PDA

View Full Version : Pats at MH Game 3

patsdude114
09-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Pats holding onto a 4-3 lead at the moment with like 1:10 left (roughly)

patsdude114
09-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Olstad scores in empty net to seal the deal. Big game winning goal by Klimchuk to score 14secs after Etem scored to tie it up at 3

Listened to the whole game & the game sounded like a great entertaining game.

*edit* Plaster said Olstad got the EN goal but the WHL site says Stephenson????

witness
09-28-2011, 09:32 PM
3 and 0, Baby!!!!

Nice win on the road.

patsdude114
09-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Very nice cant remember the last time the Pats started 3-0 us Pats fans havent had a whole lot to cheer about the past few yrs. I know its only 3 games but we do seem to have a quality team & not push overs like most of the league thought we were going to be.

A bigger test coming up on Friday when the Pats head to Kootenay to face Lieuwen, Ismond, Czerwonka, Reinhart & the rest of the Ice.

Hewitt made some big saves tonite (going by how Plaster called the game) but at the other end Bunz made some big saves as well. Has been a long time since i have been excited for a Pats team like the team we have this year.

Thank you Lang for bringing in a quality coach in Conacher & changing the atmosphere within the organization!

*edit*
a side note Mitchell has been offically removed from the Pats roster page, i didnt think there was much chance at getting him back anyways (altho i was hoping for the best) do the Pats fill this last spot on the overage list? starting 3-0 with room to improve the team doesnt come around to often. I know its only Sept. but a playoff position is very key to this franchice this year. Playoff experience only makes he younger players better in knowing what it takes.

We cant even say its a rebuild year when we r 1 of the oldest teams in the league this year, without even having that final 20yr old spot used. By adding that final 20yr old it doesnt stop the process (or slow it down) from rebuilding this franchise, i think it adds to it as well. No need to play a 16yr old kid just for the fact of playing him, he must be ready for the league & able to make some sort of an impact. Kind of like what Klimchuk is doing now.

Bepoleon
09-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Good Job Pats! Even though its only three games, its a awesome start. (Honorable mention in the CHL's top ten) lol.

Attached is the highlights to lastnights game (tigers tv). Looked like Hewitt made a few amazing saves. Both fights were lackluster.
http://www.tigershockey.com/

I like the make of this Pats team. Stevenson could be the most improved player from last year. He's really starting to remind of Rypien (RIP) in his Pats years.

At this time, I don't think theres no rush to add a 20 year old. I like the team how it is now. As the season goes by i'd hope to lose a couple 19 year olds for either prospects, 16 and 17 year olds.

Lang was a god send. He has turned this team right around including hiring Conacher. Coach has this team believing. I've like what i've seen so far. Go Pats!:clap:

Joe Hallenback
09-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Encouraging to see the Pats get off to such a good start. Really like Klimchuck and I think getting Elyniuk was a smart move he should help with the toughness. Between him,Underwood and Biveldelski you guys won't be pushed around at all.

Western Elite
09-29-2011, 10:36 AM
East is wide open this year it seems.

Brandon, Saskatoon, Moose Jaw all have great defense but the difference is the goaltending and forwards as to who will finish ahead.

Brandon has one of the top players in the league in Stone and Bertaggia seems like the real deal but is there much depth? How can the two 18 yr old average goalies perform?

Saskatoon has depth up front through their lines but who will take the #1 goalie job?

Moose Jaw has Howden who is out and not a lot of depth after and the goaltending is a question mark.

Regina seems to have some defensive depth and Weal along with several young guys. To me, they are the wildcard.

dsquared
09-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Top 10 rankings http://www.chl.ca/index.php/article/chl-announces-bmo-chl-mastercard-top-10-rank have Pats as an honourable mention - I can't remember the last time Pats were in top 10,,,, I do not read too much into it as it was only based upon 2 games with Broncos - but still where are the Blades?

lordstanley
09-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Top 10 rankings http://www.chl.ca/index.php/article/chl-announces-bmo-chl-mastercard-top-10-rank have Pats as an honourable mention - I can't remember the last time Pats were in top 10,,,, I do not read too much into it as it was only based upon 2 games with Broncos - but still where are the Blades?

Good question where are the Blades they also started off 2-0 vs a tougher team oh well like you said it's only 2 games in and the top 10 is rediculous half the time anyways but congrats to the Pats for a great start it's good to see for a change

Western Elite
09-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Blades dropped off the face of te earth after losing "Schenn according to the "experts"! No Huberdeau but St. John is 3-3-0 and ranked #1????

patsdude114
09-29-2011, 07:02 PM
At this time, I don't think theres no rush to add a 20 year old. I like the team how it is now. As the season goes by i'd hope to lose a couple 19 year olds for either prospects, 16 and 17 year olds.

I think it will all depend on where the Pats sit in the standings come trade deadline, this franchise needs to make the playoffs this season. If come trade deadline (which is a long ways away & im not looking at that date at all) the Pats are on the outside looking in then yes by all means trade away a 19yr old or 20yr old. But if the Pats are in a position to battle for home ice advantage or even hold onto 5th/6th/7th or 8th the Pats need to do that.

This team isnt in as big of a rebuild process as most may think. There is depth on this team in every area, & it all comes down to how they are coached. Great coaches can make the avg player looks to be great. Look at McCrimmon/Hay/Clouston/Mollenken they always find a way to get the most out of any player which leads to team success. Hunt could hardly get the most out of 2nd line players dont even think of the 3rd/4th line guys. Hunt was 1 of those coaches who could coach guys who had the skill but couldnt develop other players who needed the help.

Bepoleon
09-30-2011, 04:03 AM
Yeah, Its way too early in the season to say. Ain't broke, don't fix it.