PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Bronco fans

Link Dog
10-07-2011, 06:15 PM
A buddy and I were talking at work today about the Broncos and the situation they are in right now wondering what it will take to make sure they stay in Swift Current. We thought it would be an good to get any interested people together to brain storm any ideas we could think of to help out the club. We support what the staff is doing now to draw fans, but we would just like to see if there is anything else we as fans could do to help. I sure if we could come up with something and relayed it to them, it would be appreciated by them. Also, perhaps we can do something on our own to drum up support for the team and get Bronco pride alive and well in the city. We think it's clear that it comes down to getting people back to the rink. We are going to be lining up a place for a meeting in the next week to ten days. This meeting is just being organized by two die hard fans of 25+ years who do not want this team to leave. Next year could very well be too late so desperate times call for desperate measures.

Flathead
10-08-2011, 12:30 AM
I know they are small things but I think we have to move the games back to 7:30 to get the out of towners coming again. I also think that we should allow noise makers back in the rink, half the time it's like watching a game in a library, it would bring some atmosphere back in the rink! Also tell the security people to mellow out on the kids, they are just kids being kids and the fans of the future! I have friends with kids who don't want to come to games cause security doesn't let them be kids. If the kids aren't coming niether are the parents.

Ree_21
10-08-2011, 11:35 AM
I know if you want to help the club, changes like venue times is out of the question, but increasing awareness of the games and events affiliated with advertising could be a way to help. Even if you go to the bronco office and want to volunteer a few hours here and there on events. Post signage, or grab gameday posters and go business to business. Even if you decorated the downtown business' with signage on the front windows would help market (Two - Two Teusdays and etc), I know the business' in Swift appreciate the business created by Broncos and on game nights, thus why they would appreciate the help.
I'm not sure on the situation in the Bronco office, but I do know they have limited financially to do any form of extended marketing. But there are many ways to try and fill up the seats. The easiest way is to give each school some tickets to give away, certain that the kids admission is fairly cheap but its the potential of bringing there parents and friends plus concessions. Especially if there is 50 seats available each game, give some to kids and hope the parents come along. Because at the end of the day you don't lose any more money on those 50 seats you give away and could make some bottom dollar on concession.
There are so many ways to get people in the seats but to many people talking, but before you do any work in the name of the Broncos you would need approval from the organization. Unless you go out and specifically say your not affiliated or connected with the Bronco organization but are supporting as a concerned patron and wanting to help in there image of support. But these things are tough, I was in school for marketing and we had to do a fundraiser through our program in support of the Moose Jaw mutliplex and with that building on 50% support of the city was a hard sell. We raised as a class around $3500 in one month and all proceeds went to the building (even though the cost of the building was in the millions, but it was to be a learning tool). We as a class decided to mimic the Amazing Race where we had 8 teams of 4 people go out before the event and collect pledges, there were awards (which were donated form the business community) for various actions. The most money collected, overall event winners, etc. We utilized the 4 aspects of the new Multiplex, Curling, Soccer, Hockey, and Track as our events in the city. You would have to pass each challenging event in full before you could have moved on. We used the existing buildings throughout the city ie: Curling rink (make a button shot).
I'm just explaining on how much work this could be depending on the help you want to give. If you want to make a list of suggestions than join the club, if you really want to help than promote, volunteer, advertise, fund raise, all with the organizations approval.

scfan39
10-08-2011, 04:05 PM
i know it's a long, long shot and very expensive (and obviously just a suggestion) but i'm serious when i say that a lot of people out there i know and myself included would purchase a lot more merchandise and come out to the rink to cheer on a good looking team if the broncos went back to full time retro colors, blue green and white. lets face it the rink used to be so loud and exciting and vibrant, maybe nostalgia is something some fans need

Quarter Century Fan
10-08-2011, 04:19 PM
It's good to see the people on this site brainstorming to look for solutions and go beyond just pointing out the problems our team has bringing out fans. I wonder what could be learned from observing the marketing of the Sask Roughrider team? Or better yet, if the people in charge of marketing the Broncos were to talk to the Rider organization to see if they could learn from them.
I hope the members of this site keep thinking about solutions and voicing their ideas.:punkrock:

Toswammi
10-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I am waiting for a rider like share sale.

blerbtalksc
01-31-2012, 12:06 PM
http://www.scbroncos.com/article/the-broncos-want-your-input/114754
Looks like efforts are being made.

patsdude114
01-31-2012, 02:45 PM
thats a great idea, the smaller cities in Saskatchewan need something for entertainment value & the WHL is a great option. its tough on the small market teams to flip a profit year after year in this league though with the ever rising cost of fuel, accomidations are not cheap either & the price of sticks now a days is thru the roof altho im sure junior clubs get a great deal on sticks right from the manufacture they dont pay the same price as u see in the stores this much i do know.