PDA

View Full Version : Borstmeyer Re-assigned

RWAH
10-03-2011, 02:36 PM
This is no surprise. The battle was between him and Zimbeluk and size and strength won out. That leaves 8 Defence 14 Forwards and 2 goalies. I think Chad has some wiggle room if a quality 20 year old come available but there should be no urgency to fill that.
With the results from the road trip I am exicited to see them in live action at the Brant centre this Fri and Sat. I listened to the games and they are playing in your face, up tempo hackey. What a change from a year ago. Could it be that Hunt did not know how to coach this style of hockey or did he just not have the talent???

patsdude114
10-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Yes no surprise at all that Bortsmayer was re-assigned & keeping Zimbulak around instead (for now)

Didnt Bortsmayer get sent to North Battleford last year or was it Humbolt? I am very sure it wasnt to Weyburn like it is this year. Was his rights traded recently in the SJHL? or does the WHL team see who has a opening within the league as to where to send him?

lordstanley
10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
I thought he would be the odd man out as well you guys hear anything on Garrett Mitchell ? is he gonna be back i see he is not listed on the PATS website anymore did he get signed ?

patsdude114
10-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Mitchell signed a NHL contract at the end of last season, he has been removed from the Pats roster on the Pats webpage since 2 days before the season started.

Would of been nice to have him back in our jersey but it is what it is. I personally am happy for Mitchell as he works his tail off & will stand up for anyone on his team on a nightly basis, but i truely dont think he is ready will be another player added to the long list of players that should of played 1 more year of junior to gain more confidence & actually prove something in junior with stats.

A prime example of 1 who paved his way to the NHL from his 20yr old season was Troy Brouwer he was a bubble player at the time for the Hawks & they sent him back to MJ to show that he was worth keeping around, & needless to say he put up 49g 102pts thats season. Not saying Mitchell is capable of putting up those types of numbers but im sure proving he does have some offensive upside to him would go along ways in his pro career (even it is only an AHL career)

RWAH
10-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Greg Harder's blog has Borstmayer with Melfort last year. I don't know how the WHL assigns player to the SJHL, if any one can shed some light I whould appreciate that
I agree Mitchell would develope a lot more as a 1st or 2nd line player in junior than a 4th line player in the AHL or worse the East Coast. If Mitchell could stick with Herschey and play 1st or 2nd line I think it will be better for him to stay in the pros.
We may see him back but I doubt it, and LOL to Garrett

sbtatter
10-03-2011, 05:23 PM
I was the first to take digs at the Pats as they mismanaged their assets 2 years ago when it was obvious they weren't making the playoffs, but got to give CL some props for the team he's building now, only seen you pre season, but you looked competitive then and you're showing it in the real season, so congrats to the organization, the East is rising again!!!

Bepoleon
10-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Borstmayer did a good job battlin for a spot but it jus wasn't enough to make this years team. It's nice to have the roster finalized (barring trades).

GM Lang has turned this ship right around in a short amount of time. I'm glad that hes in full contral and not Parkers puppet like some people expected. Ughh mentioning Parker gets me a ill in the stomach.

Off topic... What happened to Pavkovich? Did he quit hockey to become a pilot or something? Not like the teams missing him, just curious.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
This is expected to happen when you have new bosses. There are going to be some layoffs. Im a little surprised Borstmayer got reassigned so early, though.

Pavkovich is sitting out this season because of concussions, I think. Its too bad, I really liked his game.

hockeyfan123
10-04-2011, 11:10 PM
I follow the SJHL very well. From What i understand is that last year Weyburn held his rights, he was then assigned to Weyburn and they didnt have enough room on there roster so they traded him to melfort, the deal was Melfort was supose to give them a player when the season was over... Melforts coach got fired and they never gave weyburn a player back so his rights reverted back to Weyburn...

patsdude114
10-04-2011, 11:25 PM
that deal sounds like it would follow the SJHL to a tee, in a way i prob dont blame Melfort for not following through with the trade since the Pats recalled up Bortsmayer last season he prob barely played 20 games in the SJHL last season.

I think his rights will be traded in the WHL before xmas, some team will most likely run into injury problems on the blueline & will need a fill in guy. Its not that Bortsmayer is brutal, he can log 10 to 13 mins of ice a game & keep it simple. Its just to easy to pressure him all game long dump the puck into his corner & beat him to the puck as he isnt a strong skater at all.