PDA

View Full Version : Gallagher returning

N.W. Bruin
09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
On the Montreal Canadiens' website

Press release

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=590458

Bournival and Gallagher returned to their junior teamJoonas Nattinen has been assigned to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs. Friday, 30.09.2011 / 2:00 PM / News Montreal CanadiensPRESS RELEASE

MONTRÉAL – The Montreal Canadiens announced Friday that forwards Michael Bournival (Shawinigan – QMJHL) and Brendan Gallagher (Vancouver – WHL) have been returned to their respective junior team. The Club also announced that forward Joonas Nattinen has been assigned to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs.

There are still 32 players at camp, including nine players sidelined due to injuries: Andrei Markov, Travis Moen, Hunter Bishop, Brendon Nash, Lars Eller, Olivier Fortier, Louis Leblanc, Ryan White and Ian Schultz.

The Canadiens will play their last preseason game against Tampa Bay tomorrow at the Colisée Pepsi in Quebec City.

The Bulldogs will play back-to-back preseason games against the Binghamton Senators on Friday, September 30 in Victoriaville and Saturday, October 1 in Drummondville.

(Likely can make his way up to Kelowna for Saturday's game).

dondo
09-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Good to hear. I expect Gally will finish off his WHL stint and then go to the AHL for a year or two. I am so happy that the Habs were smart enough to realize that the under-sized forward would not benefit from more regular season games. Brule was under-sized at 5' 10" and got injured twice, simply due to Dougie McLean's selfishness and the need to save his butt.

I am hoping the Habs show patience with Gally and let him develop. He will be good no matter when he joins the squad.

http://www.vancouvergiants.com/article/brendan-gallagher-returns-to-vancouver -- here's the Giants version

steamer1112
10-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Thank Dog. It would have been a loooong season without him. I hope that Don puts him back with Martinook and Tvordon, they were pretty potent in the exhibition games I saw.