PDA

View Full Version : 10 Game Suspension

CdnSailor
10-04-2011, 12:54 PM
10/04/11 Charles Inglis Prince George 10 games for match penalty for checking to the head versus Victoria on October 1 :clap::clap:

wombats
10-04-2011, 03:31 PM
No need to clap and be a goofball about it. I mentioned it in the Royals thread on the weekend, that for the WHL to get it right, it needed to be 10 games, and that is what it is.

No real surprise from this fan. It was an ugly vicious hit.

CdnSailor
10-04-2011, 04:09 PM
No need to clap and be a goofball about it. I mentioned it in the Royals thread on the weekend, that for the WHL to get it right, it needed to be 10 games, and that is what it is.

No real surprise from this fan. It was an ugly vicious hit.

Was not being a goof ball about it Wombat. I am happy he got that amount. The hit was very serious and it is to bad that they cannot be fined as well for the incident.
These foolish hits have to stopin all leagues as well.

wombats
10-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Fine? How do you fine someone who is making next to nothing....

Taking 10 games or approximately 15% of their season away is serious, if the same player does it again, in this case Inglis, it should double.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-04-2011, 10:21 PM
I was looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow night in Saskatoon but now that will not happen. :(

There was a reason Lorne Molleken traded him away. He still thinks of Saskatoon as home which is a good thing.

CdnSailor
10-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Prince George Cougars forward Charles Inglis was suspended Tuesday for 10 games by the Western Hockey League for his elbow to the head of Victoria Royals defenceman Tyler Stahl in a game last Saturday at CN Centre.

Stahl suffered a concussion in the incident that occurred in the third period in the corner of the Royals’ end. The 2010 sixth-round draft pick of the Carolina Hurricanes lay on the ice for minutes and had to be helped off by teammates.

“We’ve stated from the outset of the season that we will do everything we can to reduce the number of head injuries,” said WHL commissioner Ron Robison by phone from Calgary. “If any injury occurs from a hit to the head, then a significant suspension will be the result.”

Inglis received a five-minute hit-to-the-head major and a match penalty Saturday. The suspension takes place immediately with Inglis due to return Oct. 26 when the Cougars are in Kelowna. The undrafted 19-year-old from Winnipeg is a key player for the Cougars and has three goals and four points in three games this season, after scoring 32 goals and adding 28 assists last season.

“It was a vicious hit, no doubt about it,” said Royals GM and head coach Marc Habscheid. “We’re trying to take that sort of hit out of the game.”

When asked about Stahl’s condition, Habscheid responded: “He’s not great.”

It is a major loss to the Royals because the 19-year-old is a leader on the blue-line. The team would provide no further details nor give an estimate of how long Stahl is expected to be out of action. Hockey teams normally do not release medical details about concussed players.

“There’s no timeline you can put on a concussion,” Habscheid said. “Who thought Sidney Crosby would be out this long? About the only thing you can say is that when Tyler is cleared to play by the doctors, then he can come back.”

Asked if he thought the suspension matched the act, Habscheid said: “That’s not for me to say. But [the league] has always done a good job of dealing out suspensions.”

It is the second suspension dished out early this season by the WHL for a hit to the head. Moose Jaw forward Cody Beach was suspended seven games for a blow to the head of Brandon forward Bruno Mraz during the league’s season opener Sept. 22.`

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/head+costs+Cougars+forward+games/5502844/story.html#ixzz1ZvFpMHri