PDA

View Full Version : Gee, love rubbin it in people's noses!!!

rednex50
10-07-2011, 11:24 PM
So...people seemed to think that Chilliwack didn't support its team...REALLY.

Home Game 1 - 7006 in attendence
Home Game 2 - 4448 (paid - but not all in attendance)
Home Game 3 - 5935 (paid - but not all in attendance)

Game 2 I heard was actually about 2600 butts in the seats. And this is for a "new" team in a "re-envigored" market who is currently leading the BC Division and leading the entire WHL in PIM (meaning more fights).

So all this...and you can not fill the barn on the 3rd game of the season??

I'm sorry, but it pisses me off even more that my team was stolen from this town for what appears to be a town with just a larger population base...no more increased percentage of WHL hockey fans.

How will this market fair out when Sundher and Stahl and Magee go pro and this team misses the playoffs. I'm thinking they will need more ferries for the people looking to get off the island than on it.

pontcanna
10-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Nobody here is complaining after a thrilling last minute win. Exactly whose nose is being rubbed in it? 6,000 plus (in my opinion) in the place and word of mouth is positive. We're going to lose quite a few games along the way but I see a healthy average of over 5,000 per game this season. Victoria isn't a "sell-out every night" kinda town. Nobody expected it would be, especially with the double-header factor almost every week.

CdnSailor
10-07-2011, 11:47 PM
My understanding is that they have over 3000 season tickets sold.
Regardles if these seats are filled they are still sold and considered seats at the game.
Last night I was at my first game of the year and I figured that there was easily over 3500 filled. I have been in this barn for over 7 years watching games. For a Thursday evening with kids in school it was a great crowd.
I missed the game this evening but I am sure there was close to what was said.
As to averaging 5000 seats a game this season, I will not go that far.
If the team keeps on track with how they are doing, I figure maybe 4000 a game. Season ticket owners will go because it is already paid for. If they start to loose badly, the regular crowds will not show up because they figure it is a waist of money.
On Thursdays game if marketing sold the goalie zone tickets for 5 bucks they would have had close to 5000 or more at that game easily.
This is only my opinion though.

BruinsFan19
10-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Come on rednex... it's not their fault our team moved there. Blame Porter.

fatshad
10-08-2011, 02:29 PM
What happened in Chilliwack was not right I agree ! But give it a rest and get behind the Chiefs ! You are making yourself sound like such a weenie !!:o

Sauriol
10-10-2011, 07:29 PM
quit being a troll rednex. have you been to a chiefs game yet

rednex50
10-10-2011, 11:12 PM
no I haven't.

Haven't been to any games yet (Heat, Chiefs etc).

50sWHLer
10-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Well rednex50, Boy you're a 'REAL SUPPORTER' of hockey in your area, aren't you??

Some of us here in Victoria feel the same way, when we saw our ECHL Salmon Kings shelved, and we now need to watch KIDS play ------ BUT - 'Get Over It !!'

Life Goes On !!! You cannot change what the Big Money Guys & the WHL with Ron Robinson are controlling.---- Its BUSINESS & Bottom Line Only !!!

Now, get out and support the KIDS like we are here in Victoria !!

dondo
10-12-2011, 09:03 PM
don't worry about it folks -- he (rdnx50) has always been a bitter little troll even when "his team" was still in Chilliwack -- pay him no nevermind

rednex50
10-13-2011, 01:23 PM
really?? I'm a little troll??

Dondo is likely the worst troll in all of the CHL message boards.

Every loss his Giants have its always because of the zebras.

CdnSailor
10-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Now Now kids, lets play nice in the sand box :rolleyes:

pontcanna
10-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Yes, great when Chwk and Giants fans scrap in our area :)

bruiserfan
10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
really?? I'm a little troll??

Dondo is likely the worst troll in all of the CHL message boards.

Every loss his Giants have its always because of the zebras.

There hasn't been a Giants loss yet that the refs weren't responsible for...

CdnSailor
10-31-2011, 06:06 PM
There hasn't been a Giants loss yet that the refs weren't responsible for...

And there has not been a Giants win either without the help of the Zebras :p