PDA

View Full Version : Pats vs KOO Game #4

patsdude114
09-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Pats head into Cranbrook tonite to battle the Ice looking to go 4-0 to start the year. Facing against easily the best goalie in the WHL this year in Lieuwen it will be no easy task for the Pats.

I think the Pats will be fine if they work hard & keep up a steady forecheck with our team speed. Hewitt has been playing great to start the year off (which is no surprise since he did out play Ketlo after xmas last year).

Very curious to see how Klimchuk will respond to a legit top team. The book on Kimchuk is he always raises the bar in bigger games. Yes he is only 16yrs old but he has already been playing higher then most expected him too at the start of the year.

patsdude114
09-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Pats up to an early 1-0 lead very odd to see both Lieuwen & Hewitt both on the bench tonite watching. Nice to see both teams showing confidence in there backups

RWAH
09-30-2011, 10:44 PM
From the radio coverage (and Dan P is not the best) it sounds like we were NOT out worked. That is very encouraging. Good to see the coach play Hunt in his home town, that should get the players wanting to do battle for the coach. Lethbridge to go and then home and a week of practice. I know tonight the stats have our PP at 50% but on all the games it is a little under preforming and could use some work
A great start to the season and I can't wait for next Friday and Saturday

patsdude114
10-01-2011, 12:56 AM
When the game was 3-2 (just before KOO scored to go up 4-2) the Pats had some great chances to tie it up, i believe it was Klimchuk who had a wide open net but failed to score (& no im not blaming him for not scoring) just a tough break was all.

Sounded like we had some quality chances around the net yet again. Underwood had 2 goals in 149 games before joining the Pats & he already has 2g in 4 games this season.

Im not questioning the coaches decisions tonite with players in & out of the lineup i just thought that scratching Stevenson (prob our best all around player to start the year off) was not a smart move, also the decision to sit Hewitt tonite when we play LETH tomorrow nite a lesser opponent then KOO (it wasnt the Beukeboom played badly tho) i just think sends a different msg to the team then what we needed. But what do i know im just a fan.

Also to scratch Blidstrand in favour of 3 (not just 1 but all 3) inexperienced Dmen in Peel, Burroughs & Zimbaluk. Left me scracthing my head at the pregame on why we r dressing 7 Dmen, it doesnt keep the 5th 6th & 7th Dmen heads in the game as much as normally they r the 1s rotating in & out of regular shifts.

By no means am i disappointed by the effort tonite tho, listening on the radio seems like it was another entertaining hockey game for the fans.

Bepoleon
10-01-2011, 02:30 AM
Stevenson was out with a leg injury. Elynuik was scratched due to taking a bad penalty against the Tigers allowing them crawl back from a 3-0 deficit.

They ran out of forwards is prolly the only reason they dressed 7 D.

Blidstrand was scratched, reasons unknown prolly a bad game versus the tigers? I actually like that the coach is holding the players accountable for their playtime.

Ice have a good team this year, and as long as the pats didn't quit, i'm OK with this loss.

patsdude114
10-01-2011, 10:46 AM
ahh i was unaware that Stevenson has a leg injury didnt see that anywhere but thanks... im OK with the loss as well i just had some questions was all... & yes it is a great thing to have the players accountable for the ice time they earn.

The Ice will be a good team again this i know & knew already) im not disappointed in the loss i was just left scratching my head with a few little things was all.

We had chances to tie it when we were pressing for that tieing goal which ultimately lead to the 4th goal by the Ice, just a minor set back in the W/L column was all. We will get back in the W column tonite against the Canes especially if Ketlo is starting.