PDA

View Full Version : Trades/Releases/Sign ups

CdnSailor
09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Thought I would use a thread for the team with regards to all transactions this season, rather than have names all over the place.

CdnSailor
09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
09/27/2011 Transfer Jared Rathjen (G) from Cariboo Cougars to Victoria Royals
09/27/2011 Transfer Brett Cote (D) Eastman Selects (Sr.) Midget AAA to Victoria Royals
09/27/2011 Transfer Keegan Kanzig (D) Fort Saskatchewan Rang. Mdgt AAA to Victoria Royals
09/27/2011 Transfer Taylor Crunk (F) California Titans 18U to Victoria Royals
09/27/2011 Transfer Austin Carroll (F) Coquitlam Express to Victoria Royals
09/27/2011 Transfer Logan Nelson (F) Des Moines Buccaneers to Victoria Royals
09/03/2011 Transfer Lukas Kralik (F) HC Olomouc U20 to Victoria Royals
07/08/2011 Transfer Hayden Rintoul (D) Kootenay Ice to Victoria Royals
06/03/2011 Transfer Keith Hamilton (G) Portland Winterhawks to Victoria Royals

09/21/2011 Up Kevin Sundher (F) Buffalo Sabres to Victoria Royals

09/06/2011 Down Joe Hicketts (D) Victoria Royals to Okanagan Hockey Academy

CdnSailor
09-27-2011, 10:26 AM
The following player has been released:

Emerson Hrynyk (1992) - Defenceman

CdnSailor
10-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Deletions #4, Emerson Hrynyk, reassigned

Injuries #7, Tyler Stahl, Upper body, 1 month +
#16, Brenden Persley, Illness, 2 weeks
#18, Brandon Magee, Lower body, 3 weeks

CdnSailor
10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Injuries #3, Zach Habscheid, Upper body, 1 month+
#7, Tyler Stahl, Upper body, 1 month +
#18, Brandon Magee, Lower body, 3 weeks

Returns #16, Brenden Persley, from illness

CdnSailor
10-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Emerson Hrynyk (D) to Dauphin Kings
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45513

CdnSailor
10-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Injuries:
#3 Zach Habscheid, Upper body, 1 month+
#7 Tyler Stahl, Upper body, 1 month+
#18 Brandon Magee, Lower body, 3 weeks

Returns:
#16 Brenden Persley, from illness

CdnSailor
10-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Goalie Braden Gamble reassigned to the Drumheller Dragons AJHL

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=25808

CdnSailor
10-27-2011, 10:17 AM
Defenceman Joe Hicketts assigned to the Royals from Okanagan Hockey Academy

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=120210

CdnSailor
10-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Additions:
#4, Turner Popoff from PIJHL

Injuries:
3, Zach Habscheid, Upper body, 1 month+
#22, Taylor Crunk, Upper body, 1 month

Returns:
#18, Brandon Magee, from injury

CdnSailor
11-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Down Turner Popoff (D) to the Richmond Sockeyes

CdnSailor
11-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Injuries
#3, Zach Habscheid, Upper body, 1 month+
#22, Taylor Crunk, Upper body, 3 weeks

Suspension
#21, Austin Carroll, 1 game remaining

fatshad
11-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Down Turner Popoff (D) to the Richmond Sockeyes

I thought Popoff did a pretty good job while he was here with the Royals. Hope to see him again if help is needed on D as far as numbers !!:)

fatshad
11-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Injuries
#3, Zach Habscheid, Upper body, 1 month+
#22, Taylor Crunk, Upper body, 3 weeks

Suspension
#21, Austin Carroll, 1 game remaining

I heard through the grapevine that Habscheide was going to be ready for this week ends two game set against the Giants. Anybody know for sure ?:clap:

CdnSailor
11-02-2011, 03:04 PM
I heard through the grapevine that Habscheide was going to be ready for this week ends two game set against the Giants. Anybody know for sure ?:clap:

I guess we will have to wait and see if he is on the ice on Friday. Someone is back with Popoff gone.

50sWHLer
11-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Can't wait until Friday !! I'm chomping at the Bit !!

I hope there's MORE to watch than last Saturday Nite -- ' BORING !!'

ZZZzzzzzzzz!! ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzs!!

Maybe because the games are starting at 10:05 ( See updated score game reports ) , I'm just tired???

CdnSailor
11-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Maybe because the games are starting at 10:05 ( See updated score game reports ) , I'm just tired???

I know you are a little old my friend but me thinks that it is Eastern Time Zone

50sWHLer
11-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I Dunno Cdnsailor, but if you take Sundher and his Goals out of the mix, the game was pretty darn scrambly, poor transition, poor defensive checking, poor cycling in the corners, ineffective checking with a lot of interference away from the play. Geez, even the officials didn't work up a sweat!!

I'm just used to Bigger, Stronger, Faster, players with the ability to give and take a body check, shoot harder, and work the corners much more effectiveness.

There was nothing like seeing Goldie with the lead pass, break through centre, deek the "D", and drive to the net, undressing the goal tender & SCORING !!!!!

Nope --- Nothing like that in the WHL that I've seen so far ---- BUT -- the season's NEW, right?? :rolleyes:

the Royal Flush
11-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Did you miss that Emersen Etem guy?

50sWHLer
11-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Yes, I did see him, BUT He's ONLY 'ONE' Player !!

Oh. I know, Sundher is another, BUT ------ beyond that ???? --- you tell WHO has the talent that we've seen in the past 7 years???

salmonkingsforever
11-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes, I did see him, BUT He's ONLY 'ONE' Player !!

Oh. I know, Sundher is another, BUT ------ beyond that ???? --- you tell WHO has the talent that we've seen in the past 7 years???

How about Garrison from the Giants. You'll see him twice this weekend!

50sWHLer
11-04-2011, 07:15 PM
NOT GOING, thank you !! But, maybe I'll catch the Hilites ???

the Royal Flush
11-05-2011, 12:06 AM
We have won more games this season than the Skings won in 2 seasons.

50sWHLer
11-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Hey, Royal Swoosh, if, in fact that is the case, can you please 'copy & paste' your proof !! Somehow, I think that your facts are somewhat askew, but I'm from Missouri , 'Show Me!'

But, remember too, that the SKs were derived were a Dormant Franchise south of the Border, not a 5 year successful local WHL Franchise that packed up their Tents, with the Blessings of Robinson and Team ownership, with NO CONCERN FOR THE LOCAL FANS, and promoted by Leaf GM Brian Burke, to come to the Hawaii of Canada, --- All to keep ECHL & AHL Hockey, away from any possible affiliation to Vancouver of the NHL.

the Royal Flush
11-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Hey, Royal Swoosh, if, in fact that is the case, can you please 'copy & paste' your proof !! Somehow, I think that your facts are somewhat askew, but I'm from Missouri , 'Show Me!'

But, remember too, that the SKs were derived were a Dormant Franchise south of the Border, not a 5 year successful local WHL Franchise that packed up their Tents, with the Blessings of Robinson and Team ownership, with NO CONCERN FOR THE LOCAL FANS, and promoted by Leaf GM Brian Burke, to come to the Hawaii of Canada, --- All to keep ECHL & AHL Hockey, away from any possible affiliation to Vancouver of the NHL.

time to up your dosages WOBNET...

fatshad
11-05-2011, 12:22 PM
NOT GOING, thank you !! But, maybe I'll catch the Hilites ???

Thats good, dont go to any games. There were over 6000 fans last night so we certainly dont need the negativity that you bring to the table. You could stay home and play cards, take the dog for a walk, have a nap or just lean back in your lazy boy and dream about all the thrills the SK provided for you in the past. Sweet Dreams ! Go Royals Go !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

coach
11-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Thats good, dont go to any games. There were over 6000 fans last night so we certainly dont need the negativity that you bring to the table. You could stay home and play cards, take the dog for a walk, have a nap or just lean back in your lazy boy and dream about all the thrills the SK provided for you in the past. Sweet Dreams ! Go Royals Go !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said.

Question: How the _ell did a person who has NO interest in the WHL/junior hockey program ever become a moderator on this board?
This JUNIOR hockey is way more exciting then any echl/ahl could have ever been. It started with instant rivilaries from the days when the Whl was here before. I am sorry for not copying and paste a responce here but I have my own opinions and am able to type them my self.

Dyck

CdnSailor
11-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Well said.

Question: How the _ell did a person who has NO interest in the WHL/junior hockey program ever become a moderator on this board?
This JUNIOR hockey is way more exciting then any echl/ahl could have ever been. It started with instant rivilaries from the days when the Whl was here before. I am sorry for not copying and paste a responce here but I have my own opinions and am able to type them my self.

It is because I have no interest my friend :groovy:

pontcanna
11-05-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure why this debate is under "Trades/Releases/Sign-ups"? Maybe the controversial new moderator can move it to a different spot...

Regarding the new mod, there may be something to say for his tongue in cheek "because I have no interest" comment. A moderate moderator - imagine 50sWHLer (aka WOBNEB) in that role :)

But he's interested enough to have season tix in the fancy seats, post interesting video after most home games and also offer his comments from time to time. If it's true that "half the battle is showing up" then he's certainly earned his spot here.

pontcanna
11-05-2011, 04:28 PM
time to up your dosages WOBNET...
Funny how 50s/WOB's rants tend to increase in frequency when the Royals are winning and drawing good crowds.

50sWHLer
11-05-2011, 05:14 PM
Well Royal Swoosh, where's the proof that the Royals have Won more Games so far this year than the SKs did in 2 --- Come on Big Boy -- Show us!!

And Fatshad, just because I didn't go Friday nite doesn't mean that I never, or seldom attend. I will be there Tuesday nite to see my Old Edmontonchuk Oil Kings. I've probably attended more local Junior Games since I moved here in 1969, than you'll ever see in your entire life.

Yup, and probably backed up more miles than you've driven ahead too!!

And Pontcanna, Cdnsailor has done more than anybody I know in getting facts, figures, articles, & videos out to the Fans, I THINK THAT YOU OWE HIM AN APOLOGY.

Hey, and regardless of what you think, I would make a FANTASTIC Mod, thank you.

My posting have nothing to do with what the attendance or score might be, as I post ONLY when I have time, after I walk the Dog, rake the leaves, play Bingo, play cards, take my Geritol, and my little blue Pill.

fatshad
11-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Well Royal Swoosh, where's the proof that the Royals have Won more Games so far this year than the SKs did in 2 --- Come on Big Boy -- Show us!!

And Fatshad, just because I didn't go Friday nite doesn't mean that I never, or seldom attend. I will be there Tuesday nite to see my Old Edmontonchuk Oil Kings. I've probably attended more local Junior Games since I moved here in 1969, than you'll ever see in your entire life.

Yup, and probably backed up more miles than you've driven ahead too!!

And Pontcanna, Cdnsailor has done more than anybody I know in getting facts, figures, articles, & videos out to the Fans, I THINK THAT YOU OWE HIM AN APOLOGY.

Hey, and regardless of what you think, I would make a FANTASTIC Mod, thank you.

My posting have nothing to do with what the attendance or score might be, as I post ONLY when I have time, after I walk the Dog, rake the leaves, play Bingo, play cards, take my Geritol, and my little blue Pill.

Sounds like you have done it all !! You just sound so much like a grumpy old man !! :mad:

pontcanna
11-05-2011, 07:14 PM

I said:

-Cdnsailor has expensive season tickets (hence supporting the Royals financially and actually being there for most all the games, therefore entitled to comment).

-Cdnsailor posts good quality video of goals, fights etc. within an hour or two of game completion (his own video at home, streamed video from the WHL for road games - the latter he must also pay for).

-Cdnsailor is actually fairly moderate in his opinions/views, which is no bad thing for a moderator.

I'll also observe that Cdnsailor had lots of opinions about the departure of the SK's and arrival of the Royals, but unlike some, he recognises that (Wobneb-mode on) LIFE GOES ON AND IT IS POINTLESS TO MAKE TWISTED, BITTER AND TROLL-LIKE POSTINGS ON BULLETIN BOARDS THAT ARE MEANT FOR DISCUSSION OF THE NEW TEAM.

So I'm not sure what kind of apology you think I should offer.

Game time!

50sWHLer
11-06-2011, 01:00 PM
I’m NOT a “Grumpy Old Man,” thank you, but possibly just a lovable ‘lovable grouch’

I may appear crusty, cranky, & crabby, as I just take critical looks at hockey here in Victoria, with the over-riding sentiment that things just aren’t as good as they used to be.

Underneath the gruff exterior, is a prickly interior ... and deeper down is a sweet and gentle man, a true hockey fan, a patriot with a love of all hockey Canadian, like good Canadian Beer , and a definite and delicious hatred for prejudice and hypocrisy.

Do I have any opinions that might irritate some people? You Darn Right I do !
As Forums are really formats for ‘Opinions’, they are not always meant to be supportive.

Personal attacks like, - “Wobneb mode on, Life goes on, and Its pointless to make twisted, bitter, and Troll-like postings on Bulletin Boards that are meant for discussion of the new Team”, are shallow, irrelevant, senseless, and should be viewed as such.

That being said, I go apologize Pontanna. My comments regarding our new Mod was to be directed to ‘coach’, not you. Sorry, my bifocals were filthy.

Yes, the current WHL Royals hockey is entertaining, just as I enjoyed the WHL Cougars , the Salsa , Grizzlies, and yes, the Junior B Cougars, and Peninsula Panthers etc. Etc. And, yes, It’s great to see the fantastic attendance, especially the over 7000 on Saturday nite, albeit as quiet as they were

The Kids are working their Butts off to give the Fans their entertainment dollars worth, and are doing all they can do, within their power, to make WHL hockey successful here in Victoria.

See you at the SOFMC !!! Game On !!!

the Royal Flush
11-06-2011, 01:09 PM
just a few more mg's and the dosage should be right...

50sWHLer
11-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks Royal Swoosh !!!!:rolleyes:

I take it that you just forgot to :) , :D , or ;)

Or should I just consider the source??

CdnSailor
11-06-2011, 03:18 PM
OK Boys :confused: enough throwing sand out of the sandbox and :deadhorse: Everyone has great comments, ideas and thoughts. But this is supposed to be for the Royals: Trades, Releases etc.

Let's get ready for the Oil Kings on Tuesday and kick some Oilers butt yeehoo

50sWHLer
11-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Geez Cdnsailor, that Guy flogging that Dead Horse looks just like ME!! - Go Figure eh !!

Hey Boys. I'll be there AGAIN on Tuesday Nite ---

GO OIL KINGS GO !! ------- Errrrrrr --- I Mean " GO ROYALS GO " !!! :)

(Bite my tongue) :confused:

CdnSailor
11-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks old man;)

pontcanna
11-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Hey Boys. I'll be there AGAIN on Tuesday Nite ---

-Heaven help us if there aren't 7,006 bums in seats, even on a Tuesday. The beginning of a slide in attendance?

-If Royals put on a clinic and beat the Oil Kings 10-1, that will be evidence of a weak kid league, poor defensive standards, etc.

-If we get shelled and lose 10-1, the wheels are coming off, no scorelines like that in the E, weak kid league, poor defensive standards, etc (see above). Unhappy fans want the return of professional hockey to Victoria.

-If there is a thrilling win/loss after a regulation time draw, well, Marty is a mercenary and I don't like the look of him in that ripped off Royal Bank outfit anyway :)

I'm starting to realise that I'd miss the old boy if he left this board. I take back the "troll" comment :)

the Royal Flush
11-07-2011, 07:05 PM
If we can get his meds adjusted he may have a fighting chance.

50sWHLer
11-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey pontcanna, the Royal Bank connection is a GOOD ONE !! ( Rg = bottom line = "take it to the Bank" ') - quite applicable

But, as I've noted before, the Jersey has been 'borrowed' from a Community College in Moose Jaw, not RBC

Hey, there is going to be a GREAT crowd tonight. Don't know if we'll reach 7,000+-, BUT maybe 5800 - 6000 ?? ----- Lots of Comps being handed out !--- Some to SK STHolders who have NOT purchased Royals STs

Mazur is betting that they'll LOVE the WHL Action and purchase Tickets

Way to Go RG !!! Nice Touch & a GREAT way to get a GOOD mid week crowd.

GO ROYAL BANK GO !! --- errrr , I mean " GO ROYALS GO " :groovy:

CdnSailor
11-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Injuries
#22, Taylor Crunk, Upper body, 2 weeks
#23, Jesse Pauls, Upper body, 1 week

Injuries Returns
#3, Zach Habscheid, from injury
#21, Austin Carroll, from suspension

CdnSailor
11-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Injuries:
7, Tyler Stahl, Upper body, 1 month + :(
#22, Taylor Crunk, Upper body, day to day :)
#23, Jesse Pauls, Upper body, day to day :)

CdnSailor
11-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Rumour that Foward Benjamin Walker of the "Edina High Hornets" may be coming to the Royals

CdnSailor
11-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Confirmed - Benjamin Walker joins team

Injuries

Returns
#22, Taylor Crunk, from injury
#23, Jesse