PDA

View Full Version : Home Game Vs Edmonton

TheRiderman63
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Alright most should know but tonight sets up another home game down at the Enmax against the Oilkings with a record of (4 -2- 1- 1). Its should be very good game we just need to play a full 60 minutes and strong goaltending. Ill be at the game with my gear and im throwing on all the face paint for tonights game:)

Caniac#5
10-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Dear Santa.

All I want for Christmas is a goalie that can stop a puck.

taylor0017
10-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Enough already ...... Just fire the entire coaching staff!!!! What a horrible team!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: I have seen enough !!!!

jkanes
10-11-2011, 10:12 PM
wow tonite was pathetic.... my thoughts
-maxwell, watson, and erkamps were the best players tonite for the canes
-really like watson. speedy little forward...
-erkamps is gonna be an awesome dman. Our best one tonite, and basically held our poweplay together. just imagine our top d pairing of erkamps/pilon in a few years!
-anderson... enough said
-blomquist is taking too many stupid penalties! 2 of his penalties led to goals...
-we suck at fighting.... good try tho boys...
-Maybe its time to get a new coach in there. A young guy who can connect more with the kids would be nice.....

It will definately be interesting who we dump tomorrow to get under 25 players, even harder with all the injuries.

blacksheep
10-12-2011, 08:27 AM
yes jkanes, we were watching the same game. agreed on all ur points. :mad::mad:

LethHnds
10-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Easy guys I was at the game too and Erkamps is going to be good but still has a long way to go....the power play was 0 for 11...he made a number of turnovers in his own zone and was -2. He is small so he has to be quick. Why Ryckman is on the power play is beyond me, turns it over constantly ...Johnston can carry the puck better. pass better and has a harder shot and should be matched with Erkamps even though they are both right handed shots...which is probably why there not matched up...but time to throw conventional wisdom out the window

PeacefulChaos
10-12-2011, 09:59 AM
At least Anderson made some glovehand saves lol

lethbridgefan83
10-12-2011, 10:57 AM
My Thoughts:
-Anderson isnt even in the same ice rink in terms of breakways or 2 on 1's or clear on chances
-Maxwell, Erkamps, Watson have great potential, but we cant rely on these types of players to carry the team
-Our D seems to take the big hit when they need to play positional hockey and then when we need to take the body they like to just let a guy skate..
-We showed why you need some decent 18 yr olds to be a factor on this team in the last 5 minutes when Yakubowski/Henry/Mckechnie get into fights in the last 5 minutes..
-Guys like Braes/Ramsay, the energy type players need to be on the ice in the last 10 minutes of ANY game, not serving Fighting Majors, those type of things need to energize a team in the 2nd period, not in the last 5 minutes of a 5-1 hockey game

Comments on the Enmax Centre and entertainment value (from a season ticket holder for the past 5 years)
- ANNOUNCE the team at the beginning of EVERY period, if the people running the team dont even want to show up, why would the fans
- The video scoreboard is nice, a great upgrade, we need to find a more polished way to present content on it, I find the advertisements and the content on the board very amateurish, wouldnt take much to make it a A1 product like you get when you watch JR hockey in a NHL barn..
-Dont use the video board for everything, having the Dice Toss for the Backstreet on the board is a lazy excuse for not getting twister on the ice and getting some people involved.. Just one example..

Just my $0.02....