty has offense but there defense has been losing them games

sbtatter
11-19-2011, 09:14 PM
You could tell they quit working halfway through the second. Same as last night though, didn't play well against the Tigers. First bad spell of the year, but they'll work their way through it.

dagley
11-19-2011, 09:24 PM
You could tell they quit working halfway through the second. Same as last night though, didn't play well against the Tigers. First bad spell of the year, but they'll work their way through it.

is 0 SOG in the 3rd accurate?

nm, whl site is slow

sbtatter
11-19-2011, 09:26 PM
3 games in 3 nights a bit much for Fransoo and Pulock. 1 more tomorrow, then Cgy on Tue, yikes! Maybe play Nikkel and Asham and Kuzcek tomorrow just for some fresh legs....

Pecker
11-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Wow! That was a ridiculous collapse! Usually I like it when Anderson implodes, makes Boes look better but with 4 games in 5 nights, you had to assume Anderson was bound to play a game or two. Those were two points we needed and had a pretty good chance at getting at the end of the second. Arrrrrg! Where's my shaking head, disappointed emoticon?? haha

At least on the plus side, Stone got 3 points and Etem got 0!

lordstanley
11-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Pecker what did i say ? i said saying things like a win is easy can bite you in the ass i hate to say i told you so that's why i never say it specially after LH beat RD last night anything can happen in the DUB

Pecker
11-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Pecker what did i say ? i said saying things like a win is easy can bite you in the ass i hate to say i told you so that's why i never say it specially after LH beat RD last night anything can happen in the DUB

haha, ya ya, I'll take the blame for this one. My confidence got the best of me. Now I'm not even sure we can beat Calgary on Tuesday!
You're a Blades fan anyway, you should be happy I jinxed my own team.

lordstanley
11-19-2011, 10:07 PM
haha, ya ya, I'll take the blame for this one. My confidence got the best of me. Now I'm not even sure we can beat Calgary on Tuesday!

Not happy actually i like to see the same teams do good every year Brandon us you know lol i do have respect for your wheats

mjw22
11-19-2011, 10:14 PM
when you compare Brandon to SC and Brandon to MJ, you can assume that Brandon should have somewhat of a better chance at beating SC. no?

apparently not yeehoo

lordstanley
11-19-2011, 10:22 PM
apparently not yeehoo

haha welcome to the WHL thing is brandon will beat them more than not

Flathead
11-20-2011, 10:24 AM

Ref missed a hook on Lowry and Brandon scored their third goal on the same play. Lowry was giving it to the ref and got ten, then when he went in the box he slammed the door and was given a game. I found it a little ridiculous, many guys slam the door when they go in the box. But oh well the final score is all that matters.;)

WHLFANMAN
11-20-2011, 12:11 PM

A warning. Tired from team WHL games rolling into 3 in 3 nights. IMHO this is a reflection of what could happen after christmas if CC doesn't start using his bench. I've said it before. All you have to do is look into the Sen's past three post christmas runs. short bench no fuel. :p I hope I'm wrong and there's a master plan.:confused: I mean Fav's 1st game back forth line scores first shift 1 st period that line saw 2 more shifts that period for a total of 7 for the game. Jens same story exact. Please some one help me understand.Boogaard'd

WHLFANMAN
11-20-2011, 12:15 PM

It's OK Pecker, great to see u suck it up! LOL Just don't do it again.:rolleyes:

sbtatter
11-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Good to see 5 Wheaties in the top 40 WHL power ratings
http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=11687

lordstanley
11-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Looks like the Wheaties turned the tables tonight down by 3 to comeback and win 7-6 in OT what a wild weekend lol

Joe Hallenback
11-21-2011, 09:09 AM
2 pretty sloppy games but some of the guys looked real tired with 4 in 4. Should have never lost that game in Switfy but they went to sleep in the 3rd and never woke up. I know it is easy to blame the goalie but I don't think it was entirely Anderson's fault Saturday.

Boes was pretty bad last night though. Way 2 man easy rebounds he gave up. You want to be a good goalie in this league then control your rebounds it is that simple. You could tell he was fighting it though with how he looked after some of those goals. On the other hand even though he gave up 7 goals Siemans was pretty spectacular. It could have been much worse if he didn't make some great saves.

Not sure about MJ right now. They should be better defensively but they are not. I had them pegged for top 4 in the east but if they don't make some changes to that team I am not so sure. They really lack depth up front.

Boltz9
11-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Anyone see the hit on Pulock?

Joe Hallenback
11-21-2011, 01:05 PM
I thought it was pretty bad. He was on his knees facing the boards and he drilled him

When the announcers are not saying nothing usually it is pretty bad

Boltz9
11-21-2011, 02:23 PM
I thought it was pretty bad. He was on his knees facing the boards and he drilled him

When the announcers are not saying nothing usually it is pretty bad

Was he able to skate off on his own?

Joe Hallenback
11-21-2011, 03:03 PM
He did skate off on his own and I thought he might have played a shift after as well

Boltz9
11-21-2011, 03:18 PM
He did skate off on his own and I thought he might have played a shift after as well

We'll that's a good sign. Hopefully just a precaution that he didn't play the rest of the game. But he would be a huge loss if he were to miss a bunch of time, especially when he's having the type of season he's having. On the positive it could get Nikkel some playing time.

Joe Hallenback
11-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Tough loss last night. Calgary was just the better team and they really wanted it.

I believe the Flu is running through this team since the weekend and it looked like it last night. They were sloppy,slow and disinterested most of the night

Hopefully they get some rest and come back hard this weekend.

And stop ragging on Anderson he was really good last night

dagley
11-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Tough loss last night. Calgary was just the better team and they really wanted it.

I believe the Flu is running through this team since the weekend and it looked like it last night. They were sloppy,slow and disinterested most of the night

He was brutal. If you consider that good, Boes is the best goaltender in the league.

lordstanley
11-23-2011, 10:11 AM
He was brutal. If you consider that good, Boes is the best goaltender in the league.

Ok what ? Boes is now the best goaltender in the league what have i been missing yeah he is good but the best wow ? guess i have been under a rock

Pecker
11-23-2011, 10:19 AM
if you consider letting in 6 weak goals good then ya, he was good!
And how did Dziurzynski get hardest worker of the game?!? I've never seen anyone be more of a floater. He plays a very individual game which shows by his goals to assist ratio. He just cherry picked the whole game and never back checked.
Hopefully with a few days rest now they can re charge their batteries and come out strong on Friday. Lets hope Pulock isn't gone for long either, we sure missed his big shot from the point last night.

WHLFANMAN
11-23-2011, 10:24 AM

Joe I like the posative swing you put on things! IMHO Anderson has shown short bursts of solid tending. The make up of an average backup. Boes has been "solid" with the odd hickup. I will say again, they have to run with thier starter, show confidence in him and let him battle through rough spots!!!! That's what makes a starter!! If they were to make a move I would wrap Anderson up in one of the deals they're going to need to make and bring up a "young" back up and give Boese the ranes for a good stint.:groovy:

Joe Hallenback
11-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Anderson was fine last night. The Wheaties gave up 20 shots in that first and honestly I think Calgary fired about 40 pucks at the net.

WHLFANMAN
11-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Ok what ? Boes is now the best goaltender in the league what have i been missing yeah he is good but the best wow ? guess i have been under a rock

Sarcasm:cool: Did i spell that right?:o

WHLFANMAN
11-23-2011, 10:41 AM
On the positive side:D a riddle: in the past week whos balls have grown back, is shooting gaps, going to the greasy places, driving the net and is being justly rewarded??;)

chalk_one_up
11-23-2011, 11:33 AM
On the positive side:D a riddle: in the past week whos balls have grown back, is shooting gaps, going to the greasy places, driving the net and is being justly rewarded??;)

Alessio Bertaggia. Do I win something?

WHLFANMAN
11-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Alessio Bertaggia. Do I win something?

:D Correct! Your cheques in the mail!

booboo
11-23-2011, 12:27 PM
You guys that think he is a good goalie must be smoking something I'd like to get my hands on---open your eyes???? For an Nhl signed goalie he is average at best.

BSB
11-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Anderson was fine last night. The Wheaties gave up 20 shots in that first and honestly I think Calgary fired about 40 pucks at the net.

Yes, he faced many shots last night and most of the team was too tired/fatigued to show up to help out, but I wouldn't consider his performance any more than average at best. It wasn't like most of those shots were top calibre scoring chances unlike when the team gave up two breakaways to Shinkaruk Friday night. As noted by Booboo previously, Anderson was slow coming across and easily should have been able to stop the wrap-around goal. Also on the goal where Fransoo let the guy walk out from the corner, Anderson should have been able to pokecheck the guy as he was cutting around Fransoo to the front of the net. Yes, both of those chances should never have happened if the defense was doing its job, but Anderson wasn't helping either by making saves/poke-checks that should have been made.

I agree with the others, give Boes a chance to run as the starter.

Joe Hallenback
11-23-2011, 02:20 PM
I didn't say he was good but he wasn't flat out terrible. I think both goalies rebound control the past few games has been what is really hurting them. Hopefully they get it sorted out soon

Trevor
11-23-2011, 04:57 PM
While I agree that Boes should be handed the reigns right now, I thought Anderson played a decent game last night. I'm gonna give him credit on at least 2 of Calgary's goals; Fransoo was nowhere to be found when Bubnick walked out from the corner, and I believe the shot from the point (Calgary's 2nd goal I think) was tipped.

Pecker
11-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Oh man! Why didn't we go after Maxwell? All the Oil kings had to give up was a third round pick and some plug prospect who'll never make the WHL anyway. We could have given Everett that. We'd have to give them a 20 year old though. You get rid of Melnychuk which makes room for more playing time for Nikkel or you get rid of Ciarelli and Maxwell takes his place which is a pretty good upgrade I would think. And we could have also thrown Anderson into the trade, haha, jk!

chalk_one_up
11-25-2011, 10:58 PM
LOL this team is bad.

sbtatter
11-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Man were the refs bad tonight, worse I've seen all year. How they didn't call that slash when Walher was breaking in SH....But having said that, we really sucked in the 3rd period. No breakout, Losing Seaman hurt. Making Kuczek play as a winger is tough. I don't know why we carry 8 d-man but don't carry an extra forward or 2 so we don't have to play d-men as forwards?
We are going to be in a whole lot of trouble when Stone is gone for 5 weeks!
Gotta show some heart soon as a group.

drummermajor
11-25-2011, 11:28 PM
There were at least 3 legitimate slashes (2 on the WK's and 1 from Jens) which were pretty much identical to the one on Walker (Minus the Breakaway situation) and none of them were called. So they were consistent on that front.

sbtatter
11-26-2011, 09:25 AM
There were at least 3 legitimate slashes (2 on the WK's and 1 from Jens) which were pretty much identical to the one on Walker (Minus the Breakaway situation) and none of them were called. So they were consistent on that front.

Oh the refs were bad for both teams, they called brutal non trips on both teams. Looks like guys are afraid to hit because if they hit it's called a penalty, gives us this soft pitter patter hockey where guys dive and hold onto oppositions sticks to draw a holding penalty

mjw22
11-27-2011, 03:23 AM
Looks like guys are afraid to hit because if they hit it's called a penalty, gives us this soft pitter patter hockey where guys dive and hold onto oppositions sticks to draw a holding penalty

I agree and tonight another no hitter .

jayson
11-27-2011, 11:17 AM
i wonder if moose jaws play by play guys realize on webtv that when they go to a radio comercial it still has their mics on and you can hear everything they are saying?

lordstanley
11-27-2011, 12:00 PM
i wonder if moose jaws play by play guys realize on webtv that when they go to a radio comercial it still has their mics on and you can hear everything they are saying?

James Gallo is a complete and utter joke biggest homer announcer since Rod Peterson hands down

mjw22
11-27-2011, 01:44 PM
James Gallo is a complete and utter joke biggest homer announcer since Rod Peterson hands down

He's embarrassing big time.

booboo
11-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Just watched the highlight of the MJ-Wk game. Gallo the PBP guy sounds like he is calling a bantam game----what a homer and sickening cheerleader--not too professional is he? Where did they find him????

lordstanley
11-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Just watched the highlight of the MJ-Wk game. Gallo the PBP guy sounds like he is calling a bantam game----what a homer and sickening cheerleader--not too professional is he? Where did they find him????

Last year when our Luakas Sutter lost a fight vs there Dallas Ehrardt Gallo was like a boxing announcer sayin Sutter goes down like 2 or 3 times just yelling it the guy is so brutal even there own fans don't like him

Why can't more guys be like Luebke and Les Lazaruk

lordstanley
11-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Check this here is the video of that sutter fight listen to gallo what a tool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pwDr2GoLtA

Raider Believer
11-28-2011, 05:45 PM

I agree with you ... about the 'tool' part. Same nonsense in PA. Drew Wilson constantly singing to Campese's tune, no matter how off key. Its kind of funny but pathetic.

Trevor
11-28-2011, 06:48 PM

Up until the "Sutter's down!!!" part I thought he called the fight reasonably well. Doesn't mean he isn't a complete homer though, lol.

mjw22
11-28-2011, 10:25 PM
the guy is so brutal even there own fans don't like him

Nobody likes him our coaches I'm sure just tolerate him. After last gm vs Wk he's interviewing the assistant coach who's saying we haven't been playing well the last 6-7 games and w's are hiding some problems. Instead of following that line he ignores him and keeps trying to get the glass half full answers he wants. This happens 2-3 times finally the coach just agrees with him lol . Gallo could fall face first in a steaming hot pile of **** and he'd tell you it kinda smelt like roses. I complained a few times to the radio station but he's still acting like a moron most nights . Just glad I only have to hear the post game. Sorry guys lol

chalk_one_up
11-29-2011, 10:09 AM
I agree with you ... about the 'tool' part. Same nonsense in PA. Drew Wilson constantly singing to Campese's tune, no matter how off key. Its kind of funny but pathetic.

I miss the Brian Munz days.

lordstanley
11-29-2011, 10:41 AM
My east division rankings for announcers

1. Les Lazaruk
2. Bruce Luebke
3. Dan Plaster
4. Drew Wilson
5. Shawn Mullins
6. James Gallo

To note those last 4 could go anyway really i should have just kept with the top 2 cause they win by a landslide

the Central has goo ones like Bob Ridley the hitmens guy is good and Cam Moon is good as well don't know much about Edmontons guy and lethbridge and Kootenays guys are very average

chalk_one_up
11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
My east division rankings for announcers

1. Les Lazaruk
2. Bruce Luebke
3. Dan Plaster
4. Drew Wilson
5. Shawn Mullins
6. James Gallo

To note those last 4 could go anyway really i should have just kept with the top 2 cause they win by a landslide

the Central has goo ones like Bob Ridley the hitmens guy is good and Cam Moon is good as well don't know much about Edmontons guy and lethbridge and Kootenays guys are very average

Kootenay's from what I remember, are not overly good. I just remember listening to them during the playoffs with the W'Kings and they were very amateur-ish.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Theres more to being a good PBP guy than just calling both of the teams equally. Sometimes I get the feeling thats the only thing people look for.

To me, the guy has to have some energy if its on the radio. A guy like Luebke could be the best in the world, but he would make a shootout with the cops sound like a dog show.

There are other important qualities like timing, consistency, improvising, showmanship, their own color commentating, and so on. Calling a good fight is important too, rather than 'theyre just punching...and uh a guy goes down'.

trucker
11-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Shawn Mullin took some time to get used to in Swift Current, but have grown to enjoy his pbp. Mullin had HUGE shoes to fill when Jon Keen left to Kamloops! Jon Keen is the BEST announcer in the league hands down. Ryan Switzer has got to be the best colour commentator in the league as well, might be a biased opinion from a Bronco fan on Switzer, but he is a treat to listen too!!

booboo
11-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I'll bet the McNaughton kid for the Giants regrets his decision to fight with Ferland---a one punch KO for Ferland---Boom!

Pecker
11-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Really exciting game actually. Best fight ever! The teams in the West don't know not to mess with Ferland. Nice brawl at the end too! It took two guys to take Ferland down but he still got back up and threw haymakers. He didn't win that one so handedly though cuz he was super tired!

Joe Hallenback
12-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Of course the one game I miss Ferland finally has a scrap and KOs someone.

Wait I thought we were all talking out of asses that no one wants to fight Ferland because he is too scary :rolleyes:

Bepoleon
12-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I'll bet the McNaughton kid for the Giants regrets his decision to fight with Ferland---a one punch KO for Ferland---Boom!

I gotta see this! Ferland is one of my fav fighters to watch. Throws everything with bad intentions. Never really saw him lose a fight. Only knock on him is his fight card is "fairly" weak (opponent wise). Would like to see how he would fair against Beach or Mcllrath.

Joe Hallenback
12-01-2011, 09:37 AM
He beat Beach up at the Mem cup and Beach has been dodging him ever since

Bepoleon
12-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Oh yeah. Forgot about that bout. Nevermind lol.

Joe Hallenback
12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Oh yeah. Forgot about that bout. Nevermind lol.

I would love to see him and McIlrath go though

jayson
12-01-2011, 03:58 PM
i wanted to see a rematch against dd guess we never will lol

Joe Hallenback
12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Here is Ferland's KO of McNaughton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAG3JGwItOE

sbtatter
12-01-2011, 10:13 PM
No wonder Beach runs from Ferland, especially after the Mem Cup beat down!!

Pecker
12-01-2011, 10:20 PM
That YouTube link got me watching a bunch of Ferlands other fights. It looked to me like the only one he's ever lost was to Dziurzynski. It is too bad he'll never get that rematch now.

ELL
12-01-2011, 11:58 PM
That YouTube link got me watching a bunch of Ferlands other fights. It looked to me like the only one he's ever lost was to Dziurzynski. It is too bad he'll never get that rematch now.

Looking at Ferland fights on you tube was contagious. Hard to believe anyone in the league right now could go toe to toe with him. Top three was Ferland disposing of Beach. And both Ferland and Carter Ashton making Kramer look silly.

booboo
12-02-2011, 05:18 PM
The league really blew this call on the 3 game suspension of Ferland and Wes V. of the Giants. The refs totally blew this by not keeping order at the end of the game. I wish the league would either find some better refs or maybe put 8 of them out there so they could control the game!!!:dead:

sbtatter
12-02-2011, 05:29 PM
The league really blew this call on the 3 game suspension of Ferland and Wes V. of the Giants. The refs totally blew this by not keeping order at the end of the game. I wish the league would either find some better refs or maybe put 8 of them out there so they could control the game!!!:dead:

players didn't even know the game was over, so this suspension is ridiculous

dagley
12-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Just want to give a shout out to the guys who went out and helped pickup and gather most of the teddy bears and helped throw them in the bed of the trucks. I thought that was pretty classy.

WHLFANMAN
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Solid play Boesey! He got a chance to battle back and did. :clap:

Pecker
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
I can't find anything anywhere that says anything more then just Seaman is injured. Anyone out there know what the injury is and how long he'll be out??

sbtatter
12-08-2011, 08:47 PM
I can't find anything anywhere that says anything more then just Seaman is injured. Anyone out there know what the injury is and how long he'll be out??

Luber says suspected concussion

booboo
12-08-2011, 09:35 PM
The Wk are taking it on the chin in the second period-----5 straight goals----goaltending hurts again---I know its not all the goalies fault but they need to make some good saves to keep the team in the game---Boes pulled again after giving up 4 straight goals in the 2nd period. I hate to be so negative but the results speak for themselves----we are NOT getting the saves we need to help win some games. When is the last time a WK goalie stole a game for them?:dead:

lordstanley
12-08-2011, 10:21 PM
The Wk are taking it on the chin in the second period-----5 straight goals----goaltending hurts again---I know its not all the goalies fault but they need to make some good saves to keep the team in the game---Boes pulled again after giving up 4 straight goals in the 2nd period. I hate to be so negative but the results speak for themselves----we are NOT getting the saves we need to help win some games. When is the last time a WK goalie stole a game for them?:dead:

Edmonton did the same to us last Sunday beat us 8-3 and scored 5 in the second period man they are dangerous

WHLFANMAN
12-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Edmonton did the same to us last Sunday beat us 8-3 and scored 5 in the second period man they are dangerous

I didn't see the blade"s game and ya the Oil Kings are obviously dangerous! BUT you have to hit them in the D zone down low!! If you let them skate around your done! I didn't see one OK dropped. I thought Boesey was playing well before he got hung out to dry. Anderson 2 week ones. You will notice or point shots have been nutralized. Teams just have to play wingers up high and that's the end of that. Some one tell me how the best line, IMHO, tonight and others as far as forechecking goes can have a 16 year old D man rookie on it playing forward. Did I see him get some 3rd line duty too? oh ya and a goal. I sure like Walker's defensive play. HAHA well that's enough of that. CC better start coaching! He only has one of the best arsonals in the league.:groovy:

WHLFANMAN
12-08-2011, 11:00 PM
I didn't see the blade"s game and ya the Oil Kings are obviously dangerous! BUT you have to hit them in the D zone down low!! If you let them skate around your done! I didn't see one OK dropped. I thought Boesey was playing well before he got hung out to dry. Anderson 2 week ones. You will notice or point shots have been nutralized. Teams just have to play wingers up high and that's the end of that. Some one tell me how the best line, IMHO, tonight and others as far as forechecking goes can have a 16 year old D man rookie on it playing forward. Did I see him get some 3rd line duty too? oh ya and a goal. I sure like Walker's defensive play. HAHA well that's enough of that. CC better start coaching! He only has one of the best arsonals in the league.:groovy:

HMMMM! I guess that was a dig at CC. Is that going to start an argument boys!?:p

sbtatter
12-09-2011, 06:49 AM
HMMMM! I guess that was a dig at CC. Is that going to start an argument boys!?:p

I think the organization should bring some forwards in from their protected list so we actually have forwards playing F instead of rookie d-men playing F. Trading Proft away looks pretty stupid as we now have to play Nikkel/Kuczek at F, and it's only going to be worse after Friday. Keep 8 d-man around, but not enough F, I don't get it.....

Joe Hallenback
12-09-2011, 09:23 AM
The Wheat Kings gave the puck away twice in a row which resulted in goals that just killed them. Both times the forward could have gotten the puck out and didn't.

Boes was not the problem. Nor was it the defense. The forwards were flat out terrible for the most part last night.

I think this team is going through a funk right now and maybe that isn't a bad thing. But people have to remember we weren't considered a contender this year but a middle pack team.

I am wondering if we traded Stone what we could possibly get in return for him. How much would say Portland give up for him? Considering our D is going to be intact next year and we are going to lack some forwards for next year why not move him?

booboo
12-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Two things---1. the WK need to find, bring up, trade for some forwards. It does not make sense having Nikkel, who is going to be a horse on defence playing forward when Melnychuck, Hunter, and Miller have a tougn time stopping anyone from scoring. What is the point in having Kuzcek who is a defenceman out 3 of 4 games when he is no worse than Melnychuck or Hunter? Am I missing something here??
2. With Conolly and Smith-Pelley being released to the Junior team Ferland's chances have all but gone out the window. Stone on the other hand is probably a lock to make the team.

booboo
12-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Ouch Corbin Boes broke his hand in Fri game vs Edmonton---we'll see if Anderson can grab the opportunity or fold like a cheap suit. Interesting times ahead methinks.

lordstanley
12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Ouch Corbin Boes broke his hand in Fri game vs Edmonton---we'll see if Anderson can grab the opportunity or fold like a cheap suit. Interesting times ahead methinks.

Wow you guys too, man it sucks were pretty banged up too Makarov has the flu Nicholls out for 2 months Trask suspended for 2 games Benson out with a concussion Collins is in a playing cast and Olsen is playing hurt

Wonder if it's time for Moose Jaw to pull away i sure hope not

Rye
12-09-2011, 04:42 PM

What a meathead.

mjw22
12-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Wow you guys too, man it sucks were pretty banged up too Makarov has the flu Nicholls out for 2 months Trask suspended for 2 games Benson out with a concussion Collins is in a playing cast and Olsen is playing hurt

Wonder if it's time for Moose Jaw to pull away i sure hope not

Ya it is we had a ton of injuries right off the start . We're still missing Kirsch & Rielly. Hockey gods always even things out lol

Pecker
12-09-2011, 08:51 PM
2 goals on Anderson 5 minutes into the game. Lets see what Papirny can do!

chalk_one_up
12-10-2011, 09:22 AM
2 goals on Anderson 5 minutes into the game. Lets see what Papirny can do!

He has to start better, but overall, he rounded himself out and was the star tonight. Again, I just wish he would start out better instead of putting the team in an early deficit. Brandon needs to start better as a whole and maybe get the first goal.

booboo
12-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Mid-way thro the 3rd period 3-3---sounds like we have had most of the play so far---Bertaggia 2 goals 1 assist---powerplay is really bad today without Stone and Ferland--this game is slowly slipping away as I type this. We seem to have a bad habit of taking penalties in the 3rd periods of close games---it is costing us some valuable points. We can't seem to get a big big save when we need it.

booboo
12-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Lost the game--untimely penalties in the 3rd period and a terrible power play did us in today. By looking at the standings I realize that we score a lot of goals but give up FAR too many to be considered one of the better teams in the WHL. I guess it's a combination of poor defensive play and mediocore goaltending--this needs to be addressed if we are to be successful going forward as the January schedule is brutal. If we lose Stone, Ferland(I doubt he makes it), and Bertaggia, along with Boes being out for a long period of time, along with the tough schedule we could be in a lot of trouble by the end of Jan. Any suggesstions from you fans?

Raider Believer
12-11-2011, 10:20 PM
I think the organization should bring some forwards in from their protected list so we actually have forwards playing F instead of rookie d-men playing F. Trading Proft away looks pretty stupid as we now have to play Nikkel/Kuczek at F, and it's only going to be worse after Friday. Keep 8 d-man around, but not enough F, I don't get it.....

CC messed up in Ottawa by over playing his first two lines. He's doing the same thing in Brandon and he'll get the same result. The worst kept secret in Wheat King country is that your keeper busted up his mitt after the game in frustration, not during the game. IMO .. CC is only surpassed in stupidity by the Raider's Campese! CC will be a one season coach, if he lasts the season. LOL

Pecker
12-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Yes! here's a suggestion, trade Stone and Ferland for a boatload of prospects and draft picks. We're gonna lose both of them at the end of the year and this team is not going anywhere so we mine as well get something for them. With such a great young D and a great young goaltender (Papirny) plus Hawryluk, if we can add some more great talent to that 15/16 year old group, we'd have a real chance in 2/3 years at winning the whole thing. I'd hate to see them go but this team is folding faster then superman on laundry day and lets in way to many goals to be a contender this year, mine as well get something for them before they we lose them anyway for nothing.

Joe Hallenback
12-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Ferland was cut this morning so we will at least have him back in the lineup

chalk_one_up
12-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Does Curtis Honey get called up?