PDA

View Full Version : Canes first home game.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Good times in the newly renovated, and really freakin warm barn last night. Lots to say about the video screen, freshly painted logos on the ice and the new look Enmax Center etc. Instead I am going to try to keep it short for once.
Jay Merkley is a "special" type of hockey player. He has that 6th sense on the ice that very, very few players possess. It seems like the puck follows him everywhere, but it is actual the inverse. He just seems to know where the puck is going to go before it goes there. Merkley also does not seem to be afraid of getting into the fray in front of the net.
Yes I know he is 16 and this was only 1 game, but if he stays healthy, he could well be a top 10 scorer in this league someday.
I hope Merkley's line plays against Klimchuk's line tonight. Should be an interesting match-up. Two early candidates for WHL Rookie of the year???

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Can't make the game tonight which sucks. Got pumped for the new look Hurricanes last night. Good old fashioned pond hockey, but nowhere near as entertaining as good old fashioned goon hockey. I am afraid last nights game is going to be the new style of hockey in the DUB, and every other league. Not a lot of hitting and I don't think anyone ever got drilled into the boards at all.
Interesting, but not at all surprising line-up changes for tonights game against the Pats. Two veteran D-men, Oslanski and Jackson, are going to watch the game from the stands. Both made some brutal turnovers last night that led directly to goals. Especially Jackson from what I saw.

2speak4all
10-01-2011, 09:27 PM
The amount of penalties being taken by the Canes is dramatically less than last year. If that trend continues, that should help them get a better chance at winning a few more games.

Great offence which shows some we can expect more goals this year.

Although our defense kind of sucked Friday night. That has been the strong suit of our team over the last year or so. I am hoping they will be there again. We need Anderson to stand taller and strut his 'pro' talent to help the team get the wins in those close games. We lost several games by one point last year and hopefully that will switch up and we can win a few more games even if it is just one point.

Caniac#5
10-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Not impressed with our goalie!

patsdude114
10-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Yes I know he is 16 and this was only 1 game, but if he stays healthy, he will be a top 10 scorer in this league without a doubt.

I really hope u didnt mean this year with that comment, if u did mean this year u have lost all credibility u may of had from me.

Now for my question......

Looking for some input from a hockey fan 1st (not a canes fan 1st) on the game tonite against the Pats.... I did see the Pats outshot the canes by a decent margin, just from my point of view offense will be a problem for the canes yet again this year. I do hope the canes can press for a playoff spot tho & make the playoffs, u canes fans deserve it just like us Pats fans.

CanesCrazy
10-01-2011, 11:40 PM
The Pats totally outplayed the Hurricanes, plain and simple. It seemed with the shuffling of the lines that it was impossible for any of the locals to get any rhythm on the ice. Passes were missed, shots weren't getting through, everyone was falling. I dare say they just didn't have any luck either. Regina played a strong game and it appears they have improved dramatically over the team they iced last season. The Hurricanes need to watch the tapes, learn from the mistakes and kick some a$$ on this road trip. They are better than what we saw tonight and I bet they prove it on their next outing.

blacksheep
10-02-2011, 07:07 AM
Albin is quickly showing to be a liability. 6-5 against Calgary at 16:16 third takes a penalty. (got away with it). Cardinal rule, do NOT take a penalty in a 6-5 game no matter what time of the game. Last night 3-1 with canes having some momentum takes at penalty 14:16 of third. PP goal 4-1. Canes dead in the water, deflated, gas bagged, two to the Pats. A little selfishness seems to be coming to the front. :mad::mad::mad:

LethHnds
10-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Your right about about Albin...his penalty with 6 minutes left in a 3-1 game led to the 4th goal which put a stake in the heart of the team. He needs to figure it out quick or he will be sitting with Oslanski and Jackson in the stands...he is killing us....two thoughts from last night...first the coaching staff gets the credit for the loss ...changing every forward line combo and 2 of the three D pairs from the first three games was just stupid...no other words for it. They were completly lost in the the first period and went they went back to the familiar lines in the second it was too late eventhough the team played better...just ridiculas ..these boys need confidence not freaking head games played with them. Second what the heck is up with the ice at the Emax? the puck was bouncing like a basketball, players on both teams were falling randomly even the ref fell twice...its dangerous and they need to get on it ASAP!!

grainbear
10-02-2011, 02:15 PM
remember guys the ice has just gone in and we have had summer type weather, no ice irregardless of how good the ice plant is or how good the ice maker is going to be great with that combination. The other fact is that both teams played on the terrible ice , not just us. I think Cams comment on to much thinking of how well they thought they did the night before came home and we played a team that lost its game the night before . This is about veterans leading by example. Anderson did not play poorly, however every team in the league knows to shoot high on the glove side with traffic and you can beat him. This is where Chris needs to work with him and I also believe he is sitting a little to deep in the blue zone. The problem is that when he does come out the opposition is crashing the net and playing the little bump on him that has taken him of his game in the past. These are the only weak parts of his game and was not addressed last year and Chris needs to quickly address this issue in practices and also in mental training and visualiztion drills.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-02-2011, 03:33 PM
I really hope u didnt mean this year with that comment, if u did mean this year u have lost all credibility u may of had from me.
No I certainly did not mean this year. In a couple of years maybe.

HURRICANE'S ROCK
10-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Canes in Moose Jaw tonight. My key to the game is short and sweet. Time for Anderson to steal a game!