PDA

View Full Version : WHL food for thought from the BCHL

patsdude114
10-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Taken from the Saskatoon Blades thread...

are there fans out there other than myself who feel that the addition of an extra 20yr player to our teams (like the BCHL ) or two in thier case would increase the level of play at all? would it change the way NHL teams decide who they send back to our league for more ice time? Just curious, i know it would be harder for 16yr players to enter, but is that a bad thing? some players would benifit from more consistant ice time in AAA, or Jr A?

Personally i think the WHL should add 1 additional 20yr old roster spot. Lets face it not many 16yr olds shine at this level & would benefit from another year of AAA or Jr A hockey. The top 16yr olds you would still see on the roster reguardless. I think from a fans point of view this should be looked at by the WHL board of governor's in the end us fans want to watch the best possible hockey around.

Id still rather watch an avg 20yr old on the ice instead of a young kid who really isnt ready for the WHL. I think the level of hockey would be much better as well, not just cuz u get to add in the 1 older guy but cuz u will then get more ready players to move into the WHL instead of being forced in just to fill the roster with maybe the right age groups. Yes u would still get a mixture of the age groups like we have now but i think there would be less long term planning of getting 2 possibly 3 16yr olds on ur roster instead of just 1 (the 1 who is most ready) then let those other 1s come back a year older with more confidence to actually make an impact.